TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Judas14

Comic Rant ideas

Guest Judas14

I'm going to list some comic rant topics that I'm thinking about ranting on in a future edition of "Worst Rant Ever", my column at gwpwrestling.com. Please help me pick a topic out of the following:

1.) Dark Knight Strikes Back

2.) Grant Morrison's New X-Men run

3.) The upcoming Amazing Spiderman movie

4.) The upcoming Youngblood relaunch with Mark Millar (of Ultimate X-Men and Authority fame) as writer

5.) The new GI Joe series by Image

Guest starvenger

"1.) Dark Knight Strikes Back

2.) Grant Morrison's New X-Men run

3.) The upcoming Amazing Spiderman movie

4.) The upcoming Youngblood relaunch with Mark Millar (of Ultimate X-Men and Authority fame) as writer

5.) The new GI Joe series by Image "

I'd say Youngblood, but it's rather cruel to subject anyone to Liefeld's artwork (I'm still amazed at the fact that his "proteges" (Fraga, Yaep, et al) didn't end up total fuckups), so I'll go with GI Joe, although then you're subjected to Jeff Campbell covers.

(shrugs) eh, well, you threw out the comic list, not me.

Starvenger

Guest areacode212

I say go with the Spider-Man movie, just because it's the one with the widest interest.

Guest Sassquatch

Well, the 4 gods of the comic book forum are all here.

I must agree with 212 and say the Spidey movie.

Everything else would probably go over a lot of the readers heads and confusion would ensue.

All of the other choices, I could give a shit about.  Most of us here have all heard the opinions on the other subjects before from various posters (myself included) and it would be silly to repeat what has already been said.

Go with something new like the Spidey movie.

Guest Sassquatch

Actually, if you wanted to, you could also talk about Levitz taking over as the new DC president with some background on both Kahn and Levitz.

Guest gthureson

Honestly...none of those topics would entice a read out of me.

I'd check out some dirt on the Spidey movie eventually though, so thats what I'd cast my vote for.

I couldn't care less about X-men anymore.   Never bought an Image comic, so a Youngblood relaunch wouldn't grab my interest.

DKSB --- I've read enough opinions on it and flipped through it on the stand enough to decide that in my universe, the Dark Knight saga ends with Bruce training proteges in a cave underneath a ruined mansion.

Guest starvenger

>Well, the 4 gods of the comic book forum are all here.

Well, you guys are the "Big 3", the Zeus, Poseiden and Hades, if you will, of the board.  I'm more like Apollo or Ares (RIP the other Kevin Smith) or Hermes.

Another suggestion - book authors and scriptwriters writing comics and vice versa.  You've got lots of material there: Greg Rucka, Mike Stackpole, JMS, Neil Gaiman, Peter David et al.  Would probably be interesting.