TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snuffbox

Happy 40th Allman Bros

The Allman Bros Band is forty years old today. I hope I'm not the only fan here but it wouldnt surprise me. I do remember I had to defend Gregg Allman's ability to grab hold of 'Night They Drove Old Dixie Down' once here.

I was hoping they would be added to the Bonnaroo lineup this year after canceling last year's appearance. I want to see them again; not sure how much Gregg Allman has left in the old tank.

I guess they've been bringing out all kinds of guests for their current Beacon run: Clapton, Boz Scaggs, ZZ Top, Buddy Guy, etc.

There was a rumor that a certain former band member might be one of the Beacon guests but it hasn't happened yet.

Huh, I figured I was the only Allman fan here.

The Beacon Shows have been sick. The second Clapton show was filthy, especially the Liz Reed at the end of the 2nd set.

Right now, I think that Derek is the best rock guitar player around. The new DTB cd is amazing as well, and just seeing his ability to interact with any other player and make them better is fantastic.

Dickie won't be there though. I think it's for the best. The band has moved on in a different direction that they could not have gone in with him.

Oh man, they played the first two albums (almost) in their entirety. It was amazing.