TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Patty O'Green

OAOAST HeldDOWN~! 12/30/04

OAOAST HeldDOWN~!

We’re treated to the lovely sounds of I Like by world class artist Katy Rose as the opening video blazes by on your TV screen.

ultimatelogohd.jpg

ENORMOUS FIREWORKS WITH A FESTIVE NEW YEARS THEME!!!!!!! Once the pyro settles we see an arena that’s so smokey it looks like its playing host to a bong convention as opposed to HeldDOWN~! Regardless of the poor visibility the fans are in crazed mood, stricken with anticipation for the final HeldDOWN~! of 04! Let’s go to Triple C who are decked out in tres chic pointy New Year’s cone hats!

COLE

Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the last edition of HeldDOWN for the year 2004! We are coming to you live from Phoenix, Arizona, home of the Phoenix Suns! I’m Michael Cole joined as always by Caboose and The Coach!

CABOOSE

Yes, yes. Our last pay per view of the year was a doozy and tonight we’ll see all the aftermath!

Last Sunday….

AXEL

I promise to end your career, Ragdoll.

RAGDOLL

Axel, listen to me. I….

“WHOA! WHOA! WHOA! Let’s end this nonsense right now!”

The pre-show video of the Axel/Ragdoll match suddenly pauses on a closeup picture of an intense Ragdoll, only minutes before his Career match with Axel.

“Yeah, that’s enough of that. Take that video off the screen and show something the people actually WANT to see!”

After a few moments, the photo of Ragdoll is taken off the screen, instead replaced with a shot of Drek Stone sitting pleasantly in a plush recliner, the OAOAST Heavyweight Title laying comfortably on his lap. The camera peels back a little bit to show Drek is actually in the privacy of a cozy wooden lodge, away from the howling winds threatening outside this haven of oak wood and mahogany. With a crackling fire looming in the fireplace behind him, Drek casually rubs his feet against the polar bear rug laying underneath his chair. Finally, with a contented sigh, Drek slowly leans back in his chair until it reclines enough for his approval. It’s now time for him to make his statement.

DREK

Good evening, everyone. My apologies for not being able to make it to the arena tonight. But with that grand performance I put in against Crystal last Sunday, I felt I owed it to myself to take a break and relax in my luxurious lodge. Away from all the hustle and bustle of sitting in a locker room with superstars who are simply not as good as myself. Rest assured, I will be back next week in full-force to give the people a great look at their beloved OAOAST Heavyweight Champion, but folks, tonight was just not the night.

CABOOSE

No Drek Stone?! Say it ain’t so!

COACH

I think the more important message here is – That is a beautiful bearskin rug. Where exactly did he buy that thing?

CABOOSE

Buy it? Drek Stone is a real man’s man! He whacked that bear before the animal even had a chance to lift a claw. Fuhgeddaboutit.

COLE

Forget about what?

CABOOSE

It.

COACH

What?

CABOOSE

The bear….I…..forget it.

DREK

But don’t you all worry. Don’t worry about a thing. Because I haven’t just left you in the lurch. No, I haven’t. Despite all the vile insults you people throw at me each and every week, I have still decided to take care of you the best way I know how. Yep, I have come up with a special plan here to give each of you your weekly Italian Stallion fix. You see, 2004 was the greatest year the OAOAST has ever seen in its short history. Drek Stone made his debut here and, to be quite honest, the world of professional wrestling has never quite been the same.

The fans in the arena start to boo but, considering that Drek Stone isn’t there, their jeers don’t phase him one iota.

DREK

It’s not enough to just have a silly catchphrase like Panther or a so-called intimidating look like Axel. It’s not enough to know economical factors like Stephen Popick or consistently speak inane bile like the Global Party Xchange. It’s not enough to have handsome boyish looks like Zack Malibu or a pair of tits like Crystal. Nope, ever since Drek Stone has stepped into town, the most important thing around here has been TALENT! The talent to step into that ring and outclass your opponent each and every time, whether it be through technical wrestling, brawling, or high-flying. The talent to know HOW to win the clutch matches. HOW to take advantages of the opportunites given to you. HOW to scout an opponent and make sure you know every weakness they have before stepping into the ring. HOW to capitalize on one mistake your opponent makes and use it to end the match, just like I did against Crystal at Christmas Climax. Folks, I know how to do it all – which is what makes me better than all the rest! That’s why I’m sitting here right now with the Heavyweight gold resting on my lap. Yes, 2004 was a great year for us all. A great year for anybody that loves professional wrestling – simply because I gave to them exactly what they had been craving.

With a sigh, Drek takes a sip from his nearby crystal wine glass, then addresses the camera once more.

DREK

Now, make no mistake about it. 2004 was an excellent year for myself as well. I’ve done more in these past eight months than other people could EVER hope to do in their entire lives. But sadly enough, this is what has made tonight’s decision so difficult.

COLE

Wait….what’s he talking about?

CABOOSE

I have no idea.

DREK

I’ve been thinking about this for the past month. I’ve been debating in my mind exactly how I should go about it. It’s been one of the most toughest decisions I’ve ever had to make in my entire life and, to be quite honest, I’m just sitting here right now hoping I won’t regret it.

CABOOSE

Uh-oh. Drek, man, what the hell are you talking about?

COACH

This can’t be what it sounds like.

DREK

So here we go. I’m just going to push my anxiety on the side for a moment, and put it all on the line here. Everybody, this has been a painstaking decision, but I think I’ve finally done it. Your Heavyweight Champion has finally finished. I think I’ve FINALLY devised the Top 5 Drek Stone Moments for 2004!

CABOOSE

WOW!!!

COLE

Oh god, is this what he was leading up to?

CABOOSE

YES! It’s like Christmas has come once again!

DREK

I mean, I’ve had so many excellent moments in the past eight months, it was just extremely difficult to pick out my five best moments. But I really think I’ve finally done it. Folks, you have no idea how many sleepless nights I’ve had to spend to try and think of exactly how to go about it. But, for all your sakes, I’ve finally done it. Each memory here, I’m sure, is as embedded in your mind as it was in mine, so I have no doubt you’ll absolutely love reliving each and every single one. To celebrate your concluding 2004 Heavyweight Champion, I have given you these special memories to enjoy. So now, with that out of the way, let me introduce you all to my #5 moment.

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #5

DREK

The date was April 1st, 2004. The HeldDown right after AngleMania to be exact. People were afraid that the OAOAST was going to hit a lull in the upcoming months, coming right off their biggest PPV either. Well, the federation hit ANYTHING but a lull – and I solely thank myself for that. I hit this company like a whirlwind, made a few promises that I have since fulfilled, and beat the snot out of some punk that was trying to soil my name. Yes, the night was a great time for all, and a proper foreshadowing of the success I would see in upcoming months. Enjoy!

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #5:

THE DEBUT OF “RECKLESS” DREK STONE

COLE

And now let’s take it to Jackie, who has one of our newest superstars in the back. Jackie?

*The camera cuts back to Jackie Gayda standing backstage with “Reckless” Drek Stone. Drek begins to fix the jacket of his seemingly-expensive Armani suit as Jackie is speaking to the home viewers. Giving a smirk to the camera, he pulls a comb out of his front pocket and starts to methodically run it through his hair. Finally, once he’s finished grooming, he clasps both hands in front of himself*

JACKIE

Thanks, Michael. Folks, I’m back here with one of the newest acquisitions to OAOAST, Drek Stone. Mr. Stone, could you tell me….

DREK

Whoa, whoa, whoa…..don’t you worry your pretty, little face about introductions. Jackie, I have this one. Why don’t you walk your cute, little BUTT out of here and leave this to a man. Okay, toots?

JACKIE

Whatever.

*Jackie leaves the backstage scene*

DREK *smirking*

Now, ladies and gentlemen, I warn you. Don’t think your television set has decided to begin playing tricks on you. In all reality, it’s actually telling you the truth. It's not impossible! There CAN be one man that is completely flawless. There CAN be one man that is the utter Total Package. And yes, people, there CAN be one man that is absolutely faultless…a Greek God if you will. And, in case you didn’t catch the name the first time, let me mention it again. This example of perfection goes by the name of DREK STONE!

COACH

God, what an ego

CABOOSE

You call that an ego, Coach? I call it confidence!

DREK

So…..I’m sure everyone here now has one burning question on their mind. Something that they are just begging to hear an answer for. “Why, Drek? Why are you here?” Why am I here, you ask? Because……as a professional wrestler…..I have an obligation to be here. Look at the statistics. Before making my way into the OAOAST, I was the Heavyweight Champion of three different federations. THREE! These companies were nothing before I arrived! However, once I became the representative of these federations, business absolutely skyrocketed. Arenas were being sold out, the companies were taking in truckfuls of money…..hell, David Letterman and Jay Leno were having bidding wars with one another to get me on their show! Every single time I became the champion, I was a runaway promotional machine. I brought those companies to heights they never reached before, and heights they would never reach again……which is why I am now here. I feel obligated to do the same to the OAOAST. To remove it from the status of being an absolute joke and actually making it something. Who the hell is going to do that? Alfdogg? Calvin Szechstein? Zack Malibu?! Jokes. All of them. An embarrassment to the sport, and I actually feel myself getting less talented as I stand in the same arena as them. I need to fix this mess. I need to do what I have done three times before. And you people….and these guys in the back…..they might not welcome me now. But soon, they will thank me. They will get on their hands and knees, and KISS my freshly-polished shoes. I will do what needs to be done. With my unsurpassed athletic skills and absolutely flawless physical features, I will be the epitome of the OAOAST savior. You all WILL thank me later.

COLE

Who asked for this guy to save the OAOAST? We don’t need him. The federation is better than ever!

CABOOSE

Oh stop it, Cole. It’s becoming a sinking ship, and Drek Stone is here to save it. Thank GOD!

DREK

Finally……wait, wait, folks, hold on a second.

*Out of the corner of his eye, Drek sees Simon Stone walking towards the locker room.*

DREK

Hey Simon……….SIMON……..come over for a second.

*Simon Stone walks up to Reckless with a smile on his face*.

DREK

Don’t tell me…..are you Simon Stone? THE Simon Stone?! You can’t POSSIBLY be the Simon Stone I’ve heard so much about!

SIMON

Heh, yes sir, I am.

DREK

Oh, this is quite an honor. It truly is. You see, I’ve been waiting to meet you for a long time.

SIMON

Really? Thanks! It truly means a lot to me to hear that. But do you mind if I ask why?

DREK

Oh, no problem. See, I’ve been watching OAOAST programming off-and-on for the past couple of months now. And you…..YOU, friend…..were one of the people that caught my eye. And you know why that is?

SIMON

*shakes head* No…..

DREK

Because…..you’ve made a complete MOCKERY out of my name!

*Drek Stone plants a hard punch across the cheek of Simon Stone. Simon immediately crumbles to the ground, not expecting such a cheap shot. Drek grabs Simon’s hair with one hand, and begins to punch him in the face with the other. He quickly picks Simon off the ground, gets a solid grasp of his head, and absolutely RAMS it into a nearby wall.*

COLE

Oh my god, what the hell was THAT for?!

COACH

This makes me sick!

*Simon has absolutely no idea where he is at this point, but this doesn’t stop Drek at all. Once again, he picks Simon up off the floor. This time, he walks with him for a short distance before stopping in front of the locker room doors. He grabs Simon’s arm and gives him a VICIOUS irish-whip into the steel doors. Upon impact, the doors slams open and Simon is rolled into the locker room. Drek follows him and quickly picks up the clearly-in-pain Simon Stone.*

DREK

You son-of-a-bitch! Do you realize what you’ve DONE?! You nearly RUINED the wrestling name of Stone. Do you realize that?! DO YOU?! Thank God there are people like me to save it! But you…..you’re worthless!!

*Drek grabs Simon by the back of his head and smoothly slams it into a nearby locker. After nearly five different collisions, he lets Simon prop himself up on one of the lockers. He grabs a closeby metal folding chair and begins to chuckle to himself. Finally, he pulls the chair back and absolutely DRILLS Simon in the head with it. Finally, Simon slumps to the ground. He is an absolute, bloody mess.*

COACH

Why did he have to do that? Huh?! People SIT on those chairs!!

*Drek Stone finally stands over Simon, looking at the damage he has just caused.*

DREK

Simon, realize this. There is only room for ONE Stone here in the OAOAST. I don’t want to see you SOIL my name anymore. Do you realize the damage you could have caused?! How you might have almost GROUNDED the shooting rocket that has been my career?! It won’t happen again! I’ll make SURE OF IT!!

*He makes sure to give Simon a few more extra stomps, just to add insult to injury.*

COLE

That was disgusting. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING what he just did to Simon Stone.

CABOOSE

Hey now, let’s not jump to premature conclusions. I mean….Simon WAS ruining the name of Stone.

COACH

Somebody needs to teach this Drek Stone something about respect here in the OAOAST.

*Drek Stone starts to walk out of the locker room until he stops in front of a mirror. He slowly pulls out a comb, and once again begins to methodically run it through his hair. After combing his hair, he makes sure to fix his jacket and verify that both sides are even. Finally, he takes a long look at the time on his silver watch and silently laughs to himself. He winks at the reflection staring back at him in the mirror, and leaves the locker room and an unconscious Simon Stone.*

COLE

He actually took time to fix himself after that brutal attack just now. My god, what a despicable ego!

COACH

Correction. What a despicable human being.

CABOOSE

What a great set of hair!

DREK

Yes, folks, as hard as this is to believe, that was only my #5 Greatest Moment. Stay tuned, because the rest will be coming up soon! Promise.

(back to the arena)

BUFFER

The following contest on HeldDOWN is tag team action set for one fall. Already in the ring, from Pittsburgh, Rip Away. His partner, from Boise, Idaho, Allen Landerson.

Rip and Allen are two generic jobbers, both wearing matching navy blue trunks that look like they were brought at a Thrift Store. Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box" cues up, and with Holly-Wood and their Director of Wrestling Operations James E. Cornette leading the way, The Saints appear on the stage in their rockstar look -- all leather. Leather jackets and pants with black boots. Synth and Logan strut down the aisle, brushing off fans who try to reach over the railing to touch them.

BUFFER

And their opponents. From Sin City, accompanied to the ring by their Director of Wrestling Operations James E. Cornette and their Image Consultant Holly-Wood, weighing 448 pounds, Jim Cornette Enterprises and Arista Records present the self-proclaimed greatest rock 'n' wrestling band of all time, Synth and Logan...THE SAAAINTS!

COLE

The Saints have been making a lot of news lately, most notably for their actions during the New New Midnight Express-Hell's Hitmen match at Climax. For those of you who couldn't join us at Climax, Synth nailed "Sarcastic" Simon with the tennis racket, knocking out Singleton, leaving "Narcissistic" Ned alone to the Hitmen. Of course we all know what happened after that.

CABOOSE

Yeah. Synth's afro caught on fire after JINGUS threw a fireball. Look at his hair. It losted some of its fluff.

COLE

I was actually talking about JINGUS using a fork to make Ned bleed. But what you said happened as well. I'll be interviewing The Saints after this bout, hopefully getting to the bottom of this in-house feud with them and the NNMX, as well as an update on the NNMX.

COACH

You guys remember when Michael Jackson's hair caught on fire? Huh? Hello?

CABOOSE

Shut up.

* DING DING *

Logan "Cowabunga" Mann and Allen Landerson start things for their respective teams. Collar-and-elbow tieup. Logan with a knee to the gut, followed by a double axe-handle across the back. Mann continues to hammer the back with punishing axe-handles. Front facelocked applied. Logan takes Landerson's up and down with a vertical suplex. Mann picks his opponent up off the canvas and slams him near his (Allen's) corner, allowing Landerson to tag in his partner Rip Away.

CABOOSE

Great sportsmanship there, don't you think?

COACH

The Coach thinks Rip and Allen don't have much of a chance.

CABOOSE

Caboose thinks you should shut up...again!

The Saints make a tag of their own as well. Synth and Rip now the legal now. The Synthmeister asks Rip to hold on for a sec as he feels up his afro, spins around and to the loud boos of the crowd Moonwalks to the opposite side of the ring. Synth looks at both sides of the arena, as one side says "Synth," the other side says "Sucks!" The flamboyish member of the self-proclaimed greatest rock 'n' wrestling band of all time blocks out the boos, and goes right after Rip. Away catches a charging Synth with a droptoe hold. Rip floats over the top into a front facelock. Now on one knee, Synth uses a double leg takdown to break free, then runs over Rip's chest, bouncing off the ropes but missing with an elbow drop. Rip quickly takes advantage of Synth's misfortune, placing the right arm of Synth's between his thighs, cranking it back with every bit of strength he has.

COLE

Synth is trapped in an armbreaker, or as Rip likes to call it -- Tear Away. The ligaments and tendons in the arm being stretched here.

Synth pounds his hand on the mat, frustrated by being upstaged by a lesser known talent. The Synthmeister rises to his feet, his arm still in the armbreaker, and viciously kicks Rip in the face with his left boot until Rip breaks the hold. And he does. Synth uses the hair to pick his opponent from off the ground, sending him into the corner. Now backed in the corner, Rip is punished by a series of rapid punches and kicks to the midsection. Synth climbs onto the second rope and pounds his fist into Rip's forehead while singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas! We wish you a Merry Christmas!"

COLE

Uh, maybe somebody needs to tell Synth he's a week late.

CABOOSE

No, he isn't. Synth mailed out his presents on the 22nd -- like many of us, he tends to do things in the last minute -- so they've now just arrived...in Rip's face!

Vertical Suplex by Synth, nicely done. Outside of "Narcissistic" Ned and T-Bod, the man who most highly thinks of himself climbs to the second rope. FLYING ELBOW DROP.

