TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kahran Ramsus

Ending to 24

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Anybody else see it.  It was fantastic.  This is why 24 is the best series on television.

Now only if Kim had died too.

Guest the pinjockey

How dare you want my beautiful Kim being killed off.

**Spoiler**

I was happy when Teri died for a couple of reasons.  First of all she was freaking annoying and I wanted her gone.  And second I knew one of the family members would die and Jack kicks ass, Kim is fucking hot as hell, so that only left Teri to take the fall.

And if I was Jack I would have at least gotten a couple of kicks in on Nina while he had her.

Guest TheDames7

Best damn show Ever.  I swear, these writers have BALLS!

Dames

Guest the pinjockey

I am interested to see what the concept is going to be for next season.  Are they going to pick up where they left off, will it be the same concept with different characters, or will they abandon the one show=one hour idea.

Guest Crazy Dan

I think that they will stick to the 24 hour concept, or so I heard on the grapevine, we shall se next season.

Overall, great show.  I like how they didn't go with the "Hollywood Ending"  It will be interesting how they do next season.  I can't hardly wait.

Guest TheDames7

If they pick up where they left off, I feel sorry for Jack.  I wouldn't want his life for any amount of money.  Think about it, the prosecution of Nina, the funeral of Teri, I doubt they'd continue it that way.

Dames

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I was going to post earlier this morning about the show, but alas I fell asleep. Still saw 24, but anyway..

And the 24 hour format is indeed returning, although its not known when the show will take place (next day, in the past, in the future..etc..)

Guest MDH257

Am I the only one dissapointed? So Jack kills Dennis Hopper and son, but guess What? It dosen't matter because the real bad guys were whoever Nina is working for and Jack is spending next season looking for them so he can avenge his wife's death.

Sorry but I thought there was going to be more closure.

Guest Choken One

If this was a mini-series or something, then yes, Closure is good but remember this is still a tv show and you need to build for next year (I totatlly forgot that they have another year, which is a good thing).  

Best Damn Show today? Hell Yeah. Nothing came close to this show in years. A little dissapointed in the anti-climatic death of the Dravens but they weren't really important in the long run.

Here's the real question...Who killed Teri? It wasn't Nina, since she was still alive when she left.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

It was Nina, they just didn't show it to create suspense.  There is no way Nina would have allowed Teri to survive.

I've heard that the second season takes place 6 months later, but I can't get confirmation.

Guest Choken One

I'd say the show returns on Election Day. My ONE AND ONLY beef with the show...Do you realize how many huge events occured in one day in real life, but they never showed how huge it was to the public (The plane explosion, TWO assassination attempts, a fire in a office building).

I guess it was NINA but I was thinking maybe they were using it as  "Who else is in on it" type of deals.

Guest MDH257

I thought that it would be self contained season and that season two would be a new adventure for Jack Bauer and David Palmer.  Instead, what we're getting is part two of this adventure.  

I thought the whole point was that the season and the running clock were leading to a conclusion for the storyline, instead it was all leading up to Teri's death.

I guess I'm just disapointed because I was expecting a ending and what I got was a cliffhanger. Am I dumb for expecting that to be what the previous 23 weeks of cliffhangers were leading up to.

But hey, since everone else is looking forward to seasin two, I'm apparently the only who's dissapointed. So if everyone else is happy, I guess I'm just missing something.

I guess I feel like I've been jerked around and made to feel stupid for caring all season.

This isn't to say that I don't like what they did plotwise, I just wish they had killed off Teri and not had that part about Nina really works for sombody else, not the Drazens or wait for next season to reveal it.  

BTW, I don't know how you can come to any conclusion other than that Nina killed Teri.

Guest Kahran Ramsus
BTW, I don't know how you can come to any conclusion other than that Nina killed Teri.

You should check out the official message board at www.fox.com/24.  A large number of them think that either

a)  Teri is not dead  OR

b)  Jack killed her

Idiots indeed.

Guest Choken One

I don't think I get "jerked" around...It was the right way because "Another Day in the life" for Season 2 would not make all that much sense. It only makes sense to cover the rest of the story...The countdown was not a countdown to anything, it was just a clock.

Of course, Nina was the killer, but they didn't show it. I inscinctivly concluded that maybe they were doing the "Another person at CTU is working with Nina" but it's obvious that Nina was the killer.

So here's the questions...

Who is she working for?

Will Palmer lose the election?

What does Jack do for revenge?

Guest TheDames7

I LOVED 24.  Personally, I think its the best show I've ever seen.  However, there are a few questions that I have.  

What ever happened to the photographer from the breakfast, Martin Belfour, who was supposed to shoot Palmer?  He was never caught on anything was he, or did he get killed with the rest of Gaines' people.  

What about that girl, Mandy, who gave Gaines the keycard?  We never saw her again.  

Dames

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I am now smacking myself with a hammer for missing the first 21 episodes!

But you know a show is good when you get the gist of it after only seeing the 22nd episode. I was in complete and utter suspense, understood the characters, and paid complete attention.

Plus, I'm a Kiefer Sutherland mark.

In all honesty, I think that Jack's superior (the one that the computer guy {DUNNO HIS NAME, AGH} originally suspected of being the mole) was in on it. Just his actions are a little too...fishy...

Guest El Satanico

Well it's actually better that the show didn't have a true ending. It's rather obvious that there is other people involved then just Victor and his henchmen. It would've been plain stupid to expect us to believe that he could get to the end of what's happening in a 24 hour period.

You have to remember that all 24 episodes represent one and only one day. It's not like a regular show(that follow one story) where you can expect to find out most of the answers at the end. By the nature of the show there's no way for them to uncover all the answers and make it realistic.

I'm also very curious as to how they will do another season. They basically have to continue with the same story. They set up the frame work of a bigger conspiray then Jack thinks and that there more to the story. I don't think they would do that if they weren't planning on continuing the story. I think the show will pick up a few months from the ending of this season after the funeral and trial and Jack will end up in Germany.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Mandy's job was done, so she just left.  Gaines had planned on working with her again in the summer.

Jonathan (the fake Martin Belkin) escaped with Jack's help, and you never saw him again.  Presumably he fled the country.