TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Ask Leena thread.

About a month or so ago, we'll admit that we pranked the board creating a fake Leelee account

I'll never be a mod :(

Anyways, some quick questions:

1.) Will MikeSC be coming back to the board?

2.) Will Marvin's "Final Fantasy 6" curse of negative post numbers remain?

3.) Will wildpegasus and CronoT remain banned?

About a month or so ago, we'll admit that we pranked the board creating a fake Leelee account

1.) Will MikeSC be coming back to the board?

3.) Will wildpegasus and CronoT remain banned?

1) Mike is unbanned. He's made it quite clear he's not interested in returning here, however.

2) Marvin's silly "Condemned" or whatever is removed. Unless Czech did something I'm not aware of (not likely since he's dumb dumb with computers), his status was never changed. However, he'll be on close watch, though.

3) CronoT is unbanned. wildpegasus, I might let back eventually if he agrees to just stay in the wrestling and Astroboy sections.

I know many of have questions and concerns about me taking over TSM.

So, ask whatever you want here.

I am new so I don't have any concerns of course. The only question would be are you going to change anything? I joined the board after several days of looking around because I liked the way it is.

Why'd you go through so much trouble to do all this.

It wasn't any trouble at all. Infact, just 3 days ago I was "officially" asked if I was interested. Got a few people to chip in the cost, and here we are.

Can we still change display names? I hope so, because that's on of my favorite features.

I really hate that, actually. I leave for a few days, come back, and then I don't recognize anyone.

Can we still change display names? I hope so, because that's on of my favorite features.

I'll allow it for now (mostly because I'm not sure how to disable it yet), but if it gets abused, then it's gone.

Why'd you go through so much trouble to do all this.

It wasn't any trouble at all. Infact, just 3 days ago I was "officially" asked if I was interested. Got a few people to chip in the cost, and here we are.

So, you and others are paying for hosting now, then? I've always been "grey" about where the board resides.. ie: if Mike was using an external provider or if he had his own servers, etc.

Also, I thought you hated this place because of all the misogyny - what gives? ;)

Also, I thought you hated this place because of all the misogyny - what gives?

There were only a small amount of posters who are misogynistic shit. Unfortunately, the two worst ones were Mole and Keiper, who had power.

Also, I thought you hated this place because of all the misogyny - what gives?

There were only a small amount of posters who are misogynistic shit. Unfortunately, the two worst ones were Mole and Keiper, who had power.

What happened to them? Have they been banned?

Can you suspend Cowboy Numbers until he reveals his Duke affiliation?

No.

That is the type of shit that's not happening here anymore.

I don't like this new regime.

FYI, I am pushing for the no name change thing.

(Maybe).

I agree with this. I think allowing name changes but only via request to a mod/admin is a good way to go. I mean, I know we can check the histories in their profiles, but it's kind of a pain in the ass. I don't know who I'm talking to half the time.

I'm curious, what kind of shit can an admin find out about the users here aside from their IP address?

If you do an internet search you can find out how the IPB password storage scheme works. I have tried to explain it before, but no one caught on. In simple terms, it stores half the password on the server and the other half on your computer as a "salt" in a cookie.

On a second note, I wouldn't make your password here or anywhere online thats free like YahooIM or AIM the same as your bank account or retirement, yet don't make it password or 123...

As always with the internet you can see peoples IPs. This doesn't tell you your address where you live, just who you use for internet. As leena often did you can use proxys to have multiple IPs all over the world. Google it!

I'm still confused as to why someone, who has pretty much been the BUTT of jokes or shown a lot of hatred towards the messageboard (and its users), would go on to assume control of it with their own money.

2) Marvin's silly "Condemned" or whatever is removed. Unless Czech did something I'm not aware of (not likely since he's dumb dumb with computers), his status was never changed. However, he'll be on close watch, though.

In the words of the Governor of the great state of Alaska: Thanks...but no thanks. I feel bad enough having to come back and post this but given the circumstances I figured it was at least appropriate. I didnt miss this place over the last month and I dont feel like going back on things just because theres new leadership or whatever.