TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

Are you an alcoholic?

Guest Princess Leena

Us white people can't drink every night. Because we have to go to work the next morning.

Also, there's no stereotype of white people not drinking as much as everyone else. Stop trying to be a funny racist, because when you cease to be funny, you're just a racist, and that's bad.

I am not an alcoholic. I know some people who start with a beer in the morning and start getting slowly tanked before they're all out sloshed by happy hour. How they go through the rest of the day is beyond me.

I was on the way to becoming one, but then I got rid of the thing that was causing me to drink. I realized that that thing was the problem, and that I needed alcohol to relieve stress rather than being dependent on the substance itself. Now I've gone from drinking almost every day for comfort to drinking once a week for fun.

Us white people can't drink every night. Because we have to go to work the next morning.

I know way more white alcoholics then black alcoholics. You mad Princess KKKeena?

I was on the way to becoming one, but then I got rid of the thing that was causing me to drink. I realized that that thing was the problem, and that I needed alcohol to relieve stress rather than being dependent on the substance itself. Now I've gone from drinking almost every day for comfort to drinking once a week for fun.

But I don't drink for stress, I drink for fun also, but it's everyday. So does that not make me an alcoholic? I'm confused :huh:

But I don't drink for stress, I drink for fun also, but it's everyday. So does that not make me an alcoholic? I'm confused :huh:

I'm in a similar boat, where I don't necessarily NEED a drink, but if I get one or two in me, I will need one.

I will drink when I'm stressed, no quesiton, but the majority of it is for fun or because I enjoy it.

On AA's Are You test, I only got 9 out of 13, which classified me by a lot, but if 9 out of 13 didnt pass me on my first written driver's test, it shouldnt pass me as a drunk, either.

If you drink every day, you're an alcoholic. The reasoning doesn't matter. I'm just saying that I drank to feel better, not because I had a physical dependency for alcohol, and now that I am mostly stress free, I hardly drink at all. If I still chose to drink every day for fun, I'd be an alcoholic. Not that I have a problem with functioning alcoholics.

I don't even drink. Had one drink in my whole life. Now I'm on meds and the alcohol mixed with em would, well like kill me and shit.

In all fairness black people are poor and don't have jobs, and therefore can just drink their 40s all night.

But, in all fairness I do hate black people. I'm not racist though, I don't mind the other races, just the blacks.

Probably functioning alcoholic, or just a plain old college student. Try taking it out of your life and see what happens, just as an experiment. Week, ten days, something like that. See if you're more irritable, all that jazz

-Dr. Czech

No, but my girlfriend had to go the emergency room Saturday night for fear of alcohol poisoning.

One ticket to see In Flames: $22

One fifth of Goldschlager: $17.99

One beer at the show: $5

Finding out that the whole fifth of Goldschlager you drank raised your BAC to near-lethal levels of .332: Priceless

I quit drinking completely about 4 months ago due to a bad situation. Before then, I was a drink every Saturday night when I go out kind of person with the occassional beers throughout the week.

Probably functioning alcoholic, or just a plain old college student. Try taking it out of your life and see what happens, just as an experiment. Week, ten days, something like that. See if you're more irritable, all that jazz

-Dr. Czech

I'm actually about to do the 'take it out of your life' experiment ... I'm quitting drinking and drugs for lent. 40 days (or however long it really is) with complete sobriety. I don't think I've done that since I was 12 and started smoking pot. Rather than just quit it all cold turkey, though, I'm easing into it and taking days off leading into the big purge.

And I fully admit that I'm a functioning alcoholic. Have been for years. Drink every night, binge drink at least 2 nights a week, drink alone. But I very rarely miss work for it, & manage to pay all my bills and live a normal life, so I'm obviously still functioning. It's nothing that I'm proud of but a fact's a fact.

I've never really been able to drink beer, unless I'm heavily distracted by something.

I drink usually one night a week (after the game on Saturdays) and normally get quite drunk. If I go to a gig or a bar or anywhere that sells alcohol I will always get something though, regardless of time or day.