TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

NBA Offseason chatter

Ben Gordon had 42 points, but no assists. And where was the Celtics bench (9 points?!) Chicago should keep playing this style, well, and have Ben Gordon distribute the ball more, and they can win this series.

They had two decent guys making up for the lack of Garnett and now there down to one, Chicago doesn't exactly have any overwhelming inside presence but if Gordon is dropping floaters like he was last night for the rest of the series, they'll have a problem.

I couldn't hear that irrelevant post about Rhianna over the noise of the Jazz not sweeping the Lakers.

They had two decent guys making up for the lack of Garnett and now there down to one, Chicago doesn't exactly have any overwhelming inside presence but if Gordon is dropping floaters like he was last night for the rest of the series, they'll have a problem.

I couldn't hear that irrelevant post about Rhianna over the noise of the Jazz not sweeping the Lakers.

The post about Rihanna was just some levity in what has become a heated thread. And it is basketball-related, so it is hardly irrelevant. The Jazz can still win four straight, as they may be getting Okur back tonight.

Yup and my car can run on farts if I dream hard enough.

I'd like to see that on youtube. I'm not wagering anything, but I'd like to see it.

Hey, the Jazz cut it to 3 in the second half tonight! LA better watch out... At this rate, the Jazz might have a lead at some point in the second half next game.

I didn't think Billups would be that much of a factor, he's carrying the scoring and completely frustrating Paul. I knew he'd help them in the playoffs but not this much. If he keeps it up this series is over.

I expected the Heat to come back strong, but they really aren't a playoff team unless Wade's lighting it up. How long can he go and with what kind of consistency?

Game 3's start tonight Lakers v Jazz in Utah, Spurs v Mavs, and Celts v Bulls lets see how much home court advantage means for the 3 home teams.

I see Celts winning can't see Gordon or Rose comming up big again even tho Chi town will be rockin

Mavs on the other hand I think will rise to the emotion of the home court fans and go up 2-1 on the Spurs

and by now most should know I'm a Laker fan and even tho Utah is really good at home and I do think they will be up at some point in this game I still see the Lakers pulling it out in the 4th quarter.

Unless the fighting Turk Okur is comming back to be the savior of Utah so they can win 4 straight, is he Karc is he comming back tonight to save Utah and your hopes?

I picture him returning in the second half of the game, when they're down by twenty, coming down from the rafters, shooting projectiles from his bare hands at both Bynum and Gasol, killing them, then leading Utah on a 65-0 run giving them the game by 45. After that Kobe Bryant will forfeit the series on behalf of his team.

Nice job by the Lakers blowing a 13-point lead late and losing. And Byrant almost did forfeit the series with that silly three (and missing 19 shots) at the end of regulation when they just got a dunk into Gasol in the previous play, and had 2.2 seconds left. He is not Andre Iguodala.

They may not need Okur now. Lakers have blown a big lead late in every game this series. The Jazz limited Bynum to seven minutes when he got five fouls. And for the second time, they crushed the Lakers on the boards (30 each in Game 2, but Jazz outrebounded them by 15 tonight). The Jazz are not scared of this team.

And Ben Gordon should file a complaint with the league for leaking out the fact that he was a rookie when they gave him the Rookie of the Year award. Because Boston probably don't beat the tar out of him otherwise (ok, so maybe they would have anyway). That was just painful to watch.

Hey look who's back for some reason after the Jazz actually win. Where were you after the game 2 loss again?

They won by two in an ugly game, and now they may not even need the one guy who was gonna be the reason they sweep the Lakers? Please tell me how that doesn't qualify as bat-shit crazy? The Lakers haven't blown big leads in all three games, BECAUSE THEY WON TWO OF THEM. Blowing a lead happens when you lose. Trying to pull meaning out of an ugly two point win is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, right ahead of Jazz over Lakers in 4.

The Jazz are totally gonna win the next three games provided Kobe continues to shoot around 20%, Gasol's FT percentage stays at 40, and everyone besides Lamar Odom decides to play like complete shit. It can happen.

Well, the dream of winning four straight is over for the Jazz, but they can still take the next three if Okur gets back in th... Oh, wait.

The only real question left is if Karc will post in this thread again.

Magic evened up the series 2-2 agains the Sixers. Sixers were 10 points down with 5 minutes to go and made it a 3 point game. So far most of these series have been pretty good. Cavs swept the Pistons but that was expected. The Iverson/Billups trade changed around each franchise. One for the better and the other for the worst.

The sad thing about that trade from the Piston point of view is that if they had kept Billups they probably could have been 6 or 7 in the east and would have stood a decent chance against either Boston or Orlando the way they have been playing in the playoffs. If they squeeked by either of those teams they would have had a realistic chance of extending their Eastern Confrence finals streak to 7

I never understood that trade and Detroit really should be kicking themselves. In what world is Iverson as valuable as Billups? Definitely not the world of anyone trying to make and be successful in the playoffs.

The Magic/Sixers series is way closer than I would of thought. Not exactly pretty basketball but damn competitive.

Ya Magic/Sixers is a pretty close one, too bad Magic is havn't a hard time hitting their threes and the Sixers are shooting a higher % than in the regular season.

Lakers/Jazz tonight in LA look for Lakers to close this one out tonight in front of the home fans

Also Denver/New Orleans in game 4 I see NO evening up the series with some down south home cookin and Miami/Atlanta in Miami, D Wade will score big but since he can't do it himself all the time I see Atlanta going up 3-1

Atlanta will have a hard time going up 3-1 when they're already down 2-1.

If you mean the Heat will probably go up 3-1, I agree. The Hawks looked horribly unprepared and unmotivated in the last game.

ya my bad John wake and bake I sware lol I had the standings wrong but I still think ATL will tie it up tonight D Wade can't do it all by himself and Moon won't be playing that takes a lot of 3 point threat away from Miami tonight