TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

WWE RAW House Show Report

Man, I finally got back from the show tonight after sitting in traffic trying to get out of Hartford for about 45 minutes. The show started at 7:30. Doors opened around 6:45. My friend and I arrived at around 5:30, and went aroudn the back to see the wrestlers drive in. The onyl guys of note that we saw were Armando driving in with the Highlanders, and he opened his window and did his ARMANDOOOOOO ALAJANDROOOOOOO ESTRRRRRADA spiel, it was great. We also saw Arn Anderson driving in briefly as well.

The Show was about 3/4ths sell out. The entire upper deck was taped off, but everything else was pretty close to full. The Merchandise table was actually surprisingly barren. They ahd the New D-X and Triple H shirts, but everything else was older stuff. I picked up a Cena shirt, and the new D-X DVD.

The first match was Eugene vs Conway. This was a total comedy match. Eugene got most of the offense, and did his lame Rock and Hogan immitations. This guys act is getting seriously old, it's been the exact same thing for 2 years now. Eugene got the pin after hitting The Stunner.

Next up was Trevor Murdoch and Lance Cade vs The Highlanders. I believe this may have been the first in ring appearence of The Highlanders, they were basically doing a Bushwhackers gimmick. When they came in the ring, they started beating one another, and instead of making tags, they slapped one anotehr in the face. They also did a spot where they did headbutts in opposite corners, instead of ten punches. The Highlanders eded up giving Cade the Bushwhackers old Battering Ram finish, and then did a splash off the ropes onto Murdoch for the pin. Highlanders were entertaining, but didn't seem too competant in the ring.

Umaga vs Viscera was next. Estrada got on the Mic first and did his whole act. This match was a total squash, with Viscera only getting in some token jobber offense. Umaga got the pin with the spike.

Carlito vs Nitro turned out to be the workrate match of the night. Both guys went back and fourth and kept reversing one another. Both guys are much better workes then they are allowed to be on television it seems. Carlito got the pin here after his finish.

Matt Strkyer did his school segmetn next which was a waste of time. He got beat up by Jim Duggan.

Last match before intermission was Orton vs Kane. Really slow and plodding match. Orton stalled for the first five minutes, and when the match really did finally start, it was mostly just a lot of rest holds and headlocks. Fake Kane came out at one point and Real Kane beat him up. While he was distracted though, Orton was able to set him up for the RKO and got the pin. After the match, fake Kane gave real Kane a chokeslam.

A very brief intermission came next. They started up again with no announcement at all, and most of the crowd was still in the bathroom and at concessions when Coach came out.

Coach came out next and cut the usual GM promo, mentioning ECW and DX. He set up the next Divas match, Candice and Mickey James vs Torrie and Maria in some sort of bra and panties deal, you know the drill. I was in line for nachos for most of this match. The end came when Mickey ripped off the rest of Torries pants. After the match Mickey and Candice beat up Coach for wanting a kiss.

Cena came out to mostly cheers. He cut a promo about ECW and then ran down Edge for intefering and costing him the belt. Edge came out, and they had a street fight match. This wasn't very good either. Most of the action took place outside the ring, and if you know anything about the Hartford Civic Center, you know that the field of vision is terrible for anything but first row floor, so most of the crowd didn't see most of this match. Cena bladed and his face was soaked as a result. Finish came when Cena hit the F-U and got a clean pin on Edge.

Spirit Squad came out for the main event. They got on the mic and did their cheerleader bit, to loud boos. Michaels and Triple H came out and did the whole D-X entrance, with the music and the crotch chops. Triple H got ont he mic and did the Road Dog Ladies and Gentlemen promo, while Michaels did the Suck It line. This match was mostly a squash, with the Spirit Squad being treated as jobbers, and getting in limited offense. One of the Spirit Squad guys missed a splash outside on Michaels off the trampoline. In the ring, Triple H hit one of the Spirit Squad guys with the Pedigree, and Michaels his the superkick on another that tried to break up the pin. After the match, Triple H walked down the entrance ramp and came out in the crowd, right in front of where my friend and I were sitting, we got to shake his hand and everything, real class act.

I definitely was not expecting a good show tonight, especially with the level of shows RAW has been putting on lately, but I was pleasently surprised. Although it was more entertainment then workrate, it was still voerall a very enjoyable experience for my twenty five dollars. I'll post some pictures in a bit.

Sounds like a solid house show to see live. Did HBK and HHH have on DX tights?

Nope, they had the shirts on, but they had their normal ring gear on.