TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patty O'Green

OAOAST HeldDOWN~! 8/19/04

The show starts up on a solitary shot of Drek Stone standing before a large, wooden desk. The capacity crowd immediately starts booing the man on the screen, not bothering to give him a chance and hear what he has to say. After a few seconds, the camera focuses on the plush leather chair behind the desk. The chair slowly swivels around, and now we can see that the man sitting in the chair is none other than Stephen Joseph Popick. Once again, the crowd here in Calgary starts screaming their disapproval. Both men are smiling at each other, obviously knowing something that the audience doesn’t. The two men peacefully shake hands as the jeers in the crowd continue to rise.

POPICK

Okay, man. You have a deal.Tonight is all about giving people exactly what they want. Rick Edwards wanted to defend his X-Title tonight. I made sure he got that chance. Leon Rodez wanted a shot at that championship. He will get that shot tonight!

The fans in Calgary loudly cheer at the announcement of this X-Championship match.

POPICK

And you will get what you want. Because, tonight, in this X-Title match, we will have a Special Guest Referee! None other than Drek Stone, himself!

Those previous cheers quickly turn into a loud chorus of boos as the camera focuses on Drek Stone, who now has a wide smile on his face. He nods his head peacefully as we fade into the opening credits.

OAOAST HeldDOWN~!

“I Like” plays and we see the opening video. Then we’re taken to the LOGO

ultimatelogohd.jpg

Overpriced fireworks explode on the entrance ramp, eventually bathing the arena in a smokey haze. The camera navigates its way past the smoke and into the crowd where the rabid crowd hoists their signs into the air. We’re soon taken to Triple C.

COLE

Hello, world! Welcome to another edition of HeldDOWN! Tonight we are live from Calgary, Alberta! I’m Mikey Cole, with the Coach and Caboose! Tonight promises another excellent show! Chris Stevens will go up against Gunner for the right to become number one contender to the 24/7 title. As such the twenty four seven rule has been suspended for a while. Hells Hitmen square off against GPX for the tag team belts. And I paid a visit to a very very very unusual character. We’ll have footage of that.

COACH

Hey! Where the hell is Caboose? He’s been missing all day, any word?

COLE

Well, I don't know where Caboose is, but we do have Jackie Gayda waiting for him near the arena entrance if he decides to return...

The shot cuts to Jackie, mic in hand, a bandage on her forehead from last week. Standing near a set of double doors in what appears to be a garage-type area, Jackie plays with her hair, adjusts her breasts, and pops her gum, looking disinterested...until the doors swing open!

COACH

Is it my Boo-boo?

A slim figure steps through the door. It's not Caboose...but it is the former 24/7 Champion, Chris Stevens! The fans pop for the ex-champ! Stevens, in his street clothes, storms through the area, not acknowledging anyone.

COLE

Hey, this is good too! Hey, Jackie, go after him!

Jackie chats on her cellular telephone as Stevens passes by in a huff.

COLE

Hey! Tits McGee! Chris Stevens, 10 o'clock!

Jackie looks up at the voice from beyond, clearly startled. The diva puts her cell phone in between her luxurious cleavage and chases after Stevens, who is still walking briskly through the back.

JACKIE

Chris!!

Stevens slows, turning his head back. He spies Jackie, frowns, and keeps walking.

COACH

Uh-oh, looks like Stevens is in a foul modd tonight!

Jackie runs after Chris, catching up to him several steps later.

JACKIE

Chris! Wait!

Stevens stops suddenly, leveling a hard gaze at Jackie.

STEVENS

What.

The fans pop as a small "What?" chant goes up.

COLE

Morons.

COACH

What?

COLE

Oy.

COACH

What?

COLE

I may not be Caboose, but I will kill you.

JACKIE

I just wondered if you had any comments about last week--

Stevens tears the microphone out of Jackie's hand.

STEVENS

You want a comment? Here's a comment. It took three men to beat me. Three men, when Hoff said he was gonna fight me one on one. Heh, well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised anymore when it comes to that lying bastard. It's just another case of Hoff getting a title that he didn't earn. But, it doesn't matter, because this week I am gonna kick his ass and get my belt back.

The fans go NUT, but a confused murmur passes through the stands as well.

COACH

Uh-oh...

COLE

Apparently Chris hasn't heard the news...

Jackie reaches and pulls the mic back to her lips.

JACKIE

Well, actually, Chris...the Board of Directors has already made a match. It'll be you against Gunner Sharps...with the winner to get the next shot at Hoff.

Chris looks at Jackie, his jaw dropping ever so slightly. Chris blinks. He opens his mouth, as if to speak...and then storms off, audibly cursing as he walks away.

STEVENS

*BLEEP* *BLEEP* You gotta be *BLEEP* kidding me.........

Stevens vanishes down the hall, and the camera turns back to Jackie. The fans give a little cheer as Jackie reaches into her top, feeling for her phone.

JACKIE

Where is it...where the-- OH! Sorry, guys. Back to you.

*cut to Sofa Central*

COACH

No problem, Jackie! You can keep that up all day long.

COLE

Will you stop. Folks, in case you missed it, as Jackie said, Chris Stevens will face Gunner Sharps tonight, with the winner to face Hoff for the 24/7 title at AngleSlam.

COACH

Yeah, now keep in mind, the board has waived the around-the-clock stipulation from the 24/7 title until AngleSlam! That means that Hoff will HAVE to face one of those two men, for the title!

COLE

Well the board felt, rightfully, that not only did both Gunner and Stevens deserve a 24/7 title shot, but they deserved a match with Hoff as well! And one of them will have that honor at AngleSlam!

COACH

I just hope they both kill Hoff! I'm still pissed I didn't get my PS2 from him earlier this year. ESPN Football is only twenty bucks and I'm stuck playing Quarterback Club for N64 all thanks to Hoff not dying.

COLE

Let's send it backstage, where "Mean" Gene is with Bill Watts and the new OAOAST tag team champions, the Global Party XChange.

With a OAOAST banner behind them, Watts & GPX are joined by OAOAST agents Terry Taylor & Terry Funk, who are holding the new tag team title belts. Lightbulbs flash as photographers take as many pictures as possible before the ceremony begins.

MEAN GENE

Gene Okerlund here with the OAOAST tag team champions GPX, OAOAST agents Terry Taylor & Terry Funk, as well as the Chairman of the board of directors Bill Watts with a special presentation. Bill.

WATTS

Thank you, Gene. And thank you to those watching at home. Two weeks ago we were treated to one of the greatest matches in OAOAST history. It pitted Black T vs. the Global Party XChange for the World's tag team championship, with GPX coming out victorious. It was one of the best matches I've ever witness in my 30-plus years in this great sport. After the match, James E. Cornette & the New New Midnight Express attacked GPX, stealing the belts. As I said last week, new tag titles would be presented to GPX, but due to time constraints we weren't able to hold a ceremony. But without further ado, on behalf of the entire board of directors...Scotty & Johnny, we proudly present you these new $30,000 tag titles. Congratulations

tag.jpg

Watts hands the titles over to GPX, then all pose for the photographers.

SCOTTY

'Sup, peoples? Respect to Mr. B, (crows like a rooster, Taylor lowers his head) the Rooster & the Funker. I gotta thank my boy Johnny "Jam" for being with me every step of the way. Our fans (big pop) -- our fans are awesome. Much love, peeps. Much love. But most importantly, I wanna thank my mama for having sex with my daddy that fateful night 19 years ago, thus creating this sexy beast.

JOHNNY

I'd also like to thank Mrs. Static.

Scotty shoots JJ a look.

JOHNNY

For having sex with Mr. Static and making Scotty, who was just sperm in Mr. S's Oscar Mayer back then. Holla!

And the crowd does just that.

MEAN GENE

Guys, if I may ask you a question.

JOHNNY

What's up, playa?

MEAN GENE

Nothin' much. Just smackin' my bitch around, gettin' some lovin', ya hear?

SCOTTY & JOHNNY

Word.

MEAN GENE

S-Man & J-Jam, what's happening with the New New Midnight Express.

SCOTTY

Well G Spot, GPX lovin' the playa in ya. As for the NNMX...tell 'em like it is, J.J.

JOHNNY

It's dyn-O-mite! That clown prince of polyster, James E. P.U., is runnin' 'round playa-hating on the Global Party XChange. Well playa, like my homie Scotty Staaatic recogized last week, we don't want a piece of their ass...we want the whole shabang, got it?

MEAN GENE

Homie believin'.

SCOTTY

But tonight we got Hell's Hitmen, the #1 contenders to our gold -- which is now really gold, FYI (For Your Information). They beat us at LTP: This ain't Oz. Yeah, the ref stopped the match because he deemed us defenseless, but this time we can focus soley on one match. Hell's Nitwits, we're ready for ya. You're goin' down!

MEAN GENE

As...

JESSE VENTURA (Off Screen)

Okerlund?

SCOTTY

Ass? Don't be hatin', Gene? I thought we was cool.

MEAN GENE

What the hell is that?

OAOAST officials are rush past the camera, as we cut outside to the loading dock.

JESSE

Jesse "The Body" reporting with a major scoope. (Chuckling) There ain't gonna be no tag title match between Hell's Hitmen & GPX tonight. OAOAST officials have found the #1 contenders laid out in a dumpster. That's right -- laid out in a dumpster. They were found covered in trash, out cold, bleeding.

Officials, including the Chairman of the board of directors "Cowboy" Bill Watts, are gathered around the dumpster. With caution EMT's pull out two bodies. "Doctor, if you'd please," says one official. A doctor gives the two men a shot.

JESSE

What's going on here?

A couple of OAOAST officials demand the cameras be shut off.

JESSE

Don't touch the camera. I wanna know what's going on. The pubic has a right to know.

Bill Watts walks over to Jesse.

JESSE

Bill?

WATTS

Jesse, right now everything's a bit hazy. We got word from an arena employee that two men were found in the dumpster. At first we thought it was probably two homeless men, but when security checked it out, we found out those two men were Jingus & The Sadist -- Hell's Hitmen. Whatever happened to them, all we know is they took one helluva beating, and everybody knows those guys love pain, so it was some ass-whoopin'.

JESSE

What about the shots? I, we, saw a doc give 'em a shot. What was it?

WATTS

Jingus & The Sadist were given sedatives just in case they wake up in the mental hospital and decided to raise hell.

JESSE

What about their match versus the Global Party XChange?

WATTS

That's up in the air. Obviously they're in no condition to wrestle. What I'm gonna do is hold an emergency conference call with the board of directors to figure out where we'll go from here. If any news breaks, I'll share that with the fans. Now if you'd excuse me.

JESSE

Michael, things are very chaotic out here. (chuckling) And I love it. I'll cut in with any further developments. Remember, Jesse "The Body" broked this major news story. Back to you.

Cut back to SOFA CENTRAL~! where Michael Cole & The Coach look at each other, stunned by what has happened.

COACH

Did...Did you see that? I mean, who, how... will we even have a tag title match tonight?

COLE

For those of you just joining us, Hell's Hitmen have been attacked, and we don't know if they'll be cleared to wrestle GPX later tonight.

COACH

They were given laxatives, Cole!

COLE

Sedatives.

COACH

Either way, of course they won't be cleared to wrestle. Even if they were, do you honestly think a fortune 500 company like the OAOAST would allow a couple of their stars to compete under the influence of a controlled substance?

Instead of pointing out how obvious that answer is, Cole decideds to stare at Coach momentarily.

COACH

I told you not to do that. Man, you look like you want me. Knowing you, you probably wanna find out if that urban legend is true.

COLE

That being...?

COACH

Once you go black, you don't go back.

COLE

Give me a break.

COACH

I don't run the state of New Jersey, fool.

We have a disturbance ringside. Black T, the former and arguably greatest tag team champions in OAOAST history, along with the Farmer of Champions Jivin' J.R. make their way to the front row, looking flustered, where 3 empty seats await them.

COLE

What are these guys doin' out here? They're not booked to wrestle. Wait... wait a minute. Oh, brother...

COACH

Cole, you're not insinuating Black T may have ambushed Hell's Hitmen?

COLE

They have a motive -- replaced Hell's Hitmen as #1 contenders. Dan & JINGUS aren't on the best of terms, and they had a war at the Great Angle Bash. Look at them. They look like they've runned 500 hundred miles.

COACH

Go interview them, Cole. Go ask the hard questions.

COLE

All right, all right.

The stage manager hands Michael a wireless microphone. Cole leaves the friendly confines of Sofa Central to interview Black T.

COACH

Here's to Black T slapping the frosting out of Cole's hair.

COLE

Dan Black & T-Bod -- Black T. I'm sure you know Hell's Hitmen were Pearl Harbored by the loading dock. The question is: Did you have anything to do with that?

DAN

First off, Mr. Cole, even if he did -- which we didn't -- would we really admit it in front of a national audience? No. Look, we just got here, had to walk through these people -- who apparently forgot to bath -- and you're annoying us with your idiotic questions.

COLE

Well, then any comments regarding the situation? You two were once tag champions, and many believe the Miracle Weirdness Connection are the greatest tag team in OAOAST history.

DAN

The MWC is dead, Mr. Cole. Yes, at one time the MWC was the greatest team in OAOAST history, but they've since been replaced by a better team -- Black T. As far as any comment...I have no comment. Although how utterly proper for JINGUS to be found in a dumpster, since we all know what a garbage wrestler he is.

COLE

Ahem. Then may I ask what you're doing here?

DAN

Michael, hardcore fans know tomorrow is T-Bod's birthday. And what a Happy Birthday it shall be. However, due to our demanding schedule, very rarely do we have nights off -- tonight being one of those nights. As you know, ever since 9-11 security has been extremely tight, OAOAST events being no exception. When we arrived at the area, following an exquisted visit to a gentlemen's club where the women were throwing money at us, we had forgotten our backstage passes in our 5 star hotel. Long story short: we scalp two tickets for a couple of autographs and the promise -- that won't be fullified, mind you -- of taking the gentlemen's two fat daughters to the senior prom. Tonight, Black T come to you as fans, and we look forward to the tag team championship match.

COLE

But there might not be a tag title match. Didn't you see what happened to Hell's Hitmen?

DAN

Like I said, Michael, we just got here. We're here to enjoy the show. Now leave us alone.

COLE

You gentlemen haven't said a word ever since losing the tag team championship to the Global Party XChange. Any comments?

Black T roll their eyes back. Dan & T-Bod look at each other, deciding who'd take the question. Dan motions for T-Bod.

T-BOD

Oh, we're pleased to no longer carry the tag titles. What kind of a stupid question is that?! How the hell do you think we feel?! We paved the way for teams like GPX, the NNMX, the Saints, the Frankensteiners, the All American Boys, the Love Doctors, etc. If it weren't for us the tag division would be a toxic waste dump. I bit my tonuge after being superplexed from a ladder placed on the outside to the ring, causing me to spit out blood and in the process scare the hell outta my fans thinking I may have had some internal injuries. After the show I got a call from my cousin Teddy Moneymaker -- yo, Teddy! -- who's keeping my mansion warm in San Antonio while I live in Hollywood and travel 'round the world, asking if I die will he get everything I own. But, as you saw last week, I'm perfectly healthy. With my body and acting experiences, Bryan Singer should contact me about being the next Man of Steel. I'm F'N Superman.

DAN

Now, if you'll allow us to enjoy the show.

Black T take their seats, but not before Jivin' J.R. says...

J.R.

Honeynut cheerios.

Boos ring throughout the arena, not because of Black T -- Jim Cornette & the New New Midnight Express are headed towards SOFA CENTRAL~! Even though they're not booked to wrestle the NNMX are dressed in their ring attire, Cornette in a black polyster suit and red tie, with tennis racket in hand.

COACH

Things continued to get wilder and wilder.

COLE

What is this--open mic night?

Looking remorseful, Cornette snatches away the wireless microphone from Michael Cole.

CORNETTE

Let me...(choking up) ahem...excuse me...Everybody knows how tight we are with Hell's Hitmen, so this is a very difficult time for us.

Cornette takes a few steps back, holding back his emotions. "Sarcastic" Simon & "Narcissistic" Ned, show team unity by wearing matching silver vests with their initials on them, console their manager.

"For them, Jimmy. For them," the camera picks up Simon saying.

COLE

Clearly, Jim Cornette is shaken up.

CORNETTE

Of course I'm shaken up, Michael Cole. Wouldn't you be too if you found out some of your friends were found beaten inside a dumpster? Of course your friends actually live in dumpsters, so I guess it wouldn't bother you that much. Okay, okay. I gotta clam down, I can do this. I haven't felt this way since Nixon past away years ago.

Let me start off by saying I share the same concern as Hoss Cartwright in the back. I mean I'm the only one who knows the Sadist came from an abusive household. His mother died giving birth to him, his father was a drunk who constantly beat him from the age of 5 to 17, due to all the beatings he received as a child he learned to enjoy pain, hence the name Sadist. The man has an IQ of a 160, which means he's a smart S.O.B, for you morons out there wondering (in hillbilly voice) "What the hell's an IQ, ma?" Whoever did the dirty deed, they're two bad dudes, that's for sure.

Cornette & Simon hug.

CORNETTE

Oh I wish mama was here to guide me through this. Last week was a proud moment for Jim Cornette Enterprises, I had signed Hell's Hitmen to exclusive contracts, and with them watchin' the backs of the Midnight Express...well, quite frankly, it'd scare more men than Boris Karloff & Bela Lugosi combined, but sadly, I won't have that chance to find out what if. But to honor our fallen comardes -- and because we know they'd want it this way -- we'd be more than willing to take their spot against GPX later tonight. (wiping away tears) If it's not for the titles, we'll pass. But if it is, we'll take it.

GPX love to speak like they're from the ghetto, dress like they're from the ghetto, act like they're from the ghetto. I know that isn't PC, but I'm not a personal computer so I have no feelings. Punks, my Midnight Express will be sending you back to your cribs short a couple of belts. We're winning the titles for our misunderstood friends. But most importantly, we're winning the titles because we're the best team in the whole damn world. So put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Cornette tosses the mic back to Michael Cole and exits stage right with the NNMX.

(Go to break)

Edited by Patty O'Green

(We go backstage where Rick Edwards is looking in a mirror with his X Title over his shoulder. His face is bruised from the beating he took last week. The fans cheer as we listen in.)

RICK

I should be happier right now. I finally have my match against J. Arthur and hopefully I can finally get my revenge on Father. I’m even the X Division Champ, but it still feels like something is missing.

*Leah Blackstone walks over and puts her hand on his shoulder and the fans cheer again.*

LEAH

Maybe you’ll feel better once this whole thing is over?

RICK

I’m not sure I will. I changed so much to distance myself from Father only to find that it was exactly what he wanted.

LEAH

You were manipulated by JAE. It’s not your fault. You had every reason to think he was sincere because he is family.

RICK

What do I do now? Who am I Leah? Am I a hero? Am I just some sap who is easily manipulated?

LEAH

That’s something you’ll have to figure out for yourself. I can’t tell you what is going on in your head. No matter what you’re in good company now. We won’t try to manipulate you in any way.

RICK

I know that now. What I don’t know is if I can ever go back to how I was before.