"Ah likes this kind of par-tay. Ah likes this kind of par-tay," a confident Synth Esizer says to referee Charles Robinson, as he makes the cover. Rip's partner, Allen Landerson, runs into the ring to breakup the count, but he's met by a vicious left hook by Logan, then PERCUSSION (DDT). Mann rushes back to his corner, where Synth tags him in. Synth climbs to the top, as Logan gets Rip up for a POWERBOMB. Mann showcases his strength as he keeps Rip up until Synth crashes down across his chest with a FLYING LEGDROP.

ELECTRIC MELODY!

3!

* DING DING DING *

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, the winners of your match, Synth and Logan...THE SAAAINTS!

COACH

Let's go to Michael Cole with The Saints. Mikey?

COLE

Thanks, Coach. Here with Jim Cornette and The Saints. James E., we haven't heard a word from you since Climax. Everybody saw the way you abandon the New New--

CORNETTE

I didn't abandon anybody, Michael Cole. Jim Cornette Enterprises is a family. The Saints and New New Midnight Express are family. Yeah, they don't always get along. But tell me which family does. All I did was help a family member in need. Synth's hair caught on fire -- ON FIRE -- after that moron, JINGUS, threw a fireball in his face! Bill Watts and those jerks at OAOAST Towers should be thrilled that I haven't filed a lawsuit. The New New Midnight Express-Hell's Hitmen First Blood match was total chaos. The OAOAST brings in Abdullah the Butcher -- Abdullah and law and order don't mix -- as special guest enforcer for that bout. And what does he do? He attacks me! A referee is supposed to be fair and balanced, like Fox News.

SYNTH

Looks at what you've done, Fruity Pebbles. You gots Mr. C. worked up. Yeah, ah got a fireball threw at me's face, and it resulted in me's 'fro gettin' clipped a few inches. But all we's wuz doin' wuz helpin' our brothers, the New New Midnight Express. Ah didn't means to hit Simon's face like a tee ball. I wuz tryin' to hit the Devilman. Simon didn't say don't swing.

COLE

How are "Sarcastic" Simon and "Narcissistic" Ned, Jim Cornette?

CORNETTE

Why do you want to know? You wanna send them flowers?

COLE

I--

CORNETTE

See, Michael Cole, you don't have the best interests of the New New Midnight Express at heart, and only people who care about Simon and Ned will be informed on their condition. But I also wanna say something to Black T, two-thirds of the OAOAST World tag team champions. Guys, Synth and Logan believe it's time to collect on a favor. Unless, of course, you'd rather have Roger Moore's...

SYNTH

Sir Roger!

CORNETTE (CONT'D)

That's right -- Sir Roger Moore's favorite tag team spill the beans about that little something-something you paid a certain little greatest rock 'n' wrestling band of all time to do. Up to you, of course. You know our number.

::Camera cuts back to Triple C after that exhilarating matchup. The arena is still buzzed when the see the lights turn on over Sofa Central ™, flooding Coach, Cole, and Caboose with white light::

Cole

We're getting word of a backstage altercation, involving Stephen Joseph?

Coach

We haven't seen, nor heard, from Stephen Joseph in months. What could he be doing back?

Caboose

Up to no good my friends...

Cole

Perhaps this involves The Mad Cappa's comments from Christmas ClimaXXX?

::Flash to Christmas ClimaXXX, Cappa in the rind in mid-speech::

“OH MY GOD!”

“Stephen Joseph had been right all along! The man was right! Now I see what he was talking about! I was a fool for not listening to what the man was trying to say to me during those brief months that I was trying to get out of the INTEN5E!”

Coach

It's heating up backstage!

::Cut to: Backstage area, a hallway, multiple security guards, big, skinny, fat, obviously wrestlers in training, are pushing/holding Stephen Joseph at bay. He's dressed in his normal black dress suit.

Stephen Joseph

You can't keep me out! I'm a licensed wrestler, and a freaking Pay-Per-View Coordinator! Have you even seen the rave reviews for ClimaXXX?

Bill Watts

Stephen, this has nothing to do with you and me, nor you, me, and Cappa. Because of your very inactivity, you cannot be permitted in the ring before undergoing a thorough physical.

Stephen Joseph

What kind of cock-a-mani bullshit is this Watts? That has never been used before...Ever.

Bill Watts

I didn't do it Stephen. My hands are tied.

Stephen Joseph

Well, who did Watts, because I'm going to go have a word with them...outside this arena ::To guards:: Get your hands off, this suit costs more than your mother

Bill Watts

Remember you old running buddies, the one who swore to hate those whom you hated?

Stephen Joseph

Oh, it's on with that motherfucker now. Even if I have to call him out week after week, month after month, until he has time in his little plans...oh its on.

::And with that, Stephen Joseph storms out of the hallway::

Cole (back at Sofa Central)

But who did this to Stephen Joseph? We'll have to wait to find out!

(Go to break)

The HeldDOWN logo slowly flashes on and off the screen, fading out as we hear the opening chords of Metallica's "Hero of the Day." The shot opens in a slow-motion close-up of Hoff, to a cheer from the live crowd.

Mama they try and break me...

As the guitar riff slowly plays, the close-up shot fades into a shot of Hoff lying, injured, on the floor, following his attack on the 11/4 edition of HeldDOWN. The song rolls into the first verse...

The window burns to light the way back home...

We see footage of Hoff's HeldDOWN debut, running in through the crowd, spinebusting Zack Malibu, and running out through the audience, looking back with a smile on his face.

A light that warms no matter where they go....

We see shots of Hoff's entrance, the big man smiling and playing to the crowd as he walks down the ramp.

They're off to find the hero of the day....

Clips air of Hoff posing on the second turnbuckle, waving the crowd to its feet, and pumping a fist into the air.

But what if they should fall to someone's wicked ways...

We see a shot of Hoff, Zack Malibu, Calvin Szechstein, and Candie standing arm-in-arm at the top of the ramp, smiling. The music picks up as we hit the chorus...

Still the window burns

A shot of Hoff nailing AJ Flaire with a chairshot to the back.

Time so slowly turns

Shot of Hoff hitting Chris Stevens with a spinebuster.

And someone there is sighing...

Clip of Hoff hitting the big elbow on Crystal.

Keepers of the flames

Shot of Hoff screaming in the middle of a match.

Do ya feel your name

A shot of Hoff and Zack Malibu high-fiving.

Can't you hear your babies crying...

The song again grows calmer, and we see more clips of Hoff looking out over the fans.

A shot rolls of Hoff and Crystal locking eyes before their World Without End title match.

Still they try and break me...

A clip of Hoff and Zack Malibu staring at each other...

'Scuze me while I tend to how I feel...

A slow-mo clip rolls of Hoff telling the Thrillogy he doesn't need their help, and Zack and Calvin protest.

As things return to me that still seem real...

We see a shot of Hoff at AngleMania III, looking out over the crowd, smiling softly. The music kicks up again...

Now deservingly this easy chair...

We see a shot of Hoff sitting at ringside in a steel chair, studying Crystal during a match. The shot blends into a shot of Zack Malibu in the back, watching a monitor, frowning.

But the rocking stopped by wheels of despair...

A shot rolls of Zack Malibu calling off out to the ring, blending into a shot of Hoff being slapped by Malibu.

Don't want your aid

A shot of Hoff clotheslining Crystal at World Without End.

But the fist I've made

A shot of Crystal getting hit with the spinebuster.

For years can't hold or feel

Hoff hits Crystal with the Rock Bottom.

No I'm not all me

Crystal hits Hoff with a spinning heel kick.

So please excuse me while I tend to how I feel...

Footage aris of Crystal hitting the Diamond in the rough, and Hoff kicking out. The music drives on to the bridge...

But now the dreams and waking screams that ever last the night...

Footage airs of Hoff getting trapped in the Crystalling at World Without End. A closeup shows Hoff at first screaming, then losing conciousness.

So build the wall behind the crawl and hide until it's light....

Crystal pulls all her weight into the Crystalling as the referee checks on Hoff.

So can you hear your babies cryin' now?

The referee raises Hoff's hand, and the hand drops onto the bottom rope. The bridge hits, and the guitar wails as the fans visibly come to their feet at World Without End. The scene fades into Hoff hitting the top-rope Future Shock, draping an arm over Crystal, and winning the OAOAST Title. The scene again transitions, this time into a handshake between Hoff and Crystal just as the third chorus hits...

Still the window burns

A shot of Hoff's first entrance of his first match in December of 2003.

Time so slowly turns

A shot of Hoff coming to the ring the HD after World Without End as the new OAOAST champion.

And someone there is sighing

A clip of Hoff during the recent interview, mouthing the words "Zack Malibu."

Keepers of the flame

Shot of Hoff dropping Gunner Sharps with the Future Shock.

Do ya hear your name?

Another shot of an opponent in the Future Shock -- this time, Crystal.

Can ya hear your babies cryin'?

A shot of Hoff yelling down at Chris Stevens, lying on the mat.

But now the dreams and waking screams that ever last the night....

A shot of Hoff in pain, trapped in the Crystalling.

So build the wall

A shot of Hoff hitting the guardrail.

Behind the crawl

Shot of Hoff and CWM brawling into the crowd.

And hide until it's light...

A shot of Hoff being drilled with School's Out by Malibu.

So can you hear your babies cryin' now....

The song heads to its conclusion, the guitar riff blaring as we once again see the image of Hoff lying on the arena floor, broken.

Mama they try, mama they try...

Variou shots of Hoff, close-ups, entrance shots, celebration shots...all with fire in his eyes.

Mama they try, mama they try...

The scene fades out on Hoff looking over his shoulder after AngleMania III. Looking at the ring...then down. The shot fades into a shot of Hoff posed on the second rope, with the world title oer his shoulder, as the song fades. The screen fades out and goes black....

NEXT WEEK:

THE RETURN

(Return from break)

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #4

DREK

Here we go. In the grand scheme of things, this memory has actually been forgotten when compared to some of my greater triumphs in recent months. But this has really proven itself to be one of my finest hours. It was a steaming hot night in July. July 8th, 2004. Calvin Szechstein challenged me for a shot at my newly-won OAOAST Italian Championship. Trying to regain some kind of spark he felt he had lost in recent months, he was looking to use me as some kind of stepping stone for greener pastures. Well, he didn’t know exactly what he was getting himself into. In front of the entire world, on a live edition of HeldDown, I showed everyone out there that I was for real by beating a former Heavyweight Champion of the world. Folks, I introduce to you my #4 moment, which we’re going to be cutting into near the end of the match. Have fun.

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #4:

DREK STONE MAKES CALVIN SZECHSTEIN TAP OUT

Sitting on the mat, Calvin slowly wipes the sweat off of his forehead and shoots a confused glance towards Drek. Suddenly, Calvin opens his eyes wider, and a large smile crosses his face. He gingerly uses the middle rope to pull himself back up to his feet. Meanwhile, Drek has begun to roll around the mat, clutching at his neck with both hands. After a few seconds, he’s finally able to lift himself up onto one knee. Trying to inhale as much oxygen as he can, and coughing as a result, Drek woozily makes it into a standing position. Meanwhile, Calvin is standing behind him, almost stalking an unaware Drek. Drek begins to stagger back after standing up…..and he walks right into a Katahajime from Calvin!!

COLE

It’s a Tazz-Mission!! TAZZ-MISSION FROM CALVIN SZECHSTEIN!

COACH

Uh….Mikey…..we can’t use that term, you know. Copyright infringement and all that messy stuff.

COLE

There’s no way Drek’s neck could continue to take this damage!

CABOOSE

And now, Calvin is trying to add a body-scissors to the move. What intuitiveness!

COLE

If he locks in that body-scissors, it will be all over. There’s no escape!

The fans start screaming as Drek excitedly tries to pull Calvin’s arm away from his throat. Calvin begins to attempt to lift his legs up to trap Drek in a simulatenous bodyscissors, but he just doesn’t have the strength to lift his right leg up that high. Drek, noticing that Calvin is having some trouble with his leg, catches it during one of Calvin’s attempts and grapevines it with his arm. Calvin, shouting in agony, slightly loosens the hold, giving Drek the opportunity to use his free arm to pry apart the hold. Drek quickly steps to the side and brings Calvin down to the mat with a high backdrop! After the move, Drek immediately floats over and rises up to his feet. He speedily spins his body around Calvin’s right leg, grabs his left leg, and falls to the mat……SLAPPING CALVIN SZECHSTEIN INTO A FIGURE-FOUR LEGLOCK!!

COLE

And he finally locked it in! Drek Stone has Calvin locked into the figure-four!!

CABOOSE

Look at the pain Calvin is in! I can’t see him like this!

Almost instantly after the move is fully applied, Calvin starts screaming and strives to reach the ropes. But Drek isn’t having any of it. He adds even more pressure to the move, leaving Calvin struggling to seize any opportunity to escape. He tries to reach for Drek’s hair, but Drek quickly pulls his head away and increases the pressure. Calvin starts to make a solid attempt to turn his body over! HE TURNS HIS BODY TO THE SIDE…..

BUT DREK STOPS THE MOMENTUM AND PUTS CALVIN ONTO HIS BACK AGAIN!

CABOOSE

And there’s Drek, using sheer guts to put Calvin onto his back!

COLE

These fans are going nuts! What’s going to happen here?!

Calvin lies down on his back, starting to fade from the pain, and the referee begins to count.

ONE…..

TWO….

BUT CALVIN SITS BACK UP!! Again, he tries to reach for Drek’s head, but it’s no use. Drek simply pulls his head back and continues to apply more pressure to the move. Calvin begins to wildly survey the area around him, looking for any ring ropes to grab!

COACH

Calvin Szechstein is reaching for something……anything….to help him!

COLE

But what can he do?! The pain must be UNBEARABLE!

Many of the fans in the arena are screaming for Calvin to reach the ropes!! But Calvin lifts his arm up….

……

……lifts it up……

……

……AND TAPS OUT!!

*DING DING DING*

COACH

……wow!

COLE

Amazing! Drek Stone has gotten Calvin Szechstein to tap out here tonight! And, in the process, has retained his Italian Championship!

DREK

There we go. Excellent. For all of you, I even clipped out the nonsense that took place at the end of it. No need to thank me. And stay tuned now, because the Top 3 Moments of Drek Stone’s Year are coming up soon!

(To the arena)

“HeldDown is back, folks…up next we have…” The always-energetic Michael Cole is cut-off mid-sentence as the drowning sounds of Metallica’s “Frantic” put the fans on their feet and searching the stage for the causes of the distraction…

“You got pwn’d!” Caboose laughs as everyone’s least favorite Australian cousins appear from behind the curtain…first Cameron, then Jarvo, then Saxon, and last but certainly not least – Kevin.

“It’s AWOL!! The 24/7 Champion is in the hizz-ouse!” Coach calls, leading Cole and Caboose to both twist their heads in his general direction, but he simply ignores them as Kevin Aussie begins to speak, staying on the outside as his three cousins enter the ring.

“SHOW US SOME RESPECT!!” Kevin yells, only for another loud chorus of boos to echo down from the rafters and drown him out. “We have been in this STUPID federation for a long time now and we have seen nothing but amateur night and guys with the technical prowess of a broken Cricket Bat in this ring! Now my cousin Cameron has decided that TONIGHT…ONE NIGHT ONLY…he will offer up his 24/7 Championship to AAAAANYONE that thinks they can come out here and defeat him…”

…Kevin pauses…

“…and us.”

“AWOL is throwing out the gauntlet, ladies and gentlemen!” Cole piques up, as Kevin enters the ring and joins Jarvo and Saxon, creating a large Australian wall in front of Cameron, who stands holding his belt proudly, shining it with his knuckles.

It is only after a few seconds that the foreign sound of machine gun fire erupts around the arena, prompting Michael Cole to scream like a small girl and dive under his desk as the lights go down, and a lone spotlight catches the entranceway. The curtain parts, and out steps a lone figure.

“Introducing…. DEVIN GEEEEEEEDDON!”

“Get up Michael! It seems that this new guy has come to the challenge of the Aussies, and he does not look like a happy camper.” Coach remarks as Geddon hits the ringside area, standing at the base of the ring and looking up at the four men beyond the ropes.

“Come on, you want some of this!” Kevin starts, but almost before he can get the words out Devin is in the ring, his foot in the air and catching Kevin across the side of the face. The Aussie falls and his cousins scatter, with Cameron exiting the ring and leaving Jarvo and Saxon to step up and face off against the monster.

“What is this a handicap match?” Cole asks as he meekly looks on from just above his desk as Jarvo moves in, drawing Geddon to him as Saxon comes up from behind and hits a beautiful standing dropkick.

…but Devin is unfazed.

Jarvo is less than prepared for the attack as Geddon lunges forward, his arm outstretched, the sound of flesh hitting flesh as the 300 pound Australian is flipped inside out, his body lifting completely off the canvas and rotating like a top before crashing to the mat.

“MY GOD!!”

Devin turns, only to find Saxon rushing at him once more, the lightweight leaping from off of the downed Jarvo’s shoulders and into the air…

“CROSS BODY!!!!”

”BLOCKED!!”

Coach makes the call as Devin catches the smaller wrestler in his arms and lifts him above his head, holding him in a press before throwing him across the ring, clearing the body of Jarvo and nearly causing Saxon to fly out of the ring!

“Holy Shit! Holy Shit! Holy Shit!”

The crowd chants as Cameron goes to make a move, only to see Jarvo making his way to his feet again, the two behemoths squaring off once more. The Aussie attacks with a forearm shot, only for Devin to shake it off and fire back with a closed fist, the sound of his knuckles cracking against Jarvo’s nose. Blood flies through the air and, by instincts alone, the giant clutches at his face, only to catch a hard boot to his midsection, doubling him over and leaving him in the perfect position to be hoisted up onto Devin’s shoulder.

