TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheFranchise

Predictions for 2007

Following on from the '06 predictions, what do you think will happen this coming year?

Triple H to not win any titles again?

Mabel to return and be the biggest draw at the box office in history?

Personally:

ECW will become somewhat profitable and popular.

TNA will find themselves against WWE in some direct slot.

My prediction is that Triple H will turn on Michaels AGAIN, and they will be fighting each other at every ppv for about 4 months staight.

God i hope your wrong.

ECW gets cancelled and CM Punk becomes US champ on Smackdown. Or Intercontinental champ if they move him on Raw.

I hope I'm wrong with most of these, but I have no faith in this company:

By mid-summer, C.M. Punk will be de-pushed and become a JTTS like Scotty 2 Hotty, because of his size and lack of heat after being booked in months of shitty feuds without being put over strong.

RVD will jump to TNA when his contract runs out.

Batista will end Undertaker's undefeated streak at Wrestlemania. Taker will beat the hell out of him afterward to "get his heat back."

Mark Henry will return and have another main event feud with Batista on Smackdown, and Henry will even hold the world title for a few months... before he suffers a career-ending injury.

DX will feud with the McMahon's for another year.

Edge will feud with Carlito; and Torrie Wilson will turn on Carlito to become Edge's new valet.

Randy Orton will feud with Cena and become WWE Champion again.

Lashley will get the All-American "Hogan-like" babyface push throughout the year, and he'll end up on RAW after ECW folds. He won't get over, but Vince won't care/notice.

Chris Jericho will return around October, 2007.

Honestly, at this point I don't think Vince would even throw money at RVD. And I seriously doubt Van Dam signs a new deal with WWE.

I think ECW will likely stagger on to ONS 3, then when that show tanks they'll make it into Heat on Sci Fi or something, then it won't be renewed.

Austin returns to promote his film and walks out after a few weeks when he's told he's jobbing to Kenny.

The Hart kids get buried at Survivor Series '07.

Batista Vs Taker becomes a 3 way with Kane at WrestleMania so Taker doesn't have to job, Batista keeps his title and Kane jobs in his final match.

Foley Vs Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania

Kennedy will be at least a 2 time champion by '08.

Marty Jannetty gets fired two more times.

Orton wins the Royal Rumble and goes on to beat John Cena for the title at Wrestlemania, but loses it back to him shortly after

Triple H goes heel sometime before the summer and beats Cena for the title at Summerslam

Batista gets sidelined with another injury and Finlay becomes a transitional champion before dropping it to Edge who will switch shows

RVD goes to TNA

TNA is still unable to get any significant ratings or buyrates, but keeps trucking along regardless

ECW gets canceled

The 3 Hour RAW is declared a huge success and becomes a more regular occurence

The next Saturday Nights Main Event will air at 3 AM

The Rock will finally return at some point

Randy Savage will agree to come back to be inducted into the Hall of Fame

That's all I got for now

I don't think ECW will get cancelled, but I see it highly likely that they eventually change the name of it and make it basically WWE's Night of EXTREME or something else lame like that.

Guest Princess Leena

Some F-list celebrity like Britney's ex wins the world title.

A McMahon wins the world title.

Then, they feud.

Meanwhile, HHH/HBK wrestle each other for 9 straight months.

-The company will hire more models who have no clue what they are doing and end up firing half of the ECW roster to make up for their paychecks.

-The world will be stunned when Shawn Michaels goes heel on HHH, and by stunned I mean they will collectively yawn the turn and cheer the end of DX.

-Someone will stand up to Vince and immediately be fired for having an opinion.

-In a desperate attempt to prove they are hip and with the times, Andy Dick will be asked to appear at Wrestlemania.

-Cryme Tyme will rise to the top of the tag ranks, until HHH comes out and pedigrees them both before cutting a promo about Shawn.

-HHH will fight HBK at Wrestlemania, it'll be an ok match and the five rematches will make us want them to go away forever.

-ECW will not be cancelled, however it'll sink to new lows when Test is crowned the new World Champion and feuds with Hardcore Holly over the belt.