LEAH

You mean…

*Judas walks in and drops his bag by a chair. Rick and Leah look over at him.*

RICK

Judas what are you doing here?

JUDAS

I’m tired of hiding. If Father and Cain want to bring me out of exile then so be it.

RICK

Does this mean you’re accepting Cain’s challenge for AngleSlam?

JUDAS

Yes I am.

RICK

Are you sure you know what you’re getting into? Did you see what he did to me last week?

JUDAS

Rick I’ve realized that wrestling is the only thing I do well. If I don’t come back I’ll go crazy. I may not have the answers to what I am exactly yet, but I realize now this is the only place I’m going to find those answers. I…

*Judas is cut off by a scream from Leah. The camera whips around to show Cain standing in the doorway with a smile on his face. Leah hides behind Rick with her arms around him.*

CAIN

I thought I saw you come in Judas. So you accept my challenge? I beat his ass within an inch of his life *points to Rick* so beating the carbon copy shouldn’t be hard.

*Judas walks over to Cain and stands right in front of him.*

JUDAS

Have you ever gone toe to toe with a man who’s not afraid to die? If I am no more than a clone without a soul then I have nothing to fear when I die. Then again I have nothing to look forward to so that makes me a pretty pissed off man. I might as well enjoy life while it lasts and the one thing I would enjoy right now is beating your ass.

*Cain smirks*

CAIN

Then I guess you’ll stay pissed off because that’s not going to happen. *Cain pulls the chain from his pocket and wraps it around his fist* I’ll just have to make your face look like his *points at Rick* and then you’ll have even more to whine about. So until AngleSlam stock up on all the anti-depressants and Linkin Park CD’s that you can because you’ll need them.

*Cain leaves the room and everyone relaxes finally. Once Judas regains his composure he leaves the room without a word. Leah turns back to face Rick and hugs him.*

LEAH

Ever since Cain threw me off that stage I shudder at the mere mention of his name.

RICK

I wouldn’t worry about him. You’re in good company…just like you said earlier.

*She looks up at him and their faces seem to draw closer as Rick leans forward and…*

JUDAS

I forgot my bag…

*Rick and Leah stand upright and look at Judas. Judas gives them a funny look before grabbing his bag and walking back out the door. You can hear Judas laugh in the hallway as he leaves and we fade out.*

Generic promo music plays in the background as we return to footage from an OAOAST House Show.

COLE (Voice over)

Wrestling fans, excitement was in the air this past weekend as the OAOAST invaded Hamilton, Ontario with a spectacular Live Event!

COACH (Ditto)

Yeah! Peep this footage right here and you'll see why there's nothing better than catching the OAOAST LIVE!

Highlights from the show play...nothing really special going on. Just clips of the typical house show stuff. You know...footage of stars like the Thrillogy, Rick Edwards, GPX, Sly and Crystal in action while ringside fans cheer, hold up signs, and get attacked by Eddie Guerrero, all while proclaiming this event to be the BEST EXPERIENCE EVAR~! We then cut to footage of Jackie Gayda in the ring with a mic and one hand and a bunch of OAOAST t-shirts in the other.

COLE

What an eventful evening it was. However, there was one incident on the show that nearly ruined this magical evening. There you see Jackie Gayda in the ring--still feeling the effects of that errant chairshot she suffered from Panther last week. She was there to advertise OAOAST merchandise to the fans in attendence. There you see her displaying t-shirts for a number of OAOAST athletes, and when she got to Panther's t-shirt--

COACH

Only $19.99 + shipping and handling! BUY IT NOW!

COLE

--guess who shows up!

COACH

OOH! OOH! I know that! I know! It was...Chris Bryte, right?

COLE

Correct! (tosses Coach a Scooby Snack) Chris Bryte and his...ASSHOLE of an uncle...this Kevin Yancy Taylor. They come down to ringside, and once again, they begin to berate Jackie! Why does Chris Bryte continue to torment this woman?!

COACH

I dunno, but he got on her hard! You can see them in the ring, there! Taylor's insulting her abilities as a broadcaster...Bryte's on her about advertising for Panther when Panther "viciously attacked her" last week with a chair.

COLE

Bryte pulled her in the way of that shot, by the way...for those of you who missed it last week. Bottom line is that Chris Bryte was being an asshole, here's where he crossed the line, fans! He comes up to Jackie and says "do you wanna sell something? I've got some footage of Tina..."

COACH

Wow...

COLE

Exactly. He tries to sell this...I dunno. This sex tape of Tina...he claims he's doing it to expose Tina to the world...to show just what kind of freak she really is. I dunno what to say about that, but that didn't sit to well with Panther, as you can see here!

Panther charges the ring and spears Bryte to the canvas. He begins laying into him with hard right hands as the fans cheer in the background.

COLE

Panther unleashing his frustration on Chris Bryte. He's fighting for his girlfriend's honor, but in doing so, he--unfortunately--violated a restraining order that Chris Bryte had placed on him last week! And here you see the end result...

Police rush the ring and pry Panther off of Bryte, to LOUD boos from the crowd. Panther is cuffed and dragged away kicking and screaming.

COLE

...Panther is arrested for the second time in less than a week. The fans didn't like it, but the look on Taylor's face tells the story...he absolutely loved it!

COACH

Yeah, my boy Panther got taken to jail, but things didn't end there!

COLE

No they didn't. See, as Bryte began gloating about what he had done--about the way he and Taylor had played Panther--Jackie Gayda...our broadcast colleague...well...she snapped!

Jackie hauls off and SLAPS Bryte across the face, to a HUGE pop from the crowd.

COLE

Jackie slapping the taste outta Chris Bryte's mouth. She had finally had enough of Chris Bryte! All the things that Bryte has done over the past few months--to Panther, to Tina, to Jackie herself--they all served to push this woman over the edge, and she absolutely lost it!

JACKIE

You are the biggest asshole I have ever seen in my life, Bryte! You're a complete asshole, and you're damn lucky that I'm not a man, because if I was, I'd kick your sorry ass myself!

COLE

And here's where things got interesting.

BRYTE

Well why don't you try it, Jackie? I mean...c'mon Miss Tough enough! Why doncha show the Bryte man what Al and the gang taught you? Why doncha show these people here tonight?

COLE

Jackie was initially reluctant, but after further goading by Bryte and Taylor, she accepted, and later that night, the match was on!

We flash to later footage of Bryte and Jackie in the ring, both in wrestling gear.

COLE

Chris Bryte vs. Jackie Gayda, one-on-one!

COACH

Yeah, Mikey! Jackie was trying to take a page outta your book and pick up the upset win!

COLE

But Chris Bryte wasn't gonna allow that to happen so easily! Take a look this beating that Bryte put on Gayda!

Bryte traps Jackie in the corner and nails her with a HARD open hand strike to the chest. Flash to later footage of Bryte trapping her in a front facelock and driving knee lifts into her face. Later, he blasts her in the face with a Yakuza kick! Followed up by a soccer kick to the gut while she's on her hands and knees. Roundhouse kick to the head. Enzuiguri! At one point, Jackie manages to fight her way out of a submission hold and runs to the ropes, but when she comes off, Bryte NAILS her with a rolling Koppu kick right to the face. The end result of the beating is Jackie lying on the canvas bleeding from both her mouth and her nose, with her right eye swelling badly.

COLE

Chris Bryte beat the HELL outta Jackie Gayda...just goes to show what type of lowlife this man is! Jackie was hurt and hurt badly, and Bryte was just about to go for the kill, when...

COACH

Look at this!

Suddenly, an unknown man comes from the crowd and charges the ring, attempting to get at Bryte. The referee manages to catch him by the waist and wrestle him to the ground, and the two men struggle for a moment as security and event staff rush over to help.

COLE

This unknown man charging the ring. He would later be identified as Tommy Gunn...the older brother of "J-Dogg" Johnny Gunn, who was killed by Chris Bryte's Hand a little under a month ago. Gunn trying to get into the ring...he wanted revenge on Bryte in the worst way, and as officials tried to get him outta the ring...

The crowd pops as Tina comes out from the locker room. Both the official is preoccupied with Gunn, Tina slides into the ring, spins Bryte around and blasts him with the DDTina, knocking him out cold!

COLE

And there you see right there, Tina hitting Bryte with the DDTina! Tina getting a measure of revenge on Chris Bryte, and there you see....

??? (in the arena)

WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE!! CUT THAT DAMNED FOOTAGE OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!! CUT IT OFF NOW!!!!!!

The video stops abruptly, and we immediately cut to live action, where Chris Bryte and Kevin Yancy Taylor storm out from the locker room and head down to ringside. Taylor's got a mic in his hand, and neither man looks happy as they stomp up the ring stairs and enter the ring, greeted by chants of "ASSHOLE" by the rabid Calgary crowd. Taylor's face is a deep red as he looks into the camera with fury in his eyes.

TAYLOR

You see!!! This is exactly what I was talking about! This is exactly why I have come to the OAOAST! Once again, my nephew, Chris Bryte, has fallen victim to the propaganda machine that is the OAOAST! Once again, the OAOAST has tried to sully his reputation with this doctored footage, and I will not allow that to happen! I will not allow the OAOAST to get away with it. So once again, I...Kevin...Yancy...Taylor, will enlighten you uninformed masses, and tell you all the truth about just what went down this past weekend at that house show!

The camera focuses on a sign in the crowd that reads "PANTHER'S GONNA KILL YOU" before cutting back to ringside, where Taylor continues.

TAYLOR

Now this weekend's house show was a great event! It was indeed a magical evening...that is, until it was ruined by this trollup Jackie Gayda and her unprofessional journalistic behavior! I mean, Chris and I only came down to that ring to help her! We came down to that ring to see if she was ok after what that cad Panther did to her last week here on HeldDOWN...I mean, to attack a poor, innocent woman...(crowd boos) I swear, riffraff like Panther do not deserve to walk the streets! So Chris and I--being the kindhearted individuals that we are--came down to check on her! And not just to check on her, but to cheer her up! To bring a smile to her face! To--as they say on the streets--"turn that frown upside down"! Contrary to what Michael Cole and the rest of the hack announce team would want you to believe, our intentions were good! Our hearts were pure! But unfortunately, that lunatic Jackie Gayda just would not allow us to accomplish what we set out to accomplish! The woman snaps, pulls a gun on my nephew and me...

COLE

Oh please!

TAYLOR

...and she had a bomb as well! She was threatening to blow up the arena! She could've killed thousands and thousands of people! (crowd boos)

COLE

This man is so full of shit!

TAYLOR

Chris Bryte did what he had to do in order to avert a disaster of immense proportions, and yet when it's all said and done...rather than worship him...rather than hold him up as the hero he is, the OAOAST launches yet another smear campaign, in what is perhaps the most blatant attempt to bury a man's career that I have ever seen! Triple H has nothing on the OAOAST, people, and for that, I say SHAAAAAME! SHAME ON YOU ALL!

Chants of "WE WANT PANTHER" start up in the crowd, drawing Bryte's ire. He covers his ears and begins to stomp the canvas, imploring the crowd to pipe down. Taylor's also unnerved by the chants, and it shows in his face.

TAYLOR

You know...(chants continue)...you know--SHUT UP!!!!!! (crowd boos) As far as the end of that video goes...it need not be seen, for you see, I...KEVIN...YANCY...TAYLOR...will tell you all just what happened. You see, Tina ran out and hit Bryte with the DDTina...and it LOOKED as if Chris Bryte was actually knocked out, but I assure you that he was not! You weren't even hurt at all, were you, Chris?

BRYTE

Nope!

TAYLOR

Exactly! My nephew wasn't phased at all by that pitiful attack! I mean...(laughs) to think that Chris Bryte could actually be hurt by the attack of mere woman...(crowd boos) oh! Don't get me wrong! Nothing against women, but seriously...this is Chris Bryte we're talking about! The Brytest rising star in ALL of the OAOAST! To think that a woman can hold a candle to his greatness is...well...it's quite laughable, don't you think? HA! Anyway, end of story, Bryte came back and won the match! THE END! Production crew, I WANNA SEE THAT FOOTAGE AGAIN! I WANT IT BURNED, DAMN IT! DO YOU HEAR ME?! I WANT IT BURNED!

Taylor begins breathing more rapidly as ringside fans continue to heckle them. Suddenly, cheers come up from the crowd as the camera shifts focus to the stage, where Tina emerges from the locker room. Clad in a black tank top with the words "Panther Fever" printed on the front in red letters, black shorts and black boots, Tina smiles as she looks down to Taylor and Bryte at ringside.

TINA

(clapping) Bravo, Taylor! Bravo!

TAYLOR

WHAT DO YOU WANT, WENCH?!

TINA

I just wanted to commend you two on that little spiel of yours! I mean, dang, Kevy...you sure set did set the record straight! I mean, really, people, the more I listen to this man, the more I believe every word he says is the gospel! Think about it: Kevin Taylor is absolutely right! The OAOAST has got it all wrong about Chris Bryte; He's really a saint! Take my word for it, people! I was engaged to the guy! I know! I mean...who cares that he tried to ruin Panther's and my career! That he tried to wreck us emotionally! That he's been picking on a helpless announcer for over a month now! That he's directly responsible for a man's death! Chris Bryte is the greatest, most honorable man ever to walk the face of this earth! I can see it now, Kevy! Thanks to you, I can see the light.

Taylor eyes her with disdain from the ring as she continues.

TINA

(giggles) And ya know...you are absolutely right when you say that no woman on the face of this earth can hold a candle to him. I mean, damn it, HE'S THE BRYTEST STAR IN THE GAME! HE'S THE FUTURE OF PRO WRESTLER! THERE'S NOT A WOMAN ON THE FACE OF THIS PLANET THAT'S CAPABLE OF BEATING CHRIS...

Suddenly, the Angletron lights up one more time, showing footage of Jackie Gayda covering Bryte for...

3!!!!!!!

*DING DING DING*

ANNOUNCER

Here is your winner: JACKIIIIIIIEEEEEE GAAAAAYYYDAAAAAAA!!!!

The video abruptly stops, and the live crowd is cheering wildly as Bryte sheepishly lowers his head in the ring. On stage, Tina's jaw drops with pretend shock...

TINA

(Gasp) Oopsie!

BRYTE

You...BITCH!!!!!! YOU NO GOOD BITCH!

TINA

Oh really, Chris! That's no way for a nice young man like you to talk!

BRYTE

You fucking...I DIDN'T...I DIDN'T...

TINA

What? You DIDN'T just get your ass beat by a girl? Because that's damn sure what it looked like to me! (giggles)

BRYTE

We've already been through this, Tina! I am the Brytest star in the OAOAST! I am a judo expert, damn it! THERE IS NO WAY THAT I COULD EVER LOSE TO A WOMAN! NO FUCKING WAY!

TINA

You know that, and I know that...but it seems as if Miss Jackie didn't get the memo! Hey tech crew, can we fire up that footage one more time? I'd like to get another look at that pin one more time! (crowd pops)

BRYTE & TAYLOR

NO! NO! DON'T...

The footage rolls once again, and the crowd counts along as the referee's count hits 1...2...3!

*DING DING DING*

ANNOUNCER

The video ends, and the crowd pops one more time. In the ring, Bryte tosses his trademark shades to the mat and stomps on them IN ANGER~! He rushes towards the ropes and points up at Tina, with fire in his eyes.

BRYTE

DON'T YOU DARE PLAY THAT FOOTAGE AGAIN, TINA! IF YOU DO, I'LL...I'll...I'll...

TINA

You'll what, Chris? Attack me? What? Hospitalize me? You've already done that, Chris, but I'm still standing!

BRYTE

You had better watch yourself, Tina! You'd better, because if not...Uncle Kev and I...I...you...y-y-y-you...

TINA

(mocking) "Y-Y-Y-YOU"...(scoffs) PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE! (crowd pops) Lemme tell ya, Chris: anything you wanna try, go right ahead and bring it. After all you've put me through, I'd welcome it, just for the chance to kick your ass one more time!

BRYTE

Is that so, Tina? Is that so? Well how about I give you that chance here tonight on HeldDOWN! C'mon, Tina! Face me tonight, one-on-one, and I'll prove once and for all that there's not a woman on the planet that can compare to me! What do you say to that?

TINA

It'd be my pleasure.

BRYTE

Good! Tonight, you're mine, Tina! YOU ARE MINE!

TINA

(smiles) Whatever. Say what you wanna say, Bryte, but just think about one thing: if you couldn't handle little Jackie, how in the hell are you gonna be able to handle me? Tech crew, if you will...

Suddenly, the footage of Jackie's pin comes up on screen one more time, and the fans count along once more as the ref's hand hits the mat for 1...2...3!

*DING DING DING*

ANNOUNCER

The "You Gets no love" remix starts up over the PA system as Tina flashes an angelic smile and waves at Bryte before strutting back to the locker room. In the ring, Bryte throws a tantrum. He begins swinging wildly at the air and kicking the ropes, stopping only when Taylor grabs him to calm him down.

COLE

Well, fans, it looks as if we've got a match on our hands. Tina versus Chris Bryte! A rematch from their encounter from a couple of months ago! What a bout that should be!

COACH

Yeah. And I've got a feeling that this is gonna be a long night for the Bryte man! We've seen that Tina's an accomplished wrestler! She damn near beat Bryte the last time they fought on HeldDOWN!

COLE

Yes. Will Bryte be humilated once again tonight on HeldDOWN?

(Go to break)

When the break ends, we see Panther and Tina talking backstage. Panther has a worried look on his face as he speaks.

PANTHER

You sure you wanna go through with this, ma? I mean...remember your head. I don't want you getting hurt out there again...

TINA

Don't worry about me, Panther; I'm fine! If you wanna worry about somebody, worry about Bryte and the beating I'm gonna give him later on.

PANTHER

Yeah well, he'd better hope nothing happens to you out there, because restraining order or not, I swear--

???

PANTHER!

Both Panther and Tina turn sharply and spot "Cowboy" Bill Watts headed down the hallway, looking none too happy. He's got a newspaper in his right hand, and holds it up as he approaches the pair.

WATTS

Do you see this (pointing to the paper)? Front page news! "OAOAST Troubles Continue: Star Wrestler Jailed Again"! Damn it, Panther, that's twice in the past week!

PANTHER

(sighs) Look, Bill...

WATTS

No, you look! The media is all over us right now! Ever since the J-Dogg incident, they've been watching us like a hawk, looking for whatever dirt they can find on our company, and you're not helping matters by running out and getting arrested every week!

Panther shoots an intense glare Watts' way, and the two engage in a brief staredown. Watts' look softens.

WATTS

Look, Panther, I personally endorsed you in your bid to come back to the OAOAST. It was a big risk with the whole Hand situation, but I took it, and I took it because you're a great hand! You're a strong worker, everyone in the back respects you, and the fans love you. But since coming back, you've done nothing but cause trouble! You've been arrested twice now, you keep on violating Chris Bryte's restraining order, and you're just bringing more bad publicity onto the fed...

PANTHER

So what do you want me to do? Just sit back and allow him to hurt me...to hurt my girl and do nothing about it? (deep breath) Watts, you know all that Bryte has put me through, and you know that this restraining order is bullshit!

