TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest caboose

Your Five Favorite Anything

Guest mister foozel
WOW!! That last guy sure got his point across through being a complete jackass! Let's see if I can do it too!

IT IS SO GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN, YOU JUST KNOW IT FUCKS THE OTHER TRACKS ON THE CD UP THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAOWKMCARMD!!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!! LOL!!!

Wow...I sounded exactly like mister fuckhole, I mean, foozle....

Updated list:

1. Burn No Bridges-Gray Matter

2. I am the Walrus (cover)-Gray Matter

3. Every Me, Every You-Placebo

4. Born to be Wild-Steppenwolf

5. ACE OF SPADES-MOTORHEAD

the only card i need is the ace of spaiheeds, the ace of spaiheeds, i can't sing, i'm a complete jackass.

:D

you only wish you sounded like me.

Guest mesepher
"Ace of Spades"

Motorhead

i swear to god that's the GAYEST song i ever heard in my life!!!!!!

i can't believe you actually like it!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Excuse me if you've been around a while and like that kind of stuff, but still)

as for my favorites, i really can't name them because they change frequently, one of the is "when i come around: by green day. my music likes change quite frequently.

i like music that has some substance, and is at least a little bit good.

like our ace of spades loving pal here, i like some older music too, buit again it has to be good.

my opinion by my standars i guess.

lol

hmm... you're insulting Motorhead and praising Green Day?

the difference is Motorhead didn't get booed off the stage and get foreign object tossed at them in THEIR HOME TOWN when their first album broke into the mainstream....

Guest mister foozel
"Ace of Spades"

Motorhead

i swear to god that's the GAYEST song i ever heard in my life!!!!!!

i can't believe you actually like it!!!!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (Excuse me if you've been around a while and like that kind of stuff, but still)

as for my favorites, i really can't name them because they change frequently, one of the is "when i come around: by green day. my music likes change quite frequently.

i like music that has some substance, and is at least a little bit good.

like our ace of spades loving pal here, i like some older music too, buit again it has to be good.

my opinion by my standars i guess.

lol

hmm... you're insulting Motorhead and praising Green Day?

the difference is Motorhead didn't get booed off the stage and get foreign object tossed at them in THEIR HOME TOWN when their first album broke into the mainstream....

im sure motorhead has some good songs(maybe), but ace of spades isn't one of them, or at least i hope that's not their best.

Hey, and that was back when Green Day just started, ha, I can't believe you'd even say that, acting like Green Day is the first to get booed off the stage.

Green Day revolutionized punk and pretty much MADE punk rock popular.

What did Motorhead revolutionize? Crap, maybe.

But I guess that's not what the discussion is anyway.

Guest LooseCannon
Green Day revolutionized punk and pretty much MADE punk rock popular.

This is the stupidest thing I've ever read. Green Day revolutionized punk? How so? By ripping off Angent Orange, the Adolescents, the Vandals and just about every other pop-punk band from so-cal that was playing the exact same sound years before?

I'm no big fucking fan of Motorhead, but they were the first band to do what they do, and no one has been able to imitate them exactly, and they were heavily influential to both the punk and thrash genres. Green Day's nothing but a rip off of a sound, hundreds of other bands have pulled off.

Guest Incandenza

There's no denying that Green Day can be credited for bringing punk back in the mainstream, but in what fantasy world were they responsible for "revolutionizing" it? If by "revolutionize," you mean "made the world safe for even more shit like Blink 182," then yes, Green Day revolutionized punk.

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

Green Day made punk popular? Sorry, The Ramones, The Sex Pistols, and The Clash did that, albeit on a smaller scale (more of a longevity thing), long before your time. Things were different then.

Sure, Green Day brought it back into the "mainstream", but that isn't a good thing, since, with few exceptions (The Clash and Bad Religion), punk sucks. Additionally, I thought all punks were so anti-mainstream that none of them would ever congratulate a punk band for making the genre popular.

Regardless, it has been around for over 2 decades, and has always been borderline popular, primarily because of the three bands I mentioned at the beginning, along with others here and there.

Just saying.

Guest Gamengiri2002

Well this should be fun, and by fun I mean difficult.

I'll split this into two categories, one is my favorite track from each of my favorite five bands.

The other is my fav 5 from other artists...

