TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

NBA Offseason chatter

Doc Rivers is stating that Kevin Garnett is going to miss the playoffs due to his bad knee.

1. Cleveland v. 8. Detroit

4. Atlanta v. 5. Miami

3. Orlando v. 6. Philadelphia

2. Boston v. 7. Chicago

1. Los Angeles v. 8. Utah

4. Houston v. 5. Portland

3. San Antonio v. 6. Dallas

2. Denver v. 7. New Orleans

So if you don't have cable, you only see two games out of eight opening round games the first weekend. And it looks like that is going to be the pattern until the conference finals, which won't be on at all. Fuck the NBA and ABC.

Crabs in 5.

Atlanta-Miami doesn't matter.

Orlando in 6.

Boston in 7 (no KG, but the Bulls will beat themselves).

Jazz in 4 (not changing my stance from March, but the Jazz are more likely to do it than Dallas was).

Portland in 6.

Spurs in 6.

Hornets in 5.

^You are bat-shit crazy. Did Kobe rape you or something?

Cavs in 4

Miami in 7

Orlando in 4

Boston in 6

Cavs over miami in 5

Orlando over Boston in 6

Cavs over Orlando in 6

LA in 4

Portland in 6

San Antonio in 6

Hornet in 6

LA over Portland in 5

Hornets over San Antonio in 6

LA/Hornets toss up in 6

Cavs over LA in 7/Hornets in 5

It's all starting to make sense....

Karc is the white girl who worked at the hotel. I knew it.

Calling a black man a white girl is a very dangerous play...

Settle down, you two.

Cleveland in 5.

Atlanta in 7.

Orlando in 4.

Boston in 6.

Lakers in 5.

Portland in 5.

San Antonio in 6.

New Orleans in 6.

A black man acting like a stupid white girl is a very hilarious play. My brother is 9 and even he can tell you suggesting the Laker's are getting swept in the first round is just stupid, or the result of having a rape-based grudge against Kobe.

Again, just be careful who you call white. I do not have grudge against Kobe Bryant, I think the Jazz are much more physical team that can easily score in the paint and have a far superior point guard. With the exception of Odom, the Lakers' bench is useless and will get crushed.

Ok white man I'll keep that in mind. And even if that silly statement about bench play was near factual, would it matter if the Lakers starters are out-scoring Utah's starter's by 40? I'm not sure if you noticed white man, but understanding basketball has nothing to do with skin color.

The Jazz aren't "much" more anything than the Lakers, and if they sweep, I'll post a video of me deep-throating my dog's cock on youtube for everyone to enjoy.

A black man acting like a stupid white girl is a very hilarious play. My brother is 9 and even he can tell you suggesting the Laker's are getting swept in the first round is just stupid, or the result of having a rape-based grudge against Kobe.

Again, just be careful who you call white. I do not have grudge against Kobe Bryant, I think the Jazz are much more physical team that can easily score in the paint and have a far superior point guard. With the exception of Odom, the Lakers' bench is useless and will get crushed.

Pretending that you're a serious poster for a minute, did you even watch the season finale? The Lakers had nothing to play for, Kobe was in foul trouble, and the Jazz weren't in foul trouble on the road. LA still won by double digits. Maybe the 3-pt-loving center Mehmet Okur and CJ Watson coming back will give the Jazz enough physical play in the paint to make the difference, though...

There should be a banning or forced username change if your prediction doesn't come through.

There should be a banning or forced username change if your prediction doesn't come through.

A name change could be arranged, if someone else wants to take the bet. Any takers?

Okay. Is there any consolation for the Lakers actually losing in the first round, or no? I have two names in mind for partial losses and complete losses, but I'm just wondering if that's how you want it.

Sounds fine. Jazz lose in 6, I change his name to "White Boy Karc", Jazz lose in 5, I'll change his name to "Kobe Bryant's White Friend", and if they get swept, I'll put up consideration for a temporary ban of some sort. With the odds as they are, sound fair?

