3 1 Knowing Sum. $14,705,000 $46,220,000 - 2

4 2 I Love You, Man P/DW $12,600,000 $37,007,000 - 2

5 3 Duplicity Uni. $7,556,000 $25,639,000 - 2

6 4 Race to Witch Mountain BV $5,637,000 $53,295,000 - 3

7 N 12 Rounds Fox $5,300,000 $5,300,000 - 1

8 5 Watchmen WB $2,755,000 -$103,296,000 4

9 7 Taken Fox $2,700,000 $137,074,000 - 9

10 6 The Last House on the Left (2009) Uni. $2,611,000 $28,459,000 - 3

I would hardly agree with the title that it bombed. Making the top 10 is good. Actually The Rocks new film didn't a whole lot better.

I would hardly agree with the title that it bombed. Making the top 10 is good. Actually The Rocks new film didn't a whole lot better.

You're kidding right? Look at the totals of Witch Mountain......it's done a WHOLE lot better than 12 Rounds.

Didn't The Marine make like 8 million or so the first weekend it was out? And I recalled it being in the top three the first week. Compare that to a number seven here, and most certainly, 12 Rounds bombed. There is no way to slice it otherwise really.

I would imagine Taken will finally leave the top ten next week. Quite a run there.

You're kidding right? Look at the totals of Witch Mountain......it's done a WHOLE lot better than 12 Rounds.

Didn't The Marine make like 8 million or so the first weekend it was out? And I recalled it being in the top three the first week. Compare that to a number seven here, and most certainly, 12 Rounds bombed. There is no way to slice it otherwise really.

I would imagine Taken will finally leave the top ten next week. Quite a run there.

Maybe I am reading the various numbers wrong.

The first number is the weekend gross, the second number is the total gross and the last number is the amount of weeks it has been out. Witch Mountain has done 53 million so far and will probably end around 65-70 million for it's box office run. 12 Rounds is probably going to do 12-15 total for it's box office run.

The first number is the weekend gross, the second number is the total gross and the last number is the amount of weeks it has been out. Witch Mountain has done 53 million so far and will probably end around 65-70 million for it's box office run. 12 Rounds is probably going to do 12-15 total for it's box office run.

Ah I was reading wrong. Yeah so 12 rounds is pretty much a money earning disaster.

Ah I was reading wrong. Yeah so 12 rounds is pretty much a money earning disaster.

I am sure it had a low budget. I couldn't find a figure yet but WWE had alot of advertising for it. It seemed like for the last 3 months that 30 minutes of raw each week was devoted to 12 rounds.

imdb.com has the estimated budget for 12 rounds being 22 million. I do not know if that includes the advertising budget.

12 Rounds still did a little better than I was expecting. Number 7, $5 million, still did better than Miss March which had a ton of ads for it everywhere. I saw it advertised on a lot of game broadcasts, if you watch the Whitest Kids U Know, they did stuff after the show similar to all WWE's 12 Rounds pushing.

This film also opened on less screens than Marine, I don't know how many to compensate for the difference, but this one could very well be like Marine where it will make a lot of money on DVD, especially now with Blu-Ray a little more "common". I know that I won't be rushing to the theaters to see this, but I will check it out on DVD. Marine was entertaining enough to give this one which seems similar a try.

12 Rounds actually looked halfway decent too. I guess this is proof that flat out, the general public just doesn't care about wrestler movies.

Probably make a killing on dvd like the other WWE films have done. Cool to see Taken still in the top ten after 9 weeks. I saw I Love You Man recently, even though I was hesitant after seeing Role Models. This movie was awesome though, funny from start to finish.

12 Rounds actually looked halfway decent too. I guess this is proof that flat out, the general public just doesn't care about wrestler movies.

Or they got burned out from the over the top shoving down the throat the WWE did every Monday. Beside the movie looking meh at best, the constant shoving just made it unlikable in every way.

who got burned out from the shoving down the throat?

The only people who got it shoved down their throats were the same people who probably made up 90% of the audience. Besides, at "meh" that would make it easily the best of any of the WWE films movies.

Or they got burned out from the over the top shoving down the throat the WWE did every Monday. Beside the movie looking meh at best, the constant shoving just made it unlikable in every way.

I totally agree that the overpushing job WWE did on the TV shows has made me less inclined to even see this in the theater. And as far as the general public goes, there was nothing in the previews that gave the indication that this was worth going out to see either. I still have to beg the question that, even after a second mainstream motion picture, is John Cena that much of a household name to warrant the starpower? It seems like a similar premise of the Marine (bad guy terrorizes Cena and the people he cares for either dies or gets kidnapped, etc) on top of it. And it's pretty much a cookie cutter formula of an action movie. These days, movie storylines need to stand out more for people to take notice, if you ask me. The cliche shit has gotten far too cliche in WWE films land. I wish they would at least come up with some fun scripts that are greenlit.

The Marine didn't do well in the boxoffice but had really good DVD sales, maybe they're hoping the same for 12 Rounds.

I just love that after 9 weeks Taken is still in the top 10.

Looks like The Watchmen is going to underperform when it's all said and done, but I loved it

who got burned out from the shoving down the throat?

Soccer fans.

"12 rounds" was promoted like hell in all soccer games, English and Spanish telecasts.

It was fun seeing Mexican and British guys having no idea how to pronounce Cena.

I always get burned out by the advertising for WWE films during their shows. My initial reaction to the previews for See No Evil, The Marine, and The Condemned were all "looks like a cheesy good time, maybe I'll go see it in theaters for the novelty aspect" but then after three months of it, my attitude turned to "forget it."

I did end up liking The Condemned when I finally saw it earlier this year, and 12 Rounds looks decent enough, so I'll just Netflix it.

I'd like to know how much profit some movies have been through rental/retail along with the cinema gross. I'd wager The Condemned made more in the former, it seemed that way for our company at least.

Monsters vs. Aliens making 58 million isn't a big shock but 23 million for Haunting in Connecticut? Anyone else think that is a surprisingly good number for what looks like a typical cheesy horror flick? But then who could stay away from a flick when it has Elias Koteas?

Yeah, considering the movie has been in production hell for what seems like forever (I could swear I remember seeing previews for it like a year ago) and they can't even make the *trailer* look interesting, I was shocked to see it make any money at all.

In my heart of hearts, Elias Koteas will always be Casey Jones!

to me he'll always be the guy that kinda looks like Chris Keller

To me he will also be Casey Jones. Though, I find it hard to get the image out of my head, of that ackward makeout scene he had with James Spader in Crash.

For those concerned about the box office for 12 Rounds, I wouldn't worry too much about it. A friend of mine who used to be a manager at a Movie Gallery said he always had a hard time keeping WWE films in stock once they hit DVD, with See No Evil being by far the most-rented out of the ones available when he left.

I remember watching the discovery channel version of Haunting in Connecticut years ago, and enjoying it since it was half documentary/half dramatization. Movie looks bad from the trailers though.