“HE PICKED HIM UP!!” Coach and Cole both yell, causing a double slap from Caboose as Devin moves forward and throws his weight down, JARRING the ring with the hard chest-first slam.

Without thinking, Devin spins his body around and clutches his hands around Jarvo’s neck and traps his arm with his legs, pulling back with reckless abandon, causing the giant to scream out in pain as blood flows from his nose and his frame is bent backwards.

Kevin enters the ring, trying to stop Geddon, but it’s too late…

“JARVO JUST TAPPED OUT!! UNBELIEVABLE!!”

Geddon releases the hold just as Kevin’s foot catches the back of his head, but the kick does more to hurt the big man’s demeanor than his body, and before Kevin can run he finds himself face-to-face with Devin, the new superstar’s eyes glowing with rage.

“I…don’t…think…so…”

Kevin yelps as Devin grabs him by the throat and lifts him into the air…

CLANG!!

…but Saxon attacks from behind with a chair!!

“Uh Ohhhhh…”

Cole is right, as Devin continues to hold Kevin in the air as he spins around, his foot driving up and catching Saxon in the ribs. The lightweight falters, and with his free arm Devin clutches him around the head and drops, bringing Kevin down from space as he drives Saxon into the canvas with a hard, unrelenting bulldog.

“DIVINE LIGHT!! AND SAXON EATS THE MAT AS WELL!”

The referee even jumps back a bit as the two Aussies writhe on the canvas, only to each feel the pressure on their necks as Devin pins them down with his huge hands…

One!

Two!

“HE PULLED THEM UP!!”

Cole can be heard whimpering now as Devin pulls the two men up, his gaze turning toward Cameron as he holds each by the throat and lifts them up, carrying them to the side of the ring and throwing them as hard as he can to the outside!!

“HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!”

“HOLY (BLEEP)!” Caboose yells as Saxon and Kevin hit the floor with two loud disgusting thuds, their bodies in need of severe medical attention. Cameron looks on, holding his championship as his cousins lay motionless but breathing, EMTs rushing to their aide.

“Look at that monster’s eyes! Look at them!” Coach exclaims as Devin points toward Cameron and closes his eyes, almost as if taunting the AWOL leader into giving it his best shot.

“I can’t watch this…” Cole mumbles as he once again crawls back under the desk, just as Cameron enters and PLASTERS the big man with the gold belt. Devin staggers back and Cameron fires in with another hard shot, this one nearly putting Geddon over the top rope!

SMACK!

Another hard shot, and Geddon FLIPS TO THE OUTSIDE!!

…and lands ON HIS FEET!

Cameron can’t believe it as Geddon stands on his two feet and reaches under the bottom rope, grabbing the champion by his ankles and pulling out hard, dragging Cameron to the outside and holding him by his throat, squeezing it as hard as he can as Jarvo gets up just behind him.

“Help….me…” Cameron squeals to his cousin, and Jarvo attacks, booting Geddon in the back as he holds his shoulder from the submission earlier in the brawl. The referee exits the ring and tries to call Jarvo off, but the big man continues his attack, throwing Geddon into the ring post and lining up for a huge spear…

BOOOOOM!

“HE MOVED!!” Caboose screams now, as Jarvo’s injured shoulder crushes against the ringpost, leaving the big man to fall to his knees in pain. Geddon turns his attention back to the champion, who is back in the ring, crawling for his injured family on the other side of the ring, but Geddon is too quick, sliding into the ring and grabbing him by the ankles, pulling him back from the ropes as the referee comes back into the ring.

“This is just SICK!” Coach comments as Cameron finds himself on his feet, but not for long as Geddon wraps his arms around the AWOL leader and lifts him up, stepping back toward the corner and jumping into the air…

“HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT! HOLY SHIT!”

“THAT…THAT COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!!” Michael Cole’s voice is heard as he watches the action from a monitor under his desk, the image of Cameron’s head falling through the air and connecting with nothing but the top turnbuckle, his entire body shaking before collapsing onto the canvas as Geddon rolls him over and stands up, placing his foot across the AWOL leader’s chest.

One.

Two.

Three.

DING DING DING!!

“Ladies and Gentlemen…here is your NEW OAOAST TWENTY-FOUR SEVEN CHAMPION…DEVIN GEEEEEEEEEEDDON!!!”

The referee hands Devin the gold belt, and he stares at it for just a second before turning to find Jarvo standing in front of him, blocking his exit. His bloody face and twisted right shoulder showing his wear and tear from just a few moments with Geddon.

“He’s coming back for mo—“ Coach cannot even get the words out as Devin moves forward, his fist coming up and catching the Aussie in the nose once more. Jarvo falls to his knees, and Devin pulls him up, lifting him to his shoulder once more…

WHAAAAM!!

“ANOTHER HARD SLAM!!” All three announcers yell as Jarvo’s body bounces off the canvas and lays still as more EMTs enter the ring, checking on the other half of AWOL as Geddon leaves the ring, the 24/7 Championship still stuck to his left shoulder.

“What a picture of destruction. Four men down, two of them nearly unconscious, and the defeated champion’s neck may be broken. Devin Geddon took this challenge and made it his proving ground – destroying AWOL one and two at a time. I have NEVER seen anything like this.” Coach remarks as Michael Cole comes out from his hiding spot just as the sounds of “One” kick up once more…

…but before Geddon can get to the curtain, another figure appears on top of the ramp.

“IT’S THE PHENOM!!” Cole shouts as the two giants stare each other down. Geddon’s face twists as Phenom runs his hand across the championship, but the two make no true physical contact, as Devin simply walks around the Phenom and leaves the giant standing there alone to look down on the scene before him. Blood and bodies strewn from one side of the ring to the other.

“AWOL has been decimated, we have a new 24/7 Champ, and it looks like Armageddon is HERE and here to stay! STAY TUNED!!”

(Go to break)

Edited by NY Untouchable

(Return from break)

PANTHER/BRYTE FLASHBACK~!

HeldDOWN~! (January 1, 2004)

Cole: Chris Bryte...we don't know why he challenged Panther, but you can bet your ass that this kid wasn't expecting this. And now Panther's signalling for the end.

Indeed. The crowd cheers wildly as Panther calls for the end. He walks over towards the corner and reaches down, grabbing Bryte by the hair...

...but Bryte clutches the bottom rope, holding on for dear life. Panther wraps his arms around Bryte's waist and pulls back, attempting to pull him off the rope, but the kid holds on kicking and screaming. Panther continues to pull, however, eventually managing to separate Bryte's hands from the rope and drag him out towards the center of the ring. He then pulls Bryte back to his feet, with Bryte's back facing Panther, when--

Cole: OH! LOW BLOW BY BRYTE!!!!!!

A well-placed mule kick to the groin of Panther causes him to release his grip on Chris Bryte. Bryte with the standing switch...ROLL UP ON PANTHER...Bryte rolls through with the bridge...

Coach: HEY!!!!!

Cole: HE'S GOT THE ROPE!!!! CHRIS BRYTE HAS THAT BOTTOM ROPE!!!!

3!!!!!!!!!!

*Ding Ding Ding*

**Cue STUNNED SILENCE~!

Announcer: Here is your winner....Chris...Bryte?

The crowd boos wildly in the background as Bryte rolls to the floor and makes a quick getaway from ringside, running back up the entrance ramp, dodging cups and bottles being tossed at his head. After Bryte disappears through the curtains that lead to the locker room, the cameras cut back to the ring, where Panther's sitting on the mat with a look of disbelief in his eyes.

Cole: I cannot believe what we've just seen. Chris Bryte...this virtual unknown! In his first match ever has just defeated Panther!

Caboose: Exactly! Panther, the veteran, the so-called Champion of Champions, just got beat at his own game by a rookie! By a no-name rookie! I...LOVE IT!

Panther climbs back to his feet, and looks into the crowd with a dejected glare on his face. Slight boos reign down from the top of the arena as Panther looks down at his feet in shame, then slides out of the ring and heads back up the ramp to the locker room

**LIVE ACTION**

We cut backstage, focused the words "CHRIS BRYTE," which appear in silver lettering on the back of a blue vest, which is hanging inside of a locker. The camera slowly pans out, bringing the man himself into view, pacing back and forth about the locker room as his fellow stablemates--The Hand and the Illuminators--watch on. Kevin Yancy Taylor is seated on the bench behind Bryte, his cell phone raised to his ear and a look of anxiousness replacing his usual cocky expression. Standing to Bryte's right, with a microphone in hand is none other than Josh Matthews.

J. MATH

We're back on HeldDOWN! This is your boy, Josh Matthews, and I'm back here with Chris Bryte, who later on tonight will do battle with Panther in a match that both men vow will be the end of their rivalry. Now Chris, just a second ago, we saw footage of just how this feud began. It was almost a year ago on HeldDOWN when you, in your very first match, stunned and upset Panther to earn yourself an OAOAST contract.

BRYTE

That's right, Josh, and it was that night that I proved to the world my dominance over Panther! I proved my superiority, Josh, and since that night, I've proved it time and time again by beating Panther, embarrassing Panther, and quite frankly, making Panther look like an idiot every chance I got. Why if there's anybody out there who doubts that I'm better than Panther, well just take a look at what went down the other night at Climax, when I did something that Panther has tried and tried to do in the past, but has never been able to accomplish: I BEAT THE CURRENT BIG THING BROCK AUSSTIN! (crowd boos) I beat him fair and square, all by myself--pinned his shoulders to the mat for the 1-2-3! In my first try, I beat Brock Ausstin's ass, and where is he now?! Huh?! My Uncle Kev has been on his celly all week long trying to get in touch with that bum, but he's been nowhere to be found! I wouldn't be surprised if after the beating I gave him at Climax, he's tucked his tail and run right outta the OAOAST. But enough of Brock Ausstin; he's yesterday's news! And Panther, in just a little while, we're gonna be saying the same thing about you. Ya see, Panther, there's no more playing around this time! This time, it isn't about embarrassing you! This isn't about proving that I'm better than you! This is about me ELIMINATING YOU! This is about me ending your career once and for all! Ya see...cameraman, get a shot of my face right here! C'mon...get a close up of this...

Bryte removes his shades, and with his index finger, directs the cameraman to the right side of his face. The cameraman obliges him and zooms in close on his face, allowing us to see a bunch of scars--two thick ones on the right side of his cheek and across his forehead, and the rest of the scarring is centered about his nose, with patches on his left cheek and jaw. Bryte's face twists with rage as he continues.

BRYTE

Ya see this, Panther! This is what you did to me! You and that bitch of yours! Because of you, Panther, everyday for the rest of my life, when I look into the mirror, this is what I've gotta deal with! My once flawless face has been blemished because of you, and Panther, tonight I assure you that I'm gonna make you pay for it in spades, pal! Fuck winning and losing, Panther--I'm out to hurt you! The hell and suffering I put you through before is gonna look like a game of Candyland in comparison to what I do to you tonight. And I don't care about the stipulations! You can bar Uncle Kev from ringside--bar the whole arena if you have to! That won't change the fact that when the smoke clears tonight, Chris Bryte will have his revenge, and you, Panther, will be lying flat on your back, being loaded into the back of an ambulance, never to be seen again. I promise you, Panther...I guarantee that tonight--you sonuvabitch--YOU WILL MEET YOUR END!

J. MATH

Strong words from Chris Bryte here tonight. He seems ready for his match with Panther. Fans, let's take you back out to ringside to TRIPLE C!

(FADE OUT)

A dark room...

"Now remember, everybody, quiet! Quiet now!"

"Are they on their way?"

"I paged them both. Any minute-"

"Shhhh! I hear them!"

The sound of a door opening. The lights flash on.

"SURPRISE! CONGRATULATIONS!"

Dr. Stephen Pigley and Dr. Max Anderson look open mouthed at the room filled with food, drink, signs and all their friends and colleagues. Two pairs of young nurses rush to remove the Doc's white coats and hand them drinks. Everyone else is slapping them on the back, grinning, asking when they can see the belts, if Black T really are such assholes as they seem. Stephen and Max look at each other, laughing with surprise and delight, trying to speak with each person in turn.

At last, a cry of "Speech! Speech!" rings out, and the rush of conversation dries out as the room looks avidly at the new HI-YAH International Tag Team Champions, The Love Doctors.

"Well, what can I say," says Dr. Max Anderson, huge grin still on his face, "Thank you so much for this. Wow...these past few days have just been incredible for us. Suddenly it seems like we're in the big time. We've done interviews for television, websites, magazines. Even offers to tour Japan from HI-YAH. All our hard work and dedication has paid off, but we couldn't have done it without all you guys and YOUR hard work, the work that enabled this hospital to function while we bounce around chasing our dreams in the ring. So thank you, again."

There's a round of applause. The crowd turns its attention to Stephen Pigley, who laughs.

"I think Max said it all," he explains, "But I can promise you one thing - the work doesn't stop here. We're going to be proud, fighting champions. At the pay per view, we went through one hell of a battle. We're both still feeling the effects of that match. Black T are almost as good as they think they are. They're incredible athletes and together an almost unbeatable team."

Pigley grins.

"As we proved, ALMOST unbeatable. But we'll face them again. We'll face Black T and any other tag team in the OAOAST or anywhere around the world. Because our wrestling careers are only just beginning. Watch out everybody, the new champs are here!"

"Now that's enough of us gloating," laughs Max Anderson, "This is a party, right? Ima, hit the music!"

"Calling Dr. Love" plays, as the party kicks in, the Docs dancing in the middle of the adoring crowd, faces awash with happiness.

(FADE OUT)

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #3

DREK

Well, now we’re getting into the REALLY good stuff. Starting back in September, I took part in a Round Robin Tournament that was, to say the least, quite easy for myself. I ran roughshod over everybody that took part in it. Gunner Sharps, The Mad Cappa, The Blurricane, Leon Rodez. All of them. Yet, for some reason, at the end of the tourney, I found myself tied for first place with Panther. Now, I knew I couldn’t just take this lightly. This was for a shot at the Heavyweight Title, and dammit, I couldn’t just let that opportunity pass through my fingers. So I urged Watts to set up a match between myself and Panther to decide the true winner of the Round Robin tournament. And so he did. Because, at our October Pay-Per-View World Without End, I faced Panther in a Ladder Match to determine who would be going onto Thanksgiving Star Wars and a shot at the title. Suffice to say, I don’t exactly need to tell you how that match went. Take a look.

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #3:

DREK STONE SEIZES HIS DESTINY IN A LADDER MATCH

COLE

PANTHER’S NOW ON THE SIXTH RUNG!!

HE REACHES UP TO GRAB THE CONTRACT…..

……BUT DREK SOMEHOW MANAGES TO PUSH THE LADDER OUT FROM UNDERNEATH PANTHER! But Panther reaches up and grabs onto the ceiling rope holding the contract! The ladder hurtles down to the mat, but Panther’s left hanging in mid-air!

COACH

Uh-oh. This can’t be good.

CABOOSE

Why, what the hell would ever give you that opinion?

The fans gasp as Panther starts swinging back and forth. Cursing angrily under his breath, Drek sets the ladder up near Panther’s body and starts climbing it as quickly as possible. Panther’s trying to steady his body so he could get a good grasp of the contract, but despite his attempts, he continues swinging.

Now Drek’s on the second rung!

The third rung!

The fourth!

COLE

What is Drek Stone getting ready to do here?

The fifth!

Standing near Panther’s hanging body, Drek waits for Panther’s legs to swing near his body. After a moment, they finally do. Drek catches the legs of Panther around his head and suddenly holds him up in a power bomb position. With a look of horror, Panther tries reaching up to grab the contract as quickly as possible, but it’s too late! Drek jumps off the ladder…….BRINGING PANTHER DOWN TO THE MAT WITH A POWERBOMB OFF THE LADDER!!!

“HOLY SHIT!”

“HOLY SHIT!”

COLE

OH MY GOD!

COACH

These fans are absolutely right!!

CABOOSE

What did I tell you two? What did I tell everyone at home?! Drek Stone will break Panther in half tonight if he has to!

Both men collapse onto the mat, as the fans get out of their seats and start cheering the efforts in the ring. After a few moments of resting for both men, Drek finally gets the strength to roll over onto his knees. However, it’s easy to see just how wounded he is at this point. With a look of anguish on his face, Drek at last gets up to his feet, yet clutching at his stomach noticeably. He staggers over to the ladder and slowly folds it up, allowing it to then fall back onto the mat. Meanwhile, Panther slowly starts to stir in the ring, rolling himself over onto his chest. Struggling pretty heavily, Panther takes a while to finally make it up to one knee. At this point, Drek grabs him by the neck and holds him in a DDT position. Panther makes a vain attempt to get out of the hold, but he just doesn’t have the strength. Drek then jumps up……AND GIVES PANTHER A STONECUTTER RIGHT ONTO THE STEEL LADDER! With absolutely nothing to hold onto, Panther goes face and chest-first right onto the ladder!

CABOOSE

That’s it! This one is OVER! IT’S OVER!

***FAST FORWARD***

Panther falls onto one knee for a second following the impact of the move, but then gets back to his feet once again. This time, it’s Panther trying to climb the ladder once more. He gets onto the first rung….

…..but suddenly finds his hands clasped behind him in a full nelson position. It’s Drek Stone! Panther struggles to get out of the hold, but his arms are just locked together too tightly. Drek then uses his strength to pull Panther off the ladder, SPIKING HIM INTO THE MAT WITH THE RECKER!!!

COLE

THE RECKER!! THE RECKER!!