Fave bands:

"One" Metallica

"In Hiding" Pearl Jam

"Would?" Alice in chains

"Outshined" Soundgarden

"About a Girl" Nirvana

Other:

"Shine On You Crazy Diamond" Pink Floyd

"Like a Hurricane" Neil Young

"Just Like a Woman" Bob Dylan

"Heartbreaker/Livin Lovin Maid" Led Zeppelin

"Cortez the Killer" Neil Young

Guest mister foozel

First off, LooseCannon:

What band doesn't ever sound like another band at times? Pearl Jam has also been ripped off a billion times if you think about it, or did they rip somebody else off?

Their is no ripping off as much is there's rehashing of old sounds. Everybody does it, and except for maybe the first bands to do their thing, somebody will always whine they're gettng ripped off.

Everbody:

For Christ's sake, Geen Day are fans of The Ramones and bands like them! Think a little bit!

I don't think any of you have actually REALLY heard Green Day if you think their sound is the same as everybody else's.

Green Day has done Ramones covers! Punk Rock is different than it used to be.

Guest Incandenza
What band doesn't ever sound like another band at times? Pearl Jam has also been ripped off a billion times if you think about it, or did they rip somebody else off?

Their is no ripping off as much is there's rehashing of old sounds. Everybody does it, and except for maybe the first bands to do their thing, somebody will always whine they're gettng ripped off.

Everbody:

For Christ's sake, Geen Day are fans of The Ramones and bands like them! Think a little bit!

I don't think any of you have actually REALLY heard Green Day if you think their sound is the same as everybody else's.

Green Day has done Ramones covers! Punk Rock is different than it used to be.

First you say "what band doesn't ever sound like another band at times," which sounds like an excuse for being derivative. THEN you follow it up with "I don't think any of you have actually REALLY heard Green Day if you think their sound is the same as everybody else's," which is stating that Green Day is in fact original, which contradicts your previous statement.

Your bringing the Ramones into this makes little sense--or at least the way you chose to express this sentiment makes little sense--nor have you actually explained why Green Day "revolutionized" punk.

Guest LooseCannon

Well Mr. Foozel -- May I call you Fooz?

I don't care to comment on Pearl Jam, because I honestly can barely remember what they sound like. Though I vaguely remember seeing a video on mtv about ten years ago that went something like "BLAH blah blah-blah... I'm still alive," but I didn't really like it.

But onto the point at hand, you, my good sir, are the one that claimed Green Day revolutionized punk. To my way of thinking, that would require innovation. You apparently differ on that point, which doesn't surprise me. Punk appears to be the only musical genre that thrives on lack of innovation, on literally hundreds of derivative bands churning out the same three chords, but with different lyrics.

Sure, just about every band has been influenced by other bands. But there is a line - and it's not a very fine line - between that and being utterly derivative.

Just for the record, I think Green Day is a fun little band, and I enjoyed slightly more than half of the songs on Dookie. I'd even go so far as to call Dookie a pretty good album. But it's not a revolutionary album. At all.

Contrary to your assertion that any body who thinks green day's sound is the same as everybody else's hasn't REALLY heard them, I think it is you who hasn't heard a lot of music other than green day.

Guest mister foozel
Well Mr. Foozel -- May I call you Fooz?

I don't care to comment on Pearl Jam, because I honestly can barely remember what they sound like. Though I vaguely remember seeing a video on mtv about ten years ago that went something like "BLAH blah blah-blah... I'm still alive," but I didn't really like it.

But onto the point at hand, you, my good sir, are the one that claimed Green Day revolutionized punk. To my way of thinking, that would require innovation. You apparently differ on that point, which doesn't surprise me. Punk appears to be the only musical genre that thrives on lack of innovation, on literally hundreds of derivative bands churning out the same three chords, but with different lyrics.

Sure, just about every band has been influenced by other bands. But there is a line - and it's not a very fine line - between that and being utterly derivative.

Just for the record, I think Green Day is a fun little band, and I enjoyed slightly more than half of the songs on Dookie. I'd even go so far as to call Dookie a pretty good album. But it's not a revolutionary album. At all.

Contrary to your assertion that any body who thinks green day's sound is the same as everybody else's hasn't REALLY heard them, I think it is you who hasn't heard a lot of music other than green day.

Sure, call me Fooz if you must.

