TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I will be uber-pissed if they kill off Desmond, Jin and Sawyer tonight. Maybe two out of the three but not all three. That would be too much.

I will be especially pissed if they kill off Desmond or Sawyer. Sawyer has grown on me and as for Desmond, well I'm not a big fan of love stories on TV shows (but you really can't avoid having them in a drama either) but the Desmond and Penny storyline must have a happy ending. :wub:

Okay, reading the spoilers on the "other members" of the O6.........those make no sense.

What did the spoilers say? The BRAND NEW FOOTAGE was just aired - Jack explaining the other survivors were Boone (suffered tremendous internal injuries and died after a few days), Libby ("didn't make it through the first week"), and Charlie (drowned a few weeks before they were able to leave). It makes sense to use them in case their bodies are ever discovered, but that wouldn't explain the bodies of Shannon, Nikki, Paulo, Ana-Lucia, or Scott, who were all buried in the same makeshift graveyard as Boone & Libby, not to mention other bodies buried around the island.

For one hour, fifty nine minutes, and fifty seconds, I was loving all this. Then I saw who was in the coffin, and my interest in this series shrivelled up and died. Locke was easily, by far, without question or competition, the single greatest character on this whole show. And he's dead? Fuck Lost.

You have to figure that once he gets back on the island, he'll be alive. It is, after all, a MAGICAL island.

I wonder if moving the island means moving it in time, which is why it's so hard to find.

I believe so... in Sayid's flash forward, Ben showed up in the same parka, with the same weapon, with the same wound on his arm in the future. So I am assuming the island moved in time and Ben landed off the island but at the same date that the island was moved to.

Penny + Desmond reunion was awesome. I wasn't expecting it this season actually, but when I saw it, I loved it.

They better be able to explain Locke being in the coffin very well. When shows do these crazy surprises, some people complain and think "Man, they're just making this up as they go along", but I don't mind unless they are able to explain it. That being said though, I am a huge fan of the Locke character and don't want him off the show. I hope they give him Christian Shepard treatment and still have him appear when he's dead.

Yeah, I know they do like some occasional Marvel Comics "he was only mostly dead" crap on Mystery Smoke Monster Love Triangle Island. But if he's no longer going to be one of the primary characters, my caring about this series has just took a pretty serious hit. And even if he shows up in some flashbacks or comes back later, he still looks pretty fuckin' dead right now. One of the things I hated the most about Lost is how they constantly kill off characters prematurely before getting the most value out of them or even giving them a decent arc. And now that they've seemingly done that to my single most favorite character on the whole show, why should I continue to watch?

I reiterate that the rest of the episode kicked so much ass that it came back around the other side and kicked balls as well. But I can't stress strongly enough how much the very idea of two more seasons without Locke pisses me off.

You realize he's dead in a flash forward, right? And didn't they say that it was 3 years in the future? He's still alive on the island, where/whenever it is.

Yeah, but every interview with the creative staff has said that season 5 will be all about getting back to the island. They never once mentioned focusing on anything that happened in between.

I know damn well that Locke might not be gone. But then again, he might be. I hope not. But the fact that they're even willing to tease us with the idea of it doesn't exactly make me happy. Locke is the kind of backbone cast member that if you're gonna kill him, you kill him at the end, not two years before.

I can see Locke coming back in a role like Obi-Won Kenobi guiding Luke Skywalker in Star Wars. He could pull a Christian Shepard and guide Jack into doing what he's "supposed to do" and give him cryptic messages that will rattle our brains more to rally the entire Oceanic 6 back to the island. Oh and when Ben said Jack has to bring everybody back to the island, I am assuming he means Walt as well?

Excellent finale, I thought. Some of the scenes were handled just so well -- the boat exploding, the island disappearing. This absolutely had the feel of a big-time climactic finale that could have served as the series finale for all I care. Penny and Desmond reuniting was unexpected but handled very nicely. Yunjin Kim's reaction to the boat exploding was tremendous and further convinced me she deserves an Emmy after this season. And as for Locke being in the coffin...come on Jingus. First off, next season is supposed to focus on WHY all of them want to get off the island. Jack has reached that point but we have yet to see why the other five have. Conversely, they're going to want to show what is taking place on the island. They talked about bad stuff happening once Jack left -- they will undoubtedly be showing what bad stuff actually happened. How Locke does as leader of the Others, what happens with Sawyer and Juliet, etc. It seems clear they're going with a dual setting for next season, with half the characters being shown off the island and half the characters being shown on. They won't just drop what is taking place on the island since that still remains the central root of the show and might make things too difficult to bring together in Season 6. So yes, I think next season will focus on what happened TO Locke on the island. And as someone said earlier, once they get back, I would be shocked if they don't go the Christian Shepherd route with him. He becomes a spirit on the island working through Jacob that guides Jack on how to become the new leader for those there. It just seems plainly obvious to me he is not dead, dead, dead but will continue to serve as one of the central characters the show is built around. If he is dead, I'll be very shocked.

And not to toot my own horn but looking at my predictions two weeks ago concerning who was going to die...

I'd have to say Keamy might be a given.

Check.

I think Michael's purpose for the island is finished, so he will die when the freighter blows up.

I hit that one dead on.

I still think Jin dies, and I think that was further hinted at tonight with Sun telling her father that two men were responsible for his death (i.e. we haven't learned the second one yet, so where would she get that person from unless he really did die?).

On first glance, it looks right, but obviously Jin might not necessarily be dead if the island doesn't want him to be dead, so this is still a toss-up. But either way, I'm not wrong here. And I think Charles Widmore is the second person Sun blames, so her plans for revenge will likely figure into next season with it starting with their meeting tonight.

