TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest claydude14

"Before they were Smarks"

Guest Respect The 'Taker

Myself and my friends used to pretend to be wrestlers and do fake moves on one another at school....i used to get into LEGITIMATE fights with my friends over who could be KEVIN NASH...thats right...KEVIN NASH...i was about 6 feet tall at the time, so i usually won...

I also paid my friend money, THATS RIGHT FUCKING MONEY, so that i could be Jeff Jarrett in my friends 'stable' the four horsemen...

Oh i was sad..

This has been the Taker Mark

Guest The Superstar

Oh man, I have some sad memories...

I was an Ass Man fan, and when he won KOTR 1999 I was jumping around the room saying "He'll be the best KOTR EVER!"

I cried at WM15 when Triple H turned on X-Pac. I was like "WHY?! WHY?! DX JUST GOT BACK TOGETHER! THIS IS UNFAIR!"

Then around that time I was trying to be 'different' by being a heel mark, so I was also upset when Rock lost at WM15.

Then the Corporate Ministry formed and I hated the heels again for some reason. But then I became an HHH fan in Summer of 99, and I told my friends "I've ALWAYS been an HHH fan! Ever since his Blueblood days!"

Also when I didn't watch RAW every week, I turned on the TV after KOTR 98 and saw the Triple Threat "King of Kings" match between Shamrock, HHH, and Owen. Of course Shamrock won and I was so happy, I was like "He truly is the King!"

And of course, Jericho winning at Royal Rumble, even though I was already a smark. I mean, That totally surprised me, I was jumping around the room and cheering. It was great.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Well, I didn't start watching until I was 16, but anyway. Flash back to Russo era 99 for a minute.

I started watching wrestling while in the middle of an emotional crisis. I was 16 and recently had realized that kids younger than me were drinking beer (I'm 1yr 1mo from 21 and I still haven't touched anything alcoholic), doing "stuff" with girls (while I never had a date, ever) and basically doing all grown-up stuff. Everyone was having fun but me.

The wrestling fans inside this circle of friends (and almost all have fallen off my social radar due to moving and schools and stuff) thought SCSA was the bizzomb and all that jazz. So, although I never said anything, I hated the guy. Plus the Rock was a laugh factory (this was back when "layin' the smackdown" was not nearly as tired as it is now) so I liked that guy. I was pissed at WM when Austin beat Rock, although I pretty much agreed with the guy who had the "I BET AUSTIN WINS" sign. Rock went on to be a jobber for almost a whole year. :(

Of course, the biggest possible sin here was that I was also a Vince McMahon mark. I actually used to LOOK FORWARD TO the 20 minute promo each night.

And if my Mom counts (although she never was a Smark and only occasionally watches anymore), she is a mark for Undertaker, HHH, Kurt, and also for Bradshaw on one week. Mom also thinks Jericho is "too small." She feels sorry for Scott Hall because "he's the only one in that group who gave a crap to wrestle."

Liking all these hosses, you'd think she'd be a huge Brock Lesnar mark, but she dislikes that guy and thinks he's boring as hell. So maybe she does have a future.

Guest Insanityman

I was brought into wrestling by my smark (kinda) cousins at my grandma's house. The first match I saw was Undertaker vs Foley in the HIAC, after Foley took the table spot I remember going "Hey! Dude, someone arrest him and quick!" Then afterwards I left after dinner and I'd never see wrestling until I went back over and saw those tapes.

My mark moment.... take a plastic store brand bag and ripping it off... and also cutting promos while watching.

Guest Dmann2000

I still do the HHH water spit, usually after work walking out to my car I'll stop after coming out of the store, poor water over my head take a swig and spray it followed by the post water breath. People probably think I'm crazy doing that, but it actually helps me take of some stress from telling people at the U-scan to leave the F***ing item on the scale!!!

Guest AM The Kid

I wrestled imaginary opponents on my bed.

I still do the Triple H waterspit, very hard to do inside the house though.

In Grade 5, I was playing around with some friends and this one girl was laying on the ground to I went to do the People's Elbow on her, but when he moves his leg and then hits it...she lifted up her head and I kicked her in the face.

Grade 5 again, everyone in the class had to do a dancing presentation. Well...I picked "Real American" for my song. I dressed up as Hulk with a felt mustache, a yellow tanktop with Hulkamania written on it, a yellow headband and a toy WWF title. Anyways, I danced my ass of to this song and then and the end tore the shirt off.

I have so many more mark moments, but I'm too lazy to tell them right now.

Guest dreamer420

i knew billy gunn was going to win the king of the ring in 1999. it was so obivous and i was a fan of his back then and admittingly i thought he was going to be big after his king of the ring win. he could have been if he hadn't been humiliated by the rock at summerslam that year and put back into being a dx flunky.

Guest 4Life
mine is quite embarasing, it was no mercy 2ooo (not very long ago) and hhh was fighting benoit, after the match i turned to my cousin and said, 'see benoit says he is the best tecnical wrestler in the wwf, but hhh just proved he was miles better'

ugh luckily i saw the light pretty quickly after that.

i also remember marking out for lex luger.

Heh. I was marking out for Luger and DDP vs. nWo. I was such a big fucking fan of Luger's Torture rack. My bro liked Diamond cutter and we would watch Nitro every week. Then we went to Nitro live in Charlotte where everyone was marking out for Flair. He was playing a psycho at the time. They always screwed Charlotte fans by having somebody beat up Flair in the end and leave him laying there. We almost started a riot.

I visited internet wondering what everyone else thinks about WCW and WWF and my jaw dropped. I started reading about backstage politics and quickly I saw the light. However, sometimes I wish I was still a mark. I think I would be enjoying wrestling more.

Guest thefrenchargel

I woke up my brother about four days per week with a submission hold of some variety for about 6 months when he finally got big enough to be put in the figure four and the sharpshooter. I also wanted Shawn Michaels to die and burn in hell when the Rockers broke up. I also thought Adam Bomb was destined for multiple WWF title victories.

Guest crandamaniac

Back when Al Snow had the Head Gimmick, one of my friends got a mannquin head. He came over with a big duffel bag and said "You got a permanent marker". I asked why, and he pulls out this mannquin (sp?) head. I find a marker, and we proceed to write "Help Me" on it's forehead. Then we take it and (with the theme I had downloaded off the computer) proceed to act out Al Snow's entrance.