-Jeff Hardy will win the WWE Championship from Edge, only to lose it two weeks later when he's caught with an illegal substance.

-Hulk Hogan will return at Wrestlemania for a match with Umaga. Fans will watch in shock as Umaga jobs.

-Ric Flair will break his hip only to show up on RAW four weeks later, wooing with a walker.

-Batista will pull some kind of muscle that leaves him injured for most of the year, Vince will barely notice as he never knew a show called Smackdown existed.

-The Alpha Male Monty Brown will win the IC title, only to lose it to a plucky youngster named Sgt. Slaughter.

Guest NateW

The Big Show, RVD, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton and Edge will all join TNA.

Sabu will be gone as well.

Bobby Lashley will be a main eventer on Raw and Smackdown.

JR and the king will become a dominent tag team and will hold the tag titles for most of the year

Cena will finally turn heal and the great khali will be a face and a main eventer at WM

DX will actually talk about vaginas instead of cocks for once

and there will be an insane main event at a ppv that involves chairs/tables/ladders in a steal cage for the world heavyweight title

-The world will be stunned when Shawn Michaels goes heel on HHH, and by stunned I mean they will collectively yawn the turn and cheer the end of DX.

I won't yawn, I'll mark out. I've been wanting heel HBK for a long time now and was pissed when he turned face again after the Hogan feud. If I have to sit through a feud with HHH again that's fine because it will be a little more entertaining with HBK playing the heel. Then, he can go after Cena and win the title. Which I would like to see at Mania this year.

I keep hearing how Shawn doesn't want to be heel due to his religion but the crap he's doing with DX is far worst in my eyes.

Ken Doane will win the title and feud with Cena until Wrestlemania, reviving the companies fortunes.

*Batista, will suffer another injury although this time by the actions of another wrestler and due to his age and the difficulty of recovery, will decide to retire from the business. This occurs 5 weeks before WrestleMania, where he pushes to work a brawl with the Deadman and put him over but Vince panics and sends Edge over to Smackdown to set up the “Undefeated Streak” match between the two. Undertaker goes over. The title is vacated and isn’t defended at WM*

*John Cena’s popularity continues to increase, proving McMahon’s prophecy to be correct. Triple H’s paranoia continues to grow but knows his place and steps away from a 6th straight WM title match and Shawn turns heel shortly after losing the titles they won from Rated RKO to World’s Greatest Tag Team. Shawn plays the heel this time around and they work a series of matches from WM to early fall where Triple H finally gets his title back after defeating the transitional champion, Randy Orton*

*John Cena will continue to carry the title for another long reign. They will strongly consider putting the title on Orton at WM but decide against it*

*A wrestler will be arrested for attacking a female fan at a club the night before WrestleMania. This wrestler’s name is Randy Orton. Who is booked for the main event the next night*

*Monty Brown debuts with a great response and is considered a big deal. Gets a push against Johnny Nitro for the IC title. Brown gets tired of the road and gets in the dog house by late summer. He quits in November to pursue his personal training career and calls it quits for wrestling*

*The Hart Foundation 2.0 will debut after WM with a series of matches with WGTT to put them over. Harry Smith breaks out by the end of the year and they do the Smith/Michaels match at Survivor Series. Harry Smith is the WWE champion by December*

*Paul London and Kendrick will split up in early 2007 for a brief feud over the CW title but by mid-summer will be reunited and pushed again as a tag team. Jamie Knoble and Jimmy Yang will be paired together as a permanent tag team*

*Rob Van Dam, finally leaves WWE after being buried on his way. He instantly arrives to TNA to make very little waves on the national level. Works Japan and ROH but loses his interest in wrestling and focuses more on personal businesses*

*Sabu after inducting The Sheik into the HOF, will be booked at WM23 for MITB match to take insane risky bumps. He will be fired the next day*

*JBL finally steps over the line and WWE is forced to fire him for comments he made. He is re-hired 3 months later after the heat dies*

*Kenny Doane continues to channel Owen Hart and Louie Spicoli throughout the year with different stars*

*Jeff Hardy will be found dead in his hotel room from an apparent suicide. Matt Hardy is given a main event run against Edge*

