TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Masked Heel

Impact 5/28/09

The big news coming out of Sacrifice and heading into "iMPACT!" is that "The Icon" Sting is the NEW Godfather of The Main Event Mafia! The question is, what will happen within the ranks of the MEM now that Sting is the new leader? How will Kurt Angle react to his demotion after getting pinned in the Pay-Per-View main event this past Sunday? Plus, what will happen next in the power struggle between TNA Founder Jeff Jarrett and still-TNA World Heavyweight Champion Mick Foley? Tune in and find out on Thursday night!

The other big news is that on Sunday night, TNA Mobile announced the following: "This Thursday at "iMPACT!" former TNA stars Raven and Shane Douglas return plus the debut of Lisa Marie Varon (formerly Victoria) on SpikeTV 9pmET." Certainly, huge news as TNA heads to Slammiversary!

TNA Management has informed TNAwrestling.com that qualifying matches for the King Of The Mountain main event at Slammiversary will begin this Thursday on "iMPACT!", with the TNA Superstars battling for a spot in the World Heavyweight Championship ladder match at the June Pay-Per-View!

Also on Thursday, the TNA X Division Championship will be on the line as Suicide defends the gold against The Amazing Red! Don't miss this high-flying battle between the mysterious masked Suicide and one of TNA's X Division pioneers and the former champion, The Amazing Red!

Still TNA Knockout Women's Champion Angelina Love is scheduled to defend the gold against Sojo Bolt

Also on the broadcast, Team 3D will present a check for $100,000 and a trophy to the winners of the Team 3D Tag Team Tournament....Beer Money, Inc!

Old ECW champs and Victoria will be showing up

Hopfully Red will win the X title

and what will be done about that wacky Mick Foley?

Watching the show live for once (since my DVR is pooping out) and so far, hmmmm....

The opener was fun, but too short, which is common with Impact.

I did like the Sting/MEM stuff, interested to see how they are going to go with all of this. My guess is that the group dissolves when Nash and Sting continue down this clear babyface path, Angle becomes more of a tweener, and Booker and Steiner stay heel. Taking the women out of the mix, I hope, would just mean they drop the feud with those two, but unfortunately we had to sit through a (at least a short but) brutal segment already with Jenna and Sharmell, so that means they are still going with it, and I'm betting somehow this leads to Nash/Booker. Someone should tell Jenna also that when someone is choking you, technically you shouldn't be able to shout at her to stop. Damn this Jenna must fuck good or something, because she is the biggest waste of time since Johnny Fairplay in this company, and is probably even worse than him.

Already a funny line from Don West during Deaner/Williams -"this is why you don't do crystal meth" Didn't know that was part of his gimmick? Whatever the case, it made me laugh in a bit of a what the fuck kind of way.

This whole storyline with the briefcase being up for grabs in a ladder match when Williams never won it in the first place..........I guess I get it a bit, in that they are trying to give the British guys heat by "cheating" LAX out of the briefcases, but it makes no sense to actually have a case they just stole from someone up in a match. At least they thought it out by using a "family death" to give reason why Homicide just isn't coming out to get back his case. Then again, it doesn't explain the last few weeks prior regarding that. Bad angle that is being booked a bit ridiculous to say the least.

Thought the Raven return was done pretty effectively if you ask me. There was even some reasoning there tying in the past Raven/Abyss feud from right before Raven left TNA.

Victoria's debut seemed to work, and also interesting that they actually called her Victoria. I thought they changed her name to Tara or something? The match preceding it, as well as the dumb "firing" of Kip James (does that mean he really IS done with TNA for good this time? I hope so) was a bit retarded though.

That was a great line by Joe to Styles during the Daniels/Styles interview that is foreshadowing potentially a turn - "I want to get back to where we started." Keep in mind where they "started" was essentially Joe feuding with Daniels and Styles simultaneously way back when Joe first came in. I don't know if thats what they were trying to tease there, but if so, nice twist on words there.