Panther rolls along with the move and ends up on his stomach with his feet hanging out between the ropes! Taking a deep breath, Drek struggles to get back up his feet. Seeing that this could be his last opportunity, Drek maneuvers the ladder underneath the contract. Despite nearly every body part throbbing, Drek climbs onto the first rung!

The second rung!

Drek Stone moves up to the third rung!

CABOOSE

Guys, do you believe in miracles?!

The fans are screaming for Panther to get back up, but he looks to be out cold!

Drek on the fourth rung!

The fifth rung!

COLE

He’s getting close! THERE’S NO ONE TO STOP HIM!

Everyone looks to be down! Rodez! Blurricane! Gunner! Cappa!

The sixth rung!

And Panther just isn’t moving!

COLE

Is this it?! IS THIS THE END?!

Which gives Drek the chance to reach up…..

…..

…….reach up……..

…….AND GRAB THE CONTRACT!

*DING DING DING*

*CUE A3: “Woke Up This Morning*

CABOOSE

YES! YES! YES! YES!

DREK

Oh, Caboose. How I love that man. My biggest supporter, no doubt. I really need to get the guy a late-Christmas gift or something. Anyway, make sure to keep watching, because my TOP TWO moments are coming up soon! Later.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

COLE

Folks, what we have coming up is a very special match....

CABOOSE

Coach versus the league of women voters?

COLE

No.

CABOOSE

Coach , wearing a blindfold and having his hands tied behind his back versus a homicidal devil worshiper that thinks Coach is the reincarnation of Christ, wielding a chain saw and an AK47?

COLE

No! Nothing involving Coach! Tonight we’re going witness a title match!

CABOOSE

We see title matches every week. Big deal!

COLE

But this isn’t just any title match! This isn’t a match for the HI-YAH super junior exploding anus of death title, this is a match for the returning OAOAST Woman’s Title!

CABOOSE

Women’s title? Returning? From where?

COLE

Inaction!

CABOOSE

Bah humbug! Who needs a title only four people can compete for? I wonder who’s bright idea it was to have the Woman’s Title brought back?

COACH (twiddling thumbs)

I don’t know, Boo-Boo!

Truth or Dare by N*E*R*D hits and the people of Phoenix, once divided by political, racial, sexual and cultural differences unite under one task, to boo the shit out of Candie! And boo they do! Candie emerges from the back, wearing tight hip hugging jeans and an even tighter white tank top. She gives a condescending wave to the crowd before strutting down the entrance ramp with her trademark cockiness.

COLE

Here comes Candie. Girlfriend to the high and mighty Malibu! I wonder how we ever got the reintroduction of the woman’s title past his highness?

CABOOSE

Actually they never asked me. Wait....You’re talking about Zack.

Candie, who isn’t a part of this match, cruises down to the ringside exuding nothing but pure arrogance. She walks over to Sofa Central where she takes a seat on the arm of the sofa.

COACH

Now we’re Quadruple C! Candie, wel..

CANDEIE

Don’t talk to me. Keep your hands where I can see them. I don’t want to imagine the kind of sick and twisted things that are running through your mind now that a woman of my beauty is actually giving you the time of day!

CABOOSE

Enjoy it, Coach! This is the closest you’ll ever get to a girl as hot as Candie without slipping something in her drink!

COLE

Candie, this is a match between Alix and Holly-Wood. Why are you here?

CANDIE

To present a proper point of view. I should be crowned the woman’s champion in a gorgeous gala MC’ed by none on other then funny man, Jamie Foxx with musical guest Norah Jones. After all I’m queen of the company! I blazed the trail for women in the OAOAST! Without me there’d be no Alix or Holly-Wood or Crystal or Axel!

COACH

Axel isn’t a woman!

CANIDE

Could’ve fooled me! I think that the OAOAST is full of cra...

Candie’s tirade is drowned out by Holly-Wood’s entrance music, although we can hear Candie screaming and hollering over the THUMPING BASS~! of the adrenaline heavy song. The entrance doors start to slide apart, but get stuck, so Holly has to squeeze in between them. She walks down the entrance ramp absent of any sign of emotion.

CANDIE

That girl better hope she hangs onto her looks, because she’s about as exciting and interesting as...Coach! Hahhahaaha!

BUFFER

The following match is for the OAOAST Women’s title...now making her way to the ring from Hollywood, California, brought to you by Arista Records.......HOLLY-WOOOOOOOODDDDD!

Holly slides into the ring and heads to the corner where she takes a seat ala Raven.

Holly’s music comes to a close and a brief silence stills the air. This silence comes to a quick end and Anything but me by Miss Lindsay Lohan kicks up! The fans come alive with a rousing ovation for the woman who “beat” Zack Malibu at Climaxxx!

CANDIE

Can you believe this girl has the nerve to show her face around my fed? Maybe she won’t show her face. If I was her I’d wear a bag on my head. Not just because I’d be embarrassed but because I’d be ugly if I was her.

Alix comes out from backstage looking noticeably less cheerful then usual. She fails to acknowledge the considerable amount of support the fans are giving her and instead hurriedly walks down the entrance ramp, keeping her eyes focused on the floor as opposed to exciting, frantic world surrounding her.

COLE

She doesn’t look so good.

CANIDE

Of course not! Look at those cheeks! It’s like she’s stuffing her mouth with cotton! And her chest! Honey, three words to change your life: push...up...bra.

BUFFER

And the opponent...from Beverly Hills, California....ALIX SPEZIAAAAAA!

The announcement is met with a renewed round of applause but Alix is seemingly oblivious to them. She slides into ring and awaits the start of match.

COLE

Alix, Holly-Wood...NEXT!

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

COLE

Folks, welcome back.

Holly-Wood grabs Alix’s arm and launches her into the ropes. When Alix returns from her trip to the ropes, Holly greets her with a clothesline dropping her to the ground! With Alix on the mat, Holly runs the ropes and comes back with a jumping elbow drop! But at the last second Alix rolls out of the way and Holly’s elbow makes a painful connection with the unforgiving canvas. Alix picks herself up and meets a now standing Holly with a number of stiff forearm shots! Although the blows sting like bees, Holly answers back with wicked spinning back kick that puts Alix back on the mat! Holly leaps in the air for another elbow drop and finds herself missing for the second time! Both women scoop themselves up and start back at square one. Alix hits a knife edge chop that sends Holly reeling against the ropes! Holly bounces back, clutching her elbow, and gets floored with a punch by Alix! Her nose smarting almost as much as her arm, Holly stands up only to eat another punch! And another! And..wait! Holly grabs a hold of Alix’s arm and pulls her down for a Crippler Crossface!

COACH

Holly’s doing it strong style!

CABOOSE

Do you even know what ‘strong style’ is?

COACH

No. But I know that your mom is a whore.

Alix makes a mad and frenzied scramble for the ropes and manages to wrap her hand tightly around the bottom one. Referee Charles Robinson calls for a break which Holly gives him. Holly backs away from Alix, allowing the younger wrestler to get to her feet. Now standing, the two women meet in the center of the ring for a lockup! A brief tussle ensues and Holly finds herself getting the upperhand with a fireman’s carry takedown! Her advantage is short lived however as Alix pops up and goes for a diving clothesline! Once again, Holly takes control of Alix’s arm and brings her down to the mat with a Crippler Crossface! Unlike last time, Holly isn’t able to subdue Alix long enough to get a tight grip! Alix slips out of the hold, stands up and then heads for the ropes! On the rebound she attempts to catch Holly with a leaping side kick! But Holly ducks underneath Alix’s airborne leg! Alix lands on her feet, but is facing away from Holly, putting her in a very vulnerable position. Holly takes hold of Alix’s arm, hooks her leg between her rival’s, and tries for a side Russian leg sweep! Alix sharply counters by spinning out of the move! With the fans applauding her, she pulls Holly in for a short arm clothesline! However, Holly reads Alix like a Doctor Sesus book and counters with a Crippler Crossface for the third time in the match! The audience boos the submission hold and urges Alix not to tap out!

CABOOSE

If Alix keeps throwing punches and clotheslines she’s going to keep getting into that hold.

CANIDE

She should consider herself lucky that she’s even still able to wrestle! My man, Zack, could’ve ended not only her career, but her life at Climaxxx. But because he’s such a kind, good natured sort, he let her live to die another day.

Showing a surprising bit of strength, Alix is actually able to power out of the hold. She stands up and when Holly does the same she meets her with another lariat! Obviously a slow learner, Alix gets pulled into another Crippler Crossface. But she rolls her body forward before Holly can properly apply the hold! This frustrates Holly to no end, but there’s very little she can do about it. Alix gets up and drives her boot into Holly’s stomach with a back kick! Holly doubles over in pain, coughing and wheezing. Alix takes advantage of Holly’s stunned state by leaping onto the third rope and bouncing back with a bad ass springboard fameasser! The move drives Holly’s face right into the mat and draws a huge pop from the rabid Phoenix crowd as well!

COLE

Awesome move! You got to give it up for Alix, Candie!

CANDIE

I don’t have to give anything up to her, pervert. I got a man.

COLE

What’s your man gotta do with me?

CANDIE

I got a man.

COLE

I ain’t trying to hear that. See?

Alix grabs both of Holly’s legs and sling shots her all the way to the corner! Ever the agile one, Holly easily lands on the second turnbuckle much to the displeasure of the audience who is lusting for carnage! Her face feeling like it got flatten by a steamroller, Miss Wood flies back at Alix with a gorgeous moonsault press! Camera flashes litter the stands as Holly sails through the air with majestic beauty! However the destination isn’t as pretty as the vehicle as Alix ducks underneath Holly and watches with glee as her adversary lands with a thud on the mat!

COACH

Air Hollywood just had a crush landing! High Five!

CABOOSE

Not only do you talk like a fourteen year old dumbass but you can’t even say your own corny ass jokes right. It’s ‘crash’ not ‘crush’!

COACH

Yes, well, at least I know who my real father is.

CABOOSE

Yeah, me.

Holly lies face first on the mat, fighting a desperate battle to regain her lost breath. Unfortunately Alix isn’t going to help her in that department as she gets her fellow Californian into an Oklahoma Roll!

KICK OUT~!

CANIDE

This is funny. Alix proved that she can’t hang with the big boys so she gets shafted down to the women’s division and she can’t even succeed in that! Too much! This girl is a bad joke!

COLE

Alix just doesn’t like her normal self....

Although shocked that Holly kicked out, Alix doesn’t waste time arguing the pin count with Charles Robinson. Instead she grabs Holly by her red locks and yanks her upright. Assuming that her enemy is dazed, Alix rears her arm back to drop Holly with straight punch! Apparently Holly wasn’t as out of it as Alix thought and she jerks her head to the right, causing Alix’s punch to catch nothing but air! Once again Holly manages to bring Alix to the mat with a Crippler Crossface! The sold out crowd loudly jeers the now familiar scene as Holly barks orders of “TAP!” at her slightly smaller rival.

CANIDE

Unbelievable. I can’t fathom why they’d let this novelty act into the same ring as my sweetheart. Zack shouldn’t be wrestling midcard matches with women who look like thirteen year old boys! He should’ve been the one facing Drek instead of that floozie, Crystal. She weighs, what, one hundred thirty eight pounds? Twenty of those pounds are from her massive breast implants.

Alix eventually makes the ropes much to the crowd’s relief. Unlike the last time, Holly refuses to provide Charles Robinson with the clean break he demands. Instead she gets to her feet and proceeds to stomp the hell out of Alix’s back! Alix hollers out in agony as Holly continues to lay into her. Robinson is prompted to get PHYSICAL~! lest Alix be stomped like bug!

COACH

Does Charles Robinson have to choke a bitch?

CANDIE

Somebody needs to choke you! And before you say anything I don’t mean somebody needs to choke your chicken. I meant they need to choke you to death for being so stupid.

COLE

You’re fitting right in.

Robinson manages to separate Holly from Alix. But as they say, no good deed goes unpunished and Robinson winds up flat on his flat ass courtesy of a Holly-Wood right hand! The short and one sided exchange between the OAOAST official and Arista records employee allowed Alix to catch her breath. When Holly goes to confront her, Alix is right there with a SHOULDER BLOCK TO THE STOMACH~!! Holly doubles over and stays perfectly still while Alix jumps onto the third ropes and comes back with a springboard sunset flip! The lardass marks in the audience applaud the move, but as Jim Ross would say, “it’s about as effective as a one legged man in an asskicking contest.” because Holly just drops to her knees and winds up pinning Alix!

HOLLY REACHES OUT AND GRABS THE ROPES!

KICK OUT!

COLE

Crime doesn’t pay!

Maintaining control of match’s flow, Holly puts Alix into a sitting position. This being professional wrestling, Alix sits nice and still while Holly runs the ropes. Upon coming back to her former sister and law, Holly crushes her spine with a basement dropkick! Alix lurches forward and hollers out in agony as the sound of Holly’s boots hitting Alix’s back continues to travel through the arena! Not wanting to give Alix any time to recover, Holly brings her opponent upright. She nabs her into a front face lock, then picks her up and places her onto the top turnbuckle! The fans, impressed by any move the comes off the rope, buzz with anticipation over what should be a high risk high reward attack!

CANDIE

Let me go on record, right now! After Holly-Wood wins this match, I’m issuing a challenge to her for the Women’s Title at Anglepalooza!

COLE

The match isn’t over yet....

Holly, not forgetting her earlier confrontation with Robinson, talks a bit of trash with the referee before climbing to the top rope to join her fellow championship hopeful. Holly softens up Alix with three quick jabs to the top of head, then hooks her into a front face lock for a SUPERPLEX~! The crowd noise grows louder as though they’ve never seen the most basic of top rope moves! Holly tries to pull Alix off the turnbuckle, but Alix puts up a strong resistance and hammers Holly with hard and fast gut shots! Holly’s grip loosens entirely and she begins to tether looking like she might fall off the ropes! But Alix keeps her perched on the turnbuckle only to send her flying off with a MUTHAFUCKING SIT OUT DDT~!

COACH

THAT’S WHAT’S UP! COACHCALL~!

The audience erupts with a roar of approval for the move that’s infinitely cooler then aforementioned superplex! Alix ignores their cheers and goes for a pinfall. However, while she was ignoring the crowd’s positive response she also managed to ignore the fact that Holly landed with her leg tangled in the ropes, meaning no pin could be counted!

COLE

I think Alix’s “win” over Zack has gotten to her. She distracted by it and its affecting the way she’s wrestling.

CANDIE

Wake up, nitwit! If she thought she had a snowball’s chance in hell of beating my sugar pie, then she’s stupider then anyone thought! Zack did her a favor. He took it easy on her! I won’t take it easy on Holly when I face her for the Women’s title! DEATH!

Holly’s slow to recover from Alix’s amazing counter, so Alix capitalizes on the opportunity. She climbs to the top rope and waits for Holly to stand up. When Holly finally gets to her feet, Alix springs off with a flying clothesline! HUGE GINORMOUS MISTAKE!!!! As you and even the brain dead fools in the crowd can guess, Holly counters with the Crippler Crossface! The fans rise out of their seats to root Alix on but before they can even open their inbred Arizona mouths Alix taps out!

“BOOOOO!” “BOOOOO!”

BUFFER

Your winner and new OAOAST Women’s Champion...HOLLY-WOOOOODDD!

CANDIE

OMG FIVE STARZ 3:16!! She tapped did you see that? She tapped!

COLE

She quit.

CANDIE

That’s what tapping is, tool!

COLE

No. I think she quit on the match. I don’t think the pain got to her, I just think she didn’t want to wrestle anymore. She’s feeling psychological affects of her tainted victory against Zack and her heart doesn’t seem to be into wrestling right now.

CABOOSE

Thank you, Doctor Phil! If Alix had won this match it would’ve been the biggest crime to hit televison since Coach stole Stuart Scott’s personality. Congrats to Holly-Wood on becoming the new woman’s champion! She used exactly four different moves and still won the title. That takes skill.

Charles Robinson presents an expressionless Holly-Wood with the beautiful diamond encrusted Woman’s title belt. Sparkling yellow and red confetti begins to rain down from the ceiling as the respectful fans give Holly a polite round of applause. But the champion is already headed up the entrance ramp unwilling to bask in her own glory and celebrate the fruit of her well fought labor.

CANDIE

Did you see that belt? I didn’t know there were that many diamonds in the world! And she acted like she didn’t even want it! I’ve got to have that belt! It’s gorgeous!

Candie leaves the announce table and chases after Holly-Wood.

Dejected, Alix leaves the ring , refusing to make eye contact with the fans she’s usually so eager to please. They try to cheer her, but shut away in her own private world, their cheers sound like whispers coming from miles away. Her head held low as if it was sewn to her neck, she takes a long a long and depressing walk back to the backstage area.

COACH

Poor Alix.

CABOOSE

Poor Alix my ass! What's she going to do now that she didn't get the belt, pack up and storm out in a huff? Good riddance! NEXT!

PANTHER/BRYTE FLASHBACK

Living Anglelously(April 25, 2004)

Career Match: 2 out of 3 Falls

COLE

Panther has lost it! Panther wants to maim Bryte! He will not stop until this kid can never walk again!

The official again pleads with Panther to stop, but Panther shoves him hard to the canvas, this time, with so much force that the ref rolls backwards out of the ring and out to the floor. Panther then turns back to Bryte and once again drags his limp body up off the mat. Now with Bryte in a seated position, Panther kneels down and locks on a dragon sleeper! The crowd pops once more in the background as Panther turns Bryte over onto his stomach and transitions the hold into the Truth Infection (Dragon Clutch).

COLE

Truth Infection by Panther! Truth Infection...

CABOOSE

What is the meaning of this?! HE'S OUT!!!!!!!

COLE

Panther...my goodness he's snapped!