WATTS

I know! I know! And the board of directors is working on your behalf to get this situation cleared up! We're on your side here, Panther! But in the meantime, you've gotta play ball! You've gotta follow the rules! Until we've got this thing settled, I don't want you going anywhere near Chris Bryte, no matter what he does or what he says! Do that for me, will ya?

PANTHER

Nah, screw that. After all he's done to us, I'll be damned if I'm gonna allow some piece of paper to keep me from giving him what he deserves.

WATTS

Ok, well let's look at it this way. You can either play by the rules and stay away from Bryte, or you can take your place in the unemployment line, because Panther I promise you that if you get arrested one more time, I'll see to it that both you and Tina are fired from the OAOAST! And if that happens, I'll personally see to it that you never get another shot a Chris Bryte as long as you live! Have I made myself clear?

Panther doesn't answer. Instead, a scowl comes across his face. After a moment, Watts asks a second time?

WATTS

HAVE I MADE MYSELF CLEAR?!

Tina rubs Panther's right shoulder to try and calm him down. Panther turns and looks into her eyes, as if asking for her approval. He stares at her for a few moment, with the look on his face softening with every passing second. Finally, he turns back to Watts.

PANTHER

Alright. I'll play by your little rules. I'll leave Bryte alone...for now.

WATTS

Good. Now, if you'll excuse me...

Watts turns and walks off, leaving Panther and Tina alone.

TINA

Don't worry about it, babe. I'll make Bryte pay tonight.

She rubs his back to try and calm him, but Panther just walks off with a blank look on his face. Tina eyes him with concern as he walks off in the distance, and we cut to...

COLE

And now we’re going to go backstage with Miss Jackie, who has the special guest referee for tonight’s X-Title Match. Miss Jackie?

The camera flashes back to Miss Jackie, who is now standing next to Drek Stone. Much like before, the crowd pleasures in the chance to boo the former Italian Champion.

JACKIE

Hi, Michael. I’m here with Drek Stone. Mr Stone, I really have just one important question for you tonight. What exactly are your motives here? Why have you chosen to be the Special Guest Referee tonight?

DREK

Well, Jackie, that is actually a very meaningful and well-thought out question. So much unlike your previous work. So let me just answer that question in a few words.

Drek casually pulls the microphone out of Jackie’s hand, completely ignoring her judgmental look.

DREK

I’m doing this tonight as a favor to Leon Rodez.

“BOO!”

DREK

No, seriously. It’s true. Believe it or not, Eddy Kalm taught me a lot about myself when I went to see him for support two weeks ago. I learned so much about reforming myself – bracing myself for the future while making sure that I don’t dwell too much on the past. And you know what? When Leon Rodez passed me with that sarcastic comment….

JACKIE

The Don ought to have you whacked for that performance…

Drek slowly winces and shuts his eyes, still hurting from that cynical remark.

DREK

Yes, Jackie. Thanks for all your help. Well, Leon actually helped me with that comment. He only further fueled my desire to escape the reputation I once had. Eddy helped me realize that the way I had been carrying myself couldn’t be continued if I really was to succeed around here. There was a reason I lost in that Hell-in-the-Cell match against The Mad Cappa. I have been focused so long on trying to find the best ways to antagonize my opponents – antagonize these fans – without paying the proper attention to succeeding. This was a major weakness I had. And Eddy Kalm – as well as Leon Rodez – helped point that out.

DREK

So, you see…..tonight, I’m here to show my gratitude. Without realizing it, Leon helped me in the hallway that day. And I’m going to find the proper way to thank him. Because, tonight, I’m going to be the Special Guest Referee in the X-Championship match tonight. And Leon, don’t you worry about a damn thing. Because, with me by your side, you WILL be walking out with the X-Title tonight! You helped me! And now I’ll help you! Leon, welcome to the OAOAST. It’s about time you get a championship. And you’ll have me to thank…

Drek hands off the microphone to Miss Jackie and cooly walks away. The camera cuts away from Jackie, back to Michael Cole and The Coach sitting at the announce booth.

COLE

What the hell is that about? Did Drek Stone really just say he’s going to be there to make sure Leon walks out of the match with the X-Title? This doesn’t make any sense.

COACH

It makes a little sense. In his mind, Leon helped him by taunting him in the hallway. And now he wants to make sure that he could truly thank Leon for playing a part in his reformation. All that matters is that this situation makes sense to Drek.

COLE

Well, what does this now say about Rick Edwards? Is his three-month title reign ready to end right here?

COACH

If Drek has anything to do with it, it will.

COLE

Well, folks, the X-Title match is coming up later tonight!

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

COLE

The OAOAST would like to congratulate our very own All American Boys, II & III, for winning a tournament in Japan to become the first-ever HIYAH tag team champions. Many tag teams from around the world competed in a one night tournament, which ended with the All American Boys defeating the Dudley Boyz. Before you ask, the WWE let their talent compete in another promotion. It was before HIYAH & the OAOAST signed a talent exchange agreement. So expect to see talent from the HIYAH promotion making the ocassional visit to OAOAST TV and vice versa. As a matter of fact, rumor has it the All American Boys will make their OAOAST return next week in a title defense. I know Bill Watts would love to book a champion vs. champion match between the two sides tag titleholders. I'm being told in my headset -- I understand Jesse "The Body" Ventura is standing by with Bill Watts.

JESSE

That's right, Michael Cole. Here with me is none other than the Chairman of the board of directors, "Cowboy" Bill Watts. Bill, you promised me if you had any news, I'd be the first to know. Whatcha got?

WATTS

About 5 minutes ago I got off a conference call with the rest of the board, but I want to say something first. I think it's become quite clear Jim Cornette had something to do with the attack on Hell's Hitmen. We've heard strong rumors Jim Cornette's attorneys cut a deal with Hell's Hitmen giving the NNMX their title shot. Apparently they -- Hell's Hitmen -- were told it was a loan from Cornette's trust fund, but in actuality it was a contract transfering their championship match to the NNMX. After they found out about Cornette's double-cross, they confronted him about it. That's when we believe the NNMX attacked.

JESSE

These are just rumors, though.

WATTS

Very strong rumors. However, Mr. Cornette is correct: I believe when you can give the fans more than they bargained for, you do it. That said, we decide to give GPX two options -- take the night off, because their scheduled opponents cannot compete tonight, or allow the New New Midnight Express to take their place. Jim Cornette has been begging for a chance for his boys to compete for the World's tag belts, but the champs hold the cards in their hands. So I went to GPX and told 'em the NNMX wanna hook 'em up, do you? They said, "Whenever, wherever, we're met to kick their ass", which I took as a yeah, let's hook 'em up. So, right here, later tonight, they're gonna hook 'em up! The World's tag team titles will be on the line -- the New New Midnight Express vs. the Global Party XChange.

Bill leaves the interview position.

JESSE

Whoa! There you have it. Later on tonight the NNMX will face GPX for the tag titles. James E. finally gets his team another shot at the gold. I can't wait. HeldDown will return after this quick time-out.

ANGLESLAM

TWO WEEKS AWAY

August 29, 2004

LIVE ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW

SEGMENT 3: THE MATCH

* DING DING DING *

HeldDOWN~!

OAOAST TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

The New New Midnight Express vs. The Global Party XChange

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, HeldDown continues with a battle for the OAOAST tag team championship of the world. It is set for one fall. Introducing first, the challengers, to be introduced by their manager.

Jim Cornette, looking more cheerful than earlier tonight, leads his team to the ring as "Chase" continues playing. The Midnights have the old tinted blue tag titles around their waists. Cornette's opening spiel is nearly drowned out by the chants of "GPX".

CORNETTE

They're two walking weapons of mass destruction, the real OAOAST tag team champions, "Sarcastic" Simon & "Narcissistic" Ned, the New New Midnight Express!

In a world full of posers, phonies, and pure wannabees,

there finally emerges a group

which has come to the set the record straight.

So all you suckers better recognize, ya heard

Can you say uhhh na na na na...

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, their opponents, from Hotlanta & the 313 respectively, Scotty Static & Johnny "Jam" Jackson, the OAOAST tag team champions of the world -- The Global Party XChange!

GPX run to the ring, the NNMX stomping them as they slide underneath the bottom rope. Simon & Ned with a fury of punches. GPX fight back with their own, eventually taking the momentum away from the NNMX. Johnny whips Ned into the ropes and catches Blanchard coming back at him. SWINGING BEARHUG INTO URANAGE (Rock Bottom). Scotty with a legsweep on Simon, SPRINGBOARD MOONSAULT.

The Midnights kickout.

Cornette takes a swipe at Scotty's foot, allowing Simon to nail him from behind with a knee to the back, sending Static over the top, to the floor. Singleton with a double-axehandle on Jackson. Singleton & Blanchard clubber Johnny before whipping him into the ropes. Flapjack coming up. SPRINGBOARD DROPKICK by Scotty just as the NNMX were about to hit the FLAPJACK, which was COUNTERED INTO A DOUBLE DDT~!

Cornette pulls Simon out of the ring.

"GPX~! GPX~! GPX~!"

COLE

The crowd chanting "GPX", but let's talk about that incredible reversal from Johnny "Jam" Jackson. Simon & Ned had Johnny up in the air for the Flapjack but Scotty came off the apron with a beautiful spingboard dropkick, causing the Midnights to fall forward, allowing Johnny to cradle their heads for the DDT.

The New New Midnight Express & Jim Cornette huddle on the outside, near Black T who are sitting ringside, enjoying lobster, celebrating T-Bod's birthday by attending the show as fans. Jivin' J.R. serves his boys some more red wine. "Narcissistic" Ned & Cornette basically have to help Simon to his feet, still dazed from that DDT.

Scotty with a PESCADO onto the NNMX & Jim Cornette! Static hurdled the top rope and came down on Cornette & the Express with a cross-bodyblock, then blows a kiss at Black T who sarcastically pretend to blush, acting like a couple of schoolgirls with their first crush. T-Bod shouts "You wish, asshole!"

Back in the ring, GPX flash the NNMX's "X" hand gesture by using their middle fingers, insulting them.

COLE

Jim Cornette got what he wanted. He wanted GPX...he got them live and in living color.

COACH

Also available in Hi-Def.

COLE

If you're just tuning in, yes, you're watching the New New Midnight Express vs. the Global Party XChange for the tag team championship. Hell's Hitmen were attacked earlier tonight... Bill Watts believing Jim Cornette & the NNMX were behind it... Cornette offered his Midnights as replacements... Watts ask GPX if they'd be okay defending the titles against them rather than taking the night off because their original opponents wouldn't be able to compete tonight.

COACH

And Caboose is gone.

COLE

Yeah, we saw what happened to him earlier tonight.

The rapid-fire action from moments ago cools down, Simon & Johnny take in their partners. "Narcissistic" Ned swings over-the-top into the ring, squats down, then stretches his legs/hamstrings. Ned walks around the ring with a slight strut before locking up in a collar-and-elbow tieup. Both men jockey for position. Scotty's in control, backing Ned into the corner. Referee Nick Patrick asks for the clean break, and gets just...the opposite. Ned uses his "educated feet" to catch Static with a quick kick to the abdomen. Blanchard shoves Scotty into the corner...CHOP, CHOP, CHOP.

WOOOOO!

Scotty clutches his chest, his eyes widing with every knife edge chop from "Narcissistic" Ned Blanchard. Knee to the gut, followed by a snapmare. Well done. Ned drops the knee on Static's sternum. Another kneedrop to the sternum. And another, this time on Scotty's forehead.

COACH

1...2...Scotty forcefully kicks out, still too early in the match. Although you never know, all it takes is 3 seconds. It takes Michael Cole three seconds just to ejacu...

COLE

Hey now.

COACH

You're not an all-star.

Ned with a gutwrench suplex. Tagged made to Simon. Singleton heads to the top, about to do what he does best...come off the top with a high-risk maneuver. FLYING KNEEDROP TO THE CHEST. We cut to a shot of Black T watching on, grabbing their chests after that high impact move.

Johnny breaks up the count. From the protection of his corner, Cornette tells it like it is to Johnny, who responses with a pelvic thrust in the direction of the "Clown Prince of Polyster." Sickening how the kiddies act today.

COLE

It's well-known Scotty has broken ribs, and those of you who understand the body know the sternum supports the rib area. Instead of taking time off Scotty works every night in pain. You have to give them that.

COACH

His profession of choice requires physical contact.

OAOAST TICKER: You're watching HeldDOWN~! on TSM... Order AngleSlam (August 29) - Live On Pay-Per-View, call your local cable or satellite provider to order now... Tickets on-sale tomorrow for The following cities: Chicago, IL; San Jose, CA; Atlanta, GA; San Antonio, TX; Malibu, CA; Louisville, KY... The lastest edition of OAOAST Magazine on-sale now... Bored on Mondays? Catch Thrillogy on Late Night w/Conan O'Brien Monday night at 12:30 a.m. eastern time on NBC

Simon rolls Scotty over on his stomach. He wraps up Static's ankles, grabs his chin and swings back. BOW & ARROW. A submission maneuver rarely used nowadays. Simon pulls back on the chin and ankles, increasing the amount of pressure not only on the chin and ankles but the sternum area as well. "Narcissistic" Ned taunts Johnny "Jam" Jackson into the ring, forcing the referee to turn his attention away from Simon & Scotty to Johnny, allowing Ned to come in and kick Scotty in the face with the flat of the boot. Ned rushes out of the ring once Johnny returns to his corner, rubbing his hands through his hair like nothing had nothing.

Jim Cornette, being the managerial genius that he is, gets the crowd to chant "SCOTTY" after beginning a mock chant. He covers up his ears, which sparks a louder chant of...

"LET'S GO SCOTTY. LET'S GO!" *clap clap clap clap clap*

Static fights out of the bow & arrow by BITING Simon's FINGERS, forcing him to release the hold. On all floors, Scotty catches Simon with a couple of REVERSE ELBOW'S TO THE FACE. Static SLAMS Singleton's HEAD INTO THE MAT, then GRINDS it against the canvas! Simon rubs his face trying to ease the mat burn. Cornette screams at Simon to keep Scotty, who's crawling towards the center of the ring, near their corner.

COLE

(in fakest enthusuastic voice)

Come on, Scotty! You can do it. You can do it! You're so close, yet so far. You're almost there...

"Narcissistic" Ned enters the ring and nails Johnny "Jam" with a forearm shot, knocking him down to the floor, just as Scotty drove for the tag. Blanchard with a front facelock...SLINGSHOT SUPLEX.

Ned puts his hands in the air, telling the referee "Okay, okay. I'm going back. I'm going back."

COLE

Damn him! If it weren't for "Narcissistic" Ned Scotty would of made the tag. Scotty has to go through more hell. Simon tags in Blanchard, who does a funny-looking dance as he delivers a PILEDRIVER. Ned pins Scotty with one finger. What narcissism.

COACH

They don't call him "Narcissistic" Ned for nothin'.

3!

HELL NO! Scotty kicked out. Cornette rests his head on the apron, upset Ned didn't cover Static more effectively. Ned slaps himself for the arrogant cover.

Ned with the tag. "Sarcastic" Simon scoopes up Scotty. SLINGSHOT BACKBREAKER! Singleton motions to the top. Ned comes into the ring, places one hand under Simon's thigh, the other near on his upper chest. He launches (pun intended) Simon off the turnbuckle. ROCKET LAUNCHER!

No! Scotty GOT HIS KNEES UP. Simon nearly falls outside the ring after impact. "Narcissistic" Ned clubbers Scotty's back. He whips him into the ropes. No! Static reversed it and whipped Ned into the ropes. Johnny "Jam" pulls down the top rope, causing Blanchard to fall over-the-top to the floor. Cornette waddles over to assist "Narcissistic" Ned. Scotty slowly crawls to his corner, each inch building to the dramatic HOT TAG~! There it is, nearly blowing the roof off the place. Scotty stays down by his corner. "Sarcastic" Simon charges J.J. but is taken back to the 7th grade. Johnny sends Simon down with right hands. He ducks an attempted clothesline and connects with a DROPKICK. Scotty joins his partner. They hammer "Sarcastic" Simon with punches, knocking one-half of the NNMX into the ropes. Irish whip. Scotty leapfrogs over Simon, as does Scotty.

BOOM!

DOUBLE HIP TOSS!

Scotty Static swings over-the-top onto "Narcissistic" Ned & James E. Cornette. In the ring, Johnny lifts up Simon in a cradle position, perhaps a spinebuster coming up. What power being shown by the 21-year-old out of the 313 in Detroit Rock City. Scotty is climbing to the top. Johnny squats down and leans over, exposing "Sarcastic" Simon's head. Simon shakes his head no. THE VEGOMATIC~!

COLE

The Global Party XChange just used the Midnight's own maneuver on them. My goodness! But they aren't done yet. Jackson's calling for it, that pumphandle into piledriver move he's calls the "Beat Drop".

BEAT DROP~!

Scotty knocks Cornette off the ring apron.

3!

NOT YET! "Narcissistic" Ned pulls Johnny out of the ring. The two exchange punches, the sweat flying out of their hair with every punch. Johnny's partner Scotty helps him out, grabbing Ned from behind and telling JJ to go finish off Simon. Static & Blanchard fall on the floor, one trying to escape and the other trying to hold on. Back in the ring, Johnny with another cover:

Simon kicks out! Johnny looks towards the heavens--thinking maybe we should've gone for the pin after the Vegomatic. You can't think about that now. If "Narcissistic" Ned doesn't break up the pin moments ago, this match is over.

Back outside Ned's still trying to break the death grip of Scotty. Ned tries using reverse elbows, counter moves, to break free but Static has him well positioned. Ned has one last alternative: ram Scotty into the steel guardrails. He does just that, backing Scotty into the guardrailing until he let's go. Remember, Scotty broked those ribs after Hell's Hitmen hit him with that powerbomb-clothesline combination on the concrete floor a few weeks back, and the NNMX worked over that region of the body earlier in the match. If you've ever had a bruised rib, you know how hard it is just to breathe, so imagine the pain he must be feeling with a broken one.

COACH

I'm feeling left out, so...BOO-YAH!

Finally, after the fourth attempt, Ned breaks free, then tosses Scotty over the railing onto the laps of none other than the previous tag team champions Black T, tipping over their wine and lobster. Dan & T-Bod rise to their feet, wiping the dripping red wine off their elegant shirts--none of those $5.99 K-Mart t-shirts either, custom-made $5,000 dress shirts here, folks.

J.R. (Off Screen, but we can hear him screaming)

Did you see that?! Scotty drove over the security railing to attack Black T. They're trying to enjoying the show, and that coward, Scotty Static, assaults them. Uncalled. Un-F'N-called for. I'm ashamed to be working in the same company as those thugs.

COLE

What?! He must be watching a different match.

The crowd throws garbage at Black T after they tossed Scotty back over the railing. Black T cuss out the fans, saying they're just trying to enjoying the show. Dan picks up the silver platter that held Black T's lobster and looks at it, upset that a $3,000 dinner has gone to waste. Jim Cornette tries to enter the ring so he can freshen up Simon, but referee Nick Patrick stops him on the apron. In the ring, Johnny notices what Black & T-Bod have done but has 2 major decisions to make -- save his partner, or go for the win. Realizing if he can't get a quick pin he'll be at a 2-on-1 disadvantage, he decides to help his partner who's getting stomped by Ned outside the ring. JJ runs the ropes to pick up momentum. He dives between the top and middle rope. "Narcissistic" Ned turns around, and with a deer-in-the-headlights look, freezes. Down goes Blanchard.

