Colts

NFC:

Giants

Packers

Panthers

Cardinals

Bucs

Cowboys

What would be more hilarious is an undefeated Titans team losing before the super bowl.

AFC:

Titans

Steelers

Jets

Broncos

Ravens

Colts

NFC:

Giants

Bucs

Cardinals

Packers

Panthers

Redskins

AFC: Colts over Broncos, Ravens over Jets, Steelers over Colts, Titans over Ravens, Titans over Steelers

NFC: Redskins over Packers, Cardinals over Panthers, Cardinals over Bucs, Giants over Redskins, Cardinals over Giants

Super Bowl: Titans over Cardinals (long shot, I KNOW)

I think people are wildly overestimating the Cardinals. They can look dominant at times because they play in the worst division in the NFC (and maybe the league), but they're really not that good. Want to know the key to beating Arizona? Put pressure on Kurt Warner. We've seen time and time again that he'll fold like a cheap tent when guys are consistently in his face. Make any contact with him and he'll drop the ball as a sort of defense mechanism. That takes their All-World receivers out of the game, and their running backs and defense alone aren't beating anyone.

I think people are wildly overestimating the Cardinals. They can look dominant at times because they play in the worst division in the NFC (and maybe the league), but they're really not that good. Want to know the key to beating Arizona? Put pressure on Kurt Warner. We've seen time and time again that he'll fold like a cheap tent when guys are consistently in his face. Make any contact with him and he'll drop the ball as a sort of defense mechanism. That takes their All-World receivers out of the game, and their running backs and defense alone aren't beating anyone.

I guess you make a good point here. I always believe in the Cardinals and they find a way to choke it away every year. It's a shame their running game is not better. I really like their receiving core.

Here are some playoff projections from Sports Illustrated.

Some of these are way more far-fetched than anything I've read here. Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta missing the playoffs? Come on.

You don't talk about a 2 time MVP and Super Bowl MVP award winner like that :angry:

Kurt Warner is going to tear it up in the playoffs.

Guest Vitamin X

Potentially really embarrassing game: Green Bay is 9-6 entering the final game of the season against Detroit, who is 0-15 and trying to avoid making NFL history. Green Bay needs to win the game to get into the playoffs and Detroit wins their only game of the year. Oh god no. If I thought that Minnesota choke against the Cardinals was so bad a few years ago..

Potentially really embarrassing game: Green Bay is 9-6 entering the final game of the season against Detroit, who is 0-15 and trying to avoid making NFL history. Green Bay needs to win the game to get into the playoffs and Detroit wins their only game of the year. Oh god no. If I thought that Minnesota choke against the Cardinals was so bad a few years ago..

Detroit will have won a game by then, don't worry.

So does that press conference with McNabb become his legacy? Like Chris Webber with timeouts.

I still think puking the Chunky's soup in the final minutes of the Super Bowl will overshadow this hilarious stupidity on his part.

Here are some playoff projections from Sports Illustrated.

Some of these are way more far-fetched than anything I've read here. Tampa, Carolina, and Atlanta missing the playoffs? Come on.....

The Saints will make the playoffs? Sure, there's inconsistency and inexperience in the NFC South, but, as you put it... come on. It's not ridiculous, but they've got lots of hurdles to jump to get there. On the other hand, I've got an equally bold pick.

AFC

1. Titans - They won't got 16-0, but you don't win ten straight by accident. They're for real.

2. Steelers - Ugly win Sunday, but not as ugly as the Ravens loss, and someone has to get in.

3. Dolphins - Easy schedule, and they embarrassed NE nine weeks ago.

4. Chargers - Call me crazy, but they've got two should-wins in the division to play. If they can take two of three from Indy, Atlanta, and Tampa, they're in great shape for a Week 17 showdown with Denver. I'm gonna gamble a bit - The Broncs have a -25 point differential, for cryin' out loud.

5. Colts - They're back.

6. Jets - Still a litle confusing (losses to SD and Oakland), but the second-highest scoring team. Take away their two big days offensively against Arizona and St. Louis and they're still averaging 24 a game. The win over New England twelve days ago was essentially a playoff game, and the Jets earned it.