Well, about the revolutionizing punk thing, you are dead wrong. Green Day tries to sound British, Billie Joe quote "sounds like an englishmen impersonating an american impersonating an englishmen."

Green Day is not just punk either. Yes, that was Dookie, but if that's all you've heard of them, you haven't really heard them at all. They still have songs like "Good Riddance" and "Macy's Day Parade" that aren't punk at all, and songs that many people prefer over Green Day's brand of punk rock. Hell, hear some music off of "Warning" and you'll see Green Day has much more to them. Green Day is not SKA, I for one really hate SKA, but they could be like that if they chose. Green Day can sound however they want to. That is what is innovative about them.

And on a side note, if you listen to "Land of Competition" by Bad Religion, it sounds almost like "Ace of Spades"...

My head hurts from your last post, Fooz.

Green Day tries to sound British, Billie Joe quote "sounds like an englishmen impersonating an american impersonating an englishmen."

So, since they "try to sound British", they are revolutionizing punk? Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's possibly the most vacuous and idiotic statement I have ever heard.

Green Day is not just punk either. Yes, that was Dookie, but if that's all you've heard of them, you haven't really heard them at all. They still have songs like "Good Riddance" and "Macy's Day Parade" that aren't punk at all, and songs that many people prefer over Green Day's brand of punk rock. Hell, hear some music off of "Warning" and you'll see Green Day has much more to them. Green Day is not SKA, I for one really hate SKA, but they could be like that if they chose. Green Day can sound however they want to. That is what is innovative about them.

Just one question can sum up my thoughts on that entire paragraph: How is Green Day revolutinizing PUNK by doing other subgenres of music as well? Isn't that your whole fucking pitch? So, them doing "ska" songs or whatever is revolutionizing PUNK?

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Guest mister foozel
My head hurts from your last post, Fooz.

Green Day tries to sound British, Billie Joe quote "sounds like an englishmen impersonating an american impersonating an englishmen."

So, since they "try to sound British", they are revolutionizing punk? Jesus tapdancing Christ. That's possibly the most vacuous and idiotic statement I have ever heard.

Just one question can sum up my thoughts on that entire paragraph: How is Green Day revolutinizing PUNK by doing other subgenres of music as well? Isn't that your whole fucking pitch? So, them doing "ska" songs or whatever is revolutionizing PUNK?

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Jesus tapdancing Christ,

get some aspirin.

Guest LooseCannon

Get me an aspirin too. Just wanted to clear up that I have heard stuff by Green Day other than Dookie. It's just that Dookie is their only album I somewhat like. I'll permit you an honorable retreat on the whole "revolutionizing punk" thing because I'm tiring of this conversation.

I'm gona have to go back and listen to Land of Competition, but I could give two shits on whether or not it sounds like Ace of Spades.

"Land Of Competition" rules it. Hell, Suffer as a whole rules it down to the ground.

Guest LooseCannon

Except for No Control, but I think we've already had that discussion. Hell, both albums rule anything Green Day has done.

Except for No Control, but I think we've already had that discussion. Hell, both albums rule anything Green Day has done.

Yeah, like that's such a difficult task.

Guest What?

Wait...just because Green Day does covers of Ramones songs, they revolutionized punk?

Jesus....I.....

Jesus, I am shocked and appalled....

You're an idiot Fooz...

and to your whole "You wish you sounded like me"...if I ever said Green Day revolutionized "punk" in the serious tone that you used, I would kick my own ass...

idiot

And yes, "Suffer" does rule. Since we're on the topic of punk music...has anyone picked up the new "Flogging Molly" CD?

Guest Anorak

I like both those bands a lot, Green Day got a load of undeserved stick because they were simply in the right place at the right time and became massive. I've always thought them to be an underated band actually, as far as songwriting goes they are especially undervalued. What irritates me is sheep-like critics who would never dream of praising such a successful mainstream 'punk' band. This attitude is/was taken up by 'open minded' punk rock fans who would probably have spent the last 8-9 years raving about Green Day if they would have remained a fashionably cultish band who never sold a few million records or appeared on MTV. Instead of this we have to endure people slagging them off and pimping far lesser bands (The Vandals!!??) as being superior because they have the extra fan boy 'cred' of not being successful mainstream acts.