BAM~!

Dan Black nailed Johnny with that SILVER PLATTER across his face! J.J. was going for a plancha but T-Bod shoved Ned out of the way, allowing Dan a clear shot. Johnny is just inches away from his partner, Scotty, who's clutching those ribs like there's no tomorrow.

COACH

We're gonna have no champs, Mikey. Hell's Hitmen must be watching on--assuming they've awoken in the mental ward--with great joy. James E. has said the NNMX are winning one for hell's pyschopaths.

COLE

Yeah, after they had them taken out. Everybody knows Cornette couldn't stand those two.

"Narcissistic" Ned tosses Johnny back into the ring. Noticeably in pain Scotty tries to pull himself up, using the guardrail, but T-Bod SMASHES A WINE BOTTLE over his head, spilling all the red wine on the protective mats outside. T-Bod looks at the camera with grin on his face.

Simon with the cover:

COLE

No. No. Nooo!

3!

Referee Nick Patrick WAVES IT OFF, saying Johnny just got the shoulder up, infuriating Jim Cornette, who had his run-in with Patrick weeks ago, to the point where the board of directors kept Patrick from officiating tag title bouts until they cleared him of allegations Jim Cornette filed against him, how he wasn't fit to referee and was biased against the NNMX.

Simon & Ned double-team JJ, then whip him into the ropes. He ducks a double-clothesline attempt and hits one of his own. The crowd stands firmly behind Johnny, chanting his name. Jackson ducks a right hand from Blanchard and lifts him up for a back suplex, but Ned floats over and nails Johnny behind the head with an ENZIGURI, bouncing him off the turnbuckle right into the grasps of "Sarcastic" Simon's SMALL PACKAGE.

3!

COLE

Damnit!

* DING DING DING *

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, the winners, and new professional wrestling tag team champions of the world, "Sarcastic" Simon & "Narcissistic" Ned, the New New Midnight Express.

Simon & Ned raise their arms in victory, elated. Michael Buffer hands referee Nick Patrick the brand new $30,000 tag title belt along with the old tinted blue belts the NNMX stole from GPX after they defeated Black T for the titles two weeks ago. Cornette swipes the belts away from Nick Patrick. He jumps -- or at least we think he's jumping -- around the ring, obviously thrilled his Midnights are now the titleholders. He asks Buffer to repeat the decision as he gives all four belts to his men.

BUFFER

Once again, you're winners, and NEW OAOAST tag team champions, "Sarcastic" Simon & "Narcissistic" Ned, the New New Midnight Express.

The NNXM kiss the belts then strap them around their waists. The NNMX pose with Cornette holding the tinted blue belts behind them.

COLE

The NNMX own all the tag team gold. I wouldn't call this an upset, but a major shocker here tonight. We had come into tonight thinking GPX would defend the titles against Hell's Hitmen, but they were taken out by either the NNMX and/or Black T.

COACH

Allegedly, Michael Cole. Allegedly.

COLE

Call whatever you want, evidence points to either the Midnights or Black T.

COACH

Watts seems to think it was the NNMX. Hey, for all we know, it could of been an act of God. He doesn't like the Devil, you know?

COLE

In any event, the New New Midnight Express have defeated the Global Party XChange to become tag team champions. It was a great back-and-forth match that saw Black T get involved towards the end.

COACH

Since you're obviously biased, let THE COACH recap the events. Scotty Static tried to assault Black T on live national television, until Dan Black & T-Bod defend themselves. Some drunk in the crowd threw a wine bottom which unfortunately hit Scotty in the head, knocking him out. Johnny begged for mercy in the ring, but this is wrestling, and the NNMX finished him off.

COLE

You'd make a great fiction writer, you know that?

COACH

I only speak the truth. I guess that means it's Black T vs. the New New Midnight Express at AngleSlam.

COLE

You think?

COLE

What a tough month-and-a-half it's been for GPX. They managed to keep fighting...but it was too much for them this week. We'll be... We'll be right back.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

COACH

hehehehehee! As Mikey mentioned much earlier in the show, he recently caught up with a pretty flamboyant dude. Did you have fun?

COLE

Oh, I’ve never had more fun in my life. *mumbles something*

COACH

I heard you two really hit it off! Roll footage!

[We fade to a shot of Michael Cole walking up to the front door of a home. He rings the doorbell. And the door opens, revealing "El Guapo Guerrero" Rick Shirley. Rick is in purple parachute pants and a Vikings 69 jersey.]

"EL GUAPO GUERRERO" RICK SHIRLEY

Well damn.. I must have been a good boy this year.

[Cole groans slightly]

MICHAEL COLE

Well, I don't do this often.

SHIRLEY

Oh Cole, you can do me all you want.

COLE

You know, this is disgusting.

SHIRLEY

It's Heinous.. come on in to the Lovecastle!

[Cole enters the house, and walks into a living room with powderblue wallpaper and a red couch. Cole sits down on the couch.]

SHIRLEY

I want these Oww-asst fans to know and love me. I was one of them. I'm a big fan.

COLE

That's nice to know.

SHIRLEY

Oh yeah, Zack Malibu is the hottest thing i've evah seen. That counts you Cole.

COLE

Okay..

SHIRLEY

My god.. that Zack Malibu.. you gotta be hot like the sun to have the big gold and let me tell you Cole.. I want to do some Judo with him.

COLE

Well, what are your goals for the OAOAST? And please, answer with something that doesn't imply sex.

SHIRLEY

It's not my problem that some people are perverts. Like you Cole. Peeeervert. I'm a bit of a pervert. But I bring my lunch and I can put a guy in line if I need to. I'm not here to french Zack Malibu, Hoff or Candie. I'm not here to get with Scotty Static or whatever. I'm here to win. I know that I can succeed. I have moves Cole. Do you want me to demonstrate them on you?

COLE

No thanks

SHIRLEY

Damn, I thought you were like that Cole. My world is shaaaattered.

COLE

Well, in the next few weeks, we'll see you in actio--

SHIRLEY

Awww yeah Cole. Let me tell you this Big Boy. I will unleash my pink mist, the deadly mist from Japan. I will do my kiss of death. I will take you to Heartbreak Hotel. I will hump you on the bed, and leave you alone in the morning. I will leave you breathless Cole. I'm just too damn handsome for the women and the men to handle. Trust me Cole.

COLE

Sure

[shirley starts to lick his bicep]

COLE

Oh my..

SHIRLEY

Do you want a taste? Cole.. I will go like a tornado over the Ow-asst and I will emerge as the top dog in the herd. Cole.. do you want to go to my bedroom?

[Cole gets up and paces towards the door.]

COLE

No, sorry, gotta go

SHIRLEY

Damn, nobody fucks on the first date these days.

[Cole exits from the home and runs towards the street. We fade to commercial]

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

"It's Goin' Down" hits the PA system, and the arena lights fade to black. A dim blue hue covers the arena, and white strobe lights flash upon the entrance.

Watch them flee!

Watch them flee!

Wa...Wa...Watch them flee! [hip hop hits]

*Scratch**Scratch*

And you do it like this...

The crowd boos wildly as Chris Bryte steps out from the back followed by Kevin Yancy Taylor. Bryte's not his usual jovial self as he and Taylor walk down the entrance ramp with purpose.

BUFFER

The following contest is scheduled for one fall. Currently coming down the aisle, accompanied by his uncle and media respresentative, Kevin Yancy Taylor...he hails from Topeka, Kansas and weighs in tonight at 175 pounds...CHRRRIIISSSSSS....BRRRRRRYYYYTE!

COLE

Here we go, fans. Bryte and Taylor heading down to the ring to do battle with Tina, and Bryte is not happy at all.

COACH

Not at all, Mikey. Bryte's still feeling the sting of that loss to Jackie Gayda on the house show, and he could be staring at another loss here tonight at the hands of Tina. Homegirl's no joke! Like I said earlier on, she almost beat him last time they fought.

COLE

Indeed! Tina lost that last match thanks to The Hand! He's not here tonight thanks to the number Panther did on him at License to Pin, and I'd reckon that we won't be seeing that man for quite some time, so Tina's chances for victory are greater than ever tonight.

COACH

Definitely. I think the only problem with her, though, is that head injury. Has she completely healed from that fractured skull, cuz Mikey, you know that Bryte won't hesitate to go after that head. He'll try and put her right back on the shelf.

COLE

And then you have to factor Panther into the equation. Earlier on, we heard Bill Watts tell him to adhere to that restraining order that Bryte and Taylor have filed against him, because if Panther is arrested one more time, that's it for he AND Tina! They're both gone! And fans...joining us right now is none other than the #1 asshole--I mean broadcast journalist in the biz, Kevin Taylor.

TAYLOR

Har, har, har, Cole. Ya know, I couldn't help but notice that the two of you were a man short, so I figured the two of you might need a little bit of assistance here tonight! Well never fear, because I...KEVIN...YANCY...TAYLOR, am here to offer my services to you tonight. And I am here to show you and everyone watching at home exactly what a REAL commentator should be like. Pay attention and take notes, gentlemen.

COLE

Please.

Bryte's music dies down as he awaits Tina in the ring.

WHO'S THE BADDEST CHICK

The arena lights drop as Faith Evans' "You Gets No Love (remix)" hits the PA system. The crowd gives a good-sized pop as bright red spotlights flood the arena and begin roaming the crowd. A dim red spotlight emits from the entrance, highlighting the silhouette of a female figure, and as fans begin clapping in unison to the beat of the pulsating Eurhythmics sample, that light from the entrance gets brighter...and brighter...and brighter...until a series of pyro sparks go off at the set, starting from opposite ends of the stage and converging in front of the entrance. The crowd pops as Tina steps out from the locker room and walks out to the edge of the stage with a look of determination in her eyes.

I tell you why there's no love

Simply you're not cool enough

For what we had between us

Don't you know you lost my trust

Tina tosses her hair back and thrusts her arms into the air, and on cue, more pyro sparks begin to fire down from the rafters behind her. She continues her path to ringside.

BUFFER

And his opponent, hailing from Philadelphia, PA, and weighing in at 175 pounds, she is known as The Superwoman and THE BADDEST CHICK in Pro Wrestling....TIIIIIIIIINNNAAA!!!

Tina wastes no time in sliding into the ring, where Bryte immediately pounces on her with a judo chop to the back of the head.

*DING DING DING*

COLE

The bell sounds, and this thing is under way!

TAYLOR

Get her, Chris!

Tina tries to get back to her feet, but Bryte is all over her, nailing her with hard shots to the neck and the back of the head. He grabs Tina by the hair and lifts her back to her feet, where he begins tearing into her with vicious knee lifts to the forehead and the bridge of her nose. The last knee lift sends Tina staggering back into the ropes, at which point, Bryte rips into her with a hard chop to the chest. Another one. Irish whip sends her into the far side, Tina ducks the high kick coming off. Bryte tries to catch her coming off with a backbreaker or a sidewalk slam, but Tina rides through it and manages to take Bryte over with a satelite headscissors, drawing a pop from the crowd. Bryte right back to his feet and charges at Tina, but runs right into a reverse elbow and flops to the canvas. Tina drops down with him and mounts, and begins raining down rights and left hands to Bryte's head. She then grabs Bryte's throat with both hands, and begins choking away. The referee steps in to stop her.

REF

C'mon, Tina! 1...2...3...4...BREAK THE CHOKE!

She doesn't, and the ref is forced to grab her around the waist and physically pry her off of Bryte. He muscles her back to his feet, but gets dropped by a reverse elbow from the Superwoman. She then turns back to Bryte, who's crawling to the ropes, breathing deep breaths trying to get some air back into his lungs. A smile comes across Tina's face, and as Bryte reaches his feet, Tina charges at him and catches him with a HARD clothesline, catching him with such force that they both go tumbling over the top rope and to the outside. The crowd cheers in the background and starts to chant for Tina.

COLE

This crowd is solidly behind Tina!

TAYLOR

Figures they would be. The harlot should've been DQ'd after putting her hands on the official the way she did! But of course, being the biased announcers that you are, you completely turn a blind eye to it!

We cut backstage momentarily, showing Panther watching the match on a monitor! We then cut back to ringside, where Bryte is crawling towards the stairs.

COLE

Chris Bryte headed towards those stairs, what is he...oh no.

The crowd clamors as Bryte grabs the top layer of the stairs and lifts it off their hinges.

COLE

Wait a minute now.

TAYLOR

Now, now, Cole! After the rulebreaking we've seen from Tina, I think this is completely fair.

COLE

Bryte has those stairs! Bryte coming after Tina...

COACH

Tina...watch out...

*CLANG*

The crowd pops as Tina dropkicks the stairs right back into Bryte's face, sending him to the floor. With Bryte trapped under the stairs, Tina leaps on them with a double stomp, crushing him underneath. She does it a second time, then climbs up onto the apron. She motions for the crowd to "get up" as she climbs up onto the second buckle.

TAYLOR

What the hell is that witch doing now?!

She points to the heavens with her right hand, and when Bryte shoves the stairs up off of his face, Tina dives from the top rope and comes down across Bryte with a tremendous flying elbow drop to the throat. The crowd comes to its feet as Bryte's body convulses on the ringside mats!

TAYLOR

She is insane!

COLE

What a move by Tina! Chris Bryte is down on the outside! She is hurt!

COACH

It looks like she may have hurt herself on that one, though! Look.

Tina is limping slightly when she returns to her feet. She shakes her left leg for a moment, then reaches down and pulls Bryte back to his feet. Tina nails him with a knife edge chop to the back of the head, then slams his face into the ring apron before rolling him under the bottom rope and into the ring. She then heads back onto the apron, and with Bryte lying parallel to the ropes, Tina yanks back on the top rope and propells herself over with a somesault leg drop (connecting with her left leg). Cover...1...2...no! Only two!

COLE

Tina got a nearfall there...

TAYLOR

Look at that leg, Chris! Look at the leg.

Tina favors her left leg a bit before pulling herself back to her feet. She then reaches down and grabs Bryte by the hair...but he picks her ankle, and a single leg takedown puts Tina flat on her back.

COLE

Uh oh! Bryte's got that leg.

TAYLOR

Get get out the stop watches, boys! We won't be here for long!

Bryte holds Tina's left leg as he pulls himself back to his feet, turning into it with a spinning toe hold. The crowd "WHOOS" in anticipation for a figure four, but Tina uses her right leg to boot Bryte away. Undaunted, Bryte goes for another spinning toe hold, but when he reaches for the right leg, Tina grabs him by the head and pulls him over into an inside cradle. The referee slides in position for the count...

NO! Bryte manages to kick out after two!

COACH

How close was that?

Both scramble back to their feets, and when they turn to face each other, Bryte takes Tina down with another single leg. Bryte tries to yank her out to the center of the ring, but Tina grabs hold of the bottom rope, preventing him from doing so. Bryte continues tugging on the leg, trying to yank her off the ropes, and after a moment or two of struggle, he finally succeeds. He drags her out to the center of the ring and goes for another spinning toe hold, but as he turns into it, Tina boots him in the ass and sends him stumbling forward and to the outside. The crowd cheers as Bryte smacks off the ringside mats once again.

COACH

Well Taylor, if Bryte took this match to show he can't be beaten by a woman, he's sure doing a bad job of proving that point.

TAYLOR

Shut up, you. The woman has been cheating every step of the way! C'mon Chris.

Bryte slowly pulls himself back to his feet on the outside as Tina eyes him from the ring.

COLE

Tina's measuring Bryte for something.

TAYLOR

Oh no, Chris! Look out!

Tina hits off the ropes and comes at Bryte with a baseball slide...

*CLANG*

...but Bryte manages to side step the move and fling Tina backfirst into the guardrail. Tina cringes in pain as Bryte takes a step back to catch his breath.

TAYLOR

Get on her, Chris! Get on her! Don't give her a moment to breathe!

Bryte moves in on her and catches her with a hard forearm to the jaw. Knee lift to the gut doubles Tina over. He then grabs Tina by the back of her tights and turns towards the ringpost with evil intensions.

COACH

Uh oh!

COLE

Remember the head injury.

Bryte charges forward and tries to send Tina into the post, but at the last second, she reverses the momentum, and Bryte catches a face full of steel. The impact causes Bryte to spin out, and he goes flailing onto the announce position, right in front of Uncle Kev.

COACH

Bryte hit that post hard.

COLE

He could be out!

TAYLOR

No! Get up, Chris! Get up.

Tina shakes her leg loose once again and heads over towards Bryte's prone body at Sofa Central. There, she's confronted by an angry Taylor.

TAYLOR.(to Tina)

BITCH! WHORE! SLUT! You make me sick, you know that?! You make me absolutely--

*THUD*

Tina pie-faces Taylor, causing him to fall back and hit his head on the guardrail. She then turns back to Bryte...

*CRASH*

GETS A COFEE MUG SHATTERED OVER HER HEAD! The crowd boos as Tina goes down like she's been shot.

COLE

Tina is down! Chris Bryte...son of a bitch, he just shattered that mug over her head.

COACH

And again, remember that head injury, Mikey!

COLE

Tina is hurt, and she may be hurt badly.

Backstage, Panther is on the edge of his seat, concern written all over his face. Back at ringside, Bryte lifts a limp Tina back to her feet by the hair--she's bleeding from the forehead. Bryte begins screaming in her face, shouting all sorts of obscenities before charging forward and slamming her headfirst into the ringpost. Tina stumbles back into the guardrail, dazed. Bryte flashes a smile to the crowd before grabbing Tina by the hair and sending her into the post a second time. This time, Tina goes tumbling to the ground. Bryte slaps her in the back of the head to add insult to injury.

COLE

The ref may need to stop this thing here!

Now back to his feet, Taylor rushes over to Bryte's side, and begins egging him on. Bryte nails Tina with a hard kick to the head. A second one. A third. Taylor then spins Bryte around, and begins signalling for something.

COLE

What the hell is he doing?

COACH

I think...he's telling Bryte to lift something.

COLE

Oh no!

A smile comes across Bryte's face as he steps over Tina's body and begins lifting up the ringside mats. The crowd boos wildly in the background.

COLE

Oh c'mon now! He's trying to hurt this woman!

Bryte's grinning from ear to ear as he grabs Tina in a front headlock and drags her over to the exposed concrete. He then tosses her arm up over his head, and hooks her tights.

COLE

Oh no! No! Don't do that!

COACH

We've seen this before!

Bryte lifts Tina up into suplex position, holding her high above his head to allow her to thing about it. Then...

*WHAM*

...drops her in a brainbuster on the exposed concrete. Backstage, Panther buries his face in his hands.

COLE

Damn it to hell!!! Chris Bryte...son of a bitch...

COACH

I think we need some help out here.

Bryte has an almost crazed look in his eyes as he lifts Tina off the concrete and rolls her into the ring. He follows her in, and is confronted by the official, who tries to get Bryte under control, but Bryte shoves him hard to the canvas, earning mad heat from the crowd. Bryte then uses Tina's hair to lift her limp body off the canvas, and with the crowd booing him mercilessly, he scoops her up over his shoulder, lifts her into the air, then drops her down in the Bryte out! Tina lands spread eagle on the mat, and Bryte eyes her with a sinister smile. He then makes a nonchalant cover, and tells the referee to count it...

