TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Angles Broken Fricken Neck

WWE SmackDown - March 27, 2009

Here's the only thing from WWE.com's preview you need to know:

HBTaker.jpg

There's also a crazy 8 man tag like there was on Raw, but the teams are shuffled up a bit - Punk/Kofi/MVP/Henry vs. Christian/Finlay/Benjamin/Kane.

Yeah, good episode of Smackdown. I marked out at the very end, because I wasn't expecting it at all... the bit that the spoilers missed out I mean... Someone needs to cap the last minute or so with the Benny Hill music.

Some more good promo work by the Hardys on this show as well.

@ TSM Fantasy: The music playing after the 8-man tag was the ACDC Mania theme song, does sound similar to Kennedy's though.

I think it was supposed to be more creepy than gay. Another shot at poor old Jeff, who lost his (gay) dog in that blaze that apparently every casual WWE fan knows about(?)

I think it was supposed to be more creepy than gay. Another shot at poor old Jeff, who lost his (gay) dog in that blaze that apparently every casual WWE fan knows about(?)

They harped on about the dog dying on TV for various weeks, but still, the segmant was pretty lame.

That's just me, though.

It's too bad Shawn and Taker don't have heat or backstage antics like the classic between Hogan and Michaels in 2005. It was a blast going online and finding so much shit, whether shoot or not both were throwing at each other and the fact that behind the scenes, Hogan said no way to a job, thus making HBK OVERSELL all of Hogan's moves.

Good times, that was indeed.

I must admit that was a pretty hilarious match to watch, but i'd rather Michaels/Taker had a 25 minute classic at Mania myself.

I don't know if a handshake would work after, though, what with Takers 'character'.

Man, remember when Festus had that competitive match with The UT around this time last year, and a lot of people thought he was in line for a big singles push?

Shawn was just great in that segment - though it won't happen, I'm kind of rooting for him to break the streak.

You never know in this business.

While you do 'never know', this is one you can put money on.

And I'm glad to see this played out as well as it read; the whole angle played masterfully.

Just a thought, this MVP face turn has worked out pretty good. I never really thought I would see the day he turned face. Maybe Kennedy turns back heel, just to balance things out.

Question:

They announced a rematch for the US Title next week on SmackDown!.

Well, how about Shelton goes on to win the US Title back (Letting MVP have the payoff for the angle by winning the title) and then MVP goes on to win the MITB.

Question:

They announced a rematch for the US Title next week on SmackDown!.

Well, how about Shelton goes on to win the US Title back (Letting MVP have the payoff for the angle by winning the title) and then MVP goes on to win the MITB.

Personally, even though it won't happen, I'd like to see R-Truth slide in there and take the title, since he really has nothing to do right now. Then we can have a Hardy-R-Truth full blown feud. That match on Smackdown wasn't too bad, maybe they can work well together.

Whose dog tags does Cena wear when he comes to the ring? It must be someone that meant alot to him because he always kisses them before handing them to the ringside attendant.

They mean to him whatever percentage he gets from the $20 they charge for John Cena dog tags at the merchandise booth.

That ending segment was GREAT until HBK started with the dancing. Taker coming out of the ring mat really saved it for me. I'm really looking forward to the match.

That ending segment was GREAT until HBK started with the dancing. Taker coming out of the ring mat really saved it for me. I'm really looking forward to the match.

I agree completely. I think it would have been badass for Shawn to be standing in the ring still in white, only to see Undertaker come from the ring behind him. If HBK needed to lose the trench coat for the chokeslam escape, why not just have UT grab that and try to pull him down, only for HBK to slip it off.