TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gWIL

I got called unAmerican by my Dean,

Today in my speech class (high school) I wouldn't stand up for the pledge and I was took to the dean's office were I was called unAmerican and told I should move to Canada. They didn't seem to understand that I don't legally have to stand up.

Guest MikeSC

Provided you don't mind shitty medical care, snotty citizens who are convinced they're funny, and a military that would get routed by a stiff breeze.

Why would you not stand up for the pledge anyway? Was it for any particular moral reason, or were you just doing it to stand out as the rebellious kid in the class?

Provided you don't mind shitty medical care, snotty citizens who are convinced they're funny, and a military that would get routed by a stiff breeze.

I don't.

When it directly refers to and thus endorses Christainity it does.

I'm not asking to ban it, just asking to be allowed to quietly sit with out being told I MUST stand up. What's wrong with me sitting quietly?

No, it doesn't really. First of all, I'm calling shenanagans on your story, because no principal would be dumb enough to subject himself to the shitstorm something like this would cause. Second, standing for the pledge is simply a sign of respect for your nation, and it has nothing to do with separation of church and state. Separation of church and state has nothing to do with the pledge, really, either; maybe they shouldn't have "under God" in it, but that doesn't make it necessarily religious anyways. You're just being an ornery, snotty brat.

Tyler, the dark side is calling you:

KR_12.8.jpg

I'd make fun of him for the fact all he would have to do in regards to his defense of "I believe in the seperation of church and state" is to NOT SAY THOSE WORDS DURING THE PLEDGE, but alas I was one of those snot-nosed commies that refused to stand for a time in high school.

When it directly refers to and thus endorses Christainity it does.

What makes you think "God" means Jesus? Allah doesn't like it when "God" doesn't refer to him...

I just called the Indiana branch of the ACLU and they informed that the school can not make me stand and that they would get back to me.

Yeah, who needs new textbooks when the school district has more important matters to tend to like UNDER GOD.

Oh, and like I said before, I'm defending you on this just because for a week or so in school I refused to say the pledge. Wasn't for religious reasons though; I just wanted to be a rebel. Don't worry, when you grow up you'll understand...

Why should he have to stand!? He's not causing a ruckus sitting there. I didn't like to stand during "OH CANADA" and it was stupid when someone made me.

You HAVE to stand and pay your country respect? Patriotism is so stupid sometimes.

Quit being such a bitch you cock sucking asshat. I hate organized religion, but i hate little shits like you even more. It does not hurt anyone to just stand during the pledge, it will not be the downfall of our society, just suck it up and do it. Eat donkey shit you rimjob giving rectal wort.

Quit being such a bitch you cock sucking asshat.  I hate organized religion, but i hate little shits like you even more.  It does not hurt anyone to just stand during the pledge, it will not be the downfall of our society, just suck it up and do it.  Eat donkey shit you rimjob giving rectal wort.

It does not hurt anyone for him to sit.

I just called the Indiana branch of the ACLU and they informed that the school can not make me stand and that they would get back to me.

I call someone caught in a lie and trying to back himself up.

Guest Fishyswa

I don't buy the "just don't say under god" part. It's part of the pledge. If you say "the pledge" then you say "under god".

I can't understand for the life of me why we can't replace that with something like Justice or Liberty. There isn't a rule about using the same word twice in pledges I don't think.

And remember, the most american thing you can do is exercize every little freedom you have. :)

Just mumble it, that's what I did in high school. Of course, that's because school started at 7:30 in the morning and I was only about 1/4 awake.

Seriously, it's two little words. Once you graduate, you probably won't have to recite it ever again so just deal with it.