NO! Bryte pulls her up.

COLE

Oh c'mon, no!!! This is unneccessary!

A giddy Taylor cheers Bryte on from the outside as he grabs Tina by the hair and lifts him up over his shoulder again. Cups begin flying into the ring as Bryte lifts her into the air and drops her down with a second Bryte out. Another nonchalant cover from the Bryte man...

NO! He pulls her up again. The referee gets up in Bryte's face.

REFEREE

Stop it, Chris! You're gonna kill her! You're gonna kill her!

*THUD*

Bryte shoves the ref to the canvas. Angered, the official calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

BUFFER

Here is your winner, as a result of a disqualification: TIIIIIINAAA!

The crowd pops for the announcement, but their cheers are quickly silenced as Bryte drops to his knees and begins hammering down upon Tina with rapid-fire rights to the forehead and temple. He then yanks the unconscious Superwoman back to her feet again. The ref again tries to stop him, but a high kick to the temple sends him flailing to the canvas. Taylor claps on the outside as Bryte scoops Tina up again, and drops her down in one more Bryte Out. Backstage, Panther is pacing like a madman as he watches the assault on Tina. Just then, Kevin Taylor slide into the ring and drops a kendo stick on the canvas.

COLE

Tina is being assaulted out here by Chris Bryte, and now what is this? What are they gonna do to her now?

Bryte and Taylor lift Tina up and drags her over to the ropes, using the top and middle ropes to tie her arms up. Tina lies motionless in the ropes, helpless and bleeding as Taylor hands the kendo stick to Bryte. Chants of "We Want Panther" start up in the crowd.

COLE

This crowd is chanting for Panther...

COACH

But what can he do? You heard what Watts said earlier on! If he comes out here and violates that restraining order, he's fired! He'll NEVER get another shot at Bryte, then.

That situation is obviously weighing heavily on Panther's mind as he watches the monitor intently. Officials rush the ring to help Tina out, but Bryte sends them scrambling with the kendo stick. He then turns back to Tina with a smile.

COLE

Oh no! Please, don't! Bryte, don't do it!

*CRACK*

He nails Tina with a HARD shot to the head!

*CRACK*

Another!

*CRACK*

Another!

*CRACK*

ANOTHER!

*CRACK*

AND ANOTHER! Blood is pouring from Tina's head as Bryte begins to yell more insults at her. By this time, Panther can take no more, and begins to head out to ringside.

COLE

Hey! Here comes Panther.

COACH

But what about what Watts said! What about...

COLE

This is more important than some job! Bryte is trying to kill Tina out here!

Panther rushes through the hallways, up to the gorilla position and through the entrance, sprinting down the ramp to ringside as Bryte continues to talk trash to Tina. Taylor spots Panther headed down to the ring and alerts Bryte, and the pair makes a quick escape as Panther slides to the ring. Panther heads straight to his bloody girlfriend and begins to attend to her, carefully freeing her from the ropes, and clutching her battered body in his arms. By this time, 3 police officers are headed down to the ring.

COLE

Oh no! Don't tell me...

COACH

Well...Panther did violate the restraining order!

COLE

But that's his girlfriend, Coach! I mean, really! How do you expect a man to just sit back while the woman he loves is just...just assaulted in the ring! Tina's hurt bad.

Panther continues to attend to Tina in the ring as Bryte, Taylor and the officiers look on from the floor. Unsympathetic, Bryte orders the police officers to arrest Panther. "He violated the restraining order", says Bryte. "ARREST HIM" The officers have a little more sympathy than Bryte, though. "That's his girlfriend, man!" Says the one of the officers. Furious, Bryte turns to another officer and tries to get him to arrest Panther, but he too, is reluctant. Bryte turns to the third, but gets similar results.

Frustrated, Bryte hauls off and blasts one of the officers in the head with the kendo stick.

COLE

Hey! What the hell?!

The two others try to grab him, but they catch shots as well. With the officers down, Bryte heads into the ring himself, creeps up behind Panther and...

*WHAM*

...blasts him with a hard shot to the back of the head. Panther's body falls on top of the injured Tina, and the boos are deafening as Bryte continues to beat Panther with the kendo stick while he's down. Meanwhile, Kevin grabs two pairs of handcuffs from the fallen cops and tosses them in to Bryte.

COACH

What the hell is he doing now?!

COLE

Both Panther and Tina are down...oh no!

Taylor enters the ring to help Bryte out as they drag Panther's limp body to the ropes. They cuff Panther's left arm to the top rope, then do the same with the right. Then, with a smile on his face, Bryte rips Panther's jersey off, leaving his back exposed. He then grabs the kendo stick, turns to Panther and...

*CRACK*

...nails him with a HARD shot across the back.

*CRACK*

...a second one! A third! A fourth! A fifth!

COLE

Bryte is relentlessly beating Panther now! C'mon!!! Get some help out here! Somebody stop this!

Bryte continues to beat Panther, stopping only when a group of cops rush the ring and tackle him. The crowd boos Bryte as he's wrestled to the canvas and cuffed by the cops. Taylor an escape into the crowd as the cops drag Bryte back to his feet and drag him away from ringside. In the ring, officials attend to Panther and Tina, who are both bleeding profusely.

COLE

I can't believe this, fans! This is horrible! Just horrible....we'll...um...we'll be back. Just horrible....just horrible....

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

Woke Up This Morning

Got Yourself A Gun

Mama Always Said You’d Be

The Chosen One

COLE

And now it’s time for the X-Division Title matchup! Folks, the story of this match: Can Rick Edwards successfully defend his coveted championship against the highly-talented Leon Rodez?

COACH

Or, to be more specific: Will Drek Stone play a role in whether or not Rick successfully defends his title against Leon Rodez?

Drek Stone walks out of the entranceway to a loud chorus of boos. He walks down to the ring confidently in his striped referee’s shirt, trying to act as professionally as he can. Unlike most other nights, tonight, he doesn’t seem too interested in proudly accepting the distaste of the fans. Rolling into the ring, he doesn’t even bother to pound his chest and watch the fireworks. He actually seems set on carrying out his duties tonight as the special referee.

COLE

There definitely had to be a reason he wanted to be so heavily involved in this match tonight. But is it to hurt Leon? Or is it to hurt Rick?

COACH

Maybe it’s just to see a high-caliber matchup in our X-Division! Is that not possible?!

COLE

I wouldn’t think so.

COACH

Yeah. Me neither.

“You Sexy Thing” by Hot Chocolate starts to play throughout the rena as Leon Rodez walks onto the ramp, much to the cheers of the crowd. Rodez slowly walks down to the ring, trying to slap hands with the fans, but his attention is clearly focused on the referee awaiting in the ring. He walks into the ring and raises his arms to the crowd, receiving a nice reaction in return. With confusion, he then turns his head to Drek Stone, who tries giving him a reassuring look.

COACH

Drek is really looking like he’s trying to smooth things out with Leon Rodez.

COLE

But can you really blame Leon for not being willing to accept this sudden friendship? How many other people have trusted Drek Stone and haven’t been screwed?

COACH

How many other people have trusted Drek Stone and had the chance to walk away later?

“Tear Away” by Drowning Pool blasts over the loudspeakers as Rick Edwards steps out of the curtains to a good ovation. With the X-Title hanging over his shoulder, he walks down to the ring with determination obvious in his eyes. Rolling into the ring, he hands his championship belt to the referee, then slowly stares at Leon Rodez, who is staring back just as intently at him.

COLE

Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we go. Leon Rodez. Rick Edwards. The X-Title is on the line!

*DING! DING! DING!*

Rick Edwards and Leon Rodez slowly walk to the center of the ring. Rick extends his right hand, willing to shake hands with Leon before the match starts. Hesitantly, Leon stares at Rick for a second, then goes forward to shake his hand. Rick grabs his hand but, with impressive speed, quickly moves behind Leon and brings him down to the mat with a waistlock takedown.

COLE

And Rick rapidly outmanuevers Leon in the opening moments of the match.

COACH

You have to wonder how Leon’s attention is going to be changed in this match. You think he would have fallen for that kind of move if Drek Stone wasn’t standing over his shoulder?

After hitting the mat, Leon quickly rolls out of the way and stands right back up. He addresses Rick with a smile, somewhat impressed that Edwards was able to trick him with a simple manuever. Meanwhile, he completely misses the disapproving frown that Drek is staring at him with only a few feet away. Leon walks back to Rick, and the two men quickly lock up in a grapple. After only a second, Leon brings Rick down to the mat with an armdrag. He grabs Rick’s arm, trying to lock in an armbar, but Rick quickly somersaults out of the move. He bounces back up to his feet and charges at Leon, but is brought down with yet another armdrag. This time, Leon is able to lock in a follow-up armbar.

COLE

Now, this time, Leon has managed to take the quck advantage!

Rick moves up to his feet, but Leon shifts the hold into a hammerlock behind Rick’s back. Drek obnoxiously starts screaming in Rick’s face, asking if he’s ready to submit. Leon eyes Drek suspiciously, allowing Rick the opportunity to shift out of Leon’s unattentive hammerlock. He quickly edges behind Leon’s back, hooks his right arm from behind, and brings him down to the mat with a reverse hiptoss! Instead of landing on his back, Leon lands right on his chest!

COACH

Now, E-Coli, we have to wonder. Did Drek really mean to take the attention away from Leon? Or was it just something inadvertent that happened?

COLE

I really don’t…….wait. E-Coli?

COACH

Yeah. Your name is Cole. Add “E” in front of it. “I” at the end of it. E-Coli. Pretty catchy, I thought.

COLE

Even when Caboose isn’t here, he still manages to be present in spirit.

Noticeably stunned, Leon moves himself to his knees, but Rick doesn’t give him the opportunity to recover. He darts forward, and brings Leon straight down to the mat with a spinning heel kick. Rick scrambles over to make the cover.

ONE…..

TWO…..

KICKOUT. Although he’s surprised from these attacks, Leon isn’t near ready to be pinned yet. Drek, to his credit, counted the pinfall quite normally.

COLE

And I think the gloves are now off. Both men tried to start the match as scientifcally as possible, but make no mistake about it. This match is going to be high-impact.

Leon makes an attempt to get back up under his own power, but Rick doesn’t give him the opportunity. He pulls Leon up by his hair, pushes up into the corner, and…

*SMACK*

“WHOO!”

…gives him a nasty chop across the chest. Rick rears back again and…

*SMACK*

“WHOO!”

….delivers yet another nasty chop. But Leon, with quick speed, grabs Rick by the neck and reverses the situation, pushing Rick into the corner. This time, Leon rears back and…

*SMACK*

“WHOO!”

….delivers his own chop across the chest of Rick Edwards. He steps back, looking as if he’s ready to deliver another chop, but Rick uses his strength to violently shove Leon away from him. Leon hits the mat and rolls backward, rising back to his feet. Rick charges forward, and Leon suddenly hits him with a beautiful standing dropkick into the face!

COACH

What athleticism from Leon Rodez!

Rick hits the mat, and Leon quickly falls on top of him for the pinfall.

ONE….

TWO….

KICKOUT! With a disparaging frown, Drek shakes his head, making sure Rodez can now clearly see his action. With a curious look on his face – not a scowl, but not quite a smile – Leon turns his attention towards Drek, making sure that Drek knows that Leon saw him shaking his head.

COLE

Once again – Leon is taking his mind off of Rick to address Drek. You can’t make those kinds of mistakes in a match against a guy the likes of Rick Edwards.

COACH

Well, to be honest here – Drek Stone actually isn’t that bad of a motivator. Leon can see he’s unhappy. Leon can try harder to please him.

COLE

I don’t really think that’s what’s in his mind right now...

After a few seconds, Leon gets ready to turn his head back around to face Rick….

.....but quickly gets clotheslined over the top rope by Rick before he can finish his turn!

COACH

Whoa! Rick nearly took Leon’s head off after that!

The fans start applauding the sheer velocity of the move, but they haven’t seen anything yet. Leon begins attempting to get back to his feet, while Rick runs into the opposite ropes. Finally, once Leon manages to get back up, Rick bounces off the ropes, runs back towards Leon…..

…..AND JUMPS OVER THE TOP ROPE WITH A SOMERSAULT PLANCHA ONTO LEON RODEZ!

“Holy Shit! Holy Shit!”

COLE

WHAT A PLANCHA!

COACH

Well, once again, Rick continues to impress me!

The crowd loudly applauds the move, as both men lay on the ground for a little while, trying to gather together their energy. But Drek isn’t willing to let either guy rest too long. As soon as Rick hits the high-flying move, Drek begins his ten count.

ONE….

TWO….

THREE….

COLE

This count is a little fast, don’t you think?

Rick starts moving back to his knees.

FOUR…

FIVE…..

COACH

Not really. This is how the countouts SHOULD be. Not like how that other federation does it. I mean, have you ever seen Mike Chioda try to count to ten? It winds up taking him at least ten minutes. You don’t how many times I’ve tried talking…

COLE

Well, I didn’t mean to get you started on this…

Using his hands to push himself back up, Rick gets back to his feet.

SIX….

With a satisifed smile on his face, Rick rolls back into the ring. Surprise suddenly crosses Drek’s face, and he starts to take his time with the count. Leon has only began to stir himself off the ground

SEVEN….

Rick, with his own confused glance, notices the sudden slowdown of Drek’s count and turns his attention to him. Meanwhile, Leon, nursing his back, has made it back to a standing position.

COLE

Wait just a second. Why did Drek Stone suddenly slow down the count?

COACH

Who knows. Maybe he’s trying to protect his new boy, Leon Rodez. Drek’s a changed man, you know?

EIGHT…..

Leon rolls back into the ring to the mixed reaction from the crowd. Rick silently curses Drek, but moves straight towards Leon, who has now gingerly risen to his feet. Edwards runs forward and tries to bring Leon down with a rapid clothesline. Leon, almost instinctively, ducks the move. But Rick, using his momentum, bounces off the ropes. He runs back forward – AND HITS LEON RODEZ WITH A RUNNING ENZIGUIRI!

COLE

THE DOOMSDAY KICK!

COACH

WHAT A MOVE! IS THE MATCH OVER ALREADY?!

Many in the crowd, still somewhat split in their support of the two men in the ring, loudly cheer after the move! Rick quickly rolls Leon onto his back and makes the count.

ONE….

TWO…..

SHOULDER UP! With a contented sigh, Drek stops the count after Leon kicks out of the move.

COLE

I don’t understand this. Why is he so happy to see that Leon kicked out?

COACH

More high-octane action from these two amazing OAOAST superstars?!

COLE

Not quite. But still a good shill anyway.

Still suspicious of Drek Stone’s motives, Rick eyes him for a second, then moves to the nearest corner. He begins stalking Leon, waiting for him to get off the mat. Leon starts to dizzily rise off the mat, as Rick anxiously braces himself for the upcoming move. Finally, once Leon gets to his knees, Rick CHARGES out of the corner! He runs forward…..jumps up for ANOTHER SHINING WIZARD……AND LEON SUDDENLY DUCKS UNDER IT! Rick goes flying over Leon’s body and hits the mat, much to the surprise of the fans.

COLE

You can’t underestimate the strategy of Leon Rodez! He knew that Rick was scouting him, and he was perfectly prepared for what awaited. You can’t do much better than that!

Leon does his best to rise up as quickly as possible. While Rick almost manages to get back to his feet, Leon grabs from behind with a waistlock and brings him down with a bridging german suplex! Rick’s shoulders are down! Drek quickly drops down and starts the count with unusually quick speed.

ONE…

TWO….

SHOULDER UP! Rick quickly rises his shoulder off the mat and rolls out of the german suplex. The fans immediately begin to boo, sensing just why Drek had decided to count the pinfall so quickly.

COLE

Now what the hell was that?

COACH

Okay….well, maybe it was a little fast.

COLE

Again, I don’t understand the motive here. Is he really trying to help Leon Rodez here? And, if so……why? Doesn’t it matter that Leon clearly doesn’t want any help?!

Leon disgustingly stares at Drek for a few seconds, then slowly starts to pick Rick off the mat. He grabs Rick’s head from behind and sets him up in a reverse DDT position. He begins an attempt to lift Rick up for a reverse suplex, but only manages to get him up a little bit before Rick lands back on his feet. He starts struggling to get out of the move, looking to unwrap Leon’s arm from around his throat. Leon quickly drops down to one knee, driving Rick’s back into his other knee. This stops Rick’s sudden attempts to get out of the move. With the hold still locked in, Leon stands back up. He lifts Rick up with a reverse suplex…..puts him back on his feet behind him….AND HITS HIM WITH A STUNNER!

COACH

OSAKA STREET CUTTER! LEON LEARNED THAT MOVE FROM THE MEAN STREETS OF JAPAN!

COLE

Has he ever even been there?

COACH

DOUBT IT!

Rick slumps down to his knees before falling face-first onto the mat. Leon rolls Rick over to his back and makes the cover.

ONE….

TWO….

SHOULDER UP AGAIN! Once again, the fans boo at the speed of Drek’s pinfall. This time, Leon moves right towards Drek, and stares face-to-face with him.

LEON

I DON’T NEED YOUR HELP! DON’T GIVE ME ANY GOD DAMN PINFALLS!

The fans loudly pop at Leon’s passionate condemnation of the referee’s tactics. Drek, with a reassuring smile, stares back at Leon coolly.

DREK

There’s no fast count here, Leon. Calm down. You’re doing just fine on your own. Just fine, kiddo.

COLE

Kiddo? Is he for real? He’s just patronizing Leon.

COACH

Well, I don’t tink there can be any disputing his motives anymore. He WANTS Leon to win here. What that means for Rick….I just don’t know.

Leon, not wanting to lose his momentum, decides to drop his battle with Drek for the time being. He walks back towards Rick and starts to pick him up off the mat slowly. But Rick suddenly grabs Leon by his head and falls to the mat, wrapping him up in a small package.

ONE….

Leon busts out of the rollup. At this point, the fans are starting to loudly jeer at the games Drek is trying to pull in this match. Rick moves to his feet and stomps over to Drek, screaming angrily in his face.

RICK

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! COUNT THE DAMN PIN!

Once again, Drek tries to calmly address the situation.

DREK

Oh, I am counting the damn pin. It’s not my fault you’re off your game tonight.

But Rick isn’t having any of it. He grabs Drek by his shirt and starts to scream at him.

RICK

YOU THINK I’M KIDDING?! DO YOU?!

Drek tries to keep his calm demeanor, but this time it actually winds up looking more chilling than it did before.

DREK

If you weren’t wrestling my good friend Leon Rodez right now, your ass would have been disqualified the second you grabbed me. You watch yourself, Rick. And let go of my shirt.

Not one to immediately respond to threats, Rick locks his eyes with Drek for a few more seconds, his hand still gripping Drek’s referee shirt. Finally, he starts to loosen the grip, but is suddenly blindsided by a clothesline from behind from Leon. Drek quickly hops out of the corner, not wanting to get in the way of Leon. Rodez starts to scale the turnbuckles with his back to Rick, looking like he’s putting himself in a moonsault position. But, after the clothesline, Rick is speedily able to get back up. Once Leon gets on the top rope, Rick puts his head underneath the legs of Leon and pulls away from the corner. Leon is now sitting directly on Rick’s shoulders. The fans start buzzing as Leon shakes his arms, trying to find an escape. But he’s not quick enough. Rick falls back with an Electric Chair Drop!

