TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Niggardly King

Man, Remember That Bomb Ass Time On RAW

That shit fucking ruled. It lead to some fun shit, like the Alliance Against Evolution gettting to run RAW for like a month, and Orton totally fucked up his promo when he was GM for the week, shit was great. Who was the leader of that shit? I just remember the main two were always Chris Jericho and Chris Be Perry Saturn.

Man, do I miss Maven... he ruled at that time, better than Orton on the mic, just as good as Jericho in the ring, stiffing Snitsky, then getting his brain smashed in with a wicked chairshot by Snitsky, but it wasn't his fault.

I miss that RAW, guys.

I didn't like Maven. He didn't bring anything to the ring.

Funny side note. I went to Hunter College in NY, and during the Smackdown the Vote time WWE had wrestlers go to various schools. The Hurricane and Maven came to my school. I was talking to Hurricane about various stuff. Really nice, down to Earth guy. Maven, on the other hand had no one around him. I felt kind of bad, everyone wanted to see Shane. I found a piece of paper and asked for his autograph. It was kind of funny to see him there while there had to be at least 100 students there for Shane.

This is the best thread title in WWE folder history.

Funny side note. I went to Hunter College in NY, and during the Smackdown the Vote time WWE had wrestlers go to various schools. The Hurricane and Maven came to my school. I was talking to Hurricane about various stuff. Really nice, down to Earth guy. Maven, on the other hand had no one around him. I felt kind of bad, everyone wanted to see Shane. I found a piece of paper and asked for his autograph. It was kind of funny to see him there while there had to be at least 100 students there for Shane.

I had Maven and Hurricane come out to Kent State when I went there. They were going to have "highlights" on Raw, but the turn out for the event was piss poor and they didn't show it. Hurricane pretty much just signed autographs, Maven was pretty outgoing and talked to me about the Cubs as I was wearing a Cubs hat.

That Maven push just came out of nowhere didn't it?

I never quite understood why they didn't just stick Regal in with the Orton, Jericho, Benoit alliance instead of Maven but maybe the thinking was the former didn't need it.

What was the non-kayfabe explanation as to why Snitsky teamed with HHH, Batista, and Edge at Survivor Series instead of Flair?

That Maven push just came out of nowhere didn't it?

I never quite understood why they didn't just stick Regal in with the Orton, Jericho, Benoit Saturn alliance instead of Maven but maybe they thought the former didn't need it.

Was there ever a non kayfabe explanation as to why Snitsky teamed with HHH, Batista, and Edge at Survivor Series instead of Flair?

Had to fix that for you, and man Regals heart probably would have exploded at that time.

I m just sad everyone is denying the greatness that was is and forever will be Maven Klint Huffman

I'll admit... I did markout when Maven eliminated Taker from RR02.

One of the greatest eliminations ever. EVER!

I loved how every time Maven wrestled, JR and King's memory of the 2002 Royal Rumble would slowly fade . . .

Correct me if I'm wrong King, but I seem to remember a few years ago that Maven eliminated the Undertaker from a battle royal.

It may have been from a tournament JR.

They pushed Maven because they were doing the Tough Enough shit on Smackdown at the time and wanted to remind everyone that Tough Enough really does matter.

Gloating over the thousand injuries of fortune. For the love of God, Montressor!

sorry, just wanted to see if anyone in this folder would get that

KOAB, did you see Maven's stint on The Surreal Life? If so, what are you thoughts.

He's easily the most obscure "celebrity" I've seen one of those "celebrity" based VH1 reality shows.

About as much as I expected... the cute man candy for the chicks, and he played his part of, "I don't know what to do with my life... this is so disappointing." perfectly with a touch of subtle bitter, yet trying to have fun drunk in him. I don't know if this was good editing or him doing this... maybe a little bit of both.

The only thing I didn't like was Tranny Arquette on the show.

I was actually thinking about that the other day while stoned off some "Grape candy" medical marijuana. Medical marijuana and Maven apparently go together.

I know Maven's team with Orton, Benoit, and Jericho won control of Raw, and then 2 months later at new Year's Revolution, Maven was a heel and jobbing in 5 seconds to Shelton Benjamin.

Matt Young- Often relives old wrestling angles and also does fantasy booking while high.

hey, what was it that Maven said during his week to control Raw where he was talking about initials and said RKO and every one was pretty much like "huh?" I can't remember exactly what he said. I just remember it being sort of bizarre.

He had some dope ass music. Shit like, "I can clear the forest... I can feel the warming breeze!"

You know how he cleared the forest, with that swank dropkick of his.

Ah yes, the mighty Mavekick

hey, what was it that Maven said during his week to control Raw where he was talking about initials and said RKO and every one was pretty much like "huh?" I can't remember exactly what he said. I just remember it being sort of bizarre.

I looked over a recap and didn't see anything like that. But I forgot to mention that I attended a Raw taping 2 weeks before Survivor Series where Maven, Chris Jericho, and Randy Orton beat Triple H, Batista, and Ric Flair.

It's funny how maven was jobbing on Heat for months, and then he goes from doing that one week to beating Batista on Raw the next, and got the 1-2 month push.

He had some dope ass music. Shit like, "I can clear the forest... I can feel the warming breeze!"

You know how he cleared the forest, with that swank dropkick of his.

Who will register the name "Maven's Theme Music"?

I can see my fantasy I'm so consumed in bed

What I see takes over me I'm blind beyond repair

It takes a hold of me so tight a breed that does not give

And when she's done she throws me out like junk left in a shelf

Yeah

I wanna have the right

I wanna feel the night

Around the stars

Wanna take a flight

Get back on my sights

Around the stars

I can see all my words I can feel the warming breeze

I can see through forests I can hear her breathe

Walking for a thousand miles I can see the road

and at the end i find I'm with her sharing eachs soul

Yeah

I wanna have the right

I wanna feel the night

Around the stars

Wanna take a flight

Get back on my sights

All round the stars

Walking a solo ride

trying to reunite

God I'm so mixed up

I will find you

I wanna have the right

I wanna feel the night

Around the stars

Wanna take a flight

Get back on my sight

Around the stars

Yeah

I want to have the right

God I want to feel the night

Around the stars

I want to have the right

I want to feel the night

Around the stars

Maven's heel run after this ruled even more. He just became this epic arrogant southern prick who worked the back and got over due to the Lunblower/Backcracker as his finisher.

I don't know about "got over", but I liked him a lot as a heel. He just never won any matches, then ended up teaming with Simon Dean before they were split up in the draft and Maven was released.

He was over for his posistion. I don't mean he was like upper card over, just became a really solid lower card heel, and the Backcracker at the time made people notice him as nobody ever expected shit like that from Mav

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0

NO! Just One Name! MAVEN!!

And his dropkicks are still mutating Raw years later.