NFC

1. Giants - Best in the league.

2. Bucs - Draw from a hat in this division. I just think the Bucs.

3. Cards - Warner for MVP?

4. Packers - See Pick #2.

5. Panthers - Almost quietly 8-2, good net points, plenty of TD's. I haven't taken too much stock in Delhomme's awful game in Oakland two weeks ago.

6. Cowboys - Draw from a hat as well between the Boys, Skins, and Falcons. If Tony Romo comes back to form and Barber is this good, then the Boys are the best of those three.

AFC

1. Tennessee Titans - I think they lose a few games this year, but still make it to the AFC Championship game.

2. New York Jets - The second best team in the conference. I think they win the division and lose in the playoffs.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers - Shouldn't have much problem wrapping up their division.

4. Denver Broncos - Just because of their division.

5. Indianapolis Colits - I think they keep their hot streak going to the AFC Championship game where they beat the Titans.

6. Miami Dolphins - These guys are playing like an entire different team than last year. I think they make a nice playoff run.

NFC

1. New York Giants - These guys are the best team in the NFC, without a doubt.

2. Arizona Cardinals - I think these guys are overrated, considering their division.

3. Carolina Panthers - Starting to play like their 2002-2003 team.

4. Green Bay Packers - I'm not impressed with them this season, but I still think they will win their division.

5.Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Not quite sold on the Bucs, but I still think they edge the Cowboys for the 5th spot.

6. Dallas Cowboys - I think after the two games with the Niners and Seahawks (Which they should win) they will have a lot of momentum and confidence going into that tough stretch of games.

I'm predicting the Giants and Colts in the Super Bowl with Eli beating Peyton. The Giants will beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game in another heart-breaking game for the Cowboys (FUCCCCCKKKKKK) and advance to the Super Bowl. As I mentioned above, The Colts will beat the Titans in a really good game.

Since the rematch is tomorrow all the talk about Hines Ward's hit on Keith Rivers has popped back up this week. Marvin Lewis, who is on the competition committee, said he's "sure there will be a rule change next year" because of it. What rule are they going to change? The one that lets receivers block? Even if that play is "dirty" I don't see any way you would word a rule that won't leave it open to ridiculous interpretations that could happen on almost every play where someone gains a few yards in the open field.

Since the rematch is tomorrow all the talk about Hines Ward's hit on Keith Rivers has popped back up this week. Marvin Lewis, who is on the competition committee, said he's "sure there will be a rule change next year" because of it. What rule are they going to change? The one that lets receivers block? Even if that play is "dirty" I don't see any way you would word a rule that won't leave it open to ridiculous interpretations that could happen on almost every play where someone gains a few yards in the open field.

Maybe you have to loudly yell, "I'M GONNA HIT YOU! HERE I COME! GET READY! I'M GONNA BLOCK YOU!"

With all the rules on what is not a legal hit, I figure the NFL is about 10 years from becoming a flag football league.

4. Chargers - Call me crazy, but they've got two should-wins in the division to play. If they can take two of three from Indy, Atlanta, and Tampa, they're in great shape for a Week 17 showdown with Denver. I'm gonna gamble a bit - The Broncs have a -25 point differential, for cryin' out loud.

You're crazy. The Broncos have those same two should-wins, both at home. The Chargers pretty much have to go 4-1 to even make the Broncos game meaningful, and that's not happening. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose in KC, tbh.

Yeah up until that Steelers game I stayed with the Chargers, but when Denver managed to get by Atlanta and SD coughed up another one at Pittsburgh that was basically the death knell.

If it had been Rivers using his helmet and a running start to end Ward's season with a helmet-to-jaw "block", you bet your ass he'd be fined and probably suspended.

Yeah accidents happen and a "no helmet-to-helmet blocks" rule would be tough to implement, but it's bullshit that the difference between a fine/suspension and no reprimand whatsoever for a season-ending cheap shot is merely which side of the football you play on.

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY: PACMAN JONES IS BACK!!!

He's not expected to play until December 7 at Pittsburgh, but I guess he's officially allowed to play right now. The Personal Conduct Policy works so well, I'm sure this will last this time.

Ed(d?)g(g?)er(r?)in James asked for a release from Arizona and didn't get it. He will be regretting that decision in a few months when they go to the Super Bowl!

Why would he regret it if he would still be on that team? And as evident by people like Shawn Marion, some people do prefer being a star for a shitty team than a role player for a great team.