COLE

What a high-impact move from Rick Edwards! Even through his anger with Drek Stone, he’s still managing to keep his cool against Leon!

COACH

Well, that’s the mark of a deserving X-Champion.

Many in the crowd cheer loudly after the move, watching Leon’s body literally bounce off the mat. Taking advantage of this chance, Rick pulls Leon by his arm over towards the corner post. Once Leon is in position, Rick speedily climbs to the top turnbuckle. He looks at the fans for a second

….jumps off…..

….AND HITS LEON RODEZ WITH A FLIPPING LEGDROP! Leon’s legs immediately shoot up after the move, but then just as quickly fall back down to the mat.

“Holy Shit! Holy Shit!”

Rick actually winds up rolling his body away after the move, nursing his back that he may have hurt after the move. After a few more moments, he notices that Leon isn’t moving. He crawls over as quickly as he can and makes the cover.

ONE….

TWO…..

SHOULDER UP! LEON JUST MANAGES TO GET A SHOULDER UP! A clear chant of “Rodez! Rodez!” actually starts to break out through the crowd. Rick, getting more frustrated with every near fall, pounds against the mat in aggravation.

COACH

This isn’t the time for Rick to let his emotions get the best of him. He’s so close to retaining the X-Title.

Finally, a smile slowly crosses the face of Rick Edwards as he stands back up to his feet. He slowly slashes his thumb against his throat, receiving quite a loud reaction in return. Limping towards Leon, he slowly starts to scrape him off the mat by his hair. Once he lifts Rodez to his feet, he steps behind him and wraps his arm around his head. He lifts Leon up for a reverse suplex…..but Leon falls back on his feet behind Rick. He grabs Rick in a waistlock, pushes him forward into the ropes, than falls back with a rolling prawn hold.

ONE….

TWO….

KICKOUT!

COLE

What a reversal from Leon Rodez!

Both men immediately rise back up after the move, an urge of adrenaline guiding each of them. Rick runs at Leon with a clothesline, but Leon ducks it, wraps Rick’s arms behind him, and brings him down to the mat with a backslide.

ONE….

TWO….

KICKOUT! Once again, after the pinfall, both men make it up to their feet in only a few seconds.

COACH

One second away from winning his first ever OAOAST Title! You can sense just how much he wants this!

However, Leon Rodez IS up first. He quickly runs into the ropes and, once Rick gets up, jumps over him with a sunset flip. He tries to bring Rick back down, but Edwards swiftly falls to his knees and wraps Leon up in a pinning predicament.

ONE….

TWO….

KICKOUT!

COLE

This time, Rick chooses to show his OWN technical skills.

COACH

Both these men are so evenly matched! Either guy can walk out of here with the title at this point.

The force of the kickout sent Edwards falling forward, directly onto his chest. With both men breathing heavily, they start to make it back up to their feet. Using the ring ropes for support, Leon – once again- gets up first. With the ring ropes acting as an inspiration, Leon suddenly jumps onto the middle rope and springs back with a reverse elbow. But Rick, not falling for the sudden move, grabs a flying Leon from behind with a reverse waistlock. He quickly guides his arm around Leon’s neck, pulls his neck back, and without hesitiation, lifts him up for a reverse suplex. On the way down, HE HITS HIM WITH THE DIAMOND CUTTER!

COLE

SUPERMAN’S DEAD! SUPERMAN’S DEAD! RICK EDWARDS JUST HIT LEON RODEZ WITH HIS FINISHING MOVE!

COACH

IT’S OVER! IT’S GOT TO BE! HOW MANY GUYS KICK OUT OF THAT?!

Many in the building quickly gasp after the move, simply because it seemed to have came out of nowhere. But Rick, clearly exhausted, doesn’t seem to have the strength at this point to make the pinfall. He lays down on the mat for a few seconds, trying to find the will to crawl over and get the three count. Meanwhile, a completely disturbed Drek Stone has had enough. He stands over Leon and begins to scream in his ear.

DREK

Come on Leon. COME ON!

Rick grabs the middle rope to try to pull himself up.

DREK

I am TIRED of CARRYING YOUR ASS TONIGHT! DO SOMETHING!

COACH

Uh-oh.

COLE

What is he doing?! Don’t you think this cheerleading is going a little too far now?

With the middle rope as support, Rick starts to woozily make his way back up.

DREK

This is YOUR CHANCE, LEON! PROVE YOURSELF RIGHT HERE! AREN’T YOU TIRED OF BEING A GOD DAMN FAILURE?!

Finally, Rick is able to stand back up. With Leon Rodez completely out cold on the mat, this title defense looks like it’s locked up…..

…..well, that is, until J. Arthur Edwards comes running in through the crowd.

COACH

NO WAY!

JAE hops over the barricade and onto the ring apron, with Rick Edwards completely oblivious to who’s standing right behind him. The fans start screaming for him to turn around but, once he finally does, it’s too late. With a steel chain wrapped around his fist, JAE reels back…..AND CRACKS HIS FIST INTO THE FACE OF RICK EDWARDS! Edwards slumps down to the mat as the fans start to loudly scream for something to be done. J. Arthur Edwards quickly hops off the apron and over the barricade, running right back into the safety of the masses.

COACH

OH NO!

COLE

THIS IS RIDICULOUS! DREK SHOULD HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO THAT! NOT SCREAMING AT LEON!

Meanwhile, Drek is still completely sidetracked with Leon, who has now started to crawl, determined to get back up and continue.

DREK

DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY, MAN! DON’T UNDERACHIEVE ONCE AGAIN!

With a deep breath, Leon finds the strength to prop himself back onto his knees.

DREK

IT’S TIME TO FRIGGIN DO SOMETHING LEON! DO SOMETHING!!!

Finally, Leon gets back up onto his feet. Trying to ignore Drek’s frantic screaming, he finds himself surprised to see that Rick is laying out-cold on the mat. Although he’s suspicious at first of what exactly happened, he just shrugs his shoulders and starts to pull Rick towards the nearest turnbuckle.

COLE

Oh, I hope it doesn’t end this way….

Finally, once it’s done, he begins to slowly climb the top turnbuckle, trying to steady himself. Once he gets to the top, he pounds his fist against his chest, receiving the beginnings of another “Rodez!” chant in return. Finally, after bracing himself for another moment, he jumps off with a 450 Splash……AND HITS IT!

COLE

BECAUSE THE LADY LOVES!! BECAUSE THE LADY LOVES!!

COACH

HE HIT IT!

COLE

LEON’S BODY IS STILL ON RICK’S RIGHT AFTER THE MOVE!! DREK DROPS DOWN FOR THE PIN!!!

ONE……

TWO…..

STONECUTTER!!!

STONECUTTER?!?!

Right after the two count, Drek pops up to his feet and yanks Leon off of Rick’s body by his hair. With pure anger driving him, he swiftly picks Leon up, AND SPIKES HIM INTO THE MAT WITH THE STONECUTTER!

COLE

OH MY GOD!!

COACH

Wait…..could this mean he WASN’T BEING SINCERE?!

The fans start to go absolutely crazy with boos as Drek shoots a defiant stare at the laid-out body of Leon Rodez. With a scowl on his face, Drek stares at Leon for a few more seconds, but then soon stands up. He rolls Leon’s body over onto his back and drags the motionless body of Rick Edwards directly on top of him. He drops down and makes a deliberately slow count.

ONE….

COLE

COULD THIS BE THE END?!

TWO….

COACH

LEON’S NOT MOVING! RICK’S NOT MOVING!

THREE!!

*DING DING DING*

After an initial roar from the crowd, realizing that Rick Edwards has managed to successfully defend the X-Title, the building suddenly starts to boom with a deafening chant of “Drek Stone Sucks!” With a smile now completely etched across the face of Drek, he steps through the middle rope and hops off of the ring apron.

COLE

Oh god, I can’t believe this.

COACH

Well, I guess we’re all fools for believing him in the first place.

COLE

Speak for yourself. I never believed him! The guy’s always going to be an asshole! He’ll never change!

COACH

Whoa! E-Coli! Watch the language!

Drek begins to walk back towards the locker room, but abruptly stops and turns his attention back towards the ring. He lets out a long laugh, and starts to make the title-belt motion around his waist.

DREK

And you thought you would win the X-Title tonight, Leon. How pathetic…

Continuing to walk backwards towards the entranceway, he finally stops once he gets to the top of the ramp. Taking one last look at the two motionless men laying in the ring, Drek can’t help but grin even wider.

DREK

How friggin’ pathetic.

Finally, Drek turns around and walks through the curtains.

COLE

Oh, this is terrible. Rick Edwards is out cold. And Leon Rodez has just lost the opportunity to win his first-ever OAOAST Title. The gold was right in his hands – and he lost it.

COACH

There’s going to be some heavy consequences next week. What is Rick Edwards going to do to J. Arthur Edwards?! What is Leon Rodez going to do to Drek Stone?!

COLE

I shudder to think. Neither of these two men are going to take this well. I can’t believe this X-Title match has turned out like this! How despicable!

*The camera slowly fades to black as we get another look at the two lifeless men laying in the ring*

(Go to break)

(Go to break)

Hey! Wait!

I’ve got a new complaint

“Heart Shaped Box” pours out of the speakers and into the sold out arena. The entrance doors slide apart, giving the Calgary crowd it’s first up close look at Synth Esizer!

COLE

We all saw the debacle that occurred last week between Alix and Synth as a result of Candie’s mean spirited snooping. Frankly, I’ve never felt so bad for someone as I did for Alix last week. But, Synth says that he’s coming out here to correct his mistake. I’m skeptical.

COACH

The one mistake he needs to correct is listening to that fashion challenged wardrobe girl backstage! Look at that outfit! Talk about tacky!

Decked out in the rather odd getup of a beat up black Nirvana t-shirt, a pink and orange kilt, and gold and red kneesocks, Synth struts down to the ring. He rolls under the ropes and slides into the squared circle. A production assistant hands him a microphone. He waits for the boos to die down before speaking.

COLE

I hope he’s out here to issue an apology

COACH

An apology to good tatse, hopefully! High five!

SYNTH

Krista and Alix, ya’ve checked the Saints into the heart break hotel! Ya turned down n’ offer dat most chicks wait they entire lives for. Ya’ve flat out refused to be da Saints’ groupies and make da Saints’ wildest dreams come true. S’cool. Dat’s only a minor setback far as the Synthmaster’s concerned. Cause’ as our power ballad Run Woman Run says, “The Saint’ll always get their woman.” Ya’ll two are goin’ be no different. See, da Saints took the mushy route with ya and it got ‘em nowhere. Synth sent Alix flowers last week, she sent ‘em back. Logan showers Krista wit’ compliments, she makes ‘em take a cold shower. Ya took a golden opportunity and slung it into da garbage. S’cool, cause’ the Synth-a-nator has gone to da dumpster and dug it out. Ya ain’t gettin’ away that easily, eh. Yeah, sure last week was another one of dem minor setbacks, wit’ Candie gettin the Synth-o-rama drunker then Scotty Static’s mom at a frat party and him saying some shit he shouldn’t have said. S’only a setback! If da road to plan A is blocked off then take the detour to plan B. Synth’s been forced ta do some serious brain work, eh. He consulted his spiritual counselor, a four string base guitar signed by Paul Stanley of Kiss. And through da guitar, Paul Stanley, he spoke to Synth. He said that the Saints need ta stop thinkin’ like legendary rock stars, and shit, and start using the ol noggin like legendary wrestlers. And wrestlers wrestle in dem match thingies. And dem match thingies, have stipulations and shit. And from dem stipulations, people get things. Things dat dey want, eh. And what we want, Krista and Alix.....is ya’ll. That’s why Synth wit’ Logan’s blessin’ is issuing ya’ll two a challenge fer an Almost Famous match at AngelSlam.

COLE

A what? And does he mean AngleSlam?

SYNTH

Da rules fer an Almost Famous match are so simple that even Paris Hilton could follow ‘em, eh. An Almost Famous match can’t end by pinfall, submission or any other of-that queer bait wrestling shit. Da Almost Famous match ends when one team, Da Saints or Chicks Over Dicks, hits they finisher three times. It ain’t gotta be in a row or nuthin, but its gotta be three times total. Un, deux, trois. Da Magic number. Sound good? There’s a slight catch, eh. The Synthmeister didn’t bring up stipulations earlier for his health. The Almost Famous match gots one to. A big one! If the Saints win, ya’ll two sexy ladies gotta become our groupies!

(The fans beign to talk amongst themselves as the seriousness (or lack thereof) of stipulation begins to settle in.)

COACH

God damn, that's a grand idea! I need to challenge Crystal to one of those.

Before Synth can finish his promo “Leave” by JoJo blasts out of the sound system! The entrance doors slide apart and out steps Krista Isadora Duncan drawing a small pop from the crowd. She’s holding a microphone and has a smile on her face. She stops at the edge of the entrance stage and addresses Synth.

KRISTA

An Almost Famous match? Three finishers to win? I like that idea. I like it a lot. Who on earth did you steal it from? That’s actually a smart thought you had! Enjoy it because it’ll probably be your last.

The crowd cheers the insult

KRISTA

I speak for Alix when I say that we both accept....on one condition.

SYNTH

What dat, foxy mama?

(Krista smiles sweetly.)

KRISTA

Well, this match is a high risk no reward proposition for us. If we lose, we’re basically your slaves, submissive to you in almost every way. If we win, we’re simply allowed to continue living life the way we were before. That’s not very fair to us and it’s kind of boring, if I may be so blunt. Why don’t we make this match a lil bit more interesting? Raise the stakes?

SYTNH

Watcha got in mind, home girl?

KRISTA

Simple. We’ll keep your stipulations and add in one of our own. If we win, and we will, you and Logan become our....muses.

(The crowd is comprised mostly of people who flunked out in the eighth grade and have no idea what a muse is, therefore their reaction is minimal)

KRISTA

Normally that means that you’d be our inspiration, but to find out what I mean by the term....You’ll just have to wait until you lose.

SYNTH

Bullshit! Ya want Synth ta agree ta something before he even knows what it is! Bullshit, eh. (Synth starts to nervously pace back and forth, thinking about he should do.) Fine. Okay. Ya got yer stip!. BUT...Ya gotta let the Synthmaster pick the special guest referee!

KRISTA

Special guest referee? In an Almost Famous match? Who is it? Kate Hudson?

SYNTH

Naw, son! (A devilish grin creeps onto Synth’s face) It’s......CANDIE!

COLE

Woah!

(The crowd breaks into a very loud and very vulgar “Candie swallows” chat)

KRISTA (Pretending not to be upset)

Great. Candie it is. You may think that our chances have just gone the way of the dodo but you’ll soon find that you’re kinda mistaken.

(Krista turns around to leave)

SYNTH

Before ya go let the Synth-a-nator drop some wisdom on ya, eh. Ya can take a shower, or ya can take a bath. Either way....yer gettin’ cleaned.

KRISTA

That makes no sense in context of our discussion. That wasn’t even clever. And you’re the one writing the lyrics? No wonder why no one buys your albums.

(“Leave” blares out the speakers as Krista walks backstage.)

COACH

You heard it hear first folks! The Saints will take on Chicks Over Dicks in an Almost Famous match. Synth has a neat idea for a match, but do these four even have finishers?

COLE

Alix uses a running flashback called “Mona Lisa Smile”, Krista uses a curtain call onto the knee called “Down With Love”. Logan and Synth use a DDT called the “Percussion”

COACH

How’d you know that?

COLE

You know Krista and Alix’s bra size, I know their finishers. We remember what’s important to us.

COACH (Suddenly looking worried)

Mikey, fans, there’s an incident brewing backstage between Cappa and Stephen Joseph! We’ve got a camera locked on them! Let’s go!

(We follow Coach’s orders and are taken backstage to a dimly lit locker room. Cappa is sitting in a stool, holding his head down and twiddling his thumbs. He’s trying to avoid eye contact with Stephen Joseph, who’s hovering above him and giving him a very angry look.)

SJ

Cappa, do you have something you’d like to say?

CAPPA

No.

SJ

The words are on the edge of your tounge, screaming to jump off. So either say something or quit giving me that pouty 5 year old girl look. Understand? I have neither the room nor the time for ungrateful insubordinate dogs, such as yourself. Speak your peace and be glad I’m giving you the chance to do so!

CAPPA

Fine. I'll say something. I'll say that you’re a stuck up and egotistical jerk off, who thinks to god damn highly of himself to see that just about nobody in this company gives a damn about anything you do or say....(Cappa takes a deep breath and clinches his fist) I'll say that you're a selfish piece of shit who would be better off dead!

(SJ grabs Cappa by his shirt collar, lifts him off the stool and violently slams him against the brick wall. SJ eyes flare with rage as tiny specks fall of the brick and land on the floor)

SJ

You....you....you...can't talk to me like that. YOU CAN’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU CAN’T TALK TO ME LIKE THAT! YOU CAN’T TAL......

(Cappa gives SJ a hard shove and sends him tumbling to the floor! Fearful for his own safety, SJ quickly backs away from Cappa.)

CAPPA

I JUST DID! As for who can talk to who, let me ask you a question; which one of us beat Drek Stone in a brutal Hell in the cell match and which one of us is barely above curtain jerker in the grand scheme of things?

(Cappa storms out of the room, leaving SJ a cowering mess.)

SJ (voice trembling as he speaks)

You....you....are going to be sorry, little man.....Very sorry.....This.........I..I....assure you.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

COLE

Well, still no update on Caboose, but we DO have word from Josh Matthews, who's standing by in the back with Hoff! Josh, you there?

The cameras cut backstage to the interview area, where Josh Matthews and the new 24/7 Champion, Hoff, are standing in front of a fancy HeldDOWN backdrop.

JOSH

Thanks, Michael. I'm here with Hoff and--

Hoff abruptly grabs J. Math by the collar and yanks Josh toward himself.

HOFF

Say it right, Josh. Like I told you.

Hoff lets Josh back down, and Josh fixes his collar before looking up at Hoff with slightly masked contempt.

JOSH

*ahem*

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you, once again, the Twenty-Four Seven Champion, Hoff.

The arena ERUPTS in jeers as Hoff looks up, closing his eyes and smiling smugly as he pats the 24/7 title belt, slung firmly over his shoulder.

JOSH

Now, Hoff, I do have to ask you about the conclusion of last week's match. After you specifically told the Thrillogy not to get involved, you proceeded to call them out to the ring to come to your aid? I--

HOFF

Now, wait just a minute, Josh. There's some issues here that need to be cleared up. First of all, I didn't call anyone out to help me. In fact, as we can clearly see, I didn't need any help when Zack and Cal came down. Can we roll the footage?

On the AngleTron, and on the TV sets of millions nationwide, footage of last week's 24/7 title bout begins to roll.

The fans go crazy as Stevens looks down at Hoff...then over to the corner!  Stevens climbs out of the ropes onto the apron, then heads up the turnbuckles!!

