TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

The One And Only Raw Thread for 7/8/02!

Guest Flyboy

I'm doing the thread this week again, so YAY! for me..

Here's the Raw preview as it stands now:

Last week was a difficult time for the Dead Man to say the least.

After nearly losing his WWE Undisputed Championship in a Ladder Match to Jeff Hardy on RAW, the Undertaker barely escaped another loss on SmackDown! when he narrowly defeated your Olympic hero Kurt Angle. All of this leads us to tonight on RAW, and you would have to imagine that Big Evil is not going to be in the best of moods. What will Taker's next move be, considering that he's slated to defend his title against The Rock at Vengeance on July 21 on Pay-Per-View? Find out tonight on RAW!

Also last week, Shawn Michaels dropped a bombshell when he announced that Triple H is the newest member of the nWo. Will The Game join his friends and create the strongest faction in the history of the business, or does HBK just have a strong case of wishful thinking? Hopefully, we'll find out more on this tonight on TNN!

You can't miss RAW, tonight at 9/8 CT on TNN, live from the First Union Center in Philadelphia!

Check back later this afternoon when matches are announced!

------

So discuss and stuff. A shame that we get to HHH-NWO angle steal ALL the heat from Booker T/NWO, RVD/Brock and stuff. Tsk, tsk...

Guest the pinjockey

When did the UT defeat Kurt Angle I must have missed that part of SD. And I am pretty scared that they are saying the NWO with HHH would be the strongest faction ever. That means they would most likely get shoved down our throats further and further. Yippee. I think I am going to start going against the grain and ask for HHH to stay a face. That way get most of the uppercard suck into one fued crappy face HHH/ NWO.

And I love how JR talks all the time about how RVD could be big with opportunity and they don't even mention his name in the preview.

As a final note please WWF fire who ever came up with the Red Devil Big Evil moniker.

Guest Incandenza
So discuss and stuff. A shame that we get to HHH-NWO angle steal ALL the heat from Booker T/NWO, RVD/Brock and stuff. Tsk, tsk...

Being mentioned in the preview means little in the long run. I'll give them credit for trying to build the HHH-NWO thing into something meaningful, but it's a lost cause. Michaels won't wrestle and Nash is a shitty wrestler; the two active members are constantly made to look stupid--that Croc Hunter parody, as funny as it was, only served to make X-Pac and Big Show look like bigger jackasses than they already are. Plus, Booker T feuding with them does nothing for anyone, as no one buys Pac and Show as credible threats--especially after Michaels made Big Show look like a total bitch last week--and they're not going to get over in this feud, so why should Booker T look good for feuding with them?

As for Brock and RVD, even though they're not in the preview, you know something's in store for them tonight. Brock's involved, after all.

Guest Flyboy
When did the UT defeat Kurt Angle I must have missed that part of SD. And I am pretty scared that they are saying the NWO with HHH would be the strongest faction ever. That means they would most likely get shoved down our throats further and further. Yippee. I think I am going to start going against the grain and ask for HHH to stay a face. That way get most of the uppercard suck into one fued crappy face HHH/ NWO.

And I love how JR talks all the time about how RVD could be big with opportunity and they don't even mention his name in the preview.

As a final note please WWF fire who ever came up with the Red Devil Big Evil moniker.

This could be SUPER bad...

Firstly, Hunter would be on Raw OR the NWO would move to SD!... either way talent would probably be held down. I wouldn't EVEN be funny. -_-

I swear, they hardly mentions RVD's name in the preview... doesn't surprise me when they don't. I'm used to it.

And think J.R. should be backhanded for "Booger Red"... twice.

Guest nikowwf

Don't get all panicky yet. The early preview doesn't mean much.

And it benefits Booker to be going against the HHH lead NWO more than the Michaels NWO because it makes him stronger just if he keeps fighting them evenly. If they book HHH to squash him it doesn't help, but that goes for anything program.

And RVD / Brock HAS to be on the show. They are the two biggest stars on the show arguably right now.

NIKO

Guest Flyboy
Don't get all panicky yet. The early preview doesn't mean much.

And RVD / Brock HAS to be on the show. They are the two biggest stars on the show arguably right now.

Panicky? If HHH joins the NWO.. bad. If HHH doesn't join the NWO and does a DDP on them.. bad. No win situation.

And, I know that RVD/Brock HAS to be on the show... it's like the semi-main event of Vengeance.

Guest nikowwf

I like HHH as a heel better. It at least enables someone else to step up on the babyface side. And don't say he'll hold them down, so what. He's going to hold them down as a dominating face or heel, so what's the difference. If he is a heel, it allows Booker T and Edge to have stronger face roles as both could feud with him.

I HATE the HHH as DDP role. It does nothing but steal Booker's heat. I would HATE that beyond all words.

NIKO

Guest Flyboy
If he is a heel, it allows Booker T and Edge to have stronger face roles as both could feud with him.

That's ONLY if he puts those guys over... if he buries them (a la Jericho), then it does nothing.

This has turned to a thread mostly about HHH and the guy isn't on Raw... shame, shame. <_<

Guest Flyboy

Blah... I wish I could change the topic description... I blame myself for it.

I could have made it much better.. blah. -_-

Guest Incandenza

HHH feuds with the NWO: And what? He'll squash X-Pac and Big Show (boring and boring), will have a slobberknocker with Nash (oh, the pain!) and defeat an unretired Michaels. That last possibility is the ONLY worthwhile--and even that's questionable--outcome of this scenario.

