TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zhangmeijie

Could I be more wrong with these predictions?

So I was cleaning up some old files, saving what I want to keep to disks and deleting the rest and I came across a prediction thread I had wrote, and I assume posted somewhere, although can't remember where maybe three years ago. It's intresting how my predictions turned out, I thought it might make for a good laugh how wrong I was in some cases. So here is the original post with updated comments.

Original post:

Quote:Taking a look at who will be sitting at the top of the WWE pile by/at Wrestlemania 25.

It’s still a long way away mind as that particular event won’t be until March 2008. but here’s my views on who will still be around then., and more important getting a push.

First let’s take a look at the big guns on.

The current SD Champ Dave Batista. Will he still be main eventing in 2008, yes I believe he will. Will he be a title contender or champion probably not. I can’s see Dave succeeding as a champ in his current character & with his current abilities therefore I don’t see another title reign in his future. Mind you Dave has the kind of look WWE loves so he could be a multiple champion.

The Raw Champ John Cena. Vince will still be pushing him. Half the world will still hate him and the other half will love him. Likely as not he will go into the event as a top contender if not a champ.

HHH. Bar H3 & Steph’s marriage having difficulties I see no reason why H3 won’t still be around & dominating Raw in 2008. He will also be a strong contender for main eventing WM 24 possibly as a champ. Expect at least 1 more Title runs in the mean time.

Chris Jericho. Jericho has said more than once that he wants to retire young for good & concentrate on his music & I know he is living his dream but I think he will play some part in wm 25 no doubt.

Chris Benoit. Benoit will still be doing what he is doing now, putting stars over & main eventing with out actually winning much in the way of titles, I don’t see a second World title run other than a caretaker run before he retires.

Kane. Can WWE drag much more out of the Kane character? There’s not a whole lot more they can do with this character that wouldn’t be repetitive. I can see major changes to the Kane character & possibly even a name change (to his real name?) before WM 25.

Undertaker: See Kane. Again what more can they do with this character?

Shelton Benjamin. He will no doubt be a champion by wm 25 & probably a successful one as well, Shelton will play a big part in the future of WWE. Now some here may not agree with that but I can see it happening.

The Divas. First Lita, barring a career ending injury she will be doing something. (which the way she wrestles will be likely) Mickie will still be around & will be a woman’s champ or top contender. The same goes for Lilian, Melina & probably Maria who I think will stick around. Victoria & Torrie may not be there though. Torrie doesn’t do much so WWE may let her go in one of it’s cost cutting moves or she may request a leave. Victoria will likely suffer the same fate in fact she may be released when the divas of this years diva search contest are hired. (Much like Nidia & Gail were a few years back.) As for the rest of them, who cares.

Randy Orton. Will still be around & could be a two or more time champ by then. Orton is destined to have a great wrestling career.

Edge. Like Orton he has a bright future in WWE, he will be a multiple champ.

As for the Rest. Ric Flair will likely have an office job or will finally have retired. Shawn Michaels will be there still doing the living legend routine. People like Cade and Murdoch, Val Venis & some of the Cruisers who are not used that much are likely to be cut at some stage or other to make way for new signings.

Snitsky & Chris Masters I don’t see sticking around too long even Vince can see (I hope anyway) that there is little he can do with the likes of these Two. I can See Daviri around but probably with a gimmick alteration. (Maybe even a face turn after all fans accepted Sgt Slaughter as a face even after his pro Iraq heel turn.) Hopefully Khali will be history. Umaga will have got about as far as he can with that gimmick in so many months, he may not even last that long without some major changes. Nitro, Mercury and the Hardy’s will all be upper midcarders if they are still around. ECW will I think last the distance and it’s major stars will be CM Punk, Kevin Thorn and the usual old school ECW guys. (Dreamer, RVD, Sandman.)

As for non WWE talent being on Raw & being there at WM 25.

AJ Styles will likely be hired & just as likely be misused by then so he may be on the card.

Hulk Hogan will probably be there doing something as Will Steve Austin.

Now obviously this is not a complets list of everybody in WWE, it’s really only a list of stars I am interested in. (For good and bad resons.)

Oh and Carlito will be A world champion before WM 24.

Original post ends.

Let's deal with the last comment first. Carlito a world champion? I don't smoke pot but anybody reading that would assume I must have being.

The current SD Champ Dave Batista. Will he still be main eventing in 2008, yes I believe he will. Will he be a title contender or champion probably not. I can’s see Dave succeeding as a champ in his current character & with his current abilities therefore I don’t see another title reign in his future. Mind you Dave has the kind of look WWE loves so he could be a multiple champion.

Well I was right about him still main eventing. Couldn't be more wrong about him going into 2009 as a champion or challenger mind. As he was Injured

The Raw Champ John Cena. Vince will still be pushing him. Half the world will still hate him and the other half will love him. Likely as not he will go into the event as a top contender if not a champ.

I was right here.