Guest LooseCannon
I like both those bands a lot, Green Day got a load of undeserved stick because they were simply in the right place at the right time and became massive. I've always thought them to be an underated band actually, as far as songwriting goes they are especially undervalued. What irritates me is sheep-like critics who would never dream of praising such a successful mainstream 'punk' band. This attitude is/was taken up by 'open minded' punk rock fans who would probably have spent the last 8-9 years raving about Green Day if they would have remained a fashionably cultish band who never sold a few million records or appeared on MTV. Instead of this we have to endure people slagging them off and pimping far lesser bands (The Vandals!!??) as being superior because they have the extra fan boy 'cred' of not being successful mainstream acts.

I agree with this actually. They are critically underrated, yet not exactly deserving of the mainstream success that should have went to other bands. And as far as the Vandal's go, I don't think I even implicitly pimped them in my post. But they've been purveying that sound for a long ass time.

Guest mister foozel
Wait...just because Green Day does covers of Ramones songs, they revolutionized punk?

Jesus....I.....

Jesus, I am shocked and appalled....

You're an idiot Fooz...

and to your whole "You wish you sounded like me"...if I ever said Green Day revolutionized "punk" in the serious tone that you used, I would kick my own ass...

idiot

And yes, "Suffer" does rule. Since we're on the topic of punk music...has anyone picked up the new "Flogging Molly" CD?

serious tone?

this is a forum on the internet

IDIOT

Guest mister foozel

and another thing,

i am yet to hear a good reason why green day DIDN'T revolutionize punk rock

thank you

Guest LooseCannon

Are you fuckin' serious with this?

We apparently have different definitions of the word revolutionize. Either that or you just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

But I'm tired of arguing with adolescent dipshits on this board. I get absolutely no joy out of proving morons like you wrong.

So this is the last time I'm going to say this, so pay attention: To have revolutionized punk rock, Green Day would've had to have done something INNOVATIVE. They have not done anything innovative. EVER. It is not, I repeat NOT, enough for Green Day to have become popular and listened to by little bastards who still suckle at their mommy's droopy breasts like yourself. Next, you're going to tell me Christina Aquilera revolutionized looking like a cheap slut.

If you are going to respond, please try a little harder to coherently justify your position.

Guest mister foozel
So this is the last time I'm going to say this, so pay attention: To have revolutionized punk rock, Green Day would've had to have done something INNOVATIVE. They have not done anything innovative. EVER. It is not, I repeat NOT, enough for Green Day to have become popular and listened to by little bastards who still suckle at their mommy's droopy breasts like yourself. Next, you're going to tell me Christina Aquilera revolutionized looking like a cheap slut.

If you are going to respond, please try a little harder to coherently justify your position.

thats not what i said

please, please, contain yourself, don't revert to cheap insults just because you can't out argue me

to revolutionize IS NOT TO INNOVATE, even though Green Day was very innovative in their different sounding songs from the regular SKA and punk garbage at that time

Green Day brought HUGE CHANGE to the world of punk rock when they became the biggest punk band in the world and REALLY got punk noticed

thats all "revolutionizing" means

"innovating" is totally different dude

:D

Guest LooseCannon
please, please, contain yourself, don't revert to cheap insults just because you can't out argue me

I don't revert to cheap insults because I can't out argue you. I revert to cheap insults, because I'm a dick, and cheap insults make me larf. If you had the sack, you'd lob cheap insults indiscriminately as well.

to revolutionize IS NOT TO INNOVATE, even though Green Day was very innovative in their different sounding songs from the regular SKA and punk garbage at that time

Green day songs were *not* different sounding than what you call the "regular ska and punk garbage" at that time. Blah Blah Blah. I'm not going over that again.

Green Day brought HUGE CHANGE to the world of punk rock when they became the biggest punk band in the world and REALLY got punk noticed

No they didn't. I don't know why you think they did, but they really didn't. The "world of punk" didn't change one iota as a result of Green Day getting huge. The Offspring, and Rancid's success made Brett Gurewitz a millionaire, and allowed Epitaph record's to increase the number of bands they signed, increase promotion, and allow their bands to tour in a little more luxury. I can't think of what Green Day really did. They were played on the radio and maybe made punk more accessible to the mainstream? That I'll give you. But saying Green Day brought huge Change to the world of punk rock is nothing more than a conclusory statement and some nice sounding rhetoric, but it's not true. Maybe it was revolutionary to you and your mall-going buddies, I dunno.

