Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

Does Anyone Read My Columns?

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does Anyone Read My Columns?

• Yes
    • No
    • The Velocity recaps, yea, but not the stupid DVD reviews
    • The DVD reviews of underappreciated movies, but not that boring Velocity show!

Guest evenflowDDT

OK, I really don't care what you guys think of me. OK that's a lie, I hope you guys like me, but if you don't, there's really little I can do to change that. BUT, this is something I could conceivably work on. My question is simple, does anyone read my columns on the site? I've only gotten two pieces of e-mail feedback, ever, so I have no way of judging for sure.

If you do read them, what do you think of them? Do you like them, or do you have any suggestions on how I can improve them? If you don't read them, why not? Is it something I can fix, or do you just not like Velocity or any of the movies I review?

Also, would you guys like it if I decided to review "serious" movies as well as b-movies? It's an idea I've been throwing around for a while, and before I e-mail my "bosses" for the final OK, I'd be wondering what anyone else thinks. It was bound to happen anyway, since I'm going into college as a film-maker, and it would eventually show up, I just don't want it be in criticism of the cinematography and Dogma of Danny Draven ;)

Guest RobJohnstone

I do every now and again, but for the most part I like retrorob's stuff. And Dr.Tom owns everyone, he is the fucking man.

--Rob

Guest RetroRob215
....for the most part I like retrorob's stuff....

--Rob

That's nice to know. Oh yeah, Evenflow...I read your Velocity stuff. I rarely read any DVD stuff because I'm not usually interested in any of the DVD's that are mentioned.

Guest razazteca

review some Anime or Kung Fu movies

Velocity reviews are readable

Guest Incandenza
I can't read.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'll say this: I'm not terribly interested in the kind of films you review, evenflow, so I've only read one or two of them. I do check out your Velocity recaps, though.

Guest Zack Malibu

I read both fairly often, 'Flow. You and I both have an affinity for low-budget camp, so your reviews come as helpful recommendations and/or warnings for the movies that are on the market, waiting for my hard-earned money. And the Velocity recaps catch me up on what I miss, since I'm never home on Saturdays, and Mark Henry vs. Christian doesn't exactly have me rushing to set the timer on the VCR.

Guest evenflowDDT

*BUMP*

Thanks for all who replied, and I talked to Dames, and every so often I'll throw in a review of a "real" movie. I'm only bumping because I can't believe genius got more replies than I did... sniff sniff...

Guest MrRant

Well... you suck...

Just kidding. I enjoy you stuff.

Guest The Superstar

I read the velocity recaps and they're very good, I'm just not into the DVDs you review ^_^ I also like the:

wh00! More commercials!

Guest RobJohnstone

dames in the interest of truth, I only ever read your wm 18 dvd review.

--Rob

Guest DrTom

Honestly, I read everything that gets posted to the site. I feel it's my duty as a member of the writing staff to read the works of my peers. Most of what I read is good.

Guest FakeRazor

I read through a lot of the stuff on the site, and everyone's done an excellent job thus far.

Ok, who reads my stuff then?

Guest TheDames7
dames in the interest of truth, I only ever read your wm 18 dvd review.

--Rob

Alright, thats cool. Just curious, why haven't you read anything else?

Dames

Guest Respect The 'Taker

I read pretty much all of the work you submit Evenflow and its been pretty damn good so far, keep up the good work!

Taker Mark Incorporated

Guest jimmy no nose

I haven't really read much of this site, mostly just a few Dr. Tom things. I still think of this as the board for thesmarks.com. I read almost everything over there, but they've gone way downhill.

Guest Nevermortal

I actually don't even visit TheSmartMarks.com anymore. Its strictly the forum baybee!

Guest RetroRob215
I read through a lot of the stuff on the site, and everyone's done an excellent job thus far.

Ok, who reads my stuff then?

I really liked your Velocity report from 2 weeks ago (?).

Guest RetroRob215
What about me....anyone read my stuff?

Dames

I read pretty much everything you write besides the end of the week news stuff because I already got all of that news from 411 earlier in the week. I'm really digging yor NWA reviews lately.

Guest evenflowDDT

I read every column on the site as well. Anyway, I was just curious. Thanks to all who replied... I'm off to write another thrilling Velocity recap! :)