1 Sharks

8 Ducks

2 Red Wings

7 Blue Jackets

3 Canucks

6 Blues

4 Blackhawks

5 Flames

Hey now steal one is a little overboard. That's gonna be more competitive than people would like to admit, definitely not your everyday 7-2 match. The Rangers coming out of that series wouldn't suprise me at all, a collection of talented guys could find a groove that get's them hot enough to get through a series or two.

After game 1, I expect Theodore to be on a very short leash. Even going back to his Montreal days, Theodore has never had the consistency to make himself a threat in the playoffs. Sure, the guy can catch for for a week or 2 and steal a round in the playoffs, but he quickly comes back to earth and becomes an average to below average goalie again for another while.

Very competitive game, and I wished I could have watched it. Got stuck with Philly-Pittsburgh, which got less exciting as the periods passed. Vancouver-St. Louis was pretty good, though. That'll be a good series to watch.

Detroit vs. Columbus, Game 1

The Good

- Osgood, obviously. He was very good, and not just because of the defense in front of him. He made some key big saves and really made a statement tonight. His stickhandling was great as well, and he was a real good help out there.

- The effort. This was a full game effort, and it's very reassuring after watching a lackluster season. Even when they got that lead, they were fighting for pucks and putting shots on the net. They were dangerous all night, despite the score.

- The scoring. 3rd and 4th line scoring is a great thing to have. They might be able to slow the first two lines, but the young talent came through in a big way.

- Physicality. I think they really set the tone when it came to big hits and fighting for things. You had everyone throwing hits, and they weren't frightened when Columbus tried to respond.

The Bad

- Defensive lapses. Thank God this is only Columbus, and not Chicago or San Jose, who have a lot more talent upfront. Osgood was able to save 'em a few times, but they need to tighten things up like last year.

- Bad penalties. You can blame the refs for a penalty or two, but this needs to change now. Columbus has the worst power play in the league, so it'll only get harder from here. The Kill was very, very good, but that first period can't be repeated against another team, or they'll almost certainly be digging themselves out of a two-goal hole.

Overall

Again, a very reassuring win. This game against Columbus didn't feel like the 1st game against Nashville last year, in which the Wings really felt like they got a bit lucky for the win. They looked a lot more dominant and confident in their game. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum and get through this series quick.

2 OT Games tonight. This is why the Stanley Cup PLayoffs is the best post season of any sport. It's a shame that the NHL stinks in terms of marketing and that the PLayoff games are limited for people who have cable. Carolina evens up the series with a OT win against the Devils and the Penguins take a 2-0 lead against the Flyers. The Flyers are kicking themselves in the ass for blowing Home Ice Advantage in the last two games of the regular season against the Rangers.

True, but they can still come back in Philly. I fully expect them to go 2-2 in that series. Philly is slowly getting better, and being at home will only help things.

In other news, where the hell did this "Young Guns" line on the Blues come from? They are really looking nice.

So, they haven't given any clue of who is starting in net tonight for the Habs, but unless they get their shit together then this shipwreck of a season is all but done.

On a side note, unless they can make a decent playoff run then my playoff beard won't be a beard as much as the week and a half I just never bothered to shave.

Well, with the Habs losing again tonight they are all but done. I didn't see the point of keeping my damn beard for another 2 days so I shaved the damn thing off tonight. Jesus, I don't know of those guys can go the 6-8 weeks of the playoffs without shaving....my face was itching like hell after a week.

Anyways, back to the series. I really don't understand what the hell the Habs are doing in this series. Trying to beat up a team that is bigger than you is not a smart move. It's even worse when you team is known for playing a quick, skill full game. Also, goaltending, once again is the big difference in the series. Thomas is making the big saves to keep it close when his team need it, and Price always seems to give up a goal whenever Boston gets the momentum. Not saying that all of the goals Price is giving up are bad goals, he just can't seem to make that unbelievable save to keep his team in it.

Penguins take a 3-1 lead, Canucks move onto the second round as they swept the Blues. I am sure Bob Barron is beyond estatic. Carolina evens things up with the Devils and the Sharks have a 3-2 lead in the 2nd period of game 3 against the Ducks.

Caps force a game 6 at MSG by winning game 4-0. The Rangers looked horrible in every aspect. The game started off badly with the Caps scoring a shorthanded goal within 5 minutes of the start. It set the tone for the whole entire game.

Well that fucking sucked. Being able to rub the devils game in my friends face should be nice, but it's just not the same when your team blows a 3-1 lead. That's gonna be some demoralized shit talk.

I heard that the Devils played the Rangers goal scoring song when Federov scored. Karma is a cunt sometimes.

That was a really good game between Detroit and Anaheim. I enjoyed it about as much as I could enjoy a game between two teams I hate. The Ducks won (in triple overtime!) which is never cause for celebration, but I do hope that this series goes to 7 games of quality playoff hockey. I want whoever the winner may be to come out o this series tired and beaten down so that they fall to Chicago or Vancouver in the conference finals. I don't mind the Canucks or Blackhawks, but I sure as hell don't want to see the Ducks or Wings in the Cup Finals.

That was a really good game between Detroit and Anaheim. I enjoyed it about as much as I could enjoy a game between two teams I hate. The Ducks won (in triple overtime!) which is never cause for celebration, but I do hope that this series goes to 7 games of quality playoff hockey. I want whoever the winner may be to come out o this series tired and beaten down so that they fall to Chicago or Vancouver in the conference finals. I don't mind the Canucks or Blackhawks, but I sure as hell don't want to see the Ducks or Wings in the Cup Finals.

Haha, I was saying the exact same thing to my wife recently!

The only team left in the East that I don't particularly like is Carolina - the Bruins should make quick work of them though.

Both AO and Crosby got hat tricks in that game. The Caps may be up 2-0, but both games were by one goal - if Malkin & co can just step it up a bit, then the Pens have a very good chance to catch up...

Update

Canucks are tied 2-2 with Chicago

Detroit 2-2 with the Ducks

Penguins even up the series 2-2 with the Caps

Canes take a 3-1 lead over the Bruins. I read Bruins fans on other message boards were happy to get the Canes. Be careful for what you wish for.