TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PUT THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH!

Lil Wayne is releasing a rock album

Rebirth is the upcoming seventh studio album by American rapper Lil Wayne. This album will be his rock debut. The album was set to be released on April 7, 2009 but is now slated for a May 19, 2009 release.

The album was originally thought to be the re-release of his triple-platinum album Tha Carter III.[5] However on January 23, Wayne told MTV that the album will not be a re-release, but will be his rock album debut. He also stated the album will be released on May 19, 2009.[3] The first single has been announced as "Prom Queen" and the track is produced by Infamous and Andrew "Drew" Correa. The song made its official debut on January 27, appearing on Wayne's MySpace page. Wayne performed the single live for the first time during a concert in San Diego, which was streamed live on AT&T’s FREEdom of Choice and Mobile Music Facebook pages that evening.[1] "Prom Queen" rose to #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Wayne claimed that the inspiration to switch from his usual rap to rock was Kanye West's new image and how artists these days are expanding their true talents like no other generation. Also, Wayne spent the summer with Kid Rock and was taught how to play the guitar.[6]

Lil Wayne stated he collaborated with Fall Out Boy[7] and Avril Lavigne[8] for the album.

lol

I figured you'd have been all over this months ago, Bryan the Bud. That song blows so much ass. It's not fun-bad, it's just bad.

How does nobody tell him that this is a bad idea?

Because it isn't a bad idea, because he will still make money off of it... Problay quite a bit of money. Which is the whole purpose of releasing an album.

Lil Wayne can make a country album and it'll sell.

I figured you'd have been all over this months ago, Bryan the Bud. That song blows so much ass. It's not fun-bad, it's just bad.

I'd heard about it, but I didn't believe it was actually a real thing until I saw that they made an official music video.

edit: Oh and I hated "Prom Queen" when I first heard it, but it's inexplicably grown on me. I mean, I don't want to like it, but that hasn't stopped me from listening to it like 10 times today.

As long as it's nothing like Encore.

But fart jokes and songs like "Big Weenie" and "Ass Like That"!

Give Lil Wayne credit though, he managed to get a song about fellatio to #1 and made it a popular dance song amongst teenage and young adult girls.

I don't know if that's a commentary on his skill or a commentary on how stupid young women are today.

Give Lil Wayne credit though, he managed to get a song about fellatio to #1 and made it a popular dance song amongst teenage and young adult girls.

Is a hit song with thinly veiled sexual innuendos supposed to be unique? Prince's "Little Red Corvette"—a song so completely and unapologetically about pussy—was a top-ten single in 1983.

At least Prince had the decency to use a metaphor and not Wayne's simile (licked me like a lollipop)/pun (let her lick the wrapper/rapper)/straight up nastiness (that pussy in my mouth had me at a loss for words) combination.

Well, Prince did release "Let's Pretend We're Married" as a single off 1999, too, and that song features the line "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth." I guess it didn't chart as high as his major hits, but I still think of it as the sort of obvious blow-job themed pop music hit ancestor to "Lollipop." That said, Weezy has never exactly been one for subtlety.

Lil Wayne wasn't even the first rapper to call his dick a lollipop. Shit, 50 Cent beat him to that with "Candy Shop". And goodness knows who beat 50 to the punch.

I don't know why but the rock version of Lollipop became more of a tolerable song than Lil Wayne's version for me. But the minute the rock station here played even a minute long sample of Lil Wayne's rock album was enough to tell me to majorly pass.

At least Prince had the decency to use a metaphor and not Wayne's simile (licked me like a lollipop)/pun (let her lick the wrapper/rapper)/straight up nastiness (that pussy in my mouth had me at a loss for words) combination.

I wouldn't even say that Lollipop is thinly veiled, it's pretty blatant in what it's trying to say. Prince's songs were more, "Ohhhhhh, THAT'S what he meant" in terms of his sexual innuendos.

Yeah, and Eminem is also relapsing Relapse Part 1 on May 19th. Em is gonna kill his stupid ass in record sales, and quality wise.

lol, Wayne is gonna smoke em in sales. even over this piece of shit

Weezy

OK really stop that.

Yeah. If you're going to call him Weezy, please say the "Baby"

Don't forget the F in the middle.