TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Agent of Oblivion

The Agent of Oblivion question of the day

Guest Czech please!

Lingonberry is my favorite. Perfect on pancakes.

Here's one for the borderline spread category: apple butter. What are we calling that? I despise applesauce and consider it little more than baby food, but a good apple butter is hard to beat.

Apple sauce saved my goddamn life when I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

Anyway, no one likes raspberry? Raspberry jam is tits.

Guest Vitamin X
Lingonberry is my favorite. Perfect on pancakes.

Here's one for the borderline spread category: apple butter. What are we calling that? I despise applesauce and consider it little more than baby food, but a good apple butter is hard to beat.

The only lingonberry I ever get is the juice at IKEA, which is really quite good. Not many people outside the Pacific NW get a chance to try Marionberry, but damn that's pretty good too.

Apple butter is amazing, while applesauce is only good with some oatmeal. I know a lady who does preserving/pickling/canning at the market and she had a bunch leftover from a special request, so she hooked me up with some for free- first time I ever tried it and it was really, really damn good.

And you really can't bring applesauce into this conversation- it's not really a spreadable kind of jam/jelly like apple butter is, you know? Whereas apple butter is a highly concentrated form of the former.