TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Anakin Flair

Downgrading to XP

So, my laptop got that annoying virus that poses as a virus scanner. So I figured I'd take the opportunity to finally downgrade the thing from Vista to XP. My question is- if I downgrade, will I still be able to put Vista back on the machine if I decide to?

So, my laptop got that annoying virus that poses as a virus scanner. So I figured I'd take the opportunity to finally downgrade the thing from Vista to XP. My question is- if I downgrade, will I still be able to put Vista back on the machine if I decide to?

I just did this not too long ago. Reformatted and everything works fine.

Only draw back with going to XP may be some driver issues. If you have a newer laptop, then some of the hardware may only have drivers for Vista and will not work with XP. Might want to check that out and make sure the hardware will work before you switch as well.

I have Windows 7 beta installed right now and it's absolutely amazing. The beta of this OS kills Vista.

I have been hearing some good things about it. In what regards would say that Windows 7 is better than Vista? Performance? Ease of use?