TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NCAA Tournament

Xavier is the most wondrous male name that I have ever heard. Of course, much of the credit clearly goes to the 'X,' because I do not find the name 'Javier' to be anything special. But an X at the beginning of the name? What a bold renegade! X's 'ZAY' pronunciation is much more elegant than J's 'HAH.'

Don't you hate it when people pronounce it "egg-zavier"? That's the mark of a broadcaster who hasn't done his homework.

Syracuse is looking good today.

It's down to a 4 point lead now. I hate being a fan of this team.

Lay off. Duke has been overrated tourney fodder for most of this decade. The majority of the guys that have gone there in recent years have been guys who would have ridden the pine for 4 years in the '90s and with rare exception none of those players do anything at the pro level either.

Lay off. Duke has been overrated tourney fodder for most of this decade. The majority of the guys that have gone there in recent years have been guys who would have ridden the pine for 4 years in the '90s and with rare exception none of those players do anything at the pro level either.

Who are you talking to?

Arizona State surely followed the blueprint for the "Pac-10 at the Dance" performance. Jeff Pendergraph turtled up like a little bitch today. He laid an egg against a team in Syracuse who has little to no interior to speak of, fouling out in essentially 15 minutes of play. From the tip-off, he simply hid behind his defender and waited for a lob or dump pass to come his way. I've heard for the last two years he's been projected as a first round pick in the draft - what a pro career he has ahead of him.

That being said, Syracuse is in my Elite 8 for a reason -- that team is absolutely deadly when they have the drive and dish going. Blake Griffin looked incredible yesterday, but I don't think the OK backcourt stands a chance against 'Cuse. I wouldn't be surprised if their 2-3 zone holds everyone on Oklahoma not named Griffin to under 10 points.

Who are you talking to?

The guys who have been ripping you for being a frontrunning fan. Duke basketball is about as much of a powerhouse these days as Notre Dame football.

Re: Xavier. I think ESPN pretty much always gets it right these days, but in the past I heard ex-avier and egg-vier ALL the time. So when the first season of Dream Job aired and Al Jaffey yelled at some guy for miss pronouncing a player's name or a school's name or something and told him how you have to be respectful and get them right, I just rolled my eyes.

Being a Pitt fan is nerveracking. I could see this team go all the way, or lose in the sweet 16 to Xavier. Either outcome wouldn't surprise me.

These commercials with the NCAA athletes stepping out of bounds and turning into construction workers and pilots are kinda depressing. They remind me of Field of Dreams.

These commercials with the NCAA athletes stepping out of bounds and turning into construction workers and pilots are kinda depressing. They remind me of Field of Dreams.

Advertisements for NCAA student-athlete awareness perennially rank among the worst. I'm not impressed that some girl who played badminton at Penn State is now working in marketing. The hell else is she going to do?