COACH

Froggy Splash coming up!!

Stevens raises one finger into the air, screaming, and the fans come alive as Stevens jumps off the top with his Frog Splash!!

AND IT MISSES!!!  Hoff rolls out of the way in the nick of time!!  Caboose breathes an audible sigh of relief.

CABOOSE

Oh, sweet Mary and Joseph, thank you.

Stevens clutches at his ribs as Hoff rolls to one knee and...looks to the back.

COLE

What?  Hey, what is Hoff doing?

Hoff looks to the back, motioning for somebody to come out...and out walk Zack Malibu and Calvin Szechstien to the loudest chorus of boos this side of British Columbia.

CABOOSE

YES!!!!!!!!

The HeldDOWN logo scrolls across the screen as we cut back to Hoff and Matthews.

HOFF

So, as you can plainly see, I had the match in total control.

This draws a HUGE boo from the crowd.

COACH

What?!

JOSH

Um, Hoff, I don't think--

Hoff raises a hand to Josh's face.

HOFF

Once Chris missed his frog splash, I knew the end was at hand, and I simply called the boys down to celebrate.

COLE

Come ON!

JOSH

....well, be that as it may, it certainly took a lot more than just celebrating to beat Chris Stevens!

Hoff looks shocked and possibly emotionally wounded.

HOFF

What? What?! No no no. I would have been just fine. However, unlike that miserable wretch Chris Stevens, I actually have friends. And if those friends should choose to act of their own accord, well, there's really very little I can do about it.

Hoff shrugs in mock innocence as the crowd gets irate.

HOFF

But, I want to stress one thing, and that is that the interference by Zack Malibu and Calvin Szechstein was in NO WAY premeditated. May lightning strike me if I'm telling a lie.

Hoff holds one hand over his heart as Josh looks frantically to the sky, stepping quickly away from Hoff.

COLE

Come on, he's basically admitting it was all a setup!

COACH

I dunno, Mikey. Not to play Caboose, but, he could be telling the truth!

COLE

Please.

Josh hesitantly steps back toward the smirking 24/7 Champion.

JOSH

Well, in any event, a lot of people are calling your win last week tainted, which is partially why the board has ordered you to defend your title at AngleSlam!

HOFF

Yeah, yeah, yeah. You know, the damn board thinks they're so clever, trying to scare me, maybe trying to get me to make a mistake. Well, guess what, Board. I don't get scared, and I don't make mistakes. I am the 24/7 Champion. I'm the friggin' Emperor of Death, for crying out loud! I mean, what can they possibly throw at me that would faze me? That would scare the future?

JOSH

Well, there is the matter of who you'll be facing in that match...

Hoff rolls his eyes.

HOFF

Please. Like I'm scared of those two nobodies. I know all about their little match tonight, and frankly, I hope they kill each other. But either way, it don't matter to Hoff! On one hand, you got Chris Stevens, the guy who's been riding my coattails ever since I broke into this business. Let me tell you: anything Chris Stevens has done, Hoff has done better. And that includes being the 24/7 Champ. Now on the other hand, you got Gunner...

Gunner's name draws a good-sized pop from the Calgary crowd.

HOFF

You got Gunner, a man who was so scared to face me at the Emperor of Death tournament that he faked an injury just to get out of the match.

The crowd jeers that statement pretty hard.

COLE

WHAT?! Gunner didn't fake a thing! It was Hoff who attacked him!!

HOFF

Gunner Sharps, since the day I joined up with the Underground, that fateful October night, I have never, ever liked you. And do you know why? Because just like Chris Stevens, everything you can do, I can do better. Oh, that's right, big boy, I can do everything better than you. No I can't? Hell yes, I can. More power. More ability. More speed, more endurance, more charisma. You are everything that's wrong with this sport, and I am everything that's right. I am the answer. And if you happen to beat out Chris Stevens tonight -- and that's not a bet I would take -- but if you somehow manage to get past Stevens, I'll be waiting, and come AngleSlam I will wipe your career off the face of the Earth. You hear me? When I get through with you, they're gonna need a shovel to scoop you off the mat. Your days are numbered. Chris Stevens, that goes double for you. When it's all said and done, when the smoke has cleared, you, you, you Matthews, Cole and Coach in the booth, Caboose wherever the hell he is, and all these people will see that I am STILL the 24/7 Champion, STILL the Emperor of Death, and still the very future, the heart and soul of this industry. Not Gunner, not Gunner, and definitely not Chris Stevens. Me. The Man. The Future. And that, Josh, is a promise.

Hoff thrusts the mic into an awestruck Matthew's arms before turning and walking off. Matthews simply sits dumbfounded, until the cameras gratefully turn back to Sofa Central.

COACH

...Wow.

COLE

Love him or hate him, and most hate him, but there was a lot of intensity out of the 24/7 Champion just then.

COACH

Absolutely, it seems like regaining the 24/7 title has really lit a fire under him!

COLE

That may be the case, but how long will he hold onto it? Will he be victorious at AngleSlam, or will it be one of these two men? Gunner Sharps! Chris Stevens! A shot at the 24/7 Title on the line, and it's NEXT!

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

CUE: "Debonaire" by Dope

The fans come to life as Gunner Sharps steps out through the curtain!

COLE

We're all set for tonight's match between Gunner Sharps and Chris Stevens!

COACH

Indeed. Remember, the winner of this match gets a shot at Hoff's 24/7 Title at AngleSlam! And with the "round-the-clock" stipulation suspended, they will definitely get their paws on the big man of the Thrillogy!

Gunner makes his way down to ringside, looking focused but also taking time to slap hands with some fans.

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, this contest is scheduled for one fall. Introducing first, from Detroit, Michigan, weighing in at 375 pounds....GUNNER SHARPS!!!

Gunner rolls into the ring and raises his arms as the fans chant his name. "Debonaire" fades out, being replaced by Local H's "Bound for the Floor" as the fans pop again!

BUFFER

And his opponent, from Rochester, Minnesota, weighing in tonight at 221 pounds...the former 24/7 Champion...CHRIS STEVENS!!!!

The fans cheer as Stevens walks out from behind the curtain, a scowl on his face. Stevens doesn't stop to play to the cheering crowd, but simply walks to the ring, rolling in and popping right to his feet. Buffer hightails it as the referee calls for the bell.

*ding ding ding ding ding*

Stevens locks eyes with Gunner, saying "this should be MY shot." Gunner nods and waves Stevens on. Stevens charges at Gunner, and the two men lock into a collar-and-elbow tie-up, and Gunner quickly shoves Stevens to the mat. Stevens somersaults backwards and lands on his feet, scowling.

COLE

Stevens looks pissed!

COACH

Well, pissed or not, going toe-to-toe with Gunner's never a wise idea.

COLE

True that. Over seven feet tall and three hundred and seventy five pounds...wow.

Stevens slaps his hand on the mat as he gets to his feet, and the two men begin to circle. Gunner again beckons Stevens on. Stevens feigns shooting in a couple times, but Gunner hops to the side and away. Finally, Stevens darts in again, locking up with Gunner in the center of the ring. With relative ease, Gunner pushes Stevens into the corner. The referee demands Gunner break the hold, and begins a five-count, but the big man breaks at two, and retreats to the center as the fans applaud the clean break.

COLE

Two guys who play by the rules...a rarity these days.

COACH

Word.

The ref steps back and waves the two men on, and Stevens wastes no time shooting in and surprising Gunner, slipping behind him and applying a rear waistlock. Gunner throws a back elbow, but it sails over the shorter Stevens' head. Stevens holds onto the waistlock, then drops to his knees, tripping Gunner from behind and bringing him face-down to the mat.

COLE

Stevens gives up a foot to Gunner, but he showed last week that he knows how to take care of bigger opponents!

COACH

You mean he gets triple-teamed and loses?

COLE

Yeah, I-- NO! Shut up, you Hostess cupcake!

COACH

...Wha?

COLE

Black on the outside, white on the inside.

COACH

LOW! Ouch. Nice one, Mikey, although you totally lifted it from Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.

COLE

Hey, it was a good flick.

As Ebert & Roeper discuss the acting abilities of John Cho, in the ring, Stevens gets to his feet, grabbing a downed Gunner's leg and driving his knee to the mat. Gunner clutches his leg, drawing it up to his chest, allowing Stevens to grab the other leg and slap on a half-Boston Crab.

COLE

Stevens wasting no time here tonight, trying to take out the big man's legs!

COACH

We saw what he did to Hoff's arm last week!

Gunner, though, is too strong and easily powers out, kicking Stevens off of him. Gunner crawls to his knees, but Stevens turns around and levels a snap kick to Gunner's ribs, dropping the big man back to the mat. Stevens quickly seizes the opportunity, dropping a leg across the back of Gunner's neck. Stevens rolls Gunner over, and hooks his leg! Cover...but Gunner kicks out at two! Stevens gets to his feet, then pulls Gunner up, catching him acrosss the face with a European uppercut. Stevens grabs Gunner's arm and whips him acorss the ring, but Gunner reverses! Stevens comes off the far side, and Gunner catches him, pressing him up over his head!

COLE

Look at the power!

Gunner roars with power...but then begins to wobble! Stevens shifts his weight, causing Gunner to rock, allowing Stevens to roll off of his back, catching his arms in a crucifix on the way down! Stevens rolls Gunner up, but again the big man kicks out at two!

COACH

Stevens looking again to end it early!

COLE

Well you have to believe that, after the robbery last week, Stevens felt that he deserved a rematch tonight! Instead, he wound up with Gunner!

Stevens beats Gunner to his feet, and again rocks the big man with a European uppercut. Again, Stevens goes for a whip, but again Gunner reverses. Gunner telegraphs a back body drop as Stevens rebounds, but the smaller man leapfrogs him! Gunner gets up a hair too slow as Stevens rebounds again, and goes low, catching Gunner in the left leg with a big chop block! Gunner cries out as he goes down, holding his knee!!

COLE

Stevens is so quick, as well as so smart!

COACH

He's dangerous, no doubt!

Stevens seizes the opportunity, getting to his feet and grabbing Gunner's left leg before planting a stomp to the inside of the knee! Gunner cringes, as Stevens stomps him again! Stevens lets the leg fall flat, then measures before jumping and coming down with a stomp acorss Gunner's knee!

COLE

Gunner's got to find a way to stop this, or he'll be in trouble!!

Gunner rolls over onto his stomach, an expression of pain crossing his face. Stevens, still scowling, grabs his knee and again slams it to the canvas! Stevens picks the leg up again and uses it to turn Gunner over. Stevens then reaches down, grabbing Gunner's other leg and crossing them! Stevens locks his hands in between Gunner's massive legs, and tries to turn him!

COLE

Looks like maybe a Texas Cloverleaf coming from Stevens...oh wait a minute!!

Stevens bends down to try to gain some additional leverage, but Gunner quickly musters up his power and kicks his legs out, sending Stevens sprawling back into the ropes!! Gunner sits up as Stevens staggers forward, and Gunner reaches up, grabbing Stevens as he gets near and rolling him into a small package!

COACH

What the hell was that?! Whoa!

The referee counts!

ONE!

TWO!

THR-NO! Kickout!

Stevens hops to his feet, looking angry. He stalks toward Gunner as Gunner gets to his feet. Stevens pulls Gunner up and throws a punch, but Gunner blocks, then sends Stevens down with a Flatliner!

COLE

Flatliner out of nowhere! Another cover!

ONE!!

TWO!!

THR-NO!! Kickout again!

COACH

Gunner is taking it to Stevens!

Gunner beats Stevens to his feet, then looks out to the crowd, raising one arm and roaring as they cheer! The fans seem solidly in Gunner's corner as he lifts Stevens to his feet, scooping him up and drilling him with a HARD bodyslam! The fans cheer--but the cheers quickly turn to boos!

COLE

What the...oh, come on!

COACH

It's Hoff!

Gunner spies Hoff out of the corner of his eye, then turns to the aisleway, where Hoff, still in street clothes, is walking down the ramp, patting the 24/7 Title belt perched on his shoulder. Hoff smirks at Gunner, who walks to the ropes, fuming!

COLE

Careful, Gunner! Don't take your eye off the ball!

Gunner jaws with Hoff...until he's spun around by Chris Stevens! Stevens wallops Gunner with a right hand, then sends him off the ropes, but Gunner reverses, and catches Stevens coming off with a big boot to the face! Gunner makes a cover, but Stevens barely gets the shoulder up!

COLE

Thought he had him there!

COACH

Mikey, Hoff is getting awfully close to the ring!

Hoff takes another few steps as Gunner climbs off of Chris Stevens, and again turns toward the 24/7 Champion! Gunner hurls a sea of curses down at Hoff and motions him into the ring, but Hoff calmly shakes his head no. Gunner, annoyed, waves Hoff off, then turns his attention back to Stevens. Gunner grabs Stevens by the hair as he crawls off the mat...but Stevens surprises Gunner with a swingign neckbreaker!

COLE

Whoa!

COACH

That'll take the fight out of ya!

Stevens rolls into a cover, but it only gets two! Stevens again pounds the mat in frustration, then gets to his feet. Stevens finally spies Hoff at ringside, looking at him for a second before pointing a finger and shouting "YOU'RE NEXT!" The fans go BANANA as Stevens turns back to Gunner...and climbs to the top!

COLE

Frog Splash already?

COACH

Hey, if you're feeling froggy!!

The fans get to their feet as Stevens heads to the apron and climbs the ropes...but again, the cheers turn to boos as Hoff walks over to the corner! Hoff hurls curses up at Stevens, and the referee moves to the apron, attempting to break the two men up...

But Stevens jumps!!

ONTO HOFF!!

The crowd goes BALLISTIC as Stevens dives off of the top rope and onto Hoff with a full body press!! Stevens wipes Hoff out, and himself in the process, rolling off of the 24/7 champ and onto his back! The referee heads to the outside as Stevens gets to his feet, and orders Chris Stevens into the ring!! Stevens spares one last moment to literally SPIT on Hoff, drawing another pop from the fans, before rolling into the ring!

RIGHT INTO THE SHARP END FROM GUNNER!!

COACH

OH MY GOD!!

COLE

Joey Styles would be proud! Stevens may be broken in half!! The cover!!

ONE!

TWO!

THREE!!!

*ding ding ding*

BUFFER

The winner of this bout....GUNNER SHARPS!!!

The fans cheer, and boo, but mostly cheer as Gunner's arm is raised by the official!!

COLE

Well good for Gunner, but again, Hoff has robbed Chris Stevens!

COACH

I think Hoff wanted to get in both these guys' heads, but hey, he paid for it!

COLE

Well we now know that Gunner Sharps will face Hoff at AngleSlam for the 24/7 Title, but-- HEY WAIT!!

The fans boo as Hoff quickly slides into the ring, taking a celebrating Gunner down from behind with a belt shot to the back of the skull!! The fans are livid as Gunner crashes to the mat!!

COLE

Come on, this isn't right!!

The bell rings several times, as if it might somehow stop Hoff, who is bent over, busy taunting Gunner. Hoff then stands up again, laying in the boots to the back of Gunner's head! Hoff quickly turns his attention to a rising Chris Stevens, waiting for Stevens to turn around, and walloping him with a belt shot as well!!

COLE

This is sick!

Hoff stomps Stevens a few times as the fans continue to boo him out of the building. Hoff then turns back to Gunner, dropping his belt as the huge man slowly climbs to his knees. Hoff helps him up by the hair, then turns him over, locking him in a reverse facelock!

COACH

Aw, come on, not this! Not the Future Shock!

COLE

Hoff, don't! You made your point!

Hoff smiles out to the crowd, shouting "WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!!" before lifting Gunner high into the air in a reverse suplex position...holding him...

COLE

My God, Hoff is HOLDING 375 pound Gunner Sharps in the air!!

...and DROPPING him into the Future Shock!!! The fans are furious as Hoff spins his legs out from under Gunner, finding his feet and grabbing his belt as "Black" begins to blare over the loudspeakers. Hoff rolls out of the ring, laughing and actually kissing his title belt before hoisting it in the air, walking backwards down the ramp.

COLE

Well I hope he's proud of himself.

COACH

He probably is!

COLE

Well in any event, we now know! It will be Gunner Sharps versus Hoff, with the 24/7 Title on the line, at AngleSlam!!

*cut to commercial*

Edited by Patty O'Green

(Return from break)

Within the confines of their decked out dressing room, members of The Thrillogy seem to be going about business as usual as they prepare for their upcoming match. Calvin Szechstein relaxes himself on the leather sofa, with the Olympics on in full view, as Zack Malibu stands in the background wrapping his fists in tape.

MALIBU

You ready to do this tonight, or what?

CALVIN

Zack, brotha, I'm always ready. No need to ask me twice.

MALIBU

Good, because I didn't plan on it. She goes down TONIGHT, understood.

CALVIN

I'm reading you like the Sunday funnies, my man.

Suddenly, Malibu pounds his hands on the sofa, not making a very loud sound, but still shocking the hell out of Szechstein.

CALVIN

...the hell?

MALIBU

Calvin, I'm not playing, damn it! I've had it...HAD IT with this bitch who thinks that she's going to start the next wrestling boom. I was done with her after the first match, but somehow she's managed to get her way each and every time. War Games, the tag match, they were nothing more than the numbers game. You know she can't beat me, Hoff knows it, Candie knows it...we all know it!

CALVIN

But SHE doesn't know it.

MALIBU

What are you trying to say?

CALVIN

I was making the point that...

MALIBU

I DON'T NEED YOU TO MAKE POINTS! I NEED YOU TO HAVE MY BACK ON THIS! CRYSTAL WILL NOT MAKE IT TO ANGLESLAM, UNDERSTOOD!?

CALVIN

Understood. It's cool, I can understand your stress, with Angleslam not being your favorite event and all.

Malibu looks down at Calvin, curious as to what he meant by that.

MALIBU

Excuse me?

CALVIN

Look, no ill will intended, Zack, but your track record at August pay per views isn't exactly one that stands out as a positive. Two years ago you lost to Alfdogg...ALFDOGG. Now that would never happen these days and we know that. That was during your early days of fan pandering, and you had a lot to learn.

MALIBU

OK, big deal. I made the mistake of joining the dark side. That's obviously not an issue anymore.

CALVIN

Right.

MALIBU

So what about last year then?

CALVIN

Well, last year was...it was, uh...

Calvin grows uncomfortable, as Malibu grows agitated.

MALIBU

It was WHAT, Calvin?

CALVIN

Well, it was when you lost the title. To me. Remember?

Malibu is burning a hole through his partner. The normally cocky former leader of Totally Endorsed backsteps, but stares right back at the World Champion.

MALIBU

Oh, I'm sorry...are you having a bit of a reflection to your glory days? Listen Calvin, you've beaten me and I've beaten you. The past is the past. What I'm worried about is tonight. Tonight she goes down, and not in the way Coachman would like her too.

CALVIN

What about Sly Sommers, Zack. What about taking him out for me? Otherwise I'm stuck with him at Angleslam in a match that this chiseled frame shouldn't have to take part in.

MALIBU

You're stressing me, Cal...you're stressing me...

Suddenly, Candie comes in, and is all smiles for her man.

