TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie

President Fujimori sentenced to 25 years of prison.

Former President of Peru, Alberto Fujimori (1990 - 2000) was sentenced to 25 years of prison. Fujimori is widely known in Peru for his war on the terrorism of the Maoist Sendero Luminoso insurgents who terrorized his country for most of the 80's. He was accused of human rights violations during his persecution of the terrorists and was found guilty yesterday.

I'm only giving a small summary of the whole story but to everyone out there who knows about the case what is your opinion on this? does Fujimori deserve this or do you agree with Barry Goldwater's words on extremism and moderation?

Former President of Peru, Alberto Fujimori (1990 - 2000) was sentenced to 25 years of prison. Fujimori is widely known in Peru for his war on the terrorism of the Maoist Sendero Luminoso insurgents who terrorized his country for most of the 80's. He was accused of human rights violations during his persecution of the terrorists and was found guilty yesterday.

I'm only giving a small summary of the whole story but to everyone out there who knows about the case what is your opinion on this? does Fujimori deserve this or do you agree with Barry Goldwater's words on extremism and moderation?

I don't really know so much about Alberto, nor about Peru to really have an opinion. Just what I read in the papers, and saw on TV during the trial. Judging by what I do know though he deserves it.