TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jingus

The "We Watch Shitty Old WCW Shows" Club

Right-O. So there was this thing that was called King Kamala's Tape of the Month Club. And it was cool. Except it was never really one tape per month, and it never actually involved a physical tape. But it was cool, dammit! We mostly watched nauseatingly terrible WCW shows via online streaming video and bitched and moaned about it in the chat room in real time. I think we watched a grand total of three shows, but its legendary legacy will live on forever.

Well, SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS, it's back. How often it's gonna happen or on what day of the week or how long it'll last this time and other pertinent questions like that? NO CLUE! That's part of the point of this here introductory thread. Who wants in, and what's the best time to do it? Previous experimentation found that Wednesday evenings tended to be the most commonly free time, but it could turn out different next time.

Here our valiant founder King Kamala Classic describes, in his own words, our next video:

We are so watching Uncensored 2000! Sting/Luger in a lumberjack where all the lumberjacks are guys who got their arms broken by Luger! Sid/Jarrett! The immortal pairing of Norman Smiley and The Demon. Booker T and Ahmed Johnson fighting over the letter "T"! Dustin Rhodes beating up a dude in a chicken suit! YAPPIPI STRAP MATCH! YAPIPPI! And Fit Finlay manages to drag a half decent match out of Vampiro but we're not highlighting the decent stuff when you have YAPPIPI to talk about.

We'll be watching this courtesy of Youku, which is kinda like Youtube except that it's loaded with full-length copywrighted material and is apparently hosted by the Asian mafia. (And I'm warning you right now, plan ahead, because sometimes these streams take god-damned forever to load.)

We'll laugh, we'll cry, we'll vow to piss on Kevin Sullivan's grave.

I'm more than happy to do this. Give me an excuse to watch some old wcw.

Time dependant I would like to join. Can I make a suggestion?

I watch live streaming wrestling here... Justin tv. It's usually very reliable and for streaming not terribly slow. Plus it has live chat and watch video at the same time. Basically is combines a live MSN style chat room with the streaming video. Best of all it's in English. The only thing is it doesn't host the videos, somebody needs actually stream it from their PC.

youku.com is chinese by the way so if anybody needs a translation of anything.

Damn Jingus, you weren't kidding about these videos taking forever to load. I've gotten about 6 minutes streamed so far, and I've been sitting here for a little over an hour. Reminds me of being on dialup.

Sitting through that opening video was a chore. I think this was during the time I said fuck it in regards to WCW. I really have no recollection of Luger breaking people's arms.

Wednesday will probably work. How are we doing this? Chatroom? Live thread? I think the live thread might be a better idea...also, people who happen to watch the show earlier or later than us can chip in their two cents.

You aren't lying Jingus. This motherfucker is slow as hell. I might have to start loading now for Wednesday!

We mostly used the chat before, since it was quicker. But to preserve our suffering for posterity, I'm down for a thread instead. (Just don't be surprised if we spawn some 30-page monstrosity entirely made up of one-sentence posts.)

If Wednesday won't work for some people, suggest another time. We'll use whichever one that fits the most people's schedules.

I watch live streaming wrestling here... Justin tv. It's usually very reliable and for streaming not terribly slow. Plus it has live chat and watch video at the same time. Basically is combines a live MSN style chat room with the streaming video. Best of all it's in English. The only thing is it doesn't host the videos, somebody needs actually stream it from their PC.

Thanks for the advice, but I think that something like Youku would still be easier. (As long as, like we've been saying, everyone loads it in advance. This thing can be "Roseanne Barr trying to walk up a steep hill during a hurricane" slow.)

I've wondered what country it was from. I knew it probably wasn't Japan, since there would be a lot more English (or at least Engrish) on the site if that was the case.

Thanks for the advice, but I think that something like Youku would still be easier. (As long as, like we've been saying, everyone loads it in advance. This thing can be "Roseanne Barr trying to walk up a steep hill during a hurricane" slow.)

I've wondered what country it was from. I knew it probably wasn't Japan, since there would be a lot more English (or at least Engrish) on the site if that was the case.

No it's for sure not Japanese. Mandarin Chinese is what it is. So if anybody needs help on what to 'click' or where to 'click' let me know.

Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not sure if that Youku site will work. It's hella slow.

An old episode of Thunder would be badass to do. Some suggestions from the site Timmy linked; August 19th, 1999 edition with not one, not two but three matches ending in disqualification as a result of Sid running in, an appearance by Coach Buzz Stern, Lenny Lane winning the WCW Cruiserweight title, and The Barbarian cutting a promo!