HHH joins the NWO: It will do nothing for the NWO, as they'll still be a bunch of losers, but there will be HHH running through the motions like he has been since January. Paul Levesque, realizing that the NWO is killing the what precious little heat he has, turns HHH face, and the proceeds to act out the plan as detailed above. Only, and I stress only, if HHH returns to his workrate form of 2000 will any good come out of a heel turn. A heel Trips, with his presently awful offense, would only stink up the ring even more, since he'll be dictating the pace of the match.

This has turned to a thread mostly about HHH and the guy isn't on Raw... shame, shame

He's mentioned in the preview, so I'd say we're justified.

Guest Incandenza
So either way it's a no-win situation like I said, basically.

Yep. To be fair, though, feuding with the NWO is death for anyone. What good is it doing for Booker T? Feuding with guys who have no heat in no way helps your heat. The only person in that stable with any heat is Michaels--and the crowd would rather cheer for him, anyway--but it's not like we can expect Michaels to come out of retirement anytime soon. Even if he did, it would probably only be to face Triple H.

Guest rvd43

i think the main event might be jeff hardy and ut vs. gurrero and benoit

Guest Anglesault
when he narrowly defeated your Olympic hero Kurt Angle.

Woah woah woah. He did what to who when? I was under the impression that they would play this up as Taker NOT beating Angle.

Guest FeArHaVoC

You know damn well RVD will open the show. 3 out of 4 times it happens.

Also, it was aweful nice of them to build up Benoit since he made his "Big" return to the ring last week. Errr.. wait!

Guest GenerationNever

The New World Order was drafted together, so that means if Triple H joins he'll be on both shows even without being champion! :o

Guest jester

If they do the Benoit for NWO trade and the whole bunch goes to Smackdown, and Triple H joins, Jericho is SOOOO fucked.

I think the other issue is who the crowd will accept as face/heel. Before the surgery, it looks like HHH was getting weak face pops. HBK is still getting some face reaction, and so is Nash, albeit less so. It's only Show and Xpac that the crowd boos with any consistency (when they bother to react at all).

So whether HHH fueds or joins with the NWO, my guess is nobody is going to know who to cheer and who to boo, and they'll just end up sort of watching without comment.

jester

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

The whole HHH/NWO thing is bad for Booker T. If they do the ddp storyline and he doesn't join, then HHH will steal Booker's spotlight as the guy fighting the nwo. If he does join, then they are most likely turning face, which kills the program with Booker T.

The only way this could turn out well is if HHH does join, but they remain heel and Booker pins HHH clean at SS. And we all know how likely that is.

Guest jester
The whole HHH/NWO thing is bad for Booker T. If they do the ddp storyline and he doesn't join, then HHH will steal Booker's spotlight as the guy fighting the nwo. If he does join, then they are most likely turning face, which kills the program with Booker T.

The only way this could turn out well is if HHH does join, but they remain heel and Booker pins HHH clean at SS. And we all know how likely that is.

I think they just need to wrap up the Booker T/NWO thing immediately (with a few clean wins for Bookdust) and move him on to something else, pronto.

You're right, if Triple H gets anywhere near Booker T, it's all over. Unless he's had a radical change of heart (dream on).

jester

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I won't be watching tonight with the MLB Home Run Derby on.

Guest nikowwf

I'm with Anglesault here. When the f*ck did Taker beat Angle? Hopefully its just people on the site talking out of their ass.

Taker beat Angle? I thought that was a draw / no-contest, whatever they called it on Smackdown.

Niko

Guest Incandenza
I thought that was a draw / no-contest, whatever they called it on Smackdown

That's how they sold it on their weekend shows.

I've never taken much stock in anything that appears on the notoriously faulty WWE website.

Guest Human Fly
Triple H ..will be on Raw tonight. Wanna bet?

I hope not, but wouldn't be surprised.

I hope they announce stipulations for the Brock v. RVD match at Vengeance.

Guest FeArHaVoC

New Update With Matches.......

Last week was a difficult time for the Dead Man to say the least.

After nearly losing his WWE Undisputed Championship in a Ladder Match to Jeff Hardy on RAW, the Undertaker barely escaped another loss on SmackDown! when he narrowly defeated your Olympic hero Kurt Angle. All of this leads us to tonight on RAW, and you would have to imagine that Big Evil is not going to be in the best of moods. What will Taker's next move be, considering that he's slated to defend his title against The Rock at Vengeance on July 21 on Pay-Per-View? Find out tonight on RAW!

Also last week, Shawn Michaels dropped a bombshell when he announced that Triple H is the newest member of the nWo. Will The Game join his friends and create the strongest faction in the history of the business, or does HBK just have a strong case of wishful thinking? Hopefully, we'll find out more on this tonight on TNN!

Chris Benoit returns to singles action when he goes one-on-one with Bubba Ray Dudley. William Regal will also defend his European Championship against Jeff Hardy.

You can't miss RAW, tonight at 9/8 CT on TNN, live from the First Union Center in Philadelphia!

Guest FeArHaVoC

Looks like Jeff Gets the Euro-Trash belt, and Benoit goes No-Where. WWE hates us Smarks.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Ross said he wants to put Bubba in a "major issue". Prepare for hell. :D

Guest FeArHaVoC

So, Buh Buh is getting Bradshaw's push?

Well, I actually like Buh Buh way more then Bradshaw. Just don't want to see Benoit wasting his time with him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I guess if you almost beat Taker for the undisputed title...the next week you get to win a lesser singles belt.

RVD won the IC title after the false switch...

Jeff has a Euro shot the week after his ladder match.

Or maybe they will start a Hardys vs. Regal and HArvard program.

I wouldn't mind that much...as it would nix the Bradshaw angle...and would only be on the HEat before the ppv anyway.

Guest Shaved Bear

maybe theyll throw X-Pac out of the nwo, and I missed last week, did they kick show out or no