TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Man in Blak

The Official SmartMarks Fantasy Football Thread

Guest The Man in Blak

Since I'm a little aversive to clicking through all of the messages on Yahoo's icky-icky messaging system, I thought it'd just be a good call to have a thread dedicated to the league here. Hopefully, we can grab a mod to pin this up.

Now, with that out of the way, can we get a general layout of the rules (roster size, team defense v. individual players) here as well?

Also, here's a look at the teams and the Smart Marks that are in command:

(or, the teams whose owners I know of)

Bellingham NO MA'AM -- MrRant (League Commissioner)

Fightin' Crackers -- hardyz1

Space Monkeys -- Converge241

Intercourse Boxheads -- JangoFett4Hire

Satanico's Minions -- El Satanico

nutcracker --

Fear the ~! -- the pinjockey

Poortucket Patriots -- cartman2092

The A Team --

Wraiths -- raptor

The Barely Knewyas -- alkeiper

Darkside Dominators -- DrTom

Lunatics R Us -- MarvinisaLunatic

Canadian Pride -- Jerome Drake

Metaluna Mutants -- Kingpk

BankersClub Allstars -- El Hijo Del Lunatic

Texano Rudos -- razazteca

Bama Roughnecks -- AlwaysPissedOff

The Men in Blak -- The Man in Blak

Power & Glory -- y2jailbait

Guest Kingpk

[ivan Drago]I will crush you all.[ivan Drago]

I'd like to know how the starting lineups would work (i.e. how many RBs/WRs we can play per week).

Guest cartman

Just so ya all know I'm the Poortucket Patriots!

...and I sure hope I get this problem with my comp solved before the damn draft cause I really wanna be in the live draft as opposed to getting screwed like I did in my draft today by not being able to access the draft page :angry:

Guest hardyz1

Yeah, not being there for the live draft sucks. Last year was the first time I played fantasy football. I wasn't able to be there for the live draft, and I ended up with Trent fucking Green as a starting QB. This was a league with 8 teams!

I finished a lowly 6th place. Hopefully I have learned from my mistakes.

Guest DrTom

I'm the Darkside Dominators, so fill that one in on your scorecards.

I'm guessing we'll be drafting reserves, too? With twenty teams, this is going to be an awfully shallow league. Every other league I've been in has been 12 or 14 teams, and those work very well. Oh well, it'll still be interesting to R0X0R all of you as I cruise to yet another fantasy sports championship. :P

Topic pinned, btw.

Guest MrRant

If you don't think you will be there for the draft or if there is any question about being there for the whole thing (or even if you plan on being there) PLEASE... PLEASE for the love of god do your draft rankings BEFORE the draft. Last year a few people that I played with got SCREWED.

As far as how many of a type of player.. here you go:

13 total players

2 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

2 WR/TE

1 WR/RB

1 Team Defense

1 K

Any questions? (If so.. fuck off. :P ).

Guest razazteca

as the coach of the Texano Rudos, I would like to express that I believe having 2 QB starters is a bad idea.

Guest MrRant
as the coach of the Texano Rudos, I would like to express that I believe having 2 QB starters is a bad idea.

The don't have to start. I have usually always drafted 2 with 1 has a backup. And if I remember correctly you can only have so many people on offense starting.

Guest razazteca

thats not how it work commish.

you have as your starting line up

2 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

2 WR/TE

1 WR/RB

1 Team Defense

1 K

thats 13 starters and not counting the bench

here is an example of what a drafted team looks like My lame team from another league

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I thought it was obvious who owned Lunatics R Us.

Its also quite obvious that there will need to be a lot of wheeling a dealing after the draft.

Hopefully everyone will be open to trades.

Guest MrRant

The NEW UPDATED List:

18 Total Players

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

2 WR/TE

1 WR/RB

1 Team Defense

1 K

Guest El Satanico

So it's 12 starters with 6 backups?

I tried to give my team a name that made it obvious as to who i am. But just to make sure everyone knows i'm Satanico's Minions.

Guest MrRant
So it's 12 starters with 6 backups?

I tried to give my team a name that made it obvious as to who i am. But just to make sure everyone knows i'm Satanico's Minions.

Correct grasshopper

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

I'm the Bama Roughnecks, and yes, I DID steal that from Starship Troopers and will flame myself accordingly.

Thank you.

Guest The Man in Blak
The NEW UPDATED List:

18 Total Players

1 QB

3 WR

2 RB

1 TE

2 WR/TE

1 WR/RB

1 Team Defense

1 K

Er, nobody's going to want to start two (or *gasp* three) tight ends in a fantasy football league - there's really no point in giving 'em the option.

How's about this:

1 QB

2 RB

2 WR

1 TE

1 Team Defense

1 K

3 RB/WR

This way, you get only ten offensive starters (which is a little more appropriate for a thinner league of twenty teams), three "swing-guys" to help assimilate in later picks/waiver wire signings into duty, and seven backups (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K).

Guest MrRant

I changed it... but suprisinly enough I had Ken Dilger and Tony Gonzalez and did pretty well LOL.

Guest The Man in Blak

That's totally amazing. In most fantasy football leagues, you'd be lucky to have one TE that was worth starting.

Of course, I know somebody who had Bubba Franks and Tony Gonzalez...and he picked up GONZALEZ from the waiver wire.

Guest Kingpk

No one gives it much thought when picking a TE, but that player can really be one of those "unsung heroes" for your team in close games.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
Of course, I know somebody who had Bubba Franks and Tony Gonzalez...and he picked up GONZALEZ from the waiver wire.

Anyone who puts Tony FUCKING Gonzalez on waivers deserve to be shot in the head.

What an idiot...

Guest The Man in Blak

It was one of those guys that really had no idea what he was doing and, after the first week of the season, decided he didn't like Tony Gonzalez and thought that the TE was totally worthless...so he dumped him. He pretty much went AWOL from the league after Week 3.

Guest MrRant

I hate those bastards... I mean.. check once a week... how hard is that? Its not like fantasy baseball or basketball where its almost daily.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Yeah well, if anyone puts anyone who can play on Waivers in this league, they won't be there for long. Im not even gonna bother drafting a TE until the late rounds, it just doesnt make sense. TE, K and DEF should always go middle to late rounds.

Guest MrRant

I'm gonna enjoy this draft... its gonna take research by everyone. 20 people is a lot for a league and makes the top really thin on who you can draft so chances are you are gonna only have 2 superstars tops on your team (barring trades) so you will have to know who will be solid at all positions for you.

Guest converge241

in the te discussion i picked up marcus pollard and bubba franks as free agents last year..how sweet is that?

Guest razazteca

I always pick Chad Lewis from the Eagles as my TE. This draft is going to take alot of planning, all I know is that after Marshall Faulk is picked its a free for all :)

Guest Kingpk

Is the draft order set yet, or do we have to wait until draft day?

EDIT: Never mind, went to the team page, random order, gotcha.

Guest MrRant

Lets start some football discussion since we only have 3 days left.

Who are you guys looking at as being sleepers in the draft?

I think Jeremy Stevens (TE) will suprise a few. He had off the field probs but everything I have seen of him in training camp has been great. The dude is as big or bigger than a lineback and he catches over the middle.

Darrell Jackson (WR) I believe will have another solid year but not to many people outside of Seattle know about him. Koren Robinson should have a really good year since his hamstring is fully healed now and he can fly and has size.

What about you guys?