*Ric Flair makes a serious push for a world title reign. He gets his wish and is given a brief ECW title reign*

*ECW maintains at the 1.5ratings level. CM Punk becomes the runaway #1 face but is turned heel for no reason. The ECW Title fatal four way match between Punk/Lashley/Test/RVD at WM will be the second match of the 11 match card and runs in 8 minutes*

*After his main event periodruns out, Umaga is dejected back to the mid-card and is forgotten by late summer*

*Chris Benoit has 4 separate US title reigns but never sniffs the main event*

*Smackdown’s ratings continue to increase as Vince continues to ignore Smackdown*

*A non-wrestler will release a sex tape featuring 2 WWE Divas*

*Austin makes his return at WM23 to cut a promo. He has a confrontation with either Ken Doane or Matt Striker. Stuns him and spends 10 minutes drinking beers to a rabid crowd. Austin will be the guest referee for the Backlash ppv which occurs around the release of his movie. He disappears before he loses his heat*

*Mick Foley makes an unexpected return in the summer for a quick angle with Vince McMahon to set up a match 5 years late*

*WWE will continue to make money despite a floundering product. John Cena’s popularity will be higher then Shawn and Bret but significantly lower then Hogan/Austin/Rock*

*Claudio Castagnoli will be a surprise success for Smackdown and will feud with King Booker and Ken Kennedy*

Umaga will be defeated

The Worlds Greatest Tag Team, The Hardyz, And MNM will have a TLC match thats considered Match Of The Year at Wrestlemania.

Ron Killings will sign and join Cryme Tyme.

Kenny will win the I.C. Title and feud with Carlito.

Victoria & Mickie James will have the most entertaining fued of the year, and some of the best matches.

Eugene will attack a fan(plant)

Daniel Puder will return to the WWE to prevent the Angle vs Puder shoot fight from happening.

Some more former and current WWE employees will die by unnatural means and everybody will look the other way when WWE exploits every single death on tv.

I was wondering where WM 24 will be held since the trend would have it being held in Atlantic City and I cant see them doing that.

- The Masterlock will be broken by Monty Brown.

- WWE will become the next playground for B list celebrities to get their fame back a la lame ass VH1 Reality Shows after the Kevin Federline deal gets WWE massive ratings for the 1/1 RAW.

- ECW is canceled but Sci Fi still wants a show in its place so Kane gets a See No Evil TV Series (how that would work I have no idea). The Military Channel contacts Vince about a "The Marine: The TV Series" but it doesn't happen.

- JBL will replace JR on RAW, Tazz comes back to Smackdown and Joey Styles goes back to infomercials.

- Cryme Tyme will put out a rap CD

- Charlie Haas misses a couple weeks with serious Charley Horse.

- Bobby Lashley and Ashley Massaro will become a couple..

- Little Bastard will bring in his brother, Big Bastard (imagine Fat Bastard only maybe not as fat) and they'll win the SD Tag Titles.

- Cyber Sunday will become Halloween Havoc.

- The Condemned will be the #1 movie in America the weekend (april 27th) it opens (if you've seen the other movies releasing that weekend, you'll believe this too) .

- Hogan will wrestle at WM so he can claim he wrestled in front of 800,000* screaming* hulkamaniacs* in the main event* as he bodyslams* the spirit of Andre the Giant* (* replaces with 80,000 bored/annoyed fans curtain jerking barely lifts up Great Khali)

- Eugene will still be wearing the green paint stained jacket this time next year.

- HHH and Stephanie will stop inviting Jerry Lawler over to their house.

- WWE will sponsor a NASCAR Team and put Wrestlers and PPV Logos on the car. Dick Trickle will not be the driver unfortunately for Vince.

- CM Punk will have to have laser surgery to remove the Pepsi logo tattoo only to be let go after he gets it done.

- All the Divas on Smackdown will be moved to RAW and all the Crusiery type guys (??) on RAW will move to SD!

- Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WM is turned into Money in the Bank TLC Match with Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Edge, Johnny Nitro, Kennedy and Chris Benoit.