Sounds fine. Jazz lose in 6, I change his name to "White Boy Karc", Jazz lose in 5, I'll change his name to "Kobe Bryant's White Friend", and if they get swept, I'll put up consideration for a temporary ban of some sort. With the odds as they are, sound fair?

I did not agree to this in any way, shape, or form. Wagering on a game is never a good idea, especially when it involves changing a username to something the user finds racially insulting.

From reports, Ainge's heart attack happened before Doc Rivers shelved Garnett. So it's just another fail on ESPN, which occurs two to three times daily anyway.

Amazing, though, that a basketball player who played at the elite level for 15 years gets a heart attack at 50. I hope it was only stress-related, because anything short of a freak genetic issue is just sad.

So you can say stupid shit, you just can't back any of it up with anything? Not logic and now apparently not balls. Fair enough.

I've given my reasons as to why I think the Lakers will be eliminated in the first round in previous NBA weekly threads. But I'll recap a few here.

One of the big reasons is that they give three-point shooters all day to take shots. When they only hit 15 percent of them (like Houston in their four losses), then the Lakers don't really have to play defense to beat them. But they also allowed Orlando to make 12 a piece in both of their games, which they lost. Then there was the dumb play by Ariza which gave Philly a road win on a buzzer-beater three when the Lakers were up by two. A good three-point shooting team (Boston, Cleveland, and Portland are in the top five) can get hot and smoke them, because the Lakers will not defend the three off dribble penetration. They allowed 1700 three-point attempts during the regular season, which is third-WORST in the league.

Lakers blow leads. And huge leads, too. This is largely due to the suckitude of the bench. They can get a twenty-point lead on a team, and the opponent will not be scared at all. Up 24 in Game 4 of the Finals on Boston in a must-win game. How'd did that go? They've done it at least 10 times in the regular season. This is a bad bench combined with no defense. And if they get behind, they are not coming back to win. How are they going to beat the Jazz in Salt Lake City, or the Blazers in Portland, or even Denver on the road? 1-4 against those teams during the regular season, and only the Jazz loss was close.

Those are the ones that I distinctly remember off the top of my head, I'll add more later.

You weigh there losses WAY more than there wins. That's why no one can take you seriously. Your taking examples of there faults that have been displayed in losses, and yet won't acknowledge anything positive on a team that just won 65 games.

You don't win 65 games in the NBA without being able to win a game against an 8 seed. If Utah was that much better than the Lakers, they'd have the record to prove it.

Ya no way Lakers are losing in 4 and i'd be suprised if they lost at all. Every team has their flaws but I think the Lakers are the most complete team out their right now and dispite what you think I believe the bench will come thru more than you will have guessed. I think you underestimate some of their shooters who at one time or another all got to see significant time because of injurys thru the season.

You weigh there losses WAY more than there wins. That's why no one can take you seriously. Your taking examples of there faults that have been displayed in losses, and yet won't acknowledge anything positive on a team that just won 65 games.

You don't win 65 games in the NBA without being able to win a game against an 8 seed. If Utah was that much better than the Lakers, they'd have the record to prove it.

The two things I've mentioned have happened in pretty much EVERY game they've played. They give up an average of 100 points per game, which is bad news against a good defense (like in the playoffs). It's just that bad teams don't take advantage, and good teams have and will.

Charlotte is not even in the playoffs, and they beat the Lakers twice. The record doesn't really mean a whole lot in the regular season. But trends in every game do. I've mentioned two. Yes, when they lose, it's usually because of those things. But in games they've won by a few points, it's also because they have blown a lead. In other words, there is a blueprint to beat the Lakers, and a team with a good coach (like Larry Brown) or a good big man that can take away the rebounds for second-chance shots (like Dwight Howard) can take them out on any given night.