HHH. Bar H3 & Steph’s marriage having difficulties I see no reason why H3 won’t still be around & dominating Raw in 2008. He will also be a strong contender for main eventing WM 24 possibly as a champ. Expect at least 1 more Title runs in the mean time.

He got one more title reign but it only lasted half an hour, or so. Then the longer reign he has now. He is dominating but seems to have toned down the jobbing out people. I do expect him to ME forever

Chris Jericho. Jericho has said more than once that he wants to retire young for good & concentrate on his music & I know he is living his dream but I think he will play some part in wm 25 no doubt.

I knew he would be back in time for WM 25. He was back well in time

Chris Benoit. Benoit will still be doing what he is doing now, putting stars over & main eventing with out actually winning much in the way of titles, I don’t see a second World title run other than a caretaker run before he retires.

Yes we all know what happened here.

Kane. Can WWE drag much more out of the Kane character? There’s not a whole lot more they can do with this character that wouldn’t be repetitive. I can see major changes to the Kane character & possibly even a name change (to his real name?) before WM 24.

They never did anything with him, no changes. He is still repitive.

Undertaker: See Kane. Again what more can they do with this character?

They can put him in the World title picture and make him look as good as he has ever. I was wrong to assume Taker had nothing left. His stunning match with HBK proved me wrong.

Shelton Benjamin. He will no doubt be a champion by wm 24 & probably a successful one as well, Shelton will play a big part in the future of WWE. Now some here may not agree with that but I can see it happening.

Some may not agree with that, indeed, and that some includes me. Shelton had his chance and it ain't coming again any time soon.

The Divas. First Lita, barring a career ending injury she will be doing something. (which the way she wrestles will be likely.) Mickie will still be around & will be a woman’s champ or top contender. The same goes for Lilian, Melina & probably Maria who I think will stick around. Victoria & Torrie may not be there though. Torrie doesn’t do much so WWE may let her go in one of it’s cost cutting moves or she may request a leave. Victoria will likely suffer the same fate in fact she may be released when the divas of this years diva search contest are hired. (Much like Nidia & Gail were a few years back.) As for the rest of them, who cares.

Well Lita did retire, just not from an injury. Mickie is still around and is a top contender. Lilian, Melina and Maria all doing the same thing as predicted. Torrie is where? Victoria managed to avoid the cuts, but retired. I still don't care about the rest of them, Beth aside who at least tries.

Randy Orton. Will still be around & could be a two or more time champ by then. Orton is destined to have a great wrestling career.

Yep was champ again since and is having a great career, let's hope he doesn't screw it up again.

Edge. Like Orton he has a bright future in WWE, he will be a multiple champ.

Strange I didn't have much to say about the great Edge. Anyway he has had the titles I assumed he would.

As for the Rest. Ric Flair will likely have an office job or will finally have retired. Shawn Michaels will be there still doing the living legend routine. People like Cade and Murdoch, Val Venis & some of the Cruisers who are not used that much are likely to be cut at some stage or other to make way for new signings.

Ric Flair have an ofice job or retired? I was right who would have thought it. HBK is still doing the living legend rotuine. Cade and Murdoch finally got over and then DID get cut. Venis and most of the cruisers got cut also

Snitsky & Chris Masters are history long ago.

Well Masters is gone, eventually but not because of his ring work. Snitsky was still being pushed sadly for longer, not now as he is gone.

I can See Daviri around but probably with a gimmick alteration. (Maybe even a face turn after all fans accepted Sgt Slaughter as a face even after his pro Iraq heel turn.) Hopefully Khali will be history.

Khali is not history and even won a world title, Davairi um is he even still employeed (by TNA)?

Umaga will have got about as far as he can with that gimmick in so many months, he may not even last that long without some major changes. Nitro, Mercury and the Hardy’s will all be upper midcarders if they are still around. ECW will I think last the distance and it’s major stars will be CM Punk, Kevin Thorn and the usual old school ECW guys. (Dreamer, RVD, Sandman.)

Was I ever wrong about Umaga, he still hasn't grown stale thanks to his superb work. Mercury is gone and Nitro is Morrison but other than that They are still doing the same thing. ECW will just about last the distance and will almost get cancelled I should have said. Punk aside my predictions about who would be main eventing were askew.

As for non WWE talent being on Raw & being there at WM 25.

AJ Styles will likely be hired & just as likely be misused by then so he may be on the card.

Nope TNA hung on to AJ

Hulk Hogan will probably be there doing something as Will Steve Austin.

Austin Did, Not Hogan.

A few hits and misses like pretty much anyone's predictions. As for the some of big misses, everyone has a few Bold and crazy predictions when looking into the future. This is the WWE and pretty much anything can happen, so there really aren't many bad predictions.

A few hits and misses like pretty much anyone's predictions. As for the some of big misses, everyone has a few Bold and crazy predictions when looking into the future. This is the WWE and pretty much anything can happen, so there really aren't many bad predictions.

Well I would say that is an accurate statement, but Still I was a bit off base.