TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

WWE Online announced

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/980/980237p1.html

In its quarterly earnings call with investors on Wednesday, THQ execs let slip that the company is working on a new title called WWE Online.

The game is being developed in Asia, but beyond that we know absolutely nothing. Will it be a cross-platform MMO? A free-to-play PC game? A web-based browser game? An immersive holographic virtual reality 3D experience? We said we don't know, so stop with all the questions already.

THQ's wrestling games are some of its core moneymakers, so it's no surprise that the publisher is working on ways to expand its market. Although the WWE games remain popular, net sales for the series were down 25 percent last quarter over the same period last year.

It sounds like it's for Asian markets only...so who really gives a shit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_SmackDown_vs._Raw_Online

The game is expected to be released in South Korea in 2010, followed by a release in other Asian countries.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6197935.html?...mp;subj=6197935

In late 2010, THQ is planning to launch WWE SmackDown! vs. RAW Online (working title) for Korean PC gamers, with a wider Asian release to follow. A THQ representative could not comment for GameSpot on any release for the game in other regions.

To help the game crack the Asian online PC market, THQ has enlisted Korean studio Vertigo Games to handle development of the title. The developer has previously produced the online fighting game Kwonho and the massively multiplayer military first-person shooter Black Shot.

Maybe I'm just imaginating thing, but is it possible that THQ will lose its WWE licence in 2009 or 2010? WWE sued them and THQ took the UFC licence to compensate for that lost. EA would most likely be the new developper for WWE games.

I think I've read that somewhere a few months ago....maybe I'm just making things up.

Maybe I'm just imaginating thing, but is it possible that THQ will lose its WWE licence in 2009 or 2010? WWE sued them and THQ took the UFC licence to compensate for that lost. EA would most likely be the new developper for WWE games.

I think I've read that somewhere a few months ago....maybe I'm just making things up.

The UFC game looks great. Based off of reviews I will purchase it first day if it lives up to the hype. Smackdown has been decent the last several games. The only problem is that it has become a roster update for most people. It really doesn't offer anything new. Plus the gimmick matches are still broken in terms of gameplay. Part of me wishes that THQ would just spend the year fixing the gameplay instead of trying to make graphics better than ever. EA might be a good change of pace if they treat a WWE game with high production values and great gameplay. THQ really dropped the ball on Legends of WrestleMania. It tanked in sales because THQ treated it like a budget title with a budget production cost and it turned away a ton of people (myself included). I honestly thought that the game could have been one of the top selling wrestling games ever.