Revolutionizing means you became the biggest punk band in the world and really got punk noticed huh?

I'm sure Sum 41 and Blink 182 will be thrilled to hear that. You do realize that Blink 182 is now the biggest punk band in the world right? And they're the ones really getting punk noticed now. It's all good though, you really don't know any better.

Guest mister foozel

I don't revert to cheap insults because I can't out argue you. I revert to cheap insults, because I'm a dick, and cheap insults make me larf. If you had the sack, you'd lob cheap insults indiscriminately as well.

Green day songs were *not* different sounding than what you call the "regular ska and punk garbage" at that time. Blah Blah Blah. I'm not going over that again.

No they didn't. I don't know why you think they did, but they really didn't. The "world of punk" didn't change one iota as a result of Green Day getting huge. The Offspring, and Rancid's success made Brett Gurewitz a millionaire, and allowed Epitaph record's to increase the number of bands they signed, increase promotion, and allow their bands to tour in a little more luxury. I can't think of what Green Day really did. They were played on the radio and maybe made punk more accessible to the mainstream? That I'll give you. But saying Green Day brought huge Change to the world of punk rock is nothing more than a conclusory statement and some nice sounding rhetoric, but it's not true. Maybe it was revolutionary to you and your mall-going buddies, I dunno.

Revolutionizing means you became the biggest punk band in the world and really got punk noticed huh?

I'm sure Sum 41 and Blink 182 will be thrilled to hear that. You do realize that Blink 182 is now the biggest punk band in the world right? And they're the ones really getting punk noticed now. It's all good though, you really don't know any better.

mall going buddies? what the hell is that supposed to mean?

yeah blink 182 is one of the biggest, no shit

god i said green day WAS the biggest in the world, did you miss that?

you're REALLY trying to piss me off i can tell, with a little cheap insult here and there, saying i don't know any better

and what the fuck does this have to do with the offspring and rancid???? where did that come from?

do i have to say for the twentieth time how green day's music brought a huge change to the worl of punk rock and music in general? how the fuck do you think blink 182 and sum 41 came to get so popular? by bands like green day pavng the way for them and getting that type of sound out there so people would buy the albums

and smartass, all the time you have spent trying to argue against me was wasted because what you have been saying doesn't mean dick, you think the only opinion that's right is yours

all the facts you state CAN'T be backed up, because you make them up on a matter of your opinion alone

don't give me any more bullshit, i've had just about as much as i can take with you bud

sorry man, your efforts have failed, i'm done with this topic

:angry: B) :ph34r:

Guest mister foozel

and also,

i was just looking around on the internet, and saw that most people don't even consider green day punk any more, so maybe they aren't

maybe i'm arguing about the wrong thing here

green day doesn't have the same style, theirs is one of their own

they play their own brand of rock, and thats pretty revolutionary by itself,

but i'm not getting into THAT again

just another band, just another sound, and i'll leave it at that if it makes everyone happy

Guest LooseCannon

The Rancid and Offspring comment came from the fact that their success impacted punk rock in a tangible if unmeaningful way. Green Day's success didn't really. Green Day became big, but it didn't change what punk bands did. The punk scene pretty much stayed the same, with Green Day being among a few bands temporarily outcast. The same bands continued to play the same sound.

You're right that Green Day doesn't really play punk any more. They went in a more straight forward direction. I don't want to argue about the import of that because I'm tired of messing up this thread with you, and you probably are as well.

Nevertheless my point about Blink is: you said Green Day became the biggest punk band in the world and really got punk noticed. Now, Blink is doing that. Would you call Blink revolutionary. I wouldn't.

What it boils down to is this, Green Day was in the right place at the right time, and became a mainstream fad. Doesn't make them revolutionary, bud.

You can make your lecture about opinions (And you certainly took the high road with your comments about "Ace of Spades"), but some opinions are deserving of ridicule. Yours is one of them. Talk to any punk or read any music review that wasn't written to sell albums. Your opinion is a joke to a lot of people. I'm not going to pretend otherwise. But don't take it personally there pal. You seem like an alright guy. And unlike a lot of other people, I actually admire your stubborn persistence. If you care to respond, you can have the last word. But I'm going to try and let this thread get back to its original post-whoring purpose. Just one last question, though.

don't give me any more bullshit, i've had just about as much as i can take with you bud

What the hell was that? A threat or a poem?