TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Use Your Illusion

X-Men Animated Series DVD Release...

So two volumes were released today in the States, having to wait a few more weeks before Australia gets them.

Did anyone pick them up? Any word on extras or how it looks overall? This definitely has to be one of the more anticipated cartoon superhero DVD releases, I'm looking forward to finally owning some of them on DVD.

I was really hoping these would be released "Season style" as opposed to random episodes spread over 4 discs. Disc 1 of Volume 1 looks to be in airing order, but after that it looks like the discs kind of skip around. I'm disappointed about the lack of the 4-part time-traveling Apocalypse epic, and the (IMO) POWERFUL episode where Wolverine finds religion. I'll probably still pick these up, though. This was a great show way back, and I still catch it from time to time on Disney XD.

I have a feeling that, if these sell well, the season box sets will not be far behind. In saying that, I don't want these to fade into obscurity that I don't get the chance to have at least some episodes on DVD. I'll pay double, Marvel!

I was really hoping these would be released "Season style" as opposed to random episodes spread over 4 discs. Disc 1 of Volume 1 looks to be in airing order, but after that it looks like the discs kind of skip around. I'm disappointed about the lack of the 4-part time-traveling Apocalypse epic, and the (IMO) POWERFUL episode where Wolverine finds religion. I'll probably still pick these up, though. This was a great show way back, and I still catch it from time to time on Disney XD.

Maybe they are in production order?

I want to know when the next volumes will be released. Despite being on the cover of Vol. 2, those discs DO NOT have the Dark Phoenix Saga, just the regular Phoenix Saga.

The whole thing only lasted 5 episodes, didn't it?

I remember really liking it until the cop-out ending.

The regular Phoenix saga was the deal with the M'Kran crystal. The Dark Phoenix saga was... well, the Dark Phoenix Saga. Possibly the most faithful adaption the show did to the comics' storyline. Also- fun fact- the cartoon's Dark Phoenix saga ended almost exactly how the comic storyline was going to end, until the editor stepped in and said that Jean Grey must die.