TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Obama Sides with RIAA

I blame shows like MTV Cribs for pirating. I think it makes people justify what they are doing when they see Fred Durst living in a 15 million dollar mansion, with 10 bedrooms, 2 pools, a grotto, etc and the person is living in 800 dollar a month apartment. If I were a famous celeb, I wouldn't be promoting/exposing my wealth and fame like that. That is just an invitation for people to steal one way or another.

It certainly results in a robin hood mentality that I'm surprised hasn't caught fire like it should have.

At what point did we let the absurdity of so called "artists" unionizing for financial gain go unnoticed? Artists don't sell product, they sell art. And any artist who cares about his art would want it being shared with as many people as possible. The problem started with these artists being taken advantage of by labels and management, and has developed into them simply finding there own people to take advantage of, fans. Rather than destroy the cycle that kept them broke, they just passed the problem down to the fans who make them who they are in the first place.

It's a hypocritical situation. A company like SONY puts out CD-Rs and CD-RWs so you can make your own CDs from music you download. They put out their own MP3 players, but then they bitch and moan when you don't spend $18.95 plus tax for a CD from one of the bands on their label. They can't have it both ways. This is a situation where they want to have their cake and eat it too.

I had a friend get 2 years fed time for napster sharing. He had like a million something songs he was sharing. Idiot was right back at it day he got released.

He said something like, "I got two years of catching up to do." Funny thing was he was using napster to expand is djing business.

On a strange and disgusting side note, he gave another friend the clap.

I've heard that it's the uploading that they can get you for, not the downloading. I don't know if it's 100% true, but it makes sense. If you are downloading, you can say you got the MP3s from iTunes or the Zune Marketplace.

I've heard that it's the uploading that they can get you for, not the downloading. I don't know if it's 100% true, but it makes sense. If you are downloading, you can say you got the MP3s from iTunes or the Zune Marketplace.

I have heard something similar. I'm sure it wouldn't stop them from trying though.

If anything, you should download just to get back at the greedy music companies and CEOs since artists / bands make more money off concerts than CD sales.

So what's up with Piratebay.org? I used that site a lot a few months ago but I heard the guys who ran it were going to jail or something.

In a nutshell, they were arrested (four of them) for copyright issues, but they are defending themselves saying that they didn't host the files.