TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

WWF WrestleMania X-7 (4/1/01)

It's been my problem with 24/7. This is a pay service which clearly caters to the older fans. Only adults can order it and pay for it through their cable bill.

Complete bullshit. It's also complete hypocracy on McMahon's part. The man who has given us, among other things, Katie Vick and wanted to be the father of Stephanie's child on-screen called TNA's programming reprehensible while defending the HHH/Orton home invasion angle. This led to Raw on Monday where Orton again beat up Stephanie McMahon and kissed her, acting more like he was going to rape her. Not to mention the "affair" storyline involving Big Show, Vickie Guerrero, Edge, and John Cena. Real family-friendly stuff you got going there, Vince.

This is why I don't throw out my old wrestling tapes, including WM X-7.

One thing that gets under-mentioned when discussing this WrestleMania:

I love the Blassie opening for the show. Both this one and the WrestleMania XV ones were among the best openings for WrestleManias, IMO.

I'm honestly shocked there's blood in the Legends of WrestleMania game. It's pretty prominent too; when a guy is busted open there's a big cut on his forehead and blood spatters on his chest. Yet they B&W Austin bleeding at 13 and Bret bleeding at 8.

Ric Flair just did a major blade job on Raw this past week. Is the rule they show the blood live then ruin the footage thereafter?

I understand why they blur the logs and alter the background music for 24/7 and the DVDs. Don't like it but I understand all the legal stuff. But bleeping the language and altering the footage in regards to blood is inexcuseable. I'm paying like ninety dollars a year to watch heavily censored wrestling footage?

I remember a year ago that Flair didn't do a blade job at WM because they were trying to market to kids now. This didn't bother me because I didn't think Flair needed to be a disgusting, gory mess for his last match.

I never really got the point of editing footage to show black and white with blood.

I've seen blood in shows with lower ratings than TV-PG.

Plus, what the hell does making it black-and-white do? It just makes the footage look stupid...doesn't lessen the effect.

I just realized. I bet someone at Connecticut saw the trailer for Mad World.

It'll take Vince 9 or 10 years to figure this out, though. And by then, WWE TV will be rated G.

Anyways...

It's been my problem with 24/7. This is a pay service which clearly caters to the older fans. Only adults can order it and pay for it through their cable bill.

Complete bullshit. It's also complete hypocracy on McMahon's part. The man who has given us, among other things, Katie Vick and wanted to be the father of Stephanie's child on-screen called TNA's programming reprehensible while defending the HHH/Orton home invasion angle. This led to Raw on Monday where Orton again beat up Stephanie McMahon and kissed her, acting more like he was going to rape her. Not to mention the "affair" storyline involving Big Show, Vickie Guerrero, Edge, and John Cena. Real family-friendly stuff you got going there, Vince.

This is why I don't throw out my old wrestling tapes, including WM X-7.

THIS.

The beeping doesn't bother me but the black and white in the main event? Come on.

Did Shane not get his own theme music until the summer of 2001? When did "Here Comes the Money" debut?

I believe it debuted at Backlash 01 when Shane faced Big Show in a Last Man Standing match, although it sounded abit different at first (a diff mix some diff words) I have the home video vhs of the show, so I remember that.

The beeping doesn't bother me but the black and white in the main event? Come on.

Did Shane not get his own theme music until the summer of 2001? When did "Here Comes the Money" debut?

I believe it debuted at Backlash 01 when Shane faced Big Show in a Last Man Standing match, although it sounded abit different at first (a diff mix some diff words) I have the home video vhs of the show, so I remember that.

Yeah, The Chris Warren Band (or another Zach De La Rocha soundalike) did the original version which debuted at Backlash 2001. The one we all know performed by Naughty By Nature didn't debut until the RAW IS WAR after Judgment Day 2001 when Shane returned to interrupt Kurt Angle's Olympic Gold Medal ceremony (which then set up their No Disqualification Match at King Of The Ring 2001).