TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PUT THAT DICK IN MY MOUTH!

Lil Wayne is releasing a rock album

Rebirth is the upcoming seventh studio album by American rapper Lil Wayne. This album will be his rock debut. The album was set to be released on April 7, 2009 but is now slated for a May 19, 2009 release.

The album was originally thought to be the re-release of his triple-platinum album Tha Carter III.[5] However on January 23, Wayne told MTV that the album will not be a re-release, but will be his rock album debut. He also stated the album will be released on May 19, 2009.[3] The first single has been announced as "Prom Queen" and the track is produced by Infamous and Andrew "Drew" Correa. The song made its official debut on January 27, appearing on Wayne's MySpace page. Wayne performed the single live for the first time during a concert in San Diego, which was streamed live on AT&T’s FREEdom of Choice and Mobile Music Facebook pages that evening.[1] "Prom Queen" rose to #15 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. Wayne claimed that the inspiration to switch from his usual rap to rock was Kanye West's new image and how artists these days are expanding their true talents like no other generation. Also, Wayne spent the summer with Kid Rock and was taught how to play the guitar.[6]

Lil Wayne stated he collaborated with Fall Out Boy[7] and Avril Lavigne[8] for the album.

As awful as the sing is, that part makes me believe that the album is going to be even shittier than it would be otherwise.

92287-v8.jpg

NOTHING!

Emeinem's album comes out the same day as this, so I'll get both. I figure The Em will balance out the Wayne, sort of like Kanye balancing out 50 when they released albums on the same day two years ago.