TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The Sweet 16 & Elite 8 Thread

Cowboy Numbers, why do you like Duke?

Memphis is trying to make it interesting, but they can't seem to get a complete defensive stop. It's a semi-defensive clampdown, but Mizzou is getting too many free throws.

Al, please don't jinx it. I give them tons of credit for not laying down and dying. We just have to keep driving to the basket, and make it fast. No threes unless Sallie has it and is open.

I'm just commenting that it's competitive, no longer a blowout.

Cowboy Numbers has an hour to draft his explanation!

The hell? We don't ban or suspend posters for not explaining sports allegiances.

Cowboy Numbers has an hour to draft his explanation!

The hell? We don't ban or suspend posters for not explaining sports allegiances.

Maybe he was distracted and needed time to think of what he wanted to say!

Memphis is only down 6 now with 2 minutes to go. I wish my local feed would switch over for the last 2 minutes.

Down by 8 with 1:24 is prob too much to overcome, but I am so proud of this team.

And finally Tyreke Evans scores 30+, I'd been waiting for that all year!

Yes, we do.

.........................wow.

Anyway... my bracket has just officially blown up.

That's not an answer, Cowboy Numbers.

I love Antonio Anderson, but I don't think is how he wanted to go out. He just fouled out, what a tremendous career he had.

I was just joking! I have blocked most of the ending out though. The way I felt afterwards? Sadly, still remember it

Someday you're going to walk past a playground, see a kid brick a free throw, and immediately crumple to the ground while sobbing convulsively.

Duke's never going to win another championship with the caliber of "athletes" they've been trotting out there for the last handful of years.

I was just joking! I have blocked most of the ending out though. The way I felt afterwards? Sadly, still remember it

Someday you're going to walk past a playground, see a kid brick a free throw, and immediately crumple to the ground while sobbing convulsively.

I've gotten over it, I'm okay with it. At the beginning of the year, Coach Cal told everyone to get over it, and I did. That was an incredible season.

Sucks that the season's over. Losing this game sucks, but what makes it worse is knowing that there's 8 months until the next game. That sucks.

It was an amazing season, and I think we did better than a lot of people thought, especially when we were 6-3 and looked dead.

Shame that Dozier, Anderson and McGrady never won a title, they will be missed.

Imagine what Memphis could be if they had more than one or two shooters worth a damn. It just seems like Calipari only recruits long, athletic slashers that can't hit a 3 or a FT to save their lives.

Because their academic record is deplorable, and rarely any of their student athletes graduate. So fuck them, they're a fraud to the world!

Are student athletes supposed to graduate? I thought they were there simply to make money for their respective schools.

No real shocks tonight, at least not to me. Stuff like UConn over Purdue was easy to pick, and Pitt has a stay of execution until Saturday now where Villanova should run them off the court given the way those two teams are playing.

Why did these so called experts think Duke had a hope in hell tonight? You could just see from watching games this year that Villanova is bad ass and would be a nightmare matchup for Duke. They're quicker, shoot better, just have it all over Duke every way possible.

Also had Mizzou over Memphis tonight, which may have surprised some. Calipari had a baffling strategy in this game. Memphis ran up a huge winning streak by playing hard nosed defense and tonight they were fine with getting into a high octane battle with one of the most frenetic teams in the nation? Memphis needed to slow this down a bit, because they don't have enough scoring to match Mizzou.

No real shocks tonight, at least not to me. Stuff like UConn over Purdue was easy to pick, and Pitt has a stay of execution until Saturday now where Villanova should run them off the court given the way those two teams are playing.

Why did these so called experts think Duke had a hope in hell tonight? You could just see from watching games this year that Villanova is bad ass and would be a nightmare matchup for Duke. They're quicker, shoot better, just have it all over Duke every way possible.

Also had Mizzou over Memphis tonight, which may have surprised some. Calipari had a baffling strategy in this game. Memphis ran up a huge winning streak by playing hard nosed defense and tonight they were fine with getting into a high octane battle with one of the most frenetic teams in the nation? Memphis needed to slow this down a bit, because they don't have enough scoring to match Mizzou.

They see DUKE on the chest and think it's early '90s Duke instead of the squad of stiffs they have these days. It always amazes me how high the expectations are for this team when average fans know they are mediocre at best.

Imagine what Memphis could be if they had more than one or two shooters worth a damn. It just seems like Calipari only recruits long, athletic slashers that can't hit a 3 or a FT to save their lives.

They shot very well from the FT line this year. They were bad from the three though, Mack is so streaky, Salle barely played and Evans is hit or miss.

The 09-10 recruting class is apparently the tops in the country, but I don't think they'll be as good as people think. Losing Anderson will hurt a lot, and I don't know how well you can play with a team led by freshman.