And I'm not just hating on the Lakers. The Cavs are a worse example to me, because I actually do think that the league is trying to manipulate them into the Finals. Why is Lebron James getting an average of less than 2 fouls per game? I don't even think he's fouled out of a game this season? And he hasn't been called for traveling on his stubid crab dribble since Mike Brown got fined for ripping the refs about it. While I don't think the Lakers can get out of the first round, I will root out loud for someone to eliminate Cleveland.

Then how did they win 65 games!? They only played good teams 17 times? Do you understand math at all?

If those problems were actually problems and not just the only small thing a desperate man making ridiculous claims could find, they wouldn't have won 65 games. No team that's as bad as you are saying the Laker's are win 65 games. That just doesn't happen.

Like i said every team has shown weakness during the year, hell the Cavs lost to the Wizards by over 10 late in the season. While they give up over 100 pts they are also one of the highest scoring teams as well. The only team in the West i can see giving the Lakers problems is the Blazers who for some reason play the Lakers really tough espcially in Portland, if those two teams played in the second round I could see it going to 7 with the Lakers winning game 7 in L.A. I can't see any other team going past 6 games with the Lakers in the West.

Then how did they win 65 games!? They only played good teams 17 times? Do you understand math at all?

About as much as watching a 67-15 Dallas team in 2007 get blitzed by Golden State in the first round, mostly because of a coach that knew the blueprint defensively to beat them and followed it to near-perfection.

And I am not the one who is being desperate enough to wager name changes and bans without the consent of the opposing party. All you've shown me is the record. I've watched the games. Have you? What did you see to make you think that they are going to go deep in the postseason. Just trying to have a discussion here.

Like i said every team has shown weakness during the year, hell the Cavs lost to the Wizards by over 10 late in the season. While they give up over 100 pts they are also one of the highest scoring teams as well. The only team in the West i can see giving the Lakers problems is the Blazers who for some reason play the Lakers really tough espcially in Portland, if those two teams played in the second round I could see it going to 7 with the Lakers winning game 7 in L.A. I can't see any other team going past 6 games with the Lakers in the West.

If the Wizards are healthy, and Flip Saunders actually smacked some sense into Arenas so that he actually passes the ball, then I would have the Wizards beating the Cavs in the first round next season, no matter the seed. The problem with that team is they are a bunch of blowhards who only care about beating Cleveland, and no one else. Going 14-68 or whatever is not going to get you into the playoffs.

About as much as watching a 67-15 Dallas team in 2007 get blitzed by Golden State in the first round, mostly because of a coach that knew the blueprint defensively to beat them and followed it to near-perfection.

And I am not the one who is being desperate enough to wager name changes and bans without the consent of the opposing party. All you've shown me is the record. I've watched the games. Have you? What did you see to make you think that they are going to go deep in the postseason. Just trying to have a discussion here.

That's a miserable example. The Warriors had beaten the Mavs every time they had played. The Jazz lost the season series against the Lakers, including a game that meant something to the Jazz and was meaningless to the Lakers. It's not comparable in the slightest.

And I don't think he's desperate, he's just trying to get you to put your money where your mouth is. You've been talking a big game, but not willing to put a fucking user name on the line? Take a look at stipulations and see how they compare to each other. You've done little to nothing to actually justify your position, and you've continually ignored the arguments against it. You seem like the fool, not him.

If the Wizards are healthy, and Flip Saunders actually smacked some sense into Arenas so that he actually passes the ball, then I would have the Wizards beating the Cavs in the first round next season, no matter the seed. The problem with that team is they are a bunch of blowhards who only care about beating Cleveland, and no one else. Going 14-68 or whatever is not going to get you into the playoffs.

Flip Saunders being able to slap sense into anyone is unrealistic. And you would have the Wizards beating the Cavs in the first round, no matter the seed? They haven't beaten Cleveland teams that were carried by LeBron alone, how do they expect to beat the guy when he has a truly good supporting cast?