TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

Saturday Night Live

I am going to review Saturday Night Live for now on since Bob Barron is no longer a member. Here is my official review.

The show sucks, it is not funny and needs to be cancelled.

The show has sucked since 1995 frankly.

While the show is not anywhere near as good as it was in periods in the early days and early 90s, I think it has potential to get better these days. I think right now has the best cast and stuff that the show has probably had in the past decade. The early 2000s it got very unwatchable, now it can be hit or miss. There are somethings that have potential too, which I don't know how to change. I know I was watching the Seth Rogen show a couple weeks back and there was one sketch which was a great concept, but then after the concept, they just didn't know where to go with it. I was talking to some of my friends that said the same thing. I really like some of the people on the show, but out of the past four additions two of the four cast additions seem good (Elliot, Wilson) and the other two (Moynihan and Watkins) kind of make you wonder how they got on.

My review was just a joke/parody of how Bob Barron used to review each show. I am trying to bring back some normalcy to the site since 90 percent of the posters decided to take their ball and go home.

Oh, no worries. I understand why a lot of people don't have faith in the show anymore. I was just throwing in my opinion to try to spark up some discussion.

The show is horrible, and yet the internet has been abuzz with how hillarious Andy Samburg's digital shorts, Weekend Update, and the run of Sarah Palin skits have been this year.

For a show that hasn't been funny since (fill in favorite year here), it sure seems to keep churning out stars and memorable characters.

Hell, they did a best of Amy Poehler show last night, an actress who was constantly derided for most of her years on the show, and it was great.

Do I think the show consistently comes up with enough funny material to fill a 90 minute episode every single week? No. However, it is rare that a episode completely lacks anything amusing.

Yeah they seem to have a clunker right after something that works. The Rogen skit with the "Summer Lovers" song was an example of something that's only gonna be funny to a room full of stoned writers. They really need to look back at the history of the show and figure out the things that worked and the things that didn't. For 30-40 years the one thing that never seems to work is televised inside jokes. Just because it was funny to the people who write the show, doesn't mean it's gonna be funny to the people watching.

Samberg's good but he's like a Dana Carvey without Meyers/Spade/Sandler/Farley. They just don't have the talent up and down and the chemistry that the old casts always seemed to have.

Well the digital short, the mascot skit, and the Barry Gibb talk show made SNL for me this week. Everything else was weak, including Weekend Update.