TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nitro 24/7

WWE General Discussion - May 2009

So McMahon should accept second-class status? There have been many instances where playoffs had to be a hight later because of a previously scheduled event in the arena. Also teams are told to keep their arena schedules cleared for play-off time.

You accept being bumped and that's the wwe accepting that they are not in the same league as the NBA - Thank you sir, may I have another.

So Raw should accept getting bumped and tape the show on Sunday and not air live because the Denver owner screwed up? How is this move a shot at the fans? House shows and SD! tapings usually happen close to Raw for production and travel purposes.

Yes, Vince should have accepted the offer to tape Raw on Sunday from Pepsi Arena. Clearly. They have taped Raw on Sundays before (in fact I even went to one here in Minneapolis, the one that inadvertently became the Eddie Guererro tribute show) and being "live" versus on a one day tape delay really isn't affecting anyone in the big scheme of things, in fact it's probably a bit cheaper for the company to do so. And it's a shot at the fans because people who got tickets to the Denver show (and now also Loveland and Colorado Springs) don't get to check out the shows since they have all been rescheduled or now cancelled, in this case. If they would have just done the Raw taping on Sunday, all of the fans who purchased tickets to Raw in Denver would have been able to have the chance to still see it, and really, all it would have costed the company was to eliminate the Loveland house show for Sunday (or just move it to Monday instead) and an extra night of staying in and around the Colorado area for the workers.

NOBODY is to blame for the Colorado fans getting a raw deal (no pun intended) besides Kroenke and the idiots he employs.

OMG it's so exciting!!!

You're missing MY point completely, he's screwing over the people who bought tickets to any of those Colorado shows.

Kroenke screwed over the people who bought tickets to any of those Colorado shows. Had he not double-booked his Arena, NONE of this would have happened. Period.

So McMahon should accept second-class status? There have been many instances where playoffs had to be a hight later because of a previously scheduled event in the arena. Also teams are told to keep their arena schedules cleared for play-off time.

You accept being bumped and that's the wwe accepting that they are not in the same league as the NBA - Thank you sir, may I have another.

Being bumped to have to tape the show a freaking day earlier from the same arena is not "accepting they are not in the same league at the NBA", it's more Vince's pride of "how dare they" and then as such, any sort of negotiations are pointless when there are attitudes like that. True businessmen can still work through personal grudges, etc. I'm not disputing that Kroenke fucked up, but two wrongs don't make a right. All I'm saying is that Vince and the company as a whole were, initially, the ones who were getting fucked over, but then the way Vince handled it pretty much negated any sympathy. WWE still could have made this work for both them AND the fans to be still happy by just moving Raw to the night before (Sunday evening) as was presented to them as an alternative. But Vince refused. He's just as bad as the other side with an attitude like that, as he (not this Nuggets owner) fucked over the Colorado fans at that point by refusing the offer, and THEN going ahead and cancelling TWO OTHER shows in Colorado that didn't need to be cancelled or switched whatsoever.

I would be in 100 percent agreement with you that this Denver owner screwed everyone over by the double booking of the arena, but the only thing that really was the mistake was that he should have prepared WWE in advance more of the potential of this happening with the Nuggets in the playoffs. But they have every right to have the Nuggets play that evening, mostly because the guy who owns the arena also owns the damn team. So it's really hard to argue with that one logically other than he should have warned WWE about the potential situation much sooner. But this guy cannot be blamed for the levels of ridiculousness this has taken from there. And the WWE didn't have to cancel Colorado Springs, nor even have to really leave the Pepsi Center at all. He just would have had to tape Raw on Sunday night, and not ONE SINGLE person who got a ticket to that show originally would have to miss it.

With that said, it still doesn't excuse the aftermath of this, which has just essentially turned into Vince trying to use this bad PR that makes the company looks like the real assholes here by moving to Los Angeles just to "stick it" to this guy and his basketball team. Anyone find it a bit ridiculous that they are in LA and want to COMPETE with a Lakers playoff game? Think about the hypocrisy about that when you really think about it. He wants people to tune into Raw to lure them away from the Lakers game and go to Raw live instead of staying home and watching their home team play the Nuggets, yet praise the Lakers at the same time and do the show in their home arena. It doesn't really make that much sense when you think of it logically.

RedJed just doesnt get it.

He still doesnt get it.

What don't I get? Enlighten me with your grandure of Vince McMahon.

And I wasn't expecting Vince to take the high road, far from it, this is the norm with him. I'm just saying it makes him look just as bad as the other guy. Thats my point.

He still doesnt get it.

What don't I get? Enlighten me with your grandure of Vince McMahon.

And I wasn't expecting Vince to take the high road, far from it, this is the norm with him. I'm just saying it makes him look just as bad as the other guy. Thats my point.

Bad in whos eyes though? Everyone is kissing Vince's ass over this and Kroenke is the one looking like the bad guy.

Like I said in my last long winded post. Vince loves this. It would have been to easy and non news worthy for them to say "ok we will take Sunday Night" Thats it. It would have been boring, nothing to really talk about. Vince lives for the spectacle, hes enjoying every second of this free positive publicity. Having the show in Denver, everyone would have gone back to not giving a shit about WWE. I mean they had a press conference today...for Raw..when the hell do they have a press conference for Raw? Shit even HHH magically returned at the press conference. This is a huge deal for them. No one had any idea this past weekend that main stream news/and sports would be talking about WWE everyday this week. He sees dollar signs in this, potential new fans, promote his product to even more people. Deep down hes probably glad the Kroenke did this because it has turned into a huge week for them.