Another suggestion; The May 31st, 1999 edition of Nitro from The Astro Dome featuring a David Flair Vs Erik Watts epic, Kevin Nash dumping sewage in Randy Savage's limo, edgy babyface Eric Bischoff on commentary, and an early appearance by Tank Abbott in the main event! Or The April 26th edition of Nitro with Flair in the mental asylum with Scott Hall and the WCW World title changing twice in one episode.

Any of these options along with probably many others would be fine with me.

Also, at least a few of the videos only play with Firefox. I don't use that shit, so try to pick something that I can actually watch. Thanks, have a nice day.

I would be down, but I can't do Wednesdays either.

Recently 24/7 had a showing of BATB 2000 and in honor of that epic PPV my brother and I busted out that Holy Trinity of 2000 and watched them: GAB 2000, BATB 2000, and New Blood Rising. NBR is a show that is truly as horrendous as its reputation.

Uncensored 2000 is a show I actually do have on tape. I wanted to just go to a sports bar for it, but the place stopped getting WCW shows (ha!). So I had to actually get that PPV.

Narrowed it down to five choices;

3/8/99 Nitro: The infamous show where the entire first hour is comprised of bizarre backstage segments, interviews, and several appearances by former Headbangers Ball host Rikki Rachtman. Matches include; an oddly intriguing sounding Goldberg Vs Ric Flair main event, Bret Hart Vs Van Hammer, and Raven Vs Hak Vs Bam Bam Bigelow. Note, there are five matches on this show and this is in the three hour Nitro era!

4/26/99 Nitro: Flair hangs out in a mental asylum with Scott Hall and Asya. The World title changes hands twice in one night. Matches include; Sting Vs Diamond Dallas Page, Sting Vs Diamond Dallas Page Vs Kevin Nash Vs Goldberg, Randy Savage Vs Scott Steiner (let's hope there's a promo showdown before hand), Bam Bam Bigelow Vs Mikey Whipwreck Vs Hak Vs Brian Knobbs, Rey Mysterio Jr Vs Psychosis

5/20/99 Thunder: Randy Savage goes over virtually every mid card babyface on the roster at the time. David Flair battles Barry Horowitz. Matches include; Randy Savage Vs Buff Bagwell, Raven and Saturn Vs The nWo B-Team, Billy Kidman Vs Juventeud Guerrera, and Rick Steiner Vs Scott Putski

5/31/99 Nitro: Kevin Nash dumps sewage in Randy Savage's limo as edgy babyface commentator, Eric Bischoff cheers on. DJ Ran and the Filthy Animals don't like Curt Hennig hating on hip hop and an early appearance by Tank Abbott. Matches include; Sting Vs Rick Steiner in a steel cage match, David Flair Vs Erik Watts, Perry Saturn and Kanyon Vs Diamond Dallas Page and Bam Bam Bigelow.

8/19/99 Thunder: Not one not two but three matches end in disqualification as a result of Sid running in and beating the shit out of the participants. Lenny Lane wins the WCW Cruiserweight title, The Barbarian cuts a promo and we get a rare appearance by Coach Buzz Stern. Matches include; Perry Saturn Vs Rick Steiner, Lenny Lane Vs Rey Mysterio Jr, and Harlem Heat Vs The nWo B-Team.

The Sting vs. DDP match is actually really good. The crowd goes fuckin ballistic for the finish, and Sting has the biggest smile on his face.

I'd vote for 5/20/99 Thunder: Randy Savage goes over virtually every mid card babyface on the roster at the time. David Flair battles Barry Horowitz. Matches include; Randy Savage Vs Buff Bagwell, Raven and Saturn Vs The nWo B-Team, Billy Kidman Vs Juventeud Guerrera, and Rick Steiner Vs Scott Putski, though.

You get David Flair stumbling through a match with Barry fuckin' Horowitz...

Raven and Saturn, who I always dug as a team, against some nWo jobbers...

Kid man vs Juvi: hopefully we get a Juvi-juice promo and Kidman botching the SSP to get his only pop of the night...

Rick vs. Putski: poor Ivan Putski, I'm sure Steiner murders the dude...

And the Savage thing has me really intrigued...Not the Bagwell match, really, the 'going over virtually every mid-card babyface' thing...

And with Savage's DVD coming out soon, and all the talk about that, plus the Savage thread in this folder going on, it sounds right to celebrate a night featuring THE MADNESS~!

I'd like to see that 4/26/99 Nitro. That was probably the last match in WCW I truly enjoyed from DDP and Sting.