By now, Tina has crawled her way into the ring, tears streaming down her face as she rushes to Panther's side, begging him to release the hold. Panther doesn't seem to hear her, however, and begins wrenching back even further on the hold as the rabid crowd cheers him on. Frustrated, Tina begins screaming at Panther!

TINA

LET HIM GO!!!!!! PANTHER, PLEASE! JUST LET HIM GO!!!!!!!!

She grabs Panther's right arm and begins trying to pry it from around Chris Bryte's neck, pulling with all her might! Suddenly...

*THUD*

...Panther rises and shoves Tina off of him, sending her tumbling back to the canvas. Panther turns sharply and shoots an intense glare in her direction, sending her fearfully scrambling to the arena floor. Panther then turns back to Bryte with a sinister look. He stadles his back, reaches down and re-applies the Truth Infection, drawing another pop from the crowd!

CABOOSE

We may need security out here to break this thing up! Panther's absolutely lost it!

Panther continues to wrench back on the hold as a distraught Tina looks on from the outside. She begins yanking at her blood red hair, trying to thing of a way to keep Panther from killing her fiance. Suddenly, she turns to the crowd and looks down, noticing HHH's sledgehammer lying just on the other side of the guardrail. Moving as quickly as possible, she reaches over the rail, grabs the hammer and starts back to the ring. Then, as Panther continues to cinch up on the hold, Tina slides into the ring, runs up behind Panther and drives the BUTT of the hammer right into the back of his head, knocking him to the canvas!

The crowd boos wildly as Tina looks down at Panther, tears streaming down her cheek as she stands above Panther, wielding the hammer. Dazed, Panther slowly pulls himself up to a knee, shakes the cobwebs loose, then looks up at Tina, a look of confusion in his eyes. Tina sobs as she and Panther lock eyes.

TINA

(sniff)

I'm sorry!

And with that...

*WHAM*

Tina drives the hammer right into Panther's face, knocking him unconscious. She quickly discards the hammer, then grabs Bryte and pulls him on top of Panther, exiting the ring just as the referee begins to crawl back inside.

COLE

Oh no! No! Don't tell me!

The ref slowly pulls himself into position to count the fall, crawling hand over hand...

COLE

No! Not like this! C'mon!

Both combatants lie motionless on the mat, Bryte's arm draped across Panther's body...and the ref begins to count...

3!!!!!!!!

* DING DING DING *

Cue: "It's Goin' Down"

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, YOUR WINNER: CHRRRRRIIIIIIS...BRRRRRYYYYYYYYTE!!!!!!

COLE

DAMN IT!!!!!! NO!!! DAMN IT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

CABOOSE

Believe it, Cole! Panther's lost! Panther is done! Panther is gone from the OAOAST! I love it!

On the floor, the camera spots Tina seated up against the ring apron bawling uncontrollably.

**LIVE ACTION**

We're backstage once again, this time focusing on that oh so familiar shiny black jersey with "PANTHER 215" stitched on the front in red lettering with white trim. The crowd inside the arena gives a thunderous ovation in the background as the camera zooms out, bringing Panther's upper torso into view. In addition to the jersey, he's also wearing a red bandana around his head, and a pair of rose-tinted sunglasses on his face. His right arm is wrapped around Tina, who stands cuddled up next to him with her blood red hair flowing down onto her black sweater which, buttoned only at the top, is opened at her midsection, giving us a good glimpse at the tattoo of her name which sits arched around her navel. Standing adjacent to her, with her mic in hand is none other than Jackie Gayda, with mic in hand.

JACKIE

Fans, we're back once again on HeldDOWN~! Jackie Gayda here alongside Panther and Tina and we just got a look at one of the reasons--Panther--that you requested that tonight's match with Chris Bryte be no interference. It was that big 2-out-of-3 Falls Career Match between you and Bryte at Living Anglelously--a match that also saw interference from The Hand--but it was that sledgehammer shot from Tina that for a period of time left you without a career here in the OAOAST.

PANTHER

Yeah, and that sledgehammer shot gave me another concussion if I'm not mistaken. I swear y'all are trying to turn a brotha into the black Troy Aikman. But yeah, Jackie, you're absolutely right. That match at Living Anglelously sums up not just this rivarly between me and Bryte, but it can also sum up the whole career of Chris Bryte if you think about it. We've seen it time and time again, Jackie: Bryte runs his mouth, he gets an ass kicking for his troubles, and gets bailed out when one of his cronies runs in to interfere. Now a lot's changed since April, my relationship with Tina being among the changes, but when it comes to the Bryte man, it's the same old-same old. We just got another example of that this past Sunday at Climax; say what you will about Brock Ausstin, but there's not a doubt in my mind that he had Chris Bryte beat without the run-ins from Taylor's gang. I don't like the man--in fact, I hate his guts--but I can respect the fact that whenever he's stepped into the ring against me, against Bryte--against anybody--he's been man enough to get the job done on his own, and that right there is what separates real men from people like Chris Bryte. All that talk about proving your dominance over me, proving your superiority over me...well lemme tell ya, Bryte, until you show that you can beat me straight up, fair and square in the middle of the ring, you haven't proven a damn thing, and whether you wanna admit it or not, Bryte, you know that that's the Fucking Truth!

JACKIE

But what about Bryte had to say about coming in tonight to take you out once and for all? About him trying to end your career? What do you think of those comments.

Panther just shakes his head and snickers to himself.

PANTHER

My thoughts...Jackie, my thoughts on Chris Bryte can be summed up by two little words. Tina...

TINA

PUH-LEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSE!!!!!!! (crowd pops)

PANTHER

Exactly. Because once again, when it comes to that tough guy talk, I'm just like Sunshine Anderson--I've heard it all before! Bryte, you wanna try and end my career, then by all means try it! But you had damn sure better be prepared to take it, because I promise you that I'm bringing everything I've got into that ring tonight. And I don't care what it takes! If it takes every drop of blood, every drop of sweat in my body, I will do whatever it takes to make sure that tonight--once and for all--this thing between me and Chris Bryte comes to an end, and it ends with me coming out on top! Ya see Bryte, you can run your mouth all you want to...when push comes to shove, you know that there just ain't a damn thing you or anybody in that group of yours can do to keep things from going the Panther's way. And why is that, Tina?

TINA (with the crowd)

BECAUSE THERE CAN'T BE ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!

PANTHER

Damn right!

JACKIE

Well, Panther seems ready to go. Both he and Chris Bryte are promising to end their rivalry once and for all. I can't wait to see what goes down later tonight.

COLE

We'll be back with more.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #2

DREK

Well, here we go. Coming up near the end. And it would be downright silly of me if I didn’t make a mention of the first OAOAST Title I wound up winning in this damn company. To set up the stage, at this point, I had already been feuding with The Mad Cappa for two months. The man just got under my skin, and I vowed that I wouldn’t rest until I had taken the Puerto Rican Championship away from him. He did win up beating me in May – through cheating means, of course – but I quickly came up with a rematch in June. A match he actually requested. Cappa asked for it to be No-Holds-Barred and so, at the Great Angle Bash, that’s exactly what it was. And it was there that I took the one thing that meant the most to the Mad Cappa – and smashed it front of his eyes. Ah, I still get chills thinking about it. Here we go with my #2 Greatest OAOAST Career moment. Roll the footage.

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #2

DREK STONE WINS HIS FIRST TITLE

He runs towards a stunned Drek, but Drek lifts his body up high and drops him RIGHT ACROSS THE TWO TOP-ROPES OF THE SEPARATE RINGS! This time, it’s the Mad Cappa that’s left hanging! The Mad Cappa, very dazed but not out of it yet, starts making a slow attempt to get himself out of this precarious mess. Meanwhile, Drek has grabbed the nearby ring bell that Cappa threw into the ring previously, and has started climbing to the top rope. Cappa, inching his body closer towards the ground, almost has his legs off of the ropes. But Drek, sensing that Cappa is almost freed, leaps off the top rope…..into the opposite ring…..and DRIVES THE BELL INTO THE BACK OF THE MAD CAPPA’S HEAD!!

COLE

OH MY GOD!!

COACH

That’s it. He’s dead.

COLE

The Mad Cappa’s head violently snapped forward after that bell shot. Horrific!

CABOOSE

He shouldn’t have brought the ring bell into the ring. He has nobody to blame but HIMSELF for Drek taking the perfect advantage!

Drek strategically places the ring bell near his feet and places Cappa’s head underneath his arm. He pulls Cappa’s body away from the ropes, leaving only his feet dangling along the top rope. He smiles sadistically to the crowd……AND DROPS THE MAD CAPPA WITH A MODIFIED STONECUTTER……RIGHT ON TOP OF THE RING BELL!! Right after both men hit the ground, Drek scrambles over to Cappa and turns him onto his back. He hooks the leg and the referee makes the count.

ONE…..

TWO…..

CABOOSE

IT’S OVER! IT’S OVER!

COACH

COULD IT BE?! CAPPA’S NOT MOVING!!

THR……..

THREE!!!!!!!

*DING! DING! DING!*

CABOOSE

YES! YES! DREK STONE DID IT!

COACH

I…..I can’t believe it. I’m in shock.

COLE

And so are these fans!

After an initial roar from the crowd following the three count, they almost instantly start to boo as the referee walks towards Drek with the Puerto Rican Title in his hands. Sitting next to the ring ropes, Drek yanks the title away from the referee’s hands with a smile on his face. He pulls on the ref’s shirt to lift himself back up and, once he gets on his feet, holds the title up to the crowd.

CABOOSE

YES! You deserve that title belt, Drek! I knew you could DO IT!

The audience breaks out in a chant of “DREK STONE SUCKS!” as he continues to hold the belt up over his head with an obnoxious smile across his face. Suddenly, he drops the title down to the mat and shoots a cold stare towards The Mad Cappa. Calmly nodding his head, Drek reaches down to his left leg and pulls his pants leg up, revealing a pair of handcuffs that had been concealed before.

COLE

Wait…..what the hell does he have a pair of handcuffs for?

COACH

Come on. The match is over. Cappa is knocked out cold. Somebody get those things away from him.

Drek locks one end of the cuff to Cappa’s wrist, then fastens the other end to the bottom ring rope. Drek gingerly rolls out of the ring and pokes his head beneath the ring apron, obviously looking for something. After searching underneath the ring for a few seconds, Drek finally crawls out……with a sledgehammer in his hand.

COLE

Oh, good god. You have to be kidding me. We need some help out here.

CABOOSE

Help for what?! Already you’re villifying the man for doing nothing. Wait to see what he might be doing!

Drek casually tosses the hammer into the ring, then nonchalantly climbs up the ring steps to make his way back in. Meanwhile, Cappa has slowly began to stir inside the ring. He tries to move his wrist but, after struggling for a few times, finally realizes that it’s chained to the top rope. He stares at his arm in confusion for a few seconds, then angrily turns his attention to Drek. Drek stares at him with an arrogant smile and, with the sledgehammer in his hand, walks over to the Puerto Rican Title. They stare at each other again for a moment until….

DREK

Cappa…….

Drek lifts the sledgehammer up over his head.

DREK

……..it’s over.

Drek swings the sledgehammer down…..ONTO THE PUERTO RICAN TITLE!! Immediately upon impact, the gold plate of the PR Title cracks open.

CABOOSE

…….what?!

COLE

What the hell is Drek doing?!

The Mad Cappa’s eyes widen, and he looks to be in even too much shock to be angry. Drek, not happy with the progress, lifts the sledgehammer back up…..AND SMASHES IT INTO THE TITLE A SECOND TIME!! This time, the gold has been properly splintered. Moving the sledgehammer into his left hand, Drek picks the title up by its strap with his right hand. Shreds of gold crumble onto the mat from the piece of leather that used to be the Puerto Rican Title.

COACH

Why the hell would Drek Stone do that?! He just fought for two months to get that title! And he destroyed it in fifteen seconds!

CABOOSE

It’s symbolic, Coach. One of the most important things in the world to Cappa…..and Drek just destroyed it.

COLE

It doesn’t make any DAMN sense, Caboose. This is sick.

Drek indifferently tosses the strap to the side, then walks over to The Mad Cappa. Cappa gazes at Drek with a mixture of confusion, shock, and rage, but the only reaction on Drek’s face is one of an ominous smile. He grabs the sledgehammer with both hands…….AND DRIVES THE END OF IT INTO THE MAD CAPPA’S FACE!

COLE

OH MY GOD!!

COACH

SOMEBODY GET SOME HELP OUT HERE!!

CABOOSE

……..wow.

Cappa is instantly knocked out-cold after the blow, and Drek raises his arms to the crowd hearing what must be one of the loudest negative reactions of his career. As referees and agents run down to the ring to help The Mad Cappa, Drek rolls out of the ring and starts limping to the back.

DREK

Great stuff. It was only four days after that I introduced the OAOAST Italian Championship to the world, and boy, let me tell you, that thing took off like a rocket. I mean, at this point, the Champion is……um…….right. Well, either way, I moved onto bigger and better things. As are we. Because, when you see me next, I will have the TOP 2004 DREK STONE MOMENT! You do not want to miss it, I promise you!

COACH

He's very polite. Such a gentlemen!

(Go backstage)

Backstage in face central, the OAOAST X-Division Champion Leon Rodez is sat in his locker room, with the Global Party Xchange members standing either side of him.

RODEZ

Well, so much for my Pay Per View payday.

SCOTTY

Yeah, what happened with that?

RODEZ

Apparantly a few of the guys were catching a bus down together so they could spend more time with their families at Christmas, but the bus broke down before it got to the arena. Or, at least that's what I heard from Watts.

SCOTTY

Wait wait. They've had four days to come up wit' somethin' that might actually be believable, and THAT was the official excuse!?!

RODEZ

Not exactly. The official statement I got was 'the bus gone broked'.

JOHNNY

Oh, that kooky Watts!

RODEZ

Yeah. And now I've still got to defend the belt against seven men, only this time I get paid less for doing it.

JOHNNY

Hey, it's only money brah.

RODEZ

I know, but women aren't cheap Johnny.

SCOTTY

Pssh, you don't have to tell HIM that!

JOHNNY

(angrily) What's that suppo'to mean?

SCOTTY

Johnny, I walked in on that honey-ho you got for X-Mas brah. Don't tell me you didn't have to pay her the dough. Hoes needs doughes, you knows.

JOHNNY

Walked in on who...where...when?

SCOTTY

Hooker, locker room, Climaxxxxxxxxx.

Johnny suddenly looks shocked.

JOHNNY

Red hair?

SCOTTY

Yep.

JOHNNY

6'3?

SCOTTY

...how the hell should I know? Dude, she was about...I dunno, 1 metre 38 centimetres.

JOHNNY

Green top, blue jeans, Nike trainers?

SCOTTY

Yep, yep and I dunno cause she came out of the shower.

JOHNNY

...you remember when my red headed, 1 metre 38 centimetre tall, green topped, blue jeaned cousin came over with my Christmas present and asked if she could take a shower 'cause it was raining outside when she got here?

SCOTTY

Yeah.

JOHNNY

SCOTTY

Why you looking at me like that?

JOHNNY

'Cause it was my cousin, doofus.

SCOTTY

All I know is, she took my money. Now, Leo...

Scotty and Johnny finally look down, to realise Rodez has sneaked off...coming back with three cups of coffee just seconds later.

RODEZ

Sorry I took so long guys, there was a hell of a queue. So, did we sort out which family member it was you were follin' around with yet?

GPX

Yep.

RODEZ

Good. So, we can talk about what we're gonna do about Zack then?

SCOTTY

I dunno, I think he's finally flipped his lid Le-Ro. What he did at Climax was crazy. The kinda thing only a crazy man would do.

RODEZ

Yes. But, we can't just let him get away with the crap he's pulling guys. We've gotta do something.

SCOTTY

How about we write a song trashing him. That's what all the kids are doing these days. Like...that kid with the potty mouth and his ex.

JOHNNY

Eamon and Frankee?

SCOTTY

Yeah, them.

JOHNNY

I got it, I got it...Everyone hates Zack!

SCOTTY

He has a hairy back!

JOHNNY

So let's kick him in the sack!

SCOTTY

And...uh...feed'm to a yak?

RODEZ

I was thinking more along the lines of...challenging him to a match.

SCOTTY

Oh, right. Well, in that case...

RODEZ

No, no. I was thinking along the lines of challenging him to a match. At AnglePalooza.

SCOTTY

Wait, you ain't entering the Rumble?

JOHNNY

You realise we can likely get at Zack at some point during that, dontcha?

RODEZ

...I can still enter the Rumble and be on the undercard, right?

JOHNNY

Sure.

SCOTTY

I guess.

RODEZ

Right. Well, in that case, let's see if big tough Zack has got the guts to come after me at AnglePalooza. Now, if you guys'll excuse me...

Chugging down the rest of his coffee, Rodez chucks the empty cup at the wall before firing himself up with a couple of slaps to the face.

RODEZ

...I've got a title to defend.

SCOTTY

Give'em hell brah.

JOHNNY

Yeah, good luck Leon.

High-fives are exchanged between the three before Leon scoops his X-Title up from the seat next to where he was sitting, flinging it over his shoulder before striding out of the room. Scotty whistles away absent-mindedly to himself as he sits down, sipping at his coffee.

JOHNNY

...Everyone hates Zack!

SCOTTY

His interviews are wack!

JOHNNY

So let's all break his back!

SCOTTY

And pee up the side of his Cadillac!

(Go to break)

We cut to a shot backstage, where Phoenix and Josh Matthews are talking.

JOSH

So they didn't even book you on the show?

PHOENIX

No.

JOSH

But this is your hometown!

PHOENIX

Well, NO, actually...

JOSH

Still.

The two men exchange uncomfortable silence. Matthews fidgets with his feet.

JOSH

So...