CANDIE

Hey babe! Look, I just came from...

Malibu slams his hands against the wall, nearly knocking it down in the process.

MALIBU

FOR GOD'S SAKE I JUST NEED QUIET! I NEED TO BE ALONE! NO DISTRACTIONS, DO YOU HEAR ME? NO...

Malibu turns and looks at the 60 inch plasma TV that is airing the Olympics, picks up a chair from nearby, and tosses it right through the screen, nearly bowling Calvin over in the process!

CANDIE

Cal...what's wrong with him?

CALVIN

I didn't do anything. He's really on edge.

CANDIE

Zack...baby...listen, don't worry about Crystal...

All of a sudden Zack hovers over Candie, his eyes burning with rage.

MALIBU

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT! I DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT CRYSTAL ANYMORE! NO MORE CRYSTAL, DO YOU HEAR ME! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO HEAR YOU MENTION BILLY CRYSTAL! NOTHING CRYSTAL AT ALL! JUST DROP IT!

Candie cowers in fear, and Malibu quickly backs off, realizing he's scaring his love. Out of breath and full of stress, Zack looks over at the damaged TV, at a bewildered Calvin, and back to a shocked Candie.

MALIBU

I need some time alone.

With that said, Malibu brushes past Candie, yanks open the dressing room door, and disappears as it shuts behind him. The cameras focus in on Candie, and then on Calvin, who walks towards her to calm her down as well, before we fade out.

(Cut backstage, where we see the Frankensteiners walking down a corridor. They walk past a door that opens after they pass it, with the Bryant Cousins coming out of it.)

SEAN

YO! Turn around, you bitches! (Frankensteiners turn around) What's up with you two tryin' to upshow us last week by debuting on the same show?

FRANKIE

Aww...I'm really sorry about us being better than you.

SEAN

AH, you done it now!

Sean starts wildly breakdancing, ending with a variation on the Spin-A-Roonie where he spins on his shoulders instead of his back, and then kips up and grabs his crotch...

SEAN

YOU GOT SERVED, BITCH!

FRANK

Okay, I'll admit that we can't do that flippy crap that you can, but we can wrestle, which is what the marquee says.

ALEX

Congratulations: you succeeded at pinning collegiate wrestlers' shoulders to the mat multiple times. But, have you ever been in front of thirty-seven people, half of which didn't pay to get in, at a rinky-dink show in Ottawa, and killed the hopes and dreams of some young "upstart" by snapping his neck with a Dragon Clutch and ending his career?

FRANKIE

(Both Frankensteiners get in the Bryants' faces) No, but I guess I could try tonight!

All four men start wildly brawling in the hallway! They go back and forth before Sean kicks Frankie in the nuts. Sean then rakes Frank's eyes to open up the advantage for Alex. Both Bryants pound on the Frankensteiners for a few seconds, before Nate and Mikey Tethers, formerly the Rave and Assault Squad, jump into the ring and tackle a Bryant apiece.

COLE

The Bryants haven't made ANY friends in the back!

Mikey and Nate stay on top of Sean and Alex Bryant, and continually let loose with punches to the face. Just then, Skull Mask and Skull Kid suddenly rush into the scene and pull the Tethers Brothers off of the Bryants. They then start brawling wiht the Tetherses while standing. The Frankensteiners soon jump in and start attacking both teams. As those three teams brawl, we can see Sean and Alex Bryant sneak back into the door in which they came out of, as a large group of officials step in to break up the fight.

COACH

Those little sneaks! "Causing trouble" must be Sean Bryant's middle name!

COLE

That sounds about right. And also, what's the deal with Skull Mask and Skull Kid jumping in there?

COACH

This situation's in turmoil...let's go to the main event!

“Set It Off” uh, sets off, and who else but CRYSTAL emerges from the curtains!

“Weighing tonight at an even 150 lbs, she is from Coquitlam British Columbia, she is…CRYSTAL!”

Crystal gets in the ring and does her usual posing, waiting for Sly to come on out.

“Give Me Back My Bullets” cuts off Crystal’s music, and SLY struts out, soaking in the cheers.

“Weighing in at 195 lbs, he hails from Bayside California, he is SLY SOMMERS!”

Sly joins his partner of the evening in the ring, and they talk, probably about strategy. That, or the latest locker room gossip.

COLE

This is a very interesting match-up we have here tonight, and not just because it’ll be a great one!

COACH

Right you are Mike. Next week, the losers of the match will have to face each other, giving the winners a distinct advantage going into AngleSlam, with their opponents worn out.

“I’m the Bomb” blasts from the speakers and the ever confident CALVIN comes out.

“At a weight of 197 lbs, coming from Milwaukee Wisconsin, he is a part of The Thrillogy, this is CALVIN SZECHSTEIN!”

Instead of making his way down the ramp, he smirks and points to his head, indicating he’s smarter than that. He patiently waits for his partner to come out.

“Nothing” cues up, and the World Champion ZACK steps out, with the elegantly evil (JR’s expression’s rule!) Candie!

“Finally, weighing tonight at 195 lbs, he comes to us from Los Angeles California, he is the OAOAST World Champion and is also a part of The Thrillogy, this is ZACK MALIBU!”

Curiously, Zack gives Candie a kiss on the cheek, and tells her to go backstage. He points to Calvin and himself, yelling that “we’ll do this on our own!”. They slowly make their way to the ring, occasionally threatening the random fan that dares to make a disparaging remark against them.

Crystal whispers something in Sly’s ear, and Sly gets on all fours next to the near-aisle ropes. Crystal runs, jumps off his back, and dives towards a distracted Zack and Calvin. Calvin sees it coming a darts out of the way, making Zack take the brunt of the dive. Calvin’s break isn’t so lucky though, as Sly is right there with a plancha! Crystal and Sly throw the Thrillogy members into the ring and stereo irish whip them, but Zack and Calvin bail out of the ring to regroup. With the referee holding back Sly and Crystal from their opponents on the outside, Zack and Calvin strategize and eventually go to their corner. They decide together that Calvin will starts, after seeing that Crystal will start the match.

DING! DING! DING!

Before the two can lock up, Sly begs Crystal for the tag, so he can face Calvin first. Crystal points at Sly, as if asking the fans, and they wildly approve. Crystal tags Sly in! Sly gets in and goes for Calvin, but Calvin rushes to his corner and tags in Zack, much to the chagrin of the fans and Sly. Zack and Sly circle each other then hook up. They jockey for position, and Zack backs Sly into a neutral corner. The ref calls for the break, and Zack gives it, only to throw a cheap punch in. Zack backs off smirking, while Sly holds his jaw in anger. They meet up again in the center of the ring, and again lock up. Zack gets the advantage and puts Sly in a hammerlock. With his other hand, he slaps of the back of Sly’s head and then lets go. Sly turns around in fury, but calms himself down and refuses to let Zack get to him. The hook up for a third time only for Sly to let go abruptly and deliver a vicious European uppercut! Zack stumbles back and blind charges Sly, but Sly sidesteps him and delivers a drop toe hold! With Zack down, Sly takes the opportunity to slap the back of Zack’s head!

COLE

Sly giving Zack a little taste of his own medicine!

COACH

Hey, all is fair in love and war! Well, the love doesn’t really apply here, but that’s how the saying goes.

Zack is up in a flash and stares a hole in a smiling Sly, who taunts him to bring it. Zack intends to do just that, but stops short when Sly tags in Crystal. Zack backs off slightly, and both have a mini- stare-off before locking up. Zack grabs Crystal in a headlock, but Crystal pushes him off towards the ropes. Zack rebounds and shoulderblocks Crystal down. He runs the ropes and steps over Crystal, who turned on her front. He rebounds again and Crystal is up and leapfrogs over him. Zack rebounds yet again and Crystal takes him down with a headlock takeover. Zack tries to headscissor his way out, but Crystal knocks his legs out of the way. He goes for it again and succeeds, but Crystal kips out right away. Both are up and Crystal charges. Zack sidesteps and pushes Crystal towards the rope. Instead of rebounding, Crystal jumps, springs up from the second rope and delivers a hurricanrana to an unexpecting Zack! Zack ends up rolling to his corner and stares at Crystal before tagging in Calvin.

Both meet in the center of the ring and go for a lockup, but Crystal grabs Calvin’s arm and twists it. Calvin powers Crystal into his team’s corner and gives a boot to the gut, so Crystal will release the hold. Zack takes this opportunity to slap the back of Crystal’s head, must like he did to Sly earlier. Crystal turns around but Calvin clotheslines the back of her head before she can do anything. Crystal hits her head on the turnbuckle and staggers back, only to get a reverse neckbreaker from Calvin. Calvin goes for the first cover of the match.

1!

2!

Kickout!

Crystal tries to get up, but Calvin brings an elbow down on her neck. He grabs her in a front face lock and drags her to his corner to tag in Zack. He holds her in place as Zack soccer kicks her straight in the stomach to knock the wind out of her. Crystal falls clutching her stomach as Zack mercilessly stomps of her, targeting mostly her neck and upper body. He places his foot on her throat and uses the ropes as leverage to put on the pressure. Zack sneers at the referee when he tells him to get off, but then obliges. He grabs her up by the hair and delivers a straight right hand. Crystal drops like a ton of bricks. Zack drags her up again and delivers another straight hand, but Crystal blocks it! She throws a forearms to the face of Zack and irish whips him to the ropes. He rebounds and squashes Crystal’s bit of momentum by coming back with a flying forearm! Crystal attempts to roll on her side to get up, but Zack forces her on her back and goes for the pin.

1!

2!

Kickout!

Crystal rolls on her front, so Zack grabs her in a rear chinlock, wretches her towards him, and places his right knee on the small of her back.

COLE

That’s a unique hold. Haven’t really seen that one before.

Sly wills the crowd to help Crystal out and soon, “Crystal” chants are heard throughout the arena. Zack sneers at the audience at his while applying the hold tighter. Crystal pushes herself to a sitting position, then to a standing position. Zack still has the chinlock cinched in, so Crystal elbows her way out. Zack releases the hold and Crystal tries to get to her corner to tag in Sly. Unfortunately for her, Zack is quick to react and cruelly throws her down by her hair. He drags her to his corner and tags in Calvin. Zack holds Crystal in an abdominal stretch and Cal kicks her stomach, winding her again. Calvin grabs Crystal’s head and rams it into a neutral corner. He then whips Crystal to the opposite corner and she hits chest first, stumbling back into a German Suplex. Calvin holds on and bridges.

1!

2!

Kickout!

Crystal is slow to get up and Calvin is right on her. He knees her in the gut a few times, then performs a snap suplex. He drops a leg drop across her throat. Instead of going for the pin, he goes to the top rope. He taunts and jaws with the fans before turning his attention back to Crystal. This proves to be a mistake as Crystal hits the ropes, causing Calvin to lose his balance. Crystal goes to the top to meet him there and delivers a hurricanrana! Both competitors are down!

1!

2!

3!

4!

5!

Both start to stir.

6!

7!

Both struggle to their corners.

8!

And Zack and Sly are both tagged in! Sly rushes towards Zack and Zack goes for a clothesline. Sly ducks and plants a boot in the gut and delivers a DDT! He back elbows an oncoming Calvin and clotheslines him over the top rope. Sly turns his attention back to Zack, who’s slowly getting back up. Sly crosses Zack’s arms in front of him, and delivers a Saito suplex! Cover!

1!

2!

Kickout!

Sly drags Zack up and goes for the piledriver!

COLE

If he hits this, it’s over!

Zack, though, backdrops his way out. Sly tries to get up fast and gets on one knee, but Zack delivers the Zack Attack!

1!

2!

NO!

Crystal came in a broke the count. Calvin grabs her ankles, and drags her to the outside. He tries to whip her to the stairs, and she counters and Calvin goes crashing into the steel steps!

COLE

Thos have to weigh 3000 lbs!

COACH

First of all, why would THAT matter? And secondly, I think you’re wrong on that one.

Meanwhile, Zack and Sly are duking it out and Sly gets the upperhand. He lifts Zack for the Death Valley Driver. Zack wriggles his way out of it, and kicks Sly in the gut. He picks him up like he’s going to do a fallaway slam. Before Zack can actually do the move, Crystal sneaks up behind and dropkicks one of Zack’s knees! He buckles and collasps, and Sly in on top for the pin!

1!

2!

Kickout!

The referee reprimands Crystal as Sly sets up Zack. He seems to be going for the One Hit Wonder, but Calvin stops that with an unexpected swinging neckbreaker! The ref forces Crystal to get to her corner as Calvin slips out of the ring, unnoticed. Zack goes for the pin when the ref turns around.

1!

2!

Kickout!

Zack looks at the ref in slight annoyance and picks up Sly. He whips Sly to his and Calvin’s corner. Zack distracts the referee after a few chops, so that Calvin can use the tag rope to choke Sly. With Sly gasping for breath, Zack tags in Calvin. Zack performs a backbreaker while Calvin goes on the top rope and delivers a leg drop. Cover!

1!

2!

2.5!

Kickout!

Sly barely kicks out. Calvin drags him up and hooks Sly up like he would if he would do an inverse DDT. He lifts him up and performs a front suplex. Calvin keeps Sly’s head hooked and back sommersaults (pun SO intended!) over and has Sly in a Dragon Sleeper aka the California Dream, a trademark move of his fellow Thrillogy member Zack! Sly flails around and tries to get out, but can’t. Calvin yells at Sly to tap, only to get hit by a surprise dropkick from Crystal! She goes back to her corner and yells encouragement to Sly.

COLE

Crystal breaking up the hold to maybe save the match for her team.

COACH

You know, usually, Caboose would make a smart ass remark here. I’m kind of missing the guy.

Both get up and Calvin goes behind Sly and has him in a waistlock. Sly elbows Calvin in the face a couple of times and eases out of his grip. He grabs Calvin and scores with a Russian Leg Sweep! Sly crawls towards an anxious Crystal only to get cut off by an elbow, courtesy of Zack. Crystal yells at him, and Zack responds with a smirk and a slap in the face. Unable to control her temper, Crystal gets in the ring, but is held back by the referee. Zack and Calvin take advantage, grab Sly, and perform a Double Brain Buster .Zack slips out of the ring when the ref turns around. Cover by Calvin!

1!

2!

2.5!

Kickout!

Calvin looks a bit in disbelief of the kickout from Sly. He yells at the ref and claims a slow count, but he just reiterates it was a two count. Calvin drags Sly into the Thrillogy corner and tags in Zack. Calvin and Zack stomps Sly harshly in the corner before the referee orders Calvin out. Zack grabs Sly by the waist and performs a picture perfect Northern Lights suplex. Cover!

1!

2!

Kickout!

Slightly perturbed by Sly’s resilience, Zack sneers at Sly, who struggles up. Zack won’t have any of that and nails a hard Yakuza kick. Cover!

1!

2!

Kickout!

Zack glares at the ref, but says nothing. Zack grabs both of Sly’s arms an crosses them across his throat. He places his foot on Sly’s back to add pressure. Cinching it in, Zack takes the opportunity to have a lovely conversation with Crystal. Oh, who are we kidding? Of course he talks trash to her! Crystal takes the high road and ignores him, only yelling some encouragement to Sly and rallies the crowd behind him.

“Let’s go Sly * clap clap clapclapclap *”

“Let’s go Sly * clap clap clapclapclap *”

Using the crowd’s will, Sly slowly gets to his feel, forcing Zack to take his foot off Sly’s back to keep balance. However, Zack still has the hold on. Sly gets to a neutral corner and uses it to climb and flip over so Zack has to release the hold. Before Zack can react, Sly grabs his head and performs an Edge-o-matic!

COLE

Isn’t Crystal the one who liberally steals moves from Edge?

COACH

Hey, whatever works! And Edge steals moves from her!

COLE

Uh, I think you may want to double check on that one….

COACH

(heavy sighing) I miss Caboose. He would have insulted me SO bad right there!

Sly crawls towards Crystal, Zack crawls towards Calvin, and both get tagged in! Calvin comes charging, but Crystal clotheslines him. He gets backs up and charges again, but is met by Crystal’s elbow! Zack is up and gets Crystal from behind. He grabs her arm and irish whips her, but Crystal reverses. He rebounds and Crystal backbody drops him. He staggers up and Crystal runs the ropes to deliver a Throwback (copyright WWE-Please don’t sue us!)! Unbeknownst to Crystal, Calvin ascended the top rope and is waiting for Crystal to turn around. However, Sly is back up and runs around the ring towards Calvin. He grabs one of Calvin’s legs and Calvin gets crouched for the second time in the match! Crystal turns around, sees Calvin crouched, and goes to take advantage. She grabs Calvin by the waist and delivers a Northern Lights suplex! She bridges!

1!

2!

NO!

Zack kicks her leg from under her…leg. Before he can do anymore damage, Sly charges in with a flying forearm! Zack rolls outside. Sly and Crystal look and nod at each other. Crystal lefts Calvin on her shoulders as Sly goes to the ropes, springboards off the second rope, and does a STIFF LARIET!

COACH

Holy crap!

Crystal covers.

1!

2!

2.5!

Kickout!

Calvin shows his resilience and kicks out. Crystal questions the ref, and appears to be a bit frustrated. She picks up Calvin, but he hits her with a jawbreaker. While she’s stumbling, he hits her with a spinebuster!

COLE

Taking a page out of fellow Thrillogy member Hoff’s book.

Calvin goes and tags in a recovered Zack in. Zack goes the top rope, waits for Crystal to get up and face him, and jumps off, looking for a missile dropkick. Crystal sidesteps him! Crystal quickly grabs both of his legs , crosses them, and turns him over for the Crystalling! Calvin comes in to break it up, but Sly cuts him off and clotheslines him over the top rope, both of them tumbling out. Zack struggles and screams, while Crystal continues to wretch back.

“TAP!”

”TAP!”

”TAP!”

Zack teases a tap out, but with a sudden burst of energy, he grabs the bottom rope. The crowd shows their disappointment, but Crystal just goes to the corner, and begs Zack to get up.

While this is all going on, Calvin and Sly are brawling outside. Sly looks to whip Calvin to the barricade, but Calvin puts the breaks on. Instead, Calvin whips Sly into the ring apron, and Sly stumbles forward, holding his back. Calvin then flapjacks Sly on the barricade, throat/chest first!

Calvin, being Superman and all, sees Crystal setting up a recovering Zack for what looks to be a spear. He gets on the apron just as Crystal goes charging to a now standing Zack. Calvin reaches out and gets a hold of Crystal’s hair and yanks her towards him. A surprised Crystal turns around and Calvin delivers a stun gun! Crystal staggers around, only to get met with the SCHOOL’S OUT! Cover!

1!

2!

3!

“And your winners are Zack Malibu and Calvin Szechstein, The Thrillogy!”

COACH

I guess this means that next week on Heldown, we’ll see Sly Sommers vs. Crystal.

COLE

While this isn’t good for either Crystal or Sly, it’ll sure be an entertaining match for us, so tune in next Thursday!

Zack grabs his belt and him and Calvin make their way up the ramp. They celebrate as Sly slips in the ring to check on Crystal. They both stare up the ramp in anger as both Zack and Calvin just smirk. Zack raises his belt in the air as we fade to black.

oao2.jpg

Sign in to follow this