TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest claydude14

"Before they were Smarks"

Guest claydude14

I wish just thinking back to some of my days as a mark. Here's some highlights:

-I actually called the local country music station and requested "With My Baby Tonight" by Jeff Jarrett.

-I never knew Vince was the owner, thought he was just a funny announcer (always with the 1-2-3 he wins! new champion. [2 seconds later] oh, no, he kicked out!)

-Thought Ahmed Johnson was an unstoppable force and my dream match was him vs. HBK with Ahmed getting the win.

-Almost refused to go on the 6th grade trip to Toronto because I truely hated Canada due to the Hart Foundation. Ended up going but wasted all my film on taking pictures of Canadien bums and garbage, to have proof that Canada was a dirty place.

-Having no knowledge of WCW or ECW, i didn't know of 2 Cold Scorpio. But I loved Flash Funk.

Guest Some Guy

This should be in General Wrestling I think.

But my undying love for Hulkamania is a little embarrassing now. Getting into heated arguments with my friends over who would win between he and Warrior and what not.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

At 5 years old in 1990 after Hulk Hogan would win a match, I took my shirt off and did the poses with him.

There, I admitted it. <_<

Guest claydude14

if its possible to move topics, any of u mods can feel free to.

Guest Jerome Drake

I was a Ahmed Johnson mark, and still am!

YOU GONN DUN!

YOU GONN DUN!

YOU GONN DUN!

And i would chant along with him.

Than I would go to school and say it to all the kids, and theyd get pissed off at me and tell me to shut up. I also use to Pearl River Plunge my stuff animals, and pretend I'm Ahmed Johnson, and hold up a fake I.C. title i made out of paper!

Guest Some Guy

As part of my love for Hulkamania I would go rent tapes as a young kid in the late 80s and cut the bottom of the plastic bags, strecth the handles and out it on like a shirt and rip it off just like the Hulkster, brother. It's embarrassing now but I thought and still think it was creative.

Guest Austin3164life

When the Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase used to come out swaggering like a pimp, I would grab my old monopoly money and laugh just like he does that evil laugh. I would also chime in with him when he said "Everybody's got a price to pay, for the Million Dollar Man.....!" :rolleyes:

Guest Human Fly

I would rip up socks and sweat pants and tie them around my arms like the Ultimate Warrior strings.

Guest Some Guy
I would rip up socks and sweat pants and tie them around my arms like the Ultimate Warrior strings.

Why didn't you use shoe laces like I did? My parents would have killed me for ripping up clothes like that.

Guest bob_barron

I used to cry watching wrestling like when Bulldog lost to HBK

Guest Incandenza

Until a couple of days ago, I was quite fond of drinking bottled water and spraying it all over the place, just like Triple H. This would usually upset my mother, as I often chose to do it at the dinner table. Also, I would put copius amounts of green food coloring in mouth, and, like Tajiri, spray "mist" in the face of some unwilling victim, which would usually be my sister.

Becoming a smark two days ago ruined all my fun. Damn internet.

Guest Human Fly
Why didn't you use shoe laces like I did? My parents would have killed me for ripping up clothes like that.

They had to be old ones that were getting thrown out anyway. I would always get excited when I would wear a hole in some article of clothing, because then I knew it was Warrior time!

Guest TheHulkster

When I was a wee lad, my mom bought me a tearaway Hulkamania shirt. I wore it to school and my friends dared me to tear it. Against better judgement, I ripped that sumbitch in a manner that would bring a tear to the Hulkster's eye. Needless to say, my mom beat my ass. I used to put that colored glue on sunglasses to try and make them look like Savage's shades as well.

Guest DrTom

I was a Hogan mark back in 1985-1987, when I went to all the WWF shows that came to our area. Having said that, even knowing what I know today, it was still pretty damn cool to see him come out to "Real American" on the most recent Smackdown. I got a lot of 80's flashbacks from that one.

(Moving to General Wrestling)

Guest Some Guy

I got the same feeling and had it at WM 18.

I used to go around the house doing the Rick Rude hip swilveling thing and when my mother would ask what I wanted for dinner I would say, "what I'd like to have right now is steak."

I had problems as a kid.

Guest papacita

The most embarrassing thing I can think of is me and my friend walking through the streets of West Philadelphia doing the Double J strut. And we did this for a couple of blocks too. We shoulda got our asses beat for that.