PHOENIX

Yeah...

JOSH

Mmhmm.

Pause.

PHOENIX

Oh, hey, good job with Zack Malibu the other week.

JOSH

Yeah, um...yeah.

Josh smiles slightly. Then, more awkwardness.

PHOENIX

Well...

JOSH

So is this really it?

PHOENIX

I think so.

JOSH

But wait, didn't he want the show here SPECIFICALLY for your benefit?

PHOENIX

I guess he hit writer's block.

JOSH

I guess.

Pause.

PHOENIX

I mean, he has a lot of friends in town over the holidays, not to mention working 40 a week.

JOSH

True, but still, it's not as though he has no free time.

PHOENIX

True enough.

JOSH

Yeah, and--

Josh is suddenly BLASTED from behind by none other than "Macho Man" Randy Savage!!

SAVAGE

OOOOH, YEEEEAH, BROTHER!!! YER BREAKIN' KAYFABE AGAIN!!! OOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEAHHHHH!!!!

PHOENIX

Shit, I forgot! Uh...um...never mind!! Doo de doo de doo de doooo...

Phoenix dances the Charleston, mezmerising Randy long enough for J.Math to find his feet.

JOSH

Whoa...

*cut to Sofa Central*

COLE

What...in the hell...was THAT.

COACH

Funny!

COLE

Wow.

(FADE OUT)

SUNDAY NIGHT

Courtesy of OAOAST.com

Inside their dressing room, Black T are seated on two steel folding chairs, drenched in sweat as this was recorded minutes after their pay-per-view match with The Love Doctors. Jivin' J.R. is sitting on the floor Indian-style, sobbing as he eats a bucket of strawberry ice cream, the cowboy hat top of his barbecue sauce serving as a spoon.

T-BOD

A wise man once said "Adversity introduces a man to himself." Right now we could be out here screaming at the top of our lungs about our loss to The Love Doctors, but we're not going to cry over spilled milk. This isn't doomsday. Because along with Zack Malibu, as The Original Elite, we are still co-holders of the OAOAST tag team championship. We may have fallen off the saddle, but we're right back up. Tell 'em Dan.

BLACK

One week ago, we talked about how it would take one hell of a team to defeat us, and the bottom line is, for one night The Love Doctors were better than Black T. Now they get to walk around town with the HI-YAH International tag team championship.

We'll give you credit -- we fell for your mind games. For weeks there were buzz about this new double-team maneuver you had come up with -- Strong Medicine. For weeks we spent countless hours viewing video tape in T-Bod's private theater at his ranch in Texas, Rancho Magnifico. We trained for the spectacular, only to be caught off-guard by a relatively simple move.

As the old saying goes: Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

We took it to you, but you dished it right back at us. And most importantly, got the 1-2-3. But I want you to do us a favor. I want you to take those tag titles to Windy City Hospital and display them in a place everyone who comes in can see, because it's not a matter of if, but when Black T take the straps back.

Congratulations...for now.

T-BOD

Until we meet again, ladies.

T-Bod blows a kiss to the camera as we fade out.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

PANTHER/BRYTE FLASHBACK~!

Angleslam III (8/29/04)

Steel Cage Match

Bryte pulls himself back to his feet and charges at Panther with a full head of steam, only to find the small chain wrapped around his throat. Bryte's waves his arms like a madman as Panther pulls back as hard as he can on both ends of the chain, slowly but surely choking the rookie to the canvas. Bryte's arms begin to slow as he slumps down into a seated position, at which point, Panther shoves him down to the mat, then drives the flat of his boot into the bridge of his nose. Bryte clutches at the side of his face and lets loose a loud scream after the stomp, and it's at this point that Panther raises his right leg and plucks a bloody razor blade from the bottom of his boot.

COLE

Oh my God!

COACH

He just stomped him with a razor attached to his boot?

COLE

This is brutal!

Bryte pulls himself back up to a knee, revealing a rather deep cut on his right cheek, just next to his nose. He tries to rise back to a vertical base, but Panther comes up from behind and forces him back down with a rear naked choke. Bryte squirms, trying to free himself from Panther's grasp, but to no avail as Panther takes the razor blade, places it at the left side of his forehead...

CABOOSE

Oh wait a minute now! THIS is going too far!!!!!!

...a frantic Taylor begins to pound the steel mesh as Panther SLOWLY drags the blade from one side of Bryte's forehead to the other, causing Bryte to let loose a bloodcurdling scream. Bryte falls to the canvas clutching at his face, as fans begin chanting "HOLY SHIT" at ringside.

CABOOSE

How sadistic can this man be?!

COLE

Panther is absolutely torturing Chris Bryte in this ring!

Panther grabs Bryte by the hair and mashes his face up against the cage as hard as he can--almost as if he's trying to shove his head straight through. Panther then begins raking his face back and forth across the mesh, causing Bryte to scream bloody murder once more before being yanked back down to the canvas. The camera shows a close up of the cage, giving viewers at home a good glimpse of Bryte's blood (and it's a lot) running down the steel mesh.

Taylor looks on with horror from the outside as Panther lifts Bryte up, turns him over onto his stomach and applies the Truth Infection (Dragon Clutch). The crowd cheers as Panther applies the hold.

COLE

Panther's got the Truth Infection applied! Chris Bryte is being tortured...

CABOOSE

This damn Panther is insane! I dunno what the hell Watts was thinking allowing this man to set foot in a ring again! He has no place in wrestling!

Panther wrenches back as far as he can on the hold, and the ref is right there to see if Bryte's able to continue. Seeing no signs of life, the ref raises Bryte's free arm once...twice...three times. Each time, the arm falls to the mat, and the referee immediately calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING* **CUE "State Prop (You Know Us)"

BUFFER

Here is you winner: PAAAAAANTHERRRR!!!

COLE

It's over!!!! Panther has done it!

With a big smile on her face, Tina rears back and nails Bryte RIGHT IN THE FACE with the flaming chair! The crowd goes crazy as Tina tosses the chair on top of [TAYLOR], walks back over to Panther and gives him a big hug. Ring attendants and officials hit the ring to put out the fire as Panther and Tina exit the cage and head back to the locker room.

COLE

Well, Panther and Tina have finally gotten their revenge on Chris Bryte, and these fans can't be happier.

**LIVE ACTION**

The crowd boos loudly as we cutbackstage, where Chris Bryte is walking through the hallways, Kevin Yancy Taylor to his left, The Hand to his right, and the Illuminators trailing not far behind.

COLE

Well fans, we're back and it's just about time! Panther vs Chris Bryte! This feud began on the very first HeldDOWN of 2004, and here tonight, on the last HeldDOWN of the year, these two men come full circle and look to bring this thing to a close.

CABOOSE

That's right, Cole. We just saw a second ago what Chris Bryte's motivation is coming into this match.

COLE

Yes, it was that beating that Panther delivered to him at Angleslam that put Chris Bryte out of action indefinitely. In addition to the scars and burns from the razor and flaming chairshot, Bryte also slipped into a mini-coma following the event, the result of the beating the blood loss he suffered during that match. We weren't sure if we'd ever see Chris Bryte again after that cage match...

CABOOSE

But he's back, Cole, and he's back for revenge. You heard what he had to say earlier on! This isn't about winning and losing. This isn't about proving who's better! This is Chris Bryte trying to end Panther's career permanently! He wants to inflict some serious damage here tonight.

COLE

But he's gotta do it without the help of Uncle Kev and his stablemates, because all non-participants in this match have been barred from ringside! It'll be one on one between Panther and Bryte!

Bryte reaches the gorilla position and turns back to his entourage, giving Taylor and the Illuminators high fives and the Hand a slap on his massive shoulder before heading toward the curtains. "It's Goin' Down" by Linkin Park feat. the X-Ecutioners hits the PA system as through the curtains, we can see a white strobe light flashing from within the arena.

Watch them flee...

Watch them flee...

Wa...Wa...Watch them flee [hip hop hits]

*SCRATCH**SCRATCH*

And you do it like this!

As the song's main riff kicks in, Bryte flings the curtains aside and walks out onto the stage, being greeted by resounding boos from the capacity crowd. Bryte just stands there for a moment, trying as best he can to block the fan response out. He grits his teeth and slaps his chest, hyping himself up as he starts down the ramp to ringside.

BUFFER

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, this contest is a Grudge Match and is scheduled for one fall. Both participants have agreed prior to this match's signing that all non-participants in this contest will be barred from ringside. Introducing first, wearing blue with silver trim and fighting out of Topeka, Kansas! He he stands at 6 foot 1 inch and weighs in at One Hundred and Seventy-Five pounds! He comes here tonight seeking to run his opponent out of the sport of professional wrestling for good! He is managed by Kevin Yancy Taylor, and is the self-proclaimed BRYTEST RISING STAR IN THE GAME...this is CHRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSS....BRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYTE!!!!!!!!

The crowd voices its disapproval once again, but Bryte ignores them, climbing up the ring stairs and entering the ring looking as serious as we've ever seen him. Doing no posing, no playing to the crowd, Bryte promptly removes his vest and shades and tosses them over to a ringside attendent. The music dies down and he turns back to the locker room, his nostrils flaring and a look of intensity in his eye as he awaits the arrival of his opponent. Then, a loud pop comes up from the crowd as we cut backstage, where Panther and Tina are now walking toward the entrance. Chants of "PAN-THER, PAN-THER" fill the arena, bringing a slight smile to his face as he and Tina near the curtain.

COLE

And here he comes. For the first time since Thanksgiving Star Wars, Panther enters an OAOAST ring...but in what condition will he be in? Will ring rust come into play?

COACH

I really don't think it will, Mikey. Panther's not here to wrestle Bryte--he's here to fight!

COLE

And what a fight this will be!

Just before they reach the gorilla position, Tina catches Panther by the arm and spins him around, grabbing his cheeks with her right hand and pulling him in for a passionate kiss. She smiles at him before turning in the opposite direction and heading back to their dressing room. Then, Panther begins to loosen up, shaking his right arm and jogging in place as a look of seriousness forms on his face. The fans begin to clamor in anticipation as Panther turns back to the curtains. At his right side, a production assistant begins to count down.

PROD. ASSISTANT

Ok, here we go! In...

LET'S ROLL!

Suddenly, "Roc U" by the Young Gunz and Beanie Sigel kicks in over the PA system, and the video feed cuts out to a black and red radar screen, at the center of which, a glowing red Panther's head appears after each sonar revolution. After the seventh revolution, the radar fades away, leaving just the glowing Panther's head. All at once, the head zooms forward, and…

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM~!

…we're taken back out to the darkened arena, which is rocked by a HUUUUUUUUUUGE pyro blast. A thick cloud of smoke forms at the entrance, and a bright white spotlight emits from the locker room, highlighting the Panther's silhouette. The light steadily gets brighter as the cymbals begin to clash in the background, each clash accompanied by a bright red spotlight, which highlights a portion of the HeldDOWN set. Finally, at approximately the 23 second mark, the white light begins to flicker and suddenly disappears as the red spotlights converge on the entrance and Panther steps through the smoke and walks to a standing ovation. He exudes confidence as he walks to the edge of the stage, glaring down the ramp at Bryte as he slowly raises his arms high above his head--holding the pose as a sole white spotlight flashes upon him to the heavy beat of his music. Then, he snaps his arms down by his sides, cueing the spotlights to disperse about the arena. Panther points at Bryte and makes a throat slashing gesture before starting towards him.

BUFFER

And his opponent, hailing from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania! This man stands at 5 feet, 11 inches, and weighs in tonight at One Hundred and Ninety-Five pounds! After over a month out of action, this man makes his in-ring return tonight hoping to conquer his past demons and then move on to accomplish his ultimate goal of being the World Heavyweight Champion! Since 1996, he has wrestled all over the globe, garnering a reputation as the Heavy Hitter, the Personification of Greatness, and Champion of Champions...here is the one...the only...PAAAAAAAANTHHEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

The crowd pops once more for Panther as he nears the bottom of the ramp, giving a high five to a fan in the front row before leaping onto the apron, engaging in a tense staredown with Chris Bryte. Bryte glares at Panther hard from the center of the ring, and after about half a minute, Panther steps through the ropes and coolly walks out to the middle of the ring himself, not once taking his eyes off a Bryte. The crowd begins to clamor once more as they go face to face, neither man flinching, neither man willing to budge. Suddenly, Panther snaps his right fist into the air--

*BOOOOOOOOOOOM~!*

--cuing his signature pyro to explode from the ringposts. The lights return to normal and the men have not taken their eyes off one another yet, chants of "PAAN-THER" now ringing throughout the arena. Buffer exits the ring and the music dies down as referee Earl Hebner calls for the bell.

*DING DING DING*

COLE

There's the bell and we're underway! Bryte and Panther...the last HeldDOWN of the year, and these two men have not taken their eyes off of each other yet! I wish you could be here folks to experience the feeling we've got in this building right now!

COACH

Yeah, Mikey! You could cut the tension in here with a knife! Watch!

Coach pulls a switchblade, pops it open and swipes at the air...stabbing Michael Buffer right in the shoulder.

COACH

Oopsie!

CABOOSE

Idiot.

Buffer lets loose a loud scream before crumbling to the floor in a pool of blood.

Meanwhile, back in the ring, Bryte's beginning to talk some trash to Panther. Panther responds to Bryte's comments with a shove, sending him back a couple of steps. Bryte comes right back to Panther, jamming his index finger square into his chest, but Panther slaps the finger away and shoves him back again, this time sending Bryte into the ropes. He quickly bounces off and blasts Panther with a hard forearm to the jaw, to which Panther responds with a right hand! Bryte with another forearm! Right hand from Panther! Bryte! Panther! Bryte! Panther!!!

COLE

IT'S A SLUGFEST, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! THIS THING HAS JUST GOTTEN UNDERWAY, AND IT'S ALREADY BROKEN DOWN!

The two men continue to slug it out in the middle of the ring, neither man seemingly gaining an advantage. Finally, Bryte slips a right hand from Panther and manages to catch him with a right of his own! He slips another right from Panther, but when Panther tries to rebound with a left hook--

*BOOOM~!*

--they catch each other on the jaw simultaneously, and both men go down hard. Both men roll around on the canvas momentarily, clutching at their respective jaws as they try to get themselves together. The men crawl toward opposite corners and pull themselves up to seated positions. As the cobwebs begin to clear, both Panther and Bryte slowly raise their heads, locking eyes once more.

COACH

Uh oh!

COLE

They've got their locked eyes once again!

COACH

It's about to break loose one more time, Mikey!

Both men pull themselves back to a standing position and rush back out to the middle of the ring, where they meet and begin slugging it out a second time! The crowd goes wild as the two combatants rip into one another with everything they can muster--chops, punches, forearms, the whole works. This time, Panther manages to counter a couple of Bryte shots and come away with the upper hand, prompting Bryte to grab a quick headlock to slow things down. Thinking quickly, Panther immediately shoves Bryte into the ropes, dropping down as he comes off. Bryte goes up and over and to the other side, coming off at high speed as Panther springs back to his feet and turns--

*BOOOM~!*

CABOOSE

Ouch!

They collide heads, and both men fall straight to the canvas! The crowd boos slightly as both men roll around, clutching at their heads.

COLE

Bryte came off those ropes at high velocity and he and Panther just cracked heads. Both men are down...

COACH

And Panther was talking about those concussions earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if he got another one after that collision.

COLE

Tell me about it!

Panther and Bryte end up rolling right back to their previous corners, where they again pull themselves up to seated positions. An irate Bryte runs his hand through his hair as he glares across the ring at Panther, who in return shoots him a hard glare of his own. The crowd begins to come to its feet as the men start to rise again!

COACH

Here we go baby! It's round 3!

Like a pair of raging bulls, Bryte and Panther charge at one another at full speed. This time, however, Bryte manages to duck a haymaker from Panther and slip behind him, catching him with hard kick to the back of the knee. Another one catches Panther right in the kidneys, followed by a cyclone knife-edge to the back of the head that sends Panther tumbling forward into the buckle. Bryte quickly rushes over to the opposite buckle and begins to measure him, and once Panther turns around, Bryte darts at him, handspringing his way for a Low Ki-style Tidal Crush that misses the mark! Panther's able to dodge the blow and rush to the ropes, coming off with a running front elbow that sends Bryte straight to the mat! Panther his the ropes second time, this time catching Bryte coming off with a satellite headscissors that flings him halfway across the ring!! Bryte returns to his feet and charges, only to be dropped by a reverse elbow! As he scrambles to get back to his feet, Panther hits the ropes once more and catches him with a knee lift that knocks him upright, sending him staggering back into a corner. With Bryte stunned, Panther moves in on him and begins to go to work, with chop...

*CRACK*

CROWD

WHOOOOOOOOOOO~!

...after chop...

*CRACK*

CROWD

WHOOOOOOOO~!

...after chop!

*CRACK*

CROWD

WHOOOOOOO~!

Bryte clutches at his chest, upon which one can see a red outline of Panther's hand. Panther leaves him with no time to tend to it, Irish whipping him cross corner, causing Bryte to hard off the buckle, at which point Panther goes for a hip toss, but Bryte counters that into a leaping DDT--NO! WAIT!

COLE

GUILLOTINE!!!!! BRYTE COUNTERED THAT HIP TOSS ATTEMPT AND GRABBED A FRONT GUILLOTINE IN MIDAIR! PANTHER'S IN TROUBLE!

