TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheSmarkzone

Enough is enough!

Guest TheSmarkzone

If you wanna hate the big men (i.e. Test), fine. That's your right. If you wanna say that they have bad matches, fine. That's your opinion. But for God's sake, stop being so f'n ignorant and comparing them to wrestlers like Brad Armstrong or Kurt Angle.

I know I've said this before, but I'm going to say it again anyway: there is no one style of professional wrestling, and there is no "right" or "wrong" style of professional wrestling. You have your technical wrestlers, you have your high-flying cruiserweights, you have your brawlers, and you have your big men who rely on high-impact, power maneuvers.

A lot of you write big men off because they aren't "workers". Well, not everybody can be a "worker". It's absolutely ridiculous to criticize guys like Test or Undertaker or Kane or even Mike Awesome because they can't do some of the things in the ring that a smaller wrestler can.

(For the record, Test has a high workrate. Do you see any wasted motion in his matches? I sure as hell don't. He's intense from bell to bell.)

Do you see anybody criticizing the smaller wrestlers because they can't do some of the stuff that the big men can do? No. Never. Sure, Test "sucks" because he can't mat wrestle like Brad Armstrong. But does Brad "suck" because he can't pumphandle powerslam his opponents? Nope.

Being able to perform high-impact, power maneuvers is a gift...just like being able to perform a perfect moonsault or a textbook German suplex.

I have given up on Anglesault because he only respects the "workers". He doesn't respect the high-flying cruiserweights and he doesn't respect the powerful big men. He only likes medium-sized guys who can work. That's fine, just don't expect anybody to take your closed-minded opinions seriously.

Guest alfdogg

That's two flame bait threads by this guy now.

Just thought I'd inform the mods of that.

Guest Trivia247

Test does some Intriguing stuff for someone 6'7 Big Elbow, Full Nelson Slam Pumphandle Powerslams, Now Roll of the Dice. Test just is out in limbo. He probably gonna benifit from being with Storm and Christian in this new angle.

TheSmarkzone got a point about rampant Hate and Sucks that go towards Test.

If asked What can Test do to be better for those.

The answer usually is either quit or be fired. that isn't improvement. Maybe describing what is completely Wrong with him to start with.

Guest MrRant

Test just isn't this month's bandwagon to jump on. If he has one spectacular match you will see plenty of people get on for the ride.

See HHH before and after the injury.

Guest RickyChosyu

A lot of you write big men off because they aren't "workers". Well, not everybody can be a "worker". It's absolutely ridiculous to criticize guys like Test or Undertaker or Kane or even Mike Awesome because they can't do some of the things in the ring that a smaller wrestler can.

You need to take into consideration that just because they're allowed to work a diferent style doesn't make up for bad wrestling. I don't mean that in "he didn't wrestle like Angle" I mean it just isn't good wrestling. It's not compelling, it's interesting-just bad. You can't make excuses by saying "that's just they're style" and incidently ignore tons of over-pushed slugs who the WWE routinely shove down the fan's throats year after year.

(For the record, Test has a high workrate. Do you see any wasted motion in his matches? I sure as hell don't. He's intense from bell to bell.)

1) you mistake high work-rate with effort. High work-rate, to me, means something engaging is always happening, not just something.

2) He's not always high on the effort, either. He shows tiny spots of being decent, but he dogs it more often than not. Like many wrestles, he needs to have something compelling to sink his teeth into before he steps it up, but that doesn't account for the fact that he's down-right terrible most of the time. Bad is bad, at the end of the day.

Do you see anybody criticizing the smaller wrestlers because they can't do some of the stuff that the big men can do? No. Never. Sure, Test "sucks" because he can't mat wrestle like Brad Armstrong. But does Brad "suck" because he can't pumphandle powerslam his opponents?

Actually, I've never seen either extreme, but that's a moot point. The ability to pull off power moves and the ability to utalize them to put on a good match are two diferent things. Now, I've seen small guys critasized for not utalizing their offense to have good matches, and I've seen the same said for big men. The thing is, more often than not, the big men are the most likely to get pushed when not fundementally-sound enough to deserve, and are thus, more suseptable to critisism. It's not our fault most of the bad wrestlers getting pushed these days happen to be big men.

And frankly, Anglesault will like what he wants and that's as far as that needs to go. No matter how ill-founded a person's opinions may be, if that person is not willing to accept anything else, you're better off just leaving it alone.

Guest alfdogg

Dear Mr. Rant:

God damn, for the last time...

SOME PEOPLE (ME) NEVER FUCKING LIKED HHH!!! WE ARE NOT ALL FUCKING BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!! JUST BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH YOUR GODDAMN OPINIONS DOES NOT MAKE US SHEEP!!! IF HHH JOBS TO EVERYONE IN THE COMPANY IN ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL HATE HIM!!! TRUST ME!!! I HAVE NEVER LIKED TEST EITHER!!! IF HE HAS ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL NOT LIKE HIM, YOU STUPID STEREOTYPICAL WASTE OF SPACE!!!

Rant over.

Guest MrRant

I wasn't directing it at anyone in particular alf. I agree with you. I never liked Test either. Cool down.

Guest RickyChosyu
Test just isn't this month's bandwagon to jump on. If he has one spectacular match you will see plenty of people get on for the ride.

See HHH before and after the injury.

HHH's matches before the injury were good. After, not so good. Simple, right?

