TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jaxxson Mayhem

Ball State's Womens Basketball Team Beats Tennessee in Tournament

Unfuckingbelievable. This is absolutely insane. Congratulations to the women's team.

Not really. It was a 5 v. 12 upset which happens all the time, and by all accounts, Tennessee had a really down year

Unfuckingbelievable. This is absolutely insane. Congratulations to the women's team.

Not really. It was a 5 v. 12 upset which happens all the time, and by all accounts, Tennessee had a really down year

Considering they haven't lost the first weekend of the tournament in a long ass time going 42-0.... yes... this is huge.

True, though that was technically 2008.

However, this is notable for the fact that this is Ball State's first-ever appearance in the tournament, and that Tennessee had made at least the Sweet 16 in every season since the tournament's inception.

True, though that was technically 2008.

However, this is notable for the fact that this is Ball State's first-ever appearance in the tournament, and that Tennessee had made at least the Sweet 16 in every season since the tournament's inception.

This is true. You should have seen Pat Summit's face during her post game interview right after her loss. It looked like someone executed her dog right in front of her then forced her to give the interview.

Question for you alf- what happened to Indiana basketball this year? I totally forgot they existed until I realised they weren't in the tournament and checked their record and...wow. What's the deal?

I remember it happened, but it's still Indiana University. I don't expect them to be that bad. I guess it's like UNC during the Doherty era or Duke that half season where Coach K bailed.

They lost all their recruiting commitments and most of the returning players got kicked off due to academic violations. I think they had one scholarship kid on the team and the rest of the roster was walk-ons. Near the end of the season they started giving the team manager playing time.

That said, Crean apparently has a top 10 recruiting class coming in next year, so that ship should be turned around sooner rather than later.

That, and this was a really young team, as well. There were nine freshmen on the roster, and only two players returned from the 07-08 roster.