TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
YourKock'sReallyGreat

UFC 2009

I just downloaded the demo and woooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. This is one greaty looking game that has some serious gameplay thrown in. I was barely interested in it but after playing the demo this is going to be a must buy.

Easy is far too easy. You can get a KO in a minute.

Well, KOs can come at any time regardless of difficulty. I KO'd Shogun in 5 seconds flat on Advanced. 1 head kick.

I downloaded the demo, went through the tutorial and it took me 5-6 fights to have a lucky KO on Rua at the end of the second round. The game looks great but it takes some time to get used to the controls. Rua just killed me whenver the fight was taken to the ground. It's hard to have a good defense against the strikes and trying to get the opponent off you at the same time.

I haven't read a lot about the game but I'll probably pick it up if it has good reviews.

Ya almost everyone is in the game Andrei Arlovski, Mirko Crocop, Mark Bocek(fav for some around here), Kazuhiro Nakamura, Tito Ortiz ect.

Just about everyone who has been around the UFC fighting on main cards or fight nights will be in this except for new fighters who have made a name for themselves like Jon Jones for example or Jon Finch because he wouldn't sign the likeness rights over

What difficulty level were you playing on? I am sure the game is going to get 8.5 and above for reviews. The graphics are top notch and the gameplay is deep.

I played on Medium. I have played again a few times and tried to keep the fight standing, I'm probably 50-50 on winning/losing fights. Just like real life, trying to fight on the ground with Liddell rather than standing up is not a good idea. It just sucks there only 2 fighters in the demo and you can't do a fight with similar styles.

On the subject of "who isn't there?", the biggest name missing is Randy Couture since the game was made during the lawsuit. There will probably be DLC since he's just too big of a name to completely exclude him from the roster. Evan Tanner is in.

Rumor going around is that Randy will be a hidden unlockable character and that there will be 7 others including Royce and the Tap Out Guys

-all just rumor ofcourse

Rumor going around is that Randy will be a hidden unlockable character and that there will be 7 others including Royce and the Tap Out Guys

-all just rumor ofcourse

Well how hard would it have been to put official guys in the game. I know that contracts have to be signed. But it shouldn't take that long to create a couple of people.

New video detailing the fighter creation/career mode. Remember to click the HD button.:

I guess GameFAQs was right about having to retire your CAF before taking him online. Too bad. And the CAFs look like shit compared to the beautiful (can I say that when talking about a digitized version of a half naked man?) real UFC fighters, as was expected. Otherwise, I'm hyped. I decided to preorder at Gamestop sinceI like Ryan Bader a lot.

Classic Fights Listing and a little time with Rampage

AGOURA HILLS, Calif. - UFC light heavyweight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was in peak form in the moments before his Friday afternoon bout with UFC champion Chuck Liddell.

"I'm going to whoop his ass," Jackson said of Liddell. "Same thing I did to him the first time. ... When the time comes, I'm going to break the ice. You feel me? That's what I do. I'm the ice-breaker."

Of course, this time "Rampage" wasn't at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Jackson was at THQ's headquarters for the final preview event for "UFC 2009 Undisputed." But that didn't mean the former UFC champ was any less focused.

Jackson was there to show off the game's "Classic Fights" feature. "UFC 2009 Undisputed" producer Neven Dravinski explained the play mode.

"We allow you to pick 12 fights that have happened in UFC history, and we do a lot of extra presentation on it," Dravinski said. "We have Rachelle Leah, who was one of the previous octagon girls of the UFC, introduce each fight. ... Not only will we be introducing it with Rachelle, but we have the actual pre-fight montage from the UFC broadcast as part of the presentation.

"It's just a little cool extra something to leverage our stuff that we get from the UFC and kind of just give you an insight into the past and creation of these characters."

Jackson was at THQ to relive his UFC 71 main-event bout with Liddell, the night "Rampage" claimed the UFC's light-heavyweight title.

Jackson was immediately impressed with his character model. Mostly.

"I look ripped," Jackson said. "I'm all fat as hell right now, but look at that boy. He's sexy. Except for that fat-ass jaw. I look like a black-ass chipmunk."

Jackson immediately devalued his own virtual build when the screen turned to Liddell's introduction.

"Ya'll gave Chuck a six-pack?" Jackson asked Dravinski. "Ya'll are generous around here. Chuck looks good as hell. He hadn't looked like that since he was 15 (years old)."

Once the action got underway, Jackson lived up to his end of the bargain. Just as in the original May 2007 contest, Liddell met the canvas in the opening frame. Jackson did little to hide his enthusiasm for the repeat performance.

"Where your mouthpiece at?" Jackson yelled at the screen. "Where your mouthpiece at?"

Once the thrill of victory had waned, Jackson said he was happy with the final look and feel of the soon-to-be-released game.