And then there's the fact that I actually had (have) a crush on Chyna. That's as markish as you can get right there.

Guest bob_barron

I always do the Double J strut!!

At MSg hearing the crowd just explode for the Voodo Chili made me really respect and appriecate Hogan

Guest ShamRock

- Me and my friend called Rock the best wrestler ever during his feud with Triple H in 2000.

- Me thinking Undertaker killed Owen Hart.

- Thinking Bret Hart sucked and being happy that Goldberg ended his career.

- Crying when Mick Foley almost signed the contract to resign as the Commish and Stone Cold making the save.

But that all changed when I joined the Smarks board.I saw the light.Thank you my fellow smarks,thank you! :D

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

- Put on my old school Bret Hart purple/pink glasses, and went around in my dad's leather jacket, with my arms out like Bret use to do when he entered the ring.

- Did the 5 Moves of Doom! to my stuffed Hulk Hogan, Ultimate Warrior, and Big Bossman doll thingys (I loved those)

- Kept jumping my little brother from behind and end up putting him in the sharpshooter.

I miss those days....

Guest Jack Tunney

I lasted pretty long in the sharpshooter against my little brother.And when that move is applied the right way it reaaaaaaaaaaaally hurts.

We also had a ladder match using an old school fake WWF title and a little wooden ladder.

Guest TPC

-I thought Stone Cold could beat anybody up.

-I thought Rock was the best wrestler of all time.

-When I used to wrestle with my brother, I thought I had to hold the shoulders down to get the 1 2 3.

- I did real Submissions to make somebody tap.

- I thought Kane burned undertaker for real.

- I thought Kane face was burned by the undertaker long time ago ( some people steel believe do).

-I called the wrestles weak when they didn't win a match like some people

that go my school.

But at least I liked Bret Hart and Lance Storm.

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

All the kids from the neighbourhood used to have big royal rumbles on my front lawn, and if you got off my grass, you're out!

Guest NoCalMike

Me and my friend would watch Challenge, and I remember we were watching Demolition vs. Powers of Pain, and we would emulate move-for-move the entire match. I think we used one of my cats as Mr. Fuji. Hahahaha....embarrasing, but true.

Oh and I remember being shocked when Warrior beat Hogan at WM VI.....

Guest razazteca

I would annoy my sister by taking her dolls then do the Ric Flair Chops and woooooooooooooooo. One day I stiffed a Cabbage Patch Doll and knocked off the head.

Guest Jack Tunney

Back in 5th grade I wanted to have a "Spelling Bee Royal Rumble" in my English class. My teacher shot the idea down pretty quick and we ended up having a regular one.But what woulda happened was: the teacher gives each kid in the class a number.1 and 2 start out fo course,and every minute (2 min is too long) another kid comes in.And of course if you mispell a word you're out. I thought it woulda been cool,but oh well.

yeah I was quite a dork back then.

Guest LesnarLunatic
As part of my love for Hulkamania I would go rent tapes as a young kid in the late 80s and cut the bottom of the plastic bags, strecth the handles and out it on like a shirt and rip it off just like the Hulkster, brother. It's embarrassing now but I thought and still think it was creative.

I do that from time to time and i'm a smark.

Brutha!

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair
I always do the Double J strut!!

LOL your not the only one. Ohhh yeah at Wrestlemania 10 when Owen pinned Bret I would always fast foward that match and almost cry same for hogan Warrior wrestlemania 6.

Guest saturnmark4life

YES! we used to have royal rumbles. But my secret shame is that i was dumb as shit even 3 years ago.

"that match was awful. This Angle guy's gonna last like a month"

i'll be off then...

Guest Raven_Effect01

-I used to have an old Hulkamania t-shirt when I was 5 years old(1991)

-At maybe the same age, I cried whenever the faces lost

-I was a mark for big-name faces at 5 as well(Sting, Pillman, Bobby Eaton, Hogan, Savage, Warrior)

-I had big Hogan and Warrior talking action figures

-A year later I became a heel mark and hated every face(that means even the faces that were good wrestlers)

-A few years after, I started appreciating the wrestlers with talent, face or heel, which ended my mark status, though I didn't have the internet at the time until 1997-1998.