TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Is There Anyway To Create Audio CD's...

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Yesterday, I got a 5 pack of blank CD's to record audio from my computer on. The promblem is that I don't have a CD Burner. All I have is a CD/DVD Rom Drive on my computer. I downloaded a bunch of CD Burning Software but they all say I need a CD Burner.

So my question is is there any software I can use to create CD's just using my DVD-Rom/CD-Rom drive? And if not, what is the best CD Burner to buy at a low price? The least expensive CD Burner?

Any help would be apperciated.

Thank You.

Guest Kingpk

Uh, how else are you going to put the data on a CD without using a burner, genius?

Shop around, do some research at zdnet.com or something.

And shorten your sig. Two of the pictures under your banner don't even work.

Guest razazteca

TDK burners are good, they come bundled with Nero software

Walmart had a clearance sale of the TDK X40 burners for about $80

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

These people are right!

There's no way around it, to burn CDs you NEED a CD Writer. Same as you can't record a video without a vidoe recorder, you can't write a CD without a CD writer.

Guest Chuck Woolery

My God, this has to be the funniest thing I've seen all day. Thanks, SKBF!

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

hmm.

This reminds me of the tech support call...

Guy:"Whenever I go to burn my mp3 CDs, the CD always melts.."

TS:"What kind of CD Burner do you have?"

Guy:"A Bic"

TS:"A Bic? Im don't think Im familiar with that brand.."

Guy:"You know, a bic lighter, like the kind some people use to light cigarettes with.."

Guest areacode212

This is so idiotic. I don't even feel like giving you any CD-R drive buying advice.

Eh....get a Lite-On drive. Many of the new TDK burners are manufactured by Lite-On, but you can't tell, other than from looking at the serial number on the outside of the box. If you have a Lite-On drive and CloneCD, you can make copies of virtually any copy-protected PC game. I have the 32/10/40 TDK drive, and between CloneCD and Nero, it's pretty sweet. Everything is copyable, and it has a very cool blue tray.

Go to the CD Freaks forum for more info, but do yourself a favor and don't bother asking whether or not it's possible to burn a CD without a burner, because they won't be as nice as we are.

Guest Cancer Marney

Y'know, SKBF, if your computer hadn't cost $10 it might've come with a CD burner...

Make more homes for the homeless... I would also eliminate Wallstreet cuz Captialism would be dead. Everything is at a reasonable price like DVD's cost $20.00 and computers $10.00. Everyone would get food as I would send food mobiles to give food to people sort of like the milkman but the food man

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Damn you marney, I was just about to play the ten dollar computer card.

Guest Kotzenjunge

He could use a REALLY SMALL pin and poke all the holes for the laser to hit the CD himself.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Cancer Marney
Damn you marney, I was just about to play the ten dollar computer card.

Tom made me do it. <g> I was too drunk last night to be that witty myself.

Guest Ravenbomb

here's how you copy a CD without using a burner

put the blank CD (has to be blank) and the CD you want to copy (can't be blank) so the bottoms are touching (artwork out). Put 4 magnets on each CD face. tap each magnet 5 or 6 times with a Pilot Precise V5 extra fine point rolling ball pen. Then put in the microwave for exactly 2 seconds (or you could cook a TV dinner, the Healthy Choice ones work best, and put the CDs and magnets and stuff in it for about 30 seconds). That should do it.

Guest DrTom

That's excellent advice, Ravenbomb. We do something very similar to that at work when all of our CD-burners suddenly stop working. There you go, SKBF: the microwave and a Pilot pen hold the key to your CD-burning future!

Guest Kotzenjunge

See, I have a similar problem, but I possess no Pilot pens. Will a Sharpie marker do?

I can't wait to burn my Captain Gullible album for someone, they said they'd pay me with magic beans!

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Ravenbomb

a sharpie will do, but it HAS to be green. and don't forget the magnets. Refridgerator magnets will work, but you have to take the decorative part off. Only the magnet part can be used.

I don't think Bic pens will work, but try it and see.

Guest JMTapes
put the blank CD (has to be blank) and the CD you want to copy (can't be blank) so the bottoms are touching (artwork out). Put 4 magnets on each CD face. tap each magnet 5 or 6 times with a Pilot Precise V5 extra fine point rolling ball pen. Then put in the microwave for exactly 2 seconds (or you could cook a TV dinner, the Healthy Choice ones work best, and put the CDs and magnets and stuff in it for about 30 seconds). That should do it.

I was almost in tears from the thread itself, but this put me right over the edge. Thanks man. Hey guys, keep 'em coming, this is fun. :) -JM

www.jmtapes.com

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I found another way, just put the cd in your mouth, and gnaw on it while singing your favorite songs. No pens, no magnets, no microwaves. You've got to be a pretty good singer, though, and remembering all those lyrics is pretty hard.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yeah, but AoO needs to remember that not all of us listen to CDs with words on them. Us Technophiles have a hard time getting every layer of the music at the same time with a CD in our mouths.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Sandman9000

I personally throw my CD's into a toaster.

One CD in one slot, the blank one in the other slot, couple of minutes, and a hot new burnt CD. Goes great with cream cheese.

Guest evenflowDDT
I can't wait to burn my Captain Gullible album for someone, they said they'd pay me with magic beans!

I've never heard of Captain Gullible... what genre are they and what are some of their songs?

OMG, MUSIC DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF THE MUSIC FOLDER~!

Edit: OMG, I'M AN IDIOT~!

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Yeah, I can see how techno could be difficult.

The best way to burn a techno cd is to douse it in gas and light a match. Then run around it in circles, wiggling your arms like you've got parkinsons, and go "Beep beep bo beep tickatickaticka boom boom zap zow..."

Metal CDs require a drill, some iron filings, and a virgin lass or two, dressed in black leather. The rest of it involves incantations and a full moon.

For punk, just get drunk and puke on the blank cd. The acidic digestive fluids will erode the cd to its final form.

Sign in to follow this