Geez TNA is worse then Raw.

Bubba Dudley is starting to look like One Man Gang.

What's making it so bad? I'm sorry, but Raw took bad to a whole new level this week, and I can usually call a spade a spade on that TNA isn't for everyone, but this has not been anywhere near offensively bad here tonight. If you're going to state that, you should at least back up what you mean. Just for the sole sake of adding some discussion here.

In fact, the Eric Young turn seemed to work to me, and I liked the fact that there wasn't a swerve (although I'm sure its on its way) in the Duds/Beer Money program here.

Bigtime WTF moment on two rappers that I have never heard of doing a new freestyle version of Styles theme music. Weird!

Complete shit, by the way, that Daniels v. Styles is probably only getting 5 minutes tops here. Feels like there has only been about 15-20 minutes of wrestling on this show, and that is probably the case sadly.

Very deflated ending to the show with Douglas showing up, just seemed to be kind of like huh? I dont get what the heat is supposed to be between Daniels and Douglas. Can't even remember if they feuded back in another time of TNA history.

Very sad that Daniels/Styles only got like 5 minutes of in-ring time as well, that match never went anywhere.

Feels like there has only been about 15-20 minutes of wrestling on this show, and that is probably the case sadly.

Well yeah that has alot to do with TNA being crap.

I can do a whole entire lengthy write up as to why I (as a fan of Pro Wrestling for over 25 years now) think TNA sucks and why it is mind numbing to try and watch. I havent posted the write up yet because the board participation here is sinking to new lows everyday so I figured whats the point of writing it if no one is gonna read it.

I tuned in tonight to see what Raven looks like....looks like shit by the way and to see how Victoria is looking...looking hot by the way.

Impact is truley mind numbing to watch. If your a fan of in ring pro wrestling...like actual pro wrestling ..it is very hard to watch Impact. Tonight was no exception just a bunch of stupid unfunny horribly executed skits. Its barely wrestling, its the most ridiculous form of piss poor comedy I have ever seen.

Raw isnt great but it is better if you ask me. TNA is just pathetic. I watch Smackdown and Classics on Demand and Im happy with that.

Very deflated ending to the show with Douglas showing up, just seemed to be kind of like huh? I dont get what the heat is supposed to be between Daniels and Douglas. Can't even remember if they feuded back in another time of TNA history.

Very sad that Daniels/Styles only got like 5 minutes of in-ring time as well, that match never went anywhere.

I read that Douglas is being brought in to do a program with Daniels, playing off of Daniels' story-line second chance with the company. Don't be surprised to see a promo with Douglas expressing his rage about never getting a second chance.

Feels like there has only been about 15-20 minutes of wrestling on this show, and that is probably the case sadly.

Well yeah that has alot to do with TNA being crap.

I can do a whole entire lengthy write up as to why I (as a fan of Pro Wrestling for over 25 years now) think TNA sucks and why it is mind numbing to try and watch. I havent posted the write up yet because the board participation here is sinking to new lows everyday so I figured whats the point of writing it if no one is gonna read it.

I tuned in tonight to see what Raven looks like....looks like shit by the way and to see how Victoria is looking...looking hot by the way.

Impact is truley mind numbing to watch. If your a fan of in ring pro wrestling...like actual pro wrestling ..it is very hard to watch Impact. Tonight was no exception just a bunch of stupid unfunny horribly executed skits. Its barely wrestling, its the most ridiculous form of piss poor comedy I have ever seen.

Raw isnt great but it is better if you ask me. TNA is just pathetic. I watch Smackdown and Classics on Demand and Im happy with that.

You could honestly, 100%, just replace the word "Impact" with "Raw" in your diatribe and it would work just as well.

Compared to 2003 and before, he doesn't look as good. Compared to how he's looked since 2006 he looks amazing. I'm glad to see his health is improving and he is getting in better physical shape.