If Test puts on a good match, I'll be less likely to change the channel the next time he goes on. The Test/Edge matches from last year, for example, had me tollerating him for the most part, and even enjoying him at times. This year, obviously, has been diferent, and see no reason to give him praise. If you want to call that some form of bandwaggon, then I should wonder what basis you use to determine who you like. Enjoying wrestlers who have good matches really isn't the strangest concept in the world, if you ask me.

Guest MrRant

See point above. I personally don't like Test just in general. I enjoy high quality matches as well. Not EVERYONE is a bandwaggon jumper. Some are and some aren't. I'm not directing that at people who stick to their guns no matter what like Alf. Now... Test may win us all over in the future.. I am talking about people that will love a wrestler after one great match or piss all over him after one bad one.

Guest RickyChosyu
Dear Mr. Rant:

SOME PEOPLE (ME) NEVER FUCKING LIKED HHH!!! WE ARE NOT ALL FUCKING BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!! JUST BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH YOUR GODDAMN OPINIONS DOES NOT MAKE US SHEEP!!! IF HHH JOBS TO EVERYONE IN THE COMPANY IN ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL HATE HIM!!! TRUST ME!!! I HAVE NEVER LIKED TEST EITHER!!! IF HE HAS ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL NOT LIKE HIM, YOU STUPID STEREOTYPICAL WASTE OF SPACE!!!

Rant over.

Way to play to the lowest-common denominator, guy. And since when is changing your opinion of someone because they stop entertaining you the act of a sheep?

"Wow, I stopped enjoying Test as a wrestler when his matches started to get really bad-why can't I think for myself for once?"

Guest Trivia247

Just waits for Haku Mania to Get its Grassroots Movement and Soon there won't be a Wrestling Arena without a Mob of guys with big Samoan Afro Puffs Mumbling to themselves BWAHAHAHA

Just changing the subject LOL

Guest evenflowDDT

Now, I'm not saying big men can't put on a good match, but can you think of any other job in the world where someone can not "work" and keep the position? There have been good matches with big men, but many of them are just lazy because they know they can get over based on their size and "look", and nothing else (see Nash, Kevin). Plus, even though it's a different "style", the majority of big man matches are boring because of a lack of "work" that makes them not even matches so much as a couple power moves and a ton of brawling. If I want to see a brawl, I'll go stand outside the bar down the road. If I want a wrestling match, I'll hopefully see one on wrestling TV.

Guest RickyChosyu
Just waits for Haku Mania to Get its Grassroots Movement and Soon there won't be a Wrestling Arena without a Mob of guys with big Samoan Afro Puffs Mumbling to themselves BWAHAHAHA

Just changing the subject LOL

Believe it or not I used to mark for that guy. There's just something unspeakably-cool about a guy who can take incredibly-stiff chair-shots on acount of the thickness of FRO~! Great stuff.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Dear Mr. Rant:

Rant over.

A - FUCKING - MEN, about DAMN time someone said that

I'm sorry God, we're still cool...right?

This has been the Taker Mark

Guest dreamer420

that's bullshit dude. don't try to get someone banned just for speaking his mind, let alone the truth.

Guest TheSmarkzone

Just one, rather obvious question...why is there a big poster in your sig that declares people who argue on the Internet are retarded?

Guest RickyChosyu
Dear Mr. Rant:

SOME PEOPLE (ME) NEVER FUCKING LIKED HHH!!!  WE ARE NOT ALL FUCKING BANDWAGON JUMPERS!!!  JUST BECAUSE WE DISAGREE WITH YOUR GODDAMN OPINIONS DOES NOT MAKE US SHEEP!!!  IF HHH JOBS TO EVERYONE IN THE COMPANY IN ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL HATE HIM!!!  TRUST ME!!!  I HAVE NEVER LIKED TEST EITHER!!!  IF HE HAS ***** MATCHES, I WILL STILL NOT LIKE HIM, YOU STUPID STEREOTYPICAL WASTE OF SPACE!!!

Rant over.

A - FUCKING - MEN, about DAMN time someone said that

I'm sorry God, we're still cool...right?

This has been the Taker Mark™

Oh, great, now he's being encouraged. Take this shit to NHB, where you can yell at people to your heart's conent and they might actually be interested in this tripe.

Guest RickyChosyu
And its time for a change...

How did I know THAT was coming?

And to Smarkszone, I think looking at this thread answers the question as clearly as it's going to get, so leave it at that.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

when the title of the thread includes "enough is enough"..its pretty obvious.

Its time for a change. No more hate! Hate is bad!

Guest RickyChosyu

How about loathing? Is emnity alright? Explain yourself, man.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

flames everyone in thread just to push it far enough over the edge for me to move with a clear conscience.

Guest evenflowDDT

I dunno... whenever I hear "enough is enough!" I think of JR in a match where the face is taking a serious beating. And faces getting beaten, my friend, is good...

Guest MrRant
flames everyone in thread just to push it far enough over the edge for me to move with a clear conscience.

That was great... seriously.

Guest alfdogg

Wow...so I get flamed for expressing my opinion, but this guy gets worshipped.

Only on the Smarksboard.

Guest alfdogg

that's bullshit dude. don't try to get someone banned just for speaking his mind, let alone the truth.

Um...try READING MY POST. I don't care if he expresses his opinion. But it CAN be done without flame baiting. That was the point I was trying to get across.

It's not like the mods listen to me anyway.

Guest MrRant
Wow...so I get flamed for expressing my opinion, but this guy gets worshipped.

Only on the Smarksboard.

I never flamed you. I enjoy most of your posts.