The crowd boos as Bryte struggles to get his legs locked around Panther's waist and at the same time keep the guillotine applied. Unfortunately for him, the momentum with which he took off with prevented him from being able to get a good grip, and Panther--without ever leaving his feet--is able to squeeze his head loose, at which point he begins to pound Bryte with hard right hands to the mouth and to the bridge of the nose. With Bryte stunned, Panther hooks his legs (which are still scissored around his waist), rolls him up onto the back of his neck and slingshots him facefirst into the buckle! Bryte groggily staggers out to the center of the ring after impact, where Panther hooks him with a rear waistlock and dumps him onto the back of his head with a vicious German! The crowd pops big as Panther springs to his feet with fire in his eyes.

COLE

Oh boy! You know what this means, Coach!

COACH

That's right! He's FIRED UP, DAMN IT!!!!!

The crowd cheers as Panther waves Bryte on, anxiously waiting for him to return to his feet. And as soon as he does, Panther moves right back in and folds him up with a second German! The crowd pops once more as Panther hits his feet once again, shooting an intense glare into the crowd before looking back down at Bryte and motioning for him to get up. The fans begin to clamor.

COLE

Here we go, gang! Panther's got Bryte on the run here in the early going, and this crowd is on its feet! They are solidly behind the Champion of Champions!

Indeed. The fans are clapping and screaming at the top of their lungs as Panther hovers above the Bryte man, begging and pleading for him to return to his feet. Slowly, Bryte manages to push himself up to a knee, then back to a standing position, at which point Panther moves in for a rear waistlock--OH! But before he can even cinch it in, Bryte drills him with a reverse elbow!

CABOOSE

HAHA!

A second elbow sends Panther staggering back toward the ropes, dazed. Bryte takes a second to shake loose the cobwebs before hitting the ropes opposite him and charging at him with a full head of steam. But Panther catching him coming in, pressing him up into the air and dropping him gutfirst across the top rope, driving all of the air out of his body. Bryte teeters along the top rope gasping for air, as suddenly, Panther steps out to the ring apron beside him. He blasts Bryte with two hard rights to the kidney before hooking around the waist and whipping him off the rope into powerbomb position.

CABOOSE

Oh no he's not!

COLE

He's not going for Da Bomb, is he?! Not from the apron!

That's what he's going for, but Bryte has the top rope hooked, and Panther's forced to set him back down. Undaunted, Panther lifts Bryte up off the ropes again, this time managing to separate his hands from the top rope. Bryte kicks his legs wildly and shifts his weight, causing Panther to drop him down on the apron in standing headscissors position, at which point, Bryte rises up and sends Panther up and over his head with a back body drop. The crowd cringes collectively as Panther hits back first off the lip of the ring, then falls facefirst onto the ringside mats below. Bryte breathes deep, labored breathes as he looks back down to Panther, who's trying to get his feet under him. Waisting no time, Bryte walks toward the corner and begins to climb the ropes.

COACH

What the hell is he doing?

COLE

Panther's down on the outside! Bryte's climbing the ropes! What's this gonna be here?

The crowd comes to its feet as Bryte stands perched on the top rope, trying to steady himself. And once Panther's able to reach a vertical base, Bryte propells himself backwards, landing right on Panther's head with a death-defying moonsault press! The crowd gives a respectful pop for the move, and chants of "HOLY SHIT" begin to echo throughout the arena!

COLE

Dear God what a move by Chris Bryte! That moonsault from the top rope to the outside...my God, he may have killed himself and killed Panther in the process!

CABOOSE

For once, Cole, you're not lying! Both Bryte and Panther are down, and that just goes to show how much Bryte hates Panther! Just how far he'd go to take him out! He's even willing to hurt himself if it means hurting Panther!

COLE

Fans, we've gotta step away for a moment. Don't go away--our tapes are rolling. If the match ends, we'll bring it to you on the other side! Stay with us!

**Commercial**

When the break ends, Panther leaning up against the guardrail dazed, as meanwhile, Bryte's over at Sofa Central trying to wrest the announce table away from Michael Cole!

COLE (holding onto an end of the table)_

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING, BRYTE?! WHAT ARE YOU...LEAVE THE DAMN TABLE ALO--

*THUD*

Bryte pie-faces Cole, causing him to lose his grip of the table and fall flat on his ass. With Caboose and Coach looking on from the sofa, Bryte drags the table out diagonally, with the corner of the left end of the table just about touching the middle of the ring apron. Then, he grabs a steel chair that's lying next to the table and starts back toward Panther. However, as soon as he turns around--

*WHAM*

--PANTHER SUPERKICKS THE CHAIR BACK INTO HIS FACE!!!!! Bryte's body goes flailing back onto the table, at which point Panther mounts him and just begins peppering him with rapid-fire right hands to the head, driving the crowd into a frenzy. Looking to restore order, referee Hebner slides to the outside and begins to tug on the back of Panther's jersey, trying to pull him off of Bryte.

HEBNER

C'mon, Panther break it up! Get it back into the ring! Get it--

*THUD*

Suddenly, Panther shoves Hebner down and starts after him, sending scrambling around the ringpost to the other side of the ring as a dazed Bryte ends up falling off the table, hitting the back of his head on the arena floor. With Bryte down, Panther heads back over to the table grabs the chair, setting it up right next to the table before walking back over to the ringpost and setting himself. Slowly, Bryte begins to clear the cobwebs, dragging himself back to a standing position. As soon as he's vertical, Panther charges his way, springboard off the steel chair and leaping OVER the announce table, catching Bryte with a twisting rana that sends him backfirst into the edge of the stairs!

CABOOSE

Dear God!

COLE

It's crazy out here! Panther and Chris Bryte are absolutely trying to obliterate one another out here! They are tearing themselves and this entire arena apart!

Bryte clutches at his lower back as Panther lifts him to his feet, grabbing him by the hair and slamming him facefirst into the steel stairs! He does this a second time before hooking Bryte up and giving him a side Russian leg sweep, sending the back of his head smashing hard off the guardrail. As nearby fans heckle the fallen Bryte, Panther looks down at the floor, his eyes beginning to light up. With a smile on his face, Panther walks over to the middle of the apron and begins lifting up the ringside mats, drawing another big pop from the crowd.

CABOOSE

Oh no! What the hell is he doing now?!

COLE

Panther's lifting up those mats at ringside! Whenever I see this, I can't help but recall the night that Chris Bryte gave Tina a brainbuster on the exposed concrete! Perhaps Panther's gonna try to return the favor right here.

The ref admonishes Panther as he shoves the mats aside and starts over to Bryte, a sinister look in his eyes. He lifts the Bryte man back to his feet and drags him over to the exposed concrete, where he hooks him in a front facelock!

COACH

I think you were right, Cole. I think Panther's gonna try to give him the brainbuster on the floor!

The fans egg Panther on as he tosses Bryte's arm back over his head and prepares to lift him. However, referee Hebner is right there trying to talk Panther down!

HEBNER

Stop it, Panther! You're gonna kill him! Stop--

*THUD*

Panther shoves Hebner down again, drawing another favorable reaction from the crowd. However, the distraction bought Bryte enough time to gather himself, and he ends up lifting Panther up and delivering a gutfirst suplex right across the guardrail. The crowd boos loudly as Panther collapses into the front row clutching at his ribs.

COLE

Chris Bryte...he just dropped Panther across that guardrail...

CABOOSE

He may have broken Panther's ribs right there.

Some young Panther supporters pat him on the back as he sits just on the other side of the guardrail, clutching at his ribs while taking heavy breaths, trying to get some air back into his lungs. Before he's able to, however, Bryte reaches over the guardrail and catches him by the back of the head, dragging him back to his feet. The crowd begins to boo once more as Bryte hooks Panther in a front facelock, lifts him up for another suplex and drops him ribfirst across the guardrail again! This time, Panther's body teeters forward, causing him to slip off the railing and land hard on the exposed concrete. Bryte looks to follow up, but Hebner stops him, demanding that he get back into the ring.

COLE

Thank you! Finally, Earl Hebner's gonna try and get this thing under control! Hebner ordering Bryte to get back into the ring, and Chris Bryte...thankfully, it looks as if he's gonna oblige him.

CABOOSE

Yeah, he's obliging him alright, but it may be too little too late for Panther! He's pretty hurt after getting dropped across that guardrail.

Indeed. Hebner argues with Bryte--who's now in the ring--as on the floor, Panther pulls himself up to his knees, his right arm pulled close to his ribs. He a look of pain is etched on his face as he works to pull himself back to his feet, chants of "PANTHER" breaking out across the arena as fan rally for him to get himself together. Their cheers seem to work, as Panther manages to pull himself back to his feet, and with a pained expression on his face, he reaches up with his left hand and slowly pulls himself up onto the apron. He's barely able to plant both feet on the apron when suddenly Bryte comes at him with a Tajiri-like handspring, and catches him with two feet right to the side of the head, sending Panther flying off the apron and crashing right back down onto the guardrail. This time, he appears to have hit his jaw, and the crowd boos as he falls to the canvas, favoring it!

COACH

Panther's in a bad way here.

CABOOSE

And I've got a feeling that Bryte's only a few moments away from trying to end this match--and Panther's career--once and for all!

Bryte heads to the outside and grabs Panther, lifting him up to his knees and burying a hard knee to the side of the head. He follows up with one more before rolling him back into the ring. Panther quickly tries to get to his feet, but ends up crumbling back to the mat in pain, clutching at his injured ribs. Bryte then rolls into the ring after him, lining him up for his next move, and when Panther tries to push himself up, Bryte moves right in on him and blasts him with a hard kick to the ribs. He follows that up with another kick, this one sending Panther rolling towards a corner in pain. Bryte doesn't let up, though, following Panther in and driving two swift knees to the back of his head before lifting him up into a seated position against the turnbuckles and driving the flat of his foot right into his throat. Hebner begins to admonish Bryte!

HEBNER

1...2...3...BREAK IT, BRYTE!!!!!!

Bryte feigns an elbow to Hebner, causing him to back off. Then, he catches Panther with a hard stomp to the face, which he follows up with a series of bootscrapes. Bryte then reaches forward to lift Panther, but before he's able to, Panther wisely grabs the front of his tights and, with a leverage move, sends him crashing facefirst into the top turnbuckle. Bryte staggers out to the center of the ring holding his nose, and the fans begin to cheer once again, hoping for Panther to get back to his feet and regain the advantage. Looking to capitalize, Panther musters up every bit of strength in his body to pull himself back to his feet, and with a full head of steam he charges at Bryte--

*WHAM*

ONLY TO GET A KNEE DRIVEN DEEP INTO HIS ABDOMEN! Panther lands on the mat in a seated position, at which point Bryte comes up from behind and blasts him with a hard kick to the small of the back. One more to the chest knocks Panther flat on his back, at which point Bryte runs to the ropes and comes off with a power drive elbow right to the ribs! Panther cries out in pain and Bryte immediately goes for the cover--the first of the match--for the count of...

NO!!!!! Panther forces his shoulder off the canvas, drawing another pop from the crowd. Frustrated, Bryte returns to his feet and begins driving repeated knees into Panther's ribs and sternum, each blow driving the breath out of Panther's body. A smile begins to form on Bryte's face as he looks down on his hated rival, seeing him writhing in pain. Then, he looks up into the crowd, inciting a deafening roar of boos from them. The jeers only serve to motivate Bryte, though, as he grabs Panther legs and begins to step through, grapevining them as if going for...

COLE

Hey!

COACH

A sharpshooter?

Panther tries to fight it, but to no avail as Bryte easily turns him over onto his stomach. But instead of sitting down on the Sharpshooter, Bryte reaches forward, hooking Panther's arms and pulling back with a modified surfboard. Bryte sets himself low as he cranks on the arms with all his might, causing Panther to scream in pain.

COLE

Chris Bryte with this version of a surfboard is stretching Panther! He's got this hold locked in tight, applying all kind of pressure to the ribs, to that damaged midsection of Panther...

CABOOSE

And he could end up submitting, Cole. Hebner's right there asking him.

Indeed, Hebner's right there to see if Panther can continue, but Panther's vehemently refusing to give in. Frustrated, Bryte breaks the hold, shoving Panther down to the canvas and lining him up with another hard kick to the ribs. Then, he drops down and plants both knees into Panther's back, hooking him up under the chin as he prepares to lock on a bow-and-arrow submission. He takes a moment to flash a cocky smile, drawing more boos from them. However, that split second hesitation was all Panther needed, as he hooks Bryte's head in one arm, his leg in the other, then rolls him over into a pinning combination. Shoulders are down...

NO!!!!! Bryte kicks right out after two! Both men are quick to return to their feet, and Panther comes up swinging! He rocks Bryte with a hard right hook! A second has Chris Bryte staggered...

COLE

Panther's turning the tide! That momentum beginning to shift back into his favor--DAMN IT!

The crowd boos loudly as Bryte turns things back around with a palm strike to the eye. With Panther stunned, Bryte takes him by the jersey and back of the shorts and flings him across the canvas, sending him crashing ribfirst into the ringpost with a sickening thud! Bryte smugly looks down at Panther once more before moving in and catching him with another sharp kick to the ribs. He follows up with a second before heading to the outside, where he begins to hammer him with rapid-fire rights to the top of the head. From the ring, Hebner barks his admonishments at Bryte, once again ignores him, hooking Panther underneath the chin, dragging Panther’s back up against the ringpost, then grabbing his leg with his other hand. With the crowd clamoring in the background, Bryte presses the flat of his boot up against the post and begins to crank back on Panther’s head and leg, causing him to cry out in pain!

COLE

Bow-and-arrow! Chris Bryte with this bow-and-arrow applied around the ringpost! Panther is in a world of hurt here!

CABOOSE

That’s right, Chris! Break him in half! Break him in half!

COLE

Chris Bryte is torturing Panther on the outside! He is absolutely torturing him! Fans, we’ve gotta take another break! We’ll be back on the other side with the conclusion of this match!

*Commercial**

When the break ends, both Bryte and Panther are in the ring, Bryte with an abdominal stretch applied to Panther.

COLE

Fans, we’re back on HeldDOWN! Chris Bryte and Panther one-on-one, all non-participants have been banned from ringside, and this one has been a hellacious war!

CABOOSE

And it’s one that’s just about to come to an end! Panther’s out!

COLE

Panther…he’s been in this hold for a couple of minutes now, and this appears to be the beginning of the end for him.

Panther’s free arm is limp as Bryte cinches up on the abdominal stretch. Seeing no signs of life in him, Earl Hebner moves in and grabs the arm, lifting up and releasing it, allowing it to fall heavily to the canvas. He turns toward the timekeeper and signals to him.

HEBNER

That’s ONE!

Panther’s still not moving, so Hebner raises the hand up again, holding it in the air momentarily before releasing it; it goes limp again. Hebner again turns to the timekeeper and signals.

HEBNER

That’s TWO!

CROWD

TWOOOOOOOOOO~!

CABOOSE

Morons.

COLE

If that arm drops one more time, this thing is history, folks! This match will be over!

By now, chants of “LET’S GO PANTHER” are now beginning to start up in the crowd, as the fans look to will him out of this hold. It appears to do no good, though, as his arm is still lying limp on the mat. Bryte cranks back some more as Hebner raises Panther’s hands for the third and final time to see if he’s still capable of competing. He holds it up for a moment as the fans clamor nervously. He seems reluctant to drop it, looking long and hard at Panther, almost imploring him to revive himself. But Panther still appears to be out, and Hebner has no choice but to drop the hand, and it falls limp to the canvas for the third and final time!

CABOOSE

IT’S OVER!!!!!!!

COLE

CHRIS BRYTE HAS JUST WON THIS THING!

…NO! NO! NO!!!!!!! NO HE HASN’T!!!!!!

The crowd explodes as Panther’s arm shoots up into the air, inciting the fans to chant louder and louder. Bryte’s eyes widen with shock as Panther makes a fist, and proceeds to hammer him with hard right hands to force the break!

COLE

He’s out! Panther has just broken the hold! He’s not out of it yet, Caboose!

CABOOSE

Damn it, his arm dropped the third time! I saw it drop!

COLE

It didn’t! Panther’s still in this thing, and now’s the time for him to capitalize! Now’s the time to turn this thing around!

The pro-Panther chants are as loud as ever as he pushes himself back to his feet and prepares to go on attack! He catches Bryte with another right hand! Another! He tries one more but Bryte ducks it, lifts him up onto his shoulders for a fireman’s carry, then drops him down hard with a gutbuster! The crowd boos once more, drawing laughter from Bryte as Panther rolls around on the canvas in pain. Bryte then heads over to Panther and drags him back to his feet by his right arm. Once Panther’s on his feet, Bryte catches him with a hard kick to the ribs before winding up on an arm. He goes for a crescent kick—BUT NO!!!!!!! Panther ducks underneath, managing to slip behind Bryte and fold him up with a nasty looking Dragon Suplex! The crowd pops big in the background as both men lay on the canvas trying to gather themselves!

COLE

Dragon Suplex by Panther! That could be just the move Panther needed to turn this thing back around!

CABOOSE

Damn it, Chris! Get up! Get up!

Bryte tries to shake the effects of that last move as Panther pulls himself over to the rope, using them to pull himself back up to his feet.

COLE

It’s a race to see who’s gonna recover first. Will it be Panther? Will it be Bryte?

It’s Bryte. The wobbly Bryte man pulls himself up onto rubber legs and starts over to Panther, looking to go back to work. He grabs Panther by the hair and tries to pull him back to his feet, but at the last second, Panther wraps him up in a front waistlock and drills him with an inverted atomic drop! A second sends Bryte bouncing off Panther’s knee in a world of hurt, and Panther pushes himself back to a standing position, ready to go! With the crowd surging behind him, he waves Bryte back to his feet, and as soon as he’s vertical, Panther ROCKS him with a hard right hand! A second causes him to flop up against the ropes! Bryte tries to come back with one of his own, but Panther counters with a half nelson and uses that to drive the back of Bryte’s neck down onto his knee. Bryte rises to a seated position, clutching at the back of his neck, at which point, Panther darts to the ropes opposite him and—

*WHAM*

--BLASTS HIM WITH THE FRONTLINE (running front dropkick to the face)! Bryte is down…Panther with the cover…

1…

2…

3—NO!!!!!!! Only a two!!!

