TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lei Tong

The Agent of Oblivion question of the day

What's the worst crime you've ever committed? Whether legally charged or not, be as specific as you feel you can be without putting your own freedom at risk.

I'll go first: attempted murder. Close second: assault with a deadly weapon.

EDIT: Drunkenly C&P'ed the wrong date. Shit.

Nothing major to be honest. Never got arrested let alone charged with a crime. The worst thing I did, never charged with let alone arrested, let me think.

Probably the time I broke somebody's arm because I was jealous. I was young and stupid at the time.

possession of a large amount of marijuana, harbouring a fugitive, malicious destruction of property with over $500 of damage, jaywalking... pretty boring i suppose.

possession of a large amount of marijuana, harbouring a fugitive, malicious destruction of property with over $500 of damage, jaywalking... pretty boring i suppose.

I piss my self laughing everytime I see Jaywalking mentioned as a crime. In Shanghai, and any China city, walking on the road is as normal as wearing shoes on your feet to walk. More people walk on the side of the road than on the foopath. (Every road bar the smallest has a narrow area that is only for bicycle and food pedestrians.) Also we don't have green traffic lights for crossing roads. How it works is the light flashes red or green and both cars and people are allowed cross at the same time when green. The people take priority but the cars only have to slow not stop. Sounds dangerous yes? It's not really and it works very well in practise.

Amazing how in US you can get a squillion years in jail just for having an ounce of weed in your pocket. Yet thugs, rapists and even killers sometimes serve less jail time.

Dealing weed.

You also distributed c**** p*** on an internet messageboard.

A LEGIT FELONY

Amazing how in US you can get a squillion years in jail just for having an ounce of weed in your pocket. Yet thugs, rapists and even killers sometimes serve less jail time.

That's not true. In Hawaii, you need to have almost half a pound to be prosecuted for possession with intent to sell. Also, an ounce is a lot. I don't think I could fit an ounce in my pocket.

I think that's the least of your problems.

Probably. I alluded to it in the "what's the worst thing you've ever done" thread, and in retrospect it was a shitty thing to do over a totally inane reason (generic insult about my ex-girlfriend). I wouldn't say I'm normally violent (in a none-defensive way, at least), but I think everyone has certain triggers.

I don't like the whole concept of "triggers." You're just saying you're not responsible for what you did.

He never said anything about a lack of responsibility, but in certain situations self-control is a little harder to exert than in others, especially as it concerns certain issues that are more sensitive.

For me, nothing too bad, mostly dumb stuff as a teenager like accidentally starting a fire after a fireworks display went wrong, possession of marijuana (this one happens pretty often), and drunk driving. Okay, that last one is pretty bad, but thankfully I only did it once. Learned my lesson after that.

When I was a kid I used to get into fights every once in a long while, but I'm pretty sure that's more a case of boys being boys than anything else.

I don't like the whole concept of "triggers." You're just saying you're not responsible for what you did.

I'm not trying to skirt responsibility for what I did, nor would I argue that there's ever a legit reason to try and kill someone outside of self-defense scenarios. As is, I did something really stupid, and luckily was stopped by co-workers before things went too far.

The only time I've ever come face-to-face with the guy, I ignored him as best I could. That probably hurt him worse than anything else I could do without a gun.

Nah, it was a knife, which is ironic considering I hate them and had a constant fear of getting stabbed in a fight. I'd honestly rather be shot.

Sex outside of the missionary position, which is technically a felony in Utah. Might be a misdemeanor, it's a crime though.

Piracy. Never sold anything. But if a four-year-old can get charged for Barney songs, wouldn't having thousands of dollars of 'stolen' material be worse?