I think Desmond manages to stay alive despite being in the room with the explosives, because too many people have become wrapped up in the Desmond/Penny saga for them to kill him off just now.

Yes, I hit this one too.

I say Faraday dies, just because they are doing so much to show how he is willing to save the other survivors, and there pretty much is no more reason he needs to stay alive for the show once they are saved.

Well, they didn't show what happened to him once the island disappeared, which is kinda odd. So I'm going to call this a question mark.

And according to my theory, Sawyer, but I am less sure about this than any other guess.

He didn't die but he DID toss himself off the helicopter to save fuel like I thought he would. So I'm giving myself half credit.

I have absolutely no doubt that Locke will remain a major part of this show. With the continued role of Christian Sheppard, the use of Charlie this season, the general island use of dead folk, the time travel aspect of the show, the non-linear storytelling of the show, and the mystery of what happened on that island, what Locke told everyone when he came to them, what happened between he, Jack, and Kate, and what happened on that island? I would be utterly shocked if Locke wasn't just as much of a regular next season as he has been for 4.

If I had to guess next season will tell us two stories happening at two times. We'll get the "present day" of the Oceanic Six and Ben and we'll get flashbacks of the island so that we can see what has happened in the three years since they've left and what the "lots of bad stuff" is that Jack mentioned. And that leaves Locke plenty alive for that plotline. Then Season 6 is probably them back on that island and Locke in the Obi Wan/Christian/Jacob role.

Either way Locke's clearly not done because at the very least they have to tell us how he died and why he came back to the island. And since its a show that relies on time travel and flashbacks I'm presuming that won't be told in a short bit of exposition in one episode.

I thought for a second it was going to be Frank or Desmond (obviously before he reunited with Penny) in the coffin. Between the suicide talk and the paranoia among the survivors getting stronger.

It was a great episode, I really enjoyed Hurley's character tonight. Loved the scene with Sayid (I got dead people talking to me, I don't need to be paranoid) and Eko! Loved his "you came back to get me" moment with Sawyer as well.

Wow, pretty amazing finale. More blown away than I've been at the end of any Lost season so far.

Two big things that jumped out to me......regarding Locke particularly....

1) At some point, he obviously goes back to the Orchid and teleports himself off the island and into the "real world", probably in order to save everyone who is left there, in whatever is happening there. Problem with this theory is, like Ben said, Locke supposedly CAN'T return to the island, correct? Once you go in the Orchid, you are essentially not allowed to return. That is, unless you're dead? All in all, it makes you wonder if Ben just has some big plan behind it all.

2) Sayed claimed Jeremy Whathisname (Locke) committed suicide a few days before and they need to get somewhere safe. Hmmm....again, rather confused about what this means and where they are going with it. Did Sayed kill Locke? Was this as a duty of Ben?

With those things said, keep in mind Ben is borderline batshit crazy to kill Widmore's daughter (Penny) for revenge. I'm thinking that Ben is finding a way for the O6 to locate Desmond once again to lead Ben to Penny. Consider that there was nothing discussed about the whereabouts of Desmond and Penny (and what a great scene THAT was when they reunited by the way) after the rest left Penny's boat. I'm thinking both of them, and Jeff Fahey's character essentially either go in hiding or somehow, someway, find their way back TO the island for safety's sake. And who knows what happened to the small raft that Farraday was on as well when the island shift occured. Chances are they are ok, but who knows. And the story with Charlotte, damn.

Otherwise, thats all I got for now, but I'm sure plenty more thoughts will abound in my head later after a second viewing.

Side note to those who arent' aware - in relation to the website marketing on the show tonight mentioned earlier, that same weekend in San Diego is the annual Comic Con, which I would assume will debut the new season's trailer, perhaps. If you go to the website, you enter your email and I would bet that once that date comes around, a trailer link will be sent to everyone on that mailing list or something like that.

One of the best finales, period. This was a make-or-break episode for the show and they knocked it out of the fucking park.

Miles is going to have FUN on that island. I honestly think that might be my most anticipated thing of next season.

I assumed it was teh Comic-Con as well. Must go!

I heard tickets were sold out, is that true? That was actually around the time I was thinking about rolling out to San Diego anyway(!!!)

I assumed it was the Comic-Con as well. Must go!

I heard tickets were sold out, is that true? That was actually around the time I was thinking about rolling out to San Diego anyway(!!!)

I don't know man. I'll have extra cash since that's days before my birthday. We're fucking going, no matter what!

EDIT: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.shtml

Looks like they're available still. By the day, anyway.

I assumed it was the Comic-Con as well. Must go!

I don't know man. I'll have extra cash since that's days before my birthday. We're fucking going, no matter what!

I'm sure it's going to be something else. I went to it waaaaay back in, shit, 96 or 95 (it was the year of the Death of Superman issue and the subsequent branches of Steel, Superboy, etc, occured.) and I was uber impressed at everything even back then. Can't even imagine what its' like now. Highlights included tons of TV and film presentation/panelists I can't even count, booths and freebies a plenty, and my perennial highlight, meeting Lloyd Kaufmann of Troma Films during a screening of Sgt. Kabukiman, NYPD. Oh it will be on! Tickets may turn out to be a premium, but I'm all for it. Gotta catch a lucha show in TJ this time around too.

Who's making the Losties keep quiet about what really happened on the island: Whitmore? The Others? Ben? Hanso? Jacob? Jack? Oceanic? I just wonder who's call it is to see that they don't tell the truth

Locke. I'll vote for Locke.

I got one right!

As confused as the show makes me I got one right!

Sign in to follow this