TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest HVilleThugg

The ign/swf hall of fame induction - 3/16/2002

Guest HVilleThugg

Ladies and gentlemen, I now present to you, your first ever IGN/SWF Hall of Fame Induction Class...

Disclaimer: The following were individuals were inducted by a vote of their peers, and in no way reflects the beliefs of the WFCC, JLCC, or me, HVT.

Inductee #1:

Jayson Grant - As the founder of this federation, Jayson Grant was automatically inducted into Hall Of Fame.  His famed "Scoop Slam" post spawned a cult...a following of people who desired to put their wrestling creativity in written form.  This single event launched a new era in e-feds and the IGNWF was born.  Throughout the lifespan of the federation, Jayson took on many roles, leading the federation into an era of prosperity, and before handing the company over to Shinji Nobonaga, Jayson managed to great one of the finest e-wrestling entities on the net.

Inductee #2:

Rane/Drew - Rane is one of only 2 people that received all 100% of the votes to be inducted into this period's Hall of Fame.  Rane's storied career included winning the World Title an unprecedented 3 times!  Up until recently, Rane held the record for the longest reigning champ of all time, and still holds the record for most title wins and longest total days with the title.  Rane also became the commissioner for a long time, helping to make the fed what it is today.  Here are some comments made by the voters:

- "Behind every great man, there's a great woman. Behind JaysonG, there was Rane to help hold the fed together."

- "...the first and only man to truly dominate the IGNWF. He deserves it."

- "The first, probably last, dominant character in the WF.  Phoenix Uprising?  And as much as he was mocked for gaining and losing a hells of a lot of weight, he gave us the best angle of early on.  PDS/Rane, this is a toast to your angle.  *Clink!*"

Inductee #3:

Stubby “Pots” McWeed – Along with Rane, this superstar received all 100% of the induction votes for this Hall Of Fame Class.  After 8 months in the federation, Stubby finally won the World Title, and held it until his retirement.  In his tenure as a wrestler, Stubby was responsible for changing the way the entire federation thought about matches, driving match lengths through the roof.  Now, as commissioner, Stubby has helped lead the federation to prominence, despite his nature to be a jackass a lot of the time.  *snicker*

Here’s what some voters had to say:

- “…he might act like an ass on the boards, but if you look past the arrogant character, he always makes good points when he flames the crap out of someone. Add the fact that he's been doing a wonderful job as booker and commish, and he's a former world champ, and one of the best writers here, and... that's Hall of Fame material, baby!”

- “Responsible for driving match length and quality up.  Best record in the fed.  Still holds the record for defending the belt against the most number of people during a reign.  Probably end up being the longest reigning commish ever.”

- “A very good commissioner, and great champion as well.  Without him, do you think Edwin would be as high as he is now?  Maybe, but Stubbs gave Edwin a title shot, and then gave him another one over a hundred words. He also put Andrea over like a bitch in the first Double Jeopardy match in the WF, and while that didn't boost her as much as Edwin, it made her known as well.  Who else would do that?  I didn't... *Clink!*

and last, but certainly not least…

Inductee #4:

Cyclone Comet – The man with the superhero gimmick…He’s a myth to some, but most know him as one of the greatest promo writers ever.  His legendary promos attracted attention worldwide, so much so, that he was called away from fighting evil in the squared circle to fighting evil on the big screen.  While his career here was short, he raised the bar when it comes to promos, and hey…you jackasses voted him in.  Not me.

Here’s some Comet Comments:

- “The first of my choices to be made solely on character, Cyclone Comet epitimized everything I wanted to be and do in my time here. He was always fresh and entertaining, and at the same time he allowed me to butcher his character at Crossfire. Rarely noshowed, and his feud(s) with NotJ are legendary.”

- “The fact that people want him back is testament enough.  The best character ever, and promoer too.  Comet, this is for Survival of the Fittest, where you was SCREWED!  *Clink!*”

And there you have it.  Your first ever Hall Of Fame Class.  Remember, you voted for them, so don’t blame me if you don’t like it.

Da “blinking 3 times” H

Guest Zero_Cool

*remembers he didn't vote*

Rats.  Anyway, I'm surprised it's taken so long for anyone to comment on this whole thing.

The sad thing is that CC will NEVER know he's in the WF Hall of Fame, for he left and well, didn't really keep in touch with anyone.  Well, at least he kicked ass.  That's a plus. (Y)

As the first three, good choices.

Guest chirs3

Poor Galatea...

Guess there's always next year.

But w00t to all the others! They all deserved it!

Guest crusen86

Galatea sucked Chris. Even he'll tell you that.

Can't argue with that hall.

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Oh yeah...

...100% of votes.

All is as it should be.

Mothernature says, indeed..."

Guest Perfect_Bo

Stubby, Rane, and Jayson in my eyes deserve it...  Cyclone Comet?  Well, no comment...  I still think and Stubby deserve to be number one because he did his shit as a character and as a booker...  He's the man...  Not taking away from Rane and Jayson who's no longer around...  Props to those who deserve it...

Bo

Guest Christian_Fury

Rgh... I didn't vote either.... *Sigh*

But, I think that the rest who did voiced my opinions pretty well. Especially with Cyclone Comet... Those promos were riotous!

Hey... Maybe we can salvage his last promo for the sake of the n00bs that never knew him?