TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

College emotion vs professional devotion

What's your favorite thing about Duke, Cowboy Numbers? That's they've been really good for the last 20 years? The screaming idiot who hypes every white guy that passes through their ranks? Their fuckwad coach? The atmosphere that there's no way you could ever be part of as long as you live? What's not to love?

What's your favorite thing about having to pay to be an admin on this site?

That he gets to run a board with your horrible comebacks?

A board that features terrible excuses for half human half trolls like you? Seriously... dig a hole, lay in it, and wait for your death.

A board that features terrible excuses for half human half trolls like you? Seriously... dig a hole, lay in it, and wait for your death.

The NBA is full of a bunch of over paid bitches. They don't give a fuck about what happens as long as they get paid.

1 thread for me supposedly coming off as a dumbass vs your entire life of being a dumbass....

Oh. and about that whole "90's argument" about pros not caring.......... 2 words..... Stephon Marbury

This troll does NOT know what he's talking about.

Considering you're a memphis, knicks, etc fan... You should really shut the fuck up.

Fuck iu. My family is a Purdue family. Also, what you're saying would mean I change teams every 4 years at max. I've been a Duke fan for over 13 years, a Florida fan for over 15 years, and a Cowboys fan my whole life. So you alllllllll can suck a dick.

COWBOY NUMBERSED

What's your favorite thing about having to pay to be an admin on this site?

So, what IS your favourite thing about liking Duke? Knowing you get to root for NBA flameouts?

That Duke reasoning is not forthcoming, is it?

Edit- You weren't really trying to be an Internet Tough Guy there were you?

To be fair, it's difficult to like the local sports teams, except for the Colts. We don't have an MLB team, or a college team of reknown outside of Notre Dame football and IU Basketball, which are both in shambles, or Pur-don't university, which has never mattered outside this time zone. Even I, for the most part, shift my allegiances to Chicago's teams.

Used to be. IU is just down, is all, and the Pacers are in such bad shape they're leaving town.

Tex did almost bring up a good point, though, Bob.

You like the Nets, The Saints, and Memphis. You're hardly one to question another person's sports allegiances.

Unlike Cowboy Numbers though, I've explained my allegiances numerous times and am happy to do so again.

I've been a Memphis Tigers fan my whole life. I remember rooting for Penny Hardaway as a kid, and the pain of getting killed by Cincinnati in the Elite 8 in 92. Most of my dad's side of the family lives in Memphis, and I go to Memphis all the time.

I was raised to be a Saints fan. Again, my dad's side is all from Memphis and if you're from Memphis, you root for the Saints.

Explain the Nets fandom.

BTW, after blowing a game like that, I'd cry like Adam Morrison did too. I cry like that all the time when the Knicks lose close games.

I was a Knicks fan as a kid, and casually rooted for the Nets. But when the Knicks traded Patrick Ewing, I realised I could never pull for the Knicks, and became a Nets fan. As I said, they're a local team, so there's no real controversy there

You like the Nets, The Saints, and Memphis. You're hardly one to question another person's sports allegiances.

In a sense it is if you consider how many titles those teams have won compared to Dallas, Florida, and Duke. Geographically speaking sure it's a little weird, but I don't think that makes too much of a difference.

And I don't really care what teams Cowboys Numbers roots for, and neither should you guys. I mean, what's the point? How does what he likes affect you? If there's not some dipshit Florida, Dallas, or Duke fan in him, there'll be another to step up and replace him elsewhere, and then you end up with guys like Roho. Is that what TSM really needs?

Well, I'm irritated that this discussion has been allowed to grow into whatever this is because he kept evading a simple "who and how do you like Duke" question. Few arguments on here genuinely honestly frustrate me beyond whatever sort of bluff and bluster I type up, but this has been one of them. Another one you may remember is when Massito kept giving me a bunch of two-bit obfuscation on how the Mormon Church can ethically profit from immoral and sinful behavior. I didn't appreciate that.

I liked Duke as a child because I dominated with them on some shitty SNES college basketball game with them all the time. Then there was this epic Football game that had a High School, College, and NFL mode. I ended up liking USC because of that game... but none of those fandoms lasted more than a mild 3 year interest.