Panther brings Bryte right back to his feet, buckling his knees with a front elbow to the top of the head! Bryte tries to fire back with a wild right hand, but Panther ducks underneath and dumps him on the back of his head with a back drop Suplex. With Bryte lying flat on his back in the middle of the ring, Panther heads to the outside and ascends the turnbuckle.

COLE

What could we be about to see here?

COACH

I think we’re about to see a frog splash coming up!

Panther’s slow to climb, however, as his ribs are still bothering him after Bryte’s onslaught from earlier in the match. He manages to suck it up, though, and push himself to the top. Bryte’s had a chance to recover, though, and as Panther tries to steady himself, Bryte darts toward him, springing off the middle rope for an enzuiguri THAAAAT…

MISSES!!!!!

COLE

Oh! Panther had it scouted!

Indeed! Bryte hits the mat hard, and once he rolls over onto his back, Panther stands upright on the top and pushes off, coming down onto his foe with his signature frog splash—

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!”

Oh, but Bryte manages to get the knees up at the last second, damaging Panther’s ribs further. The crowd boos wildly as Bryte returns to his feet and heads over to the ropes, stomping with his right foot as he waits for Panther to rise! Panther’s slow to do so, clutching his ribs every bit of the way, and as soon as he’s able to get his feet under him, Bryte charges him with a Yakuza kick—BUT NO! Panther ducks it! Bryte’s momentum takes him into the ropes, and when he rebounds—

*CRACK*

HE RUNS RIGHT SMACK INTO A SUPERKICK FROM PANTHER!!!!! Bryte drops like a ton of bricks, and Panther falls into the cover!

COACH

This could be it!

1…

2…

3!!!!!!!!

NO!!!! Just a TWOOOOOOO~! Just a two!

Panther questions the ref about the count, but he maintains that it was just a two. Angered, Panther brings Bryte back to his feet and hooks him in another rear waistlock!

COLE

He’s going for another German—

But no! Another reverse elbow by Bryte breaks his grip! Bryte with a standing switch tries for a German of his own, but Panther hooks Bryte’s leg with his own to counter that! He then tries for a reverse elbow of his own! Bryte ducks the second, allowing Panther’s momentum to turn him around, at which point, Bryte brings him over with a Northern Light’s Suplex for the count of…

1…

2…

NO! Panther raises the right shoulder. Undaunted, Bryte shifts his body weight, putting Panther’s shoulder right back down onto the canvas for…

1…

2—NO! Panther hooks Bryte around the waist and bridges back up to his feet, maneuvering Bryte around into a standing headscissors. The crowd begins to clamor…

COLE

DA BOMB!!!! DA BOMB COMING UP!!!!!

NO!!!!! Before Panther can lift him, Bryte catches him with an uppercut straight to the groin; the official was positioned at an angle where he was unable to catch the blow. Panther, writhing in pain, releases Bryte and begins to favor the injured area, at which point, Bryte charges him with a go behind and brings him back to the canvas with a roll-up! The ref slides into position as Bryte bridges back and—

COLE

HEY!!!!!! HE’S GOT THE ROPES AGAIN!!!!

Bryte has the ropes gripped for leverage but the ref is unable to see, and counts…

1…

2…

3!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!! JUST TWO!!!!!!!

CABOOSE

What?!

COLE

Panther got the shoulder up!!!!!! Panther somehow got the shoulder up!

CABOOSE

How?! How the hell?!

COLE

Bryte tried to steal one just like he did a year ago, and this time it didn’t work!

Bryte is fuming as he returns to his feet, arguing with the ref about the count. Hebner maintains that Panther got the shoulder up before the three, at which point Bryte shoves him into the ropes! Hebner, no longer willing to be intimidated, shoves Bryte right back, drawing a loud pop from the crowd!

CABOOSE

What is wrong with this ref?!

COLE

Hebner’s had enough, and he’s not gonna take it anymore!

Bryte cocks his fist as if he’s about to strike Hebner, but out of the corner of his eye, he’s able to spot a recovered Panther setting himself! He calmly sidesteps the charging Panther, sending the Champ of Champs into the ropes, causing his head to become trapped between the top and middle ropes!

CABOOSE

HAHA! Look at that!

COLE

Panther’s head’s been caught in the ropes! Panther’s being hanged, and look at that asshole Bryte go to work!

Bryte immediately pounces Panther, hammering him with rapid-fire rights to the head before Hebner shoves him away, allowing Panther to pull his head free. Panther rubs his neck momentarily, but isn’t able to tend to it for long as Bryte comes right back in and grabs him by the hair! He pulls Panther right back to his feet, but Panther catches him by the head and drops down, snapping Bryte throat-first off the top rope. Bryte goes down in the ring, at which point, Panther pulls himself back up and begins to ascend the turnbuckles again.

COLE

Panther headed right back to the top again.

CABOOSE

Didn’t he learn his lesson the last time?

COLE

Panther hoping that fortune will be on his side this time around!

Bryte’s able to recover quickly from the throat snap, and quickly rushes to the corner to cut Panther off. He nails him with a hard thrust to the head to prevent him from climbing, followed by two more right hands before heading out to the adjacent apron and beginning to climb the ropes himself.

COACH

What the hell?

COLE

Bryte’s climbing the ropes now!

But a right hand from Panther on the apron stops him in his tracks. He follows up with another before climbing up onto the ropes with Bryte, at which point, he nails him with another right hand. Bryte responds! Panther! Bryte! Panther! Bryte!

COLE

These two are slugging it out on the ropes now! That’s how much these men hate one another!

Bryte doubles up with a right hand! One more has Panther staggered, and Bryte’s beginning to get the advantage. He pulls himself up a step higher before firing off another right hand! Another, and Panther’s beginning to lose his balance!

COACH

He’s gonna fall! Panther’s gonna fall!

Just when it looks as if he may go, Panther reaches up and thumbs Bryte in the eye, halting his momentum. Before Bryte’s able to gather himself, Panther quickly hooks him in a front facelock and…

COLE

OH MY GOD, NO! DON’T DO THAT—

*CRASH!!!!!!*

SUPERPLEXES BRYTE FROM THE TOP ROPE AND THROUGH THE ANNOUNCE TABLE ON THE FLOOR!!!!!!!

COLE

CHRIS BRYTE IS DEAD!!!!!!!!

CABOOSE

THEY’RE BOTH DEAD!!!!

“Holy Shit” chants echo throughout the arena as the HeldDOWN logo scrolls across the screen, giving us about 4 or 5 instant replays of the move before cutting back to live action, where Hebner is tending to Bryte. By now, a clearly damaged Panther has somehow managed to push himself up to a knee. He shakes his head to clear the cobwebs and heads back towards Bryte, lifting him back to his feet and muscling him back into the ring. Bryte, as you can imagine, is completely out of it, but so is Panther, as he sits on the outside clutching his head. The ref checks him to see if he’s ok, but Panther shoves him away, refusing any help. Using every ounce of strength left in him, Panther drags himself up onto the apron and tries to pull himself up to the top rope.

COLE

Panther…I can’t believe it! I don’t even know how the hell he’s still standing after that superplex, and you mean to tell me that he’s gonna try and climb the ropes again?

CABOOSE

He’s a moron! Bryte…get up!

COLE

Chris Bryte is completely out of it, and Panther’s trying to climb to the top once again.

But he’s exhausted, and ends up resting on the top rope. Referee Hebner checks him one more time, again trying to see if he’s fit to continue, but Panther shoves him aside and continues to pull himself up. Slowly but surely, Panther manages to stand upright on the top rope, and with the crowd on its feet cheering him on, Panther takes off with a frog splash THAAAAAAAAAAAAT….

CONNECTS!!!!!!!

The impact causes Panther to favor his ribs once more, but he manages to find just enough strength to turn himself over and toss an arm across Bryte. The referee slides in position and begins to count…

1….

2…

3!!!!

*DING DING DING*

**Cue “ROC U”

BUFFER

Here is your winner: PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANTHEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!

COLE

Panther has done it! Panther has just defeated Chris Bryte to pick up the win here tonight! And what a match that was!

CABOOSE

I can’t believe it!

COLE

Fans, let’s take another look at some of the action in this one.

EMTs are now headed into the ring to check on both men as they lay injured on the canvas. The HeldDOWN logo scrolls the screen once more as we go through a few instant replays, such as the Superplex through the table and the frog splash for the finish. By the time the replays are finished, Tina is out to ringside, and she’s helping Panther back to his feet. The crowd pops in the background as Hebner comes to his side and raises his hand in victory.

(Go to break)

(Return from break)

They cut to the same grainy, low quality black and white video footage as a smiling Mad Cappa sits right in front of it.

Cappa: "Billy boy! (Evily) Heh heh heh! I warned you! So you must be wondering why am I not out there?

You see Bill, I am doing not for my safety, but for yours!

I just saved you from having to see me down in person after the way you *bleeped* me over on ClimaXXX!

I did warn you and I said my peace of mind.

Now, if you want the madness to stop, do the right thing.

Just do the right thing.

Oh, just in case if you think I'm kidding."

Cappa stands up, accidentally knocks the TYCO VIDEOCAM~! over, grabs his baseball bat, and proceeds to hit some already hurt mysterious person whom gets revealed Cappa was sitting on top of on the ribs a couple of times!

PERSON: "OOOOOWWWW! STOP IT! PLEASE STOP IT! YOU HAVE DONE ENOUGH! NOT AN ANOTHER BEATING!"

Cappa (audio only): "It will stop, as soon as that special person in your life does the right thing! I had to tape this to show him I'm not kidding! Heh heh heh heh!"

Cappa picks up the TYCO VIDEOCAM~! and shows his own face on it.

Cappa: "Now Bill. I think I have made myself clear. I will show up next week come hell or high water. I await your decision."

Cappa then focuses the TYCO VIDEOCAM~! to the mysterious person's face and it is revealed to be.............

Erik Watts!

Cappa (audio only): (manically) "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The feed shuts off as they go to commercial.

(Go to one last break)

(Return from break)

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #1

DREK

Ah, well, the time has come! Ladies and gentlemen, this night has just been electric. A true rollercoaster of emotions. You’ve seen me make my debut, defeat Calvin Szechstein to defend my Italian Title, beat Panther in a Ladder Match for the #1 Contender spot, trounce The Mad Cappa for the Italian Title in a No-Holds-Barred match – and now, as if there was any doubt, you’re about to witness me win my first Heavyweight Title all over again. I had to go through five other huge superstars to do it but, in the end, Crystal, Sly Sommers, Chris Stevens, Axel, and Ragdoll, just weren’t enough to stop me from realizing my fate. And in the ELIMINATION CHAMBER, no less. So let’s roll the footage folks. It’s time to watch one of the GREATEST moments of my entire career. And here we go.

DREK STONE 2004 MOMENT #1

DREK STONE: HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Drek walks towards her with a scowl on his face, but she shocks him with a vicious uppercut to the mouth, sending him staggering back towards one of the glass chambers. Crystal immediately runs at him, looking ready to lunge – but at the last moment, Drek stops her with a well-placed kick to the stomach, doubling her over. He quickly grabs her in a reverse waistlock, cinches up on it – AND DRIVES HER THROUGH THE GLASS CHAMBER WITH A GERMAN SUPLEX!! CRYSTAL SHATTERS THROUGH THE GLASS AND CRUMPLES ONTO THE STEEL GRATING!

COLE

Oh my god!!

CABOOSE

That’s it! Count it! We have a NEW Heavyweight Champion!

The fans explode with a “Holy Shit!” chant as Crystal lays lifelessly in the wreckage. Immediately after the move, Drek collapses beside her.

“HOLY SHIT!”

“HOLY SHIT!”

“HOLY SHIT!”

The fans burst with boos as Drek slowly starts to stir in this glass wreckage. He lifts his head slowly and turns it, spotting Crystal laying near him. With a deep breath, Drek plants his left hand on the grating and attempts to lift himself up. He finally finds the energy to get on his hands and knees. Drek gradually crawls towards her, braving the bloody glass shards just to get closer to the Female Phenom. Finally, he manages to get close enough to her. Drek slowly turns her over – and drapes an arm across her chest! The referee drops down!

ONE!!

TWO!!

*BZZT~!~!*

The footage suddenly cuts off to a black screen, leaving an observant Drek Stone to wonder exactly what the hell is happening.

DREK

OH!! COME ON!!! Some asshole in the back find out what happened, and continue rolling the tape!!

Suddenly, a title appears on the screen – a title that Drek Stone is not happy to see AT ALL.

TOP FIVE 2004 DREK STONE DISAPPOINTMENTS

DREK

….whoa! Whoa! What the hell is this?! GET THIS OFF THE SCREEN!!

NUMBER FIVE:

HELDDOWN AUSTRALIA: DREK STONE VS. LEON RODEZ

DREK

What in the hell is this?!

Trying to muster up as much strength as he can, Drek takes a moment before FINALLY LIFTING LEON UP FOR THE RECKER…..

…..but, in the process, Leon wraps his legs around the waist of Drek Stone. Drek breaks the hold immediately, choosing instead to unwrap Leon’s legs from around his body. This gives Rodez the opportunity to fall forward and wrap Drek Stone in a victory roll! The referee drops down to make the count! ONE! TWO! THREE!

DREK

Get this garbage off the screen! GET IT OFF!

NUMBER FOUR:

APRIL 15TH HELDDOWN: DREK GETS HIS HEART BROKEN BY DAMARAMU

*Dama slowly pulls the portrait out of Drek’s hands and starts to stare at it*

DREK

That’s it. There you go. Enjoy it. I guarantee that when you walk backstage, you will be THE MOST popular person in the locker room. Let me warn you though….they’ll begin to swarm you to get a good look at excellence. Be strong! Be prepared! Don’t let them….

*Suddenly, with lightning speed, Dama brings the portrait crashing down across Drek's head! Glass shatters everywhere as Drek hits the mat rolling over onto his face. Dama stands for a second with the destroyed frame in his hands looking down at the fallen Drek Stone. Dama drops it and pulls Stone to his feet as the fans actually cheer him on. Blood trickles down Stone's face as Dama grabs him by the throat and pulls him close, whispering something to him. In his haze, Drek's eyes go wide at what Dama whispers to him. Dama then swiftly lifts him up high and SLAMS him into the mat with a chokeslam!

DREK

I’M TELLING YOU!! I DON’T LIKE BEING HUMILIATED!!

NUMBER THREE:

DIRTY DEEDS: DREK GETS POUNDED BY GUNNER SHARPS

Reaching back down to Drek and placing him in a standing headscissors, Gunner raises one of his large arms in the air as a salute to the crowd before hoisting Drek up into the air into position for a powerbomb. Drek sees where he is and starts to rain down on Gunner with punches. But suddenly, Gunner breaks into a run! Drek stops punching and shock and lets out a loud, theatrical 'NOOOOOO' as Gunner charges towards the ring and releases Drek...

COLE

OH MY GOD!

CABOOSE

Crap...

*WHAAAAAAAM!*

COLE

ALL GUNS BLAZING...FROM THE RAMPWAY, INTO THE RING!!!

"HO - LEE SHIT! HO - LEE SHIT! HO - LEE SHIT!"

Drek is, quite simply put, done. The fans are meanwhile going absolutely nuts as Gunner casually steps over the ropes, looking down at the mangled body of Drek and with a smile on his face, places a solitary foot over Drek's chest...

ONE!

TWO!

THREEE!

DREK

STOP IT!! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!!! WHOEVER’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS IS A DEAD MAN!!

NUMBER TWO:

LICENSE TO PIN: DREK LOSES HIS ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP

Drek gives Cappa a boot to the stomach and lifts him up for the STONECUTTER…..BUT CAPPA LANDS BACK ON HIS FEET! Still in the DDT position, he takes advantage of it and brgins Drek to the mat with a northern lights suplex. Instantly after hitting the move, Cappa rolls along with it, getting back to his feet. He grabs Drek’s legs under his arm……and…..

….THE MAD CAPPA LOCKS DREK STONE INTO THE WALLS OF CAPPA!!

CABOOSE

NO!!

As soon as the hold is applied, Drek arches his back to try to muscle out of it, but Cappa uses his weight to push Drek back down! Drek begins to wildly flail for any nearby ring ropes, but there’s nothing available to help him! Drek starts to pull at his hair to take away his attention from the hold, but it’s no use! Cappa wrenches back on the hold even tighter!

Drek taps!

DREK

I PROMISE YOU!! YOU’LL BE SORRY!! YOU’LL REGRET IT!!

NUMBER ONE:

DREK STONE LOSES THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP….

….CORRECTION. THAT WILL BE IN JANUARY 2005!

The message on the camera slowly fades away to show Drek Stone absolutely seething in his recliner. With an unbelievably angry scowl on his face, he gets up from his seat, turns around, and topples the plush chair in a fit of rage.

*THUD!*

DREK

YOU RUIN MY CELEBRATION?! THIS WAS ABOUT CELEBRATING ME!! OH, YOU’RE A DEAD MAN!! WHOEVER YOU ARE…..

*CRASH*!

Drek begins kicking over flower vases in his lodge, still completely irate over what has just happened.

DREK

…..YOU’RE FINISHED!!

*As Drek continues his tantrum, the sound slowly starts to wane along with the camerashot. We fade to black as Drek continues to tear up his house, livid that somebody has ruined this showcase of the OAOAST Heavyweight Champion*

Edited by Patty O'Green

Sign in to follow this