TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

MLB April 19-25

I hope the homer thing is overblown and will settle down. Nice win last night, today's game starts in 15 mins, it' Brett Anderson vs CC Sabathia, Yanks need to win this one with that matchup.

It's really depressing to see your team tied at 7-7 when they're out-hitting the opponent 15-6. Bases loaded, no outs, and by the end of it no runs. Craptastic.

You can thank Melky for that one. Pitcher is struggling to throw strikes and Melky is swinging away and expanding the strike zone 3 feet. I want to like Melky and think that he is the next Bernie. When he has at bats like that it just makes me wish he would DFA. Girardi has to take some of the blame for leaving CC in so long. He should have taken him out after the 6th. He should have taken him out after the A's got a runner on base, he should have taken him out after the A's had two runners on base, he should have taken him out after the A's made it 7-6.

Yeah that's excusable for 2 seasons tops, but someone needs to tell him he has an option to not swing. I wasn't paying attention to CC's pitch count but he shouldn't be out there for the 6th. I don't exactly have more confidence in Phil Coke, but he'd given up 4-5 earned and 7 hits, and wasn't blowing anyone away. No reason he shouldn't pack it in at that point gratefully and hope for something better next time out.

You tip your cap and move on. Then you go into the corner and get over the feeling of being kicked in the balls. Yankees blowing the bases loaded with no outs and failing to score a run in the 8th or 9th came back to haunt them. The only positives that I can take from the game is that the Yankees should have won the game with their # 5 pitcher and a ton of injuries (Nady, Arod) against a full strength Boston team and their #2 starter.