"I knew [THQ] was going to do a good job," Jackson said. "I'm very pleased with this game.

"I'm going to play with myself all the time, now. I mean, uh, I'm going to play with my character."

The UFC and PRIDE veteran did have one significant complaint about his character that he believes THQ may have gotten wrong.

"[The game] did me justice, but [THQ] didn't give me no head kicks because they said I ain't never kicked nobody in the head in a fight," Jackson said. "But they don't come to my practice. Why don't they come to my practice and see I kick folks in the head – little short people.

"If they'll get on their knees, I'll kick them in the head."

Jackson, who considers himself an avid gamer, said he looks forward to "playing with himself" online. While "Rampage" admitted he still needs to reconnect his Xbox 360 after a recent move, the former light heavyweight champ said he'll be available for matchups via an Xbox Live Gamertag of "RampagexUFCx."

Is it in the game?

Further demonstrations of "UFC 2009 Undisputed" by the THQ staff showed that three different familiar faces will be seen as in-game referees. Herb Dean, Steve Mazzagatti and Mario Yamasaki will take turns managing the action.

That's Mazzagatti with-the-mustache, by the way.

"It's very important to note it's Mazzagatti with-the-mustache," Dravinski said.

One iconic figure of the UFC will not make an appearance in "UFC 2009 Undisputed" – longtime MMA referee and former UFC employee "Big" John McCarthy.

Dravinski told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the decision was made through cooperation with the UFC to exclude McCarthy from the final product.

"It's kind of a UFC thing," Dravinski said. "We went to them. We basically scanned as many people as we could, and then we made the decision with them, 'Who are we going to feature in this year's game?'

"'Big' John hadn't been working for [the UFC] recently, so we decided not to go with him."

McCarthy last officiated a UFC bout in December of 2007.

The final number of playable characters in "UFC 2009 Undisputed" has also been a hot topic with gamers and fans waiting for the May 19 release of the heavily anticipated game.

Published advertisements for an upcoming strategy guide produced independently by BradyGames have advertised "complete stats, bios, and strategic analysis" on "all 96 fighters." THQ insisted the final game will have 82 playable fighters, and three bonus playable "UFC-oriented personalities" with the previously reported inclusion of "Mask," "Punkass" and "Skyscrape" from the TapouT crew.

The "UFC 2009 Undisputed" producer insisted he had no idea where BradyGames came up with the idea that 96 characters would be available for gameplay.

"I saw that (advertisement), too," Dravinski said. "I don't know what that's all about. That might be including the (THQ created, lower-tier) guys we had in career mode. They might have double-counted the guys that can switch weight classes. I don't know."

Additional previously published reports credited UFC President Dana White with promising MMA pioneer Royce Gracie as a character in the game. Dravinski deemed that to also be incorrect.

"[White] was incorrect in that assessment," Dravinski said.

"UFC Undisputed 2009" will be released May 19 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

"UFC Undisputed 2009" Classic Fights

TUF 1 Finale: Stephan Bonnar vs. Forrest Griffin

UFN 6: Karo Parisyan vs. Diego Sanchez

UFC 66: Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz II

UFC 71: Chuck Liddell vs. Quinton "Rampage" Jackson

UFC 76: Forrest Griffin vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

UFC 77: Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin II

UFC 79: Chuck Liddell vs. Wanderlei Silva

UFC 79: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Hughes III

UFC 80: B.J. Penn vs. Joe Stevenson

UFC 82: Anderson Silva vs. Dan Henderson

UFC 83: Matt Serra vs. Georges St. Pierre

UFC 84: B.J. Penn vs. Sean Sherk

I wasn't able to go to a midnight launch, and now I have to wait till 6 Pacific/9 Eastern to pick up my game. You guys are lucky.

But I did finally go to a decision in the demo on Expert the other night. I'm 18-8 on Expert, I believe.

One really cool thing is, at least when you're in the Xbox Live lobbies, it displays your win/loss record. I saw a friend's record displayed earlier (on my friend list; won't have the game for a couple hours) as he browsed the lobbies

First online impressions :

- 0-3....WHO'S NEXT?!?

- Two of my fights were really laggy. A little lag is expected but I'm talking "PC game on the highest settings when you have a Intel Integrated graphic card" kind of lag. Has this happened to anyone else?

- So far, two of my opponents were really depending on "LB+" attacks like the Superman Punch or the Cro Cop high kick.

I don't have much trouble against the CPU. The only thing I need to work on is the submission system....how fast do I need to spin the freaking analog to get a tap out?

Did anybody pick it up today? Ign gave it a 7.5 and fanboys are crying. I am waiting to get it in the mail from Amazon.

IGN seemed to have too many technical problems. Gametrailers and GamePro gave it high scores...I'm going to go play now.