Like I said, accepting Sunday Night in Denver would have been to boring and easy for Vince and then it would be back to another ho hum Raw show with no one really giving a shit. And the fact that the show is being moved to the Lakers house, like I said earlier, is gonna make it a real fun night. Plus Vince "getting kicked out" of Denver and being invited to LA....and him accepting LA instead of Sunday in Denver, makes WWE huge Babyfaces in the whole situation. The fans will probably be nuts on Monday. I expect a different Raw.

I will say this though. You have a good point about WWE expecting Lakers fans to go to Raw instead of watching the game, but theres a good chance that theres alot of WWE Fans in LA that are just casual Lakers fan and will attend RAW to cheer for both. Not everyone is both a diehard B Ball and WWE fan. I would think theres gonna be a different vibe to this show, perhaps keeping the fans up to date with the score or something like that. Also the Lakers in the Playoffs is not really new to LA, its not like the Milwaukee Bucks magically had this incredible season for the first time in 30 years and the entire city cant miss it. I think LA is used to the Lakers in the post season. Id like to see if the show sells out, especially on this short notice. That will be a great indication of how interested people in LA are for this show.

As far as the fans of Denver go, well basically Vince has tried to convince anyone that will listen inlcuding his WWE Universe faithful that Kroenke is an evil man who kicked them out of Monday Night and that it is all his fault. Vince looks like the ultimate babyface here because the media is kissing his ass over this , so most likely the WWE fans in Denver are gonna think Kroenke is an asshole and he caused Vince to bring the show to LA. Plus there gonna get there shows there again, they rescheduled them already I think, and if its another Monday Night, Im sure Vince will have some fun again over the whole situation.

Its gonna be a fun night. Something different at least. Only thing that worries me a bit is that it is Memorial Day, so Im not sure if thats gonna help or hurt the ratings for this show. I dont remember what numbers years past Memorial Day shows did.

We'll see how the crowd reacts. Cali tends to have deader crowds, but that's mostly when they have the show In Anaheim. The times I went to the Staples Center for WWE events, the crowd has been pretty good. There's a lot of old-school fans in the So-Cal area I can attest to that.

At first I was thinking HHH would be the 5th guy on Team Cena and theres a good chance he still might be. But if they wanted to really surprise us and add something extra to the show, maybe RVD will be the the 5th guy. He lives near LA and is known for making surprise WWE appearances.

He still doesnt get it.

Agreed... poor guy has the logic of a 3 year old with down syndrome.

I'm goin to just say this one time.......anymore insults and you're gone. This board is suffering enough and the farthest it needs is insults just because of a difference of opinion.

RedJed, did you not catch my thread about everybody putting him on ignore? It would work out, seriously. The only way I have to read his messages is when some st.. some poster quotes him.

:]

I never put anyone on ignore, there are just as many stupid people in real life and you can't put the real life people on ignore. Overall he doesn't hurt anyone he just name calls because he wants to feel better than others, hell most times if you challenge him he will just shut up because he's not much more than a one trick pony

Who would be for a Raw stable with Golddust, Hornswaggle and one or two other weirdos? They wouldn't do much in terms of challenge for Championships or anything like that just look out for each other and provide a little comic relief

Who would be for a Raw stable with Golddust, Hornswaggle and one or two other weirdos? They wouldn't do much in terms of challenge for Championships or anything like that just look out for each other and provide a little comic relief

Well there was a rumor that Festus was going to be paired with Hornswoggle at one point. But I'd pass on the possibility. Hornswoggle offers nothing without Finlay. Either pair him with the yet to debut Sheamus O'Shaunessey or better yet rehire Kizarny( :headbang:) , what's a carnival freak without a midget?

Goldust could be a solid midcard hand, I hate that he isn't seen as anything other than a novelty comedy act. Find him a new Marlena, have him be mysterious and quote movie lines. Make him the king of mindgames (after HHH of course).

He still doesnt get it.

I'm goin to just say this one time.......anymore insults and you're gone. This board is suffering enough and the farthest it needs is insults just because of a difference of opinion.

There is like five people that post here anymore. Banning him would be banning 20% of the active membership.

I once worked in a pub that was literally on its last legs. There was about 4 people who came in every day and one caused trouble. So I barred him.

Trust me, no matter how small the number, it's still worth it.

Please no more Oddity type groups

He still doesnt get it.

There is like five people that post here anymore. Banning him would be banning 20% of the active membership.

Ever think that maybe nobody bothers posting anymore is because of people like him? Moreless that attitude I mean. Same rules will apply no matter how many people post here anymore. He wouldn't be able to get away with it then and he won't now.

Please no more Oddity type groups

If they brought back the ICP entrance music...

I once worked in a pub that was literally on its last legs. There was about 4 people who came in every day and one caused trouble. So I barred him.

Trust me, no matter how small the number, it's still worth it.

Did the pub go out of business?

Anyway, I read Shawn Michaels doesn't want to come back until the end of this year, maybe early next year. That pretty much kills Raw for me. Say what you want personally about Shawn, but he is always a highlight of every show.

No it's still going, I left about two years ago and the smoking ban has really helped them out, they're now mostly a food pub.

Can't blame Michaels one bit for taking time off, he could phone it in at this stage of his career, but you always get a show from Michaels.

HBK needs to do something with his hair. He should cut it short in the very least. He's going to look like Hogan pretty soon. I wonder if his balding will cause him to retire more than anything else - can the HBK character have short/no hair.

He still doesnt get it.

That is usually the case with him.

Unless its defending TNA's shitty booking

He still doesnt get it.

Ever think that maybe nobody bothers posting anymore is because of people like him? Moreless that attitude I mean. Same rules will apply no matter how many people post here anymore. He wouldn't be able to get away with it then and he won't now.

Or people like you think because your a mod that it makes you exempt from being called a moron, even when you deserve it