TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob Edwards

My anti Taz post

Guest Rob Edwards

OK I've seen enough ECW fans singing his praises to think it's time for the great anti Taz(z) getting any kind of push in WWE rant.

First point of course is ratings, now while Taz might have helped ECW's ratings a bit he was by no means the main selling point of the company. ECW sold itself based on the style of wrestling it promoted rather than any individual workers in the company (That goes for Rvd, Raven, Douglas and anyone else too). I'll admit the Path of Rage idea helped draw some ratings for the company but would it work in WWE? The answer is no way in my opinion. For starters Taz was pushed as an unbeatable monster and yes this worked in ECW but in ECW the average worker was about 30-40 lbs lighter than the average worker in WWE. Is the casual fan going to buy into the fantasy of a man Taz's size dominating The Rock, HHH etc? No they wouldn't the angle would flop. WWE is currently having problems getting Lesnar over as a monster never mind Taz. Sure there are other possibilities, the small guy with a big heart is probably his best bet to get over but he can only go so far with that and it wouldn't suit his ring style. As his commentary prety much proves he'd have problems with any kind of comedy gimmick. He could throw cruiserweights around but that damages the credibility of the division. So in my opinion theres no way I can think of that Taz could draw a dime for WWE

The above could be forgiven to an extent if he was a great in ring worker which (and I hate to break this to all you ECWites) he's not. He's average at best. The only good matches I've ever seen involving him is when the opposition have either been working exactly to his style to make him look good (see almost everyone in ECW history) or carrying him (See Dean Malenko). This should explain why he's had one decent match in WWE (His debut v Kurt Angle) as WWE workers are not willing to make themselves look bad at the expense of making Taz appear good. Most are also not willing to take all of his suplex repetoire (some of which are pretty dangerous) which unfortunatley for Taz has exposed him as a crock who had people working to suit his style (also see Public Enemy for further proof of Heyman booking like this)

So overall based on the fact that Taz is a mediocre worker who is too small to get over in WWE and noone would be willing to get squashed by the path of rage anyway (as they would immediatley demote themselves to jobber status) then what reason is there to push the guy. The only push I'd give him is out the door

Guest Mattdotcom

Yep, this post will set all of us Tazz-lovers on the Smart Marks Board straight, yessiree...

Guest PYNAGE

This is for everybody who may post at WDI....

*Kicks Adam Bomb in the Junk*

Thank you , drive through.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I don't really like Tazz or buy into the concept of him dominating people that are over a foot taller than him and alot heavier than him, but he has his moments (when he's not commentating on Smackdown).

Tough Enough Reunion:

"So basically what you're saying is that you have no respect for my business. The bottom line is, you didn't make it on Tough Enough because you aren't Tough Enough. Your attitude sucks, you have the heart of a pussy and you are a pussy. When you die, they're going to build a pine box big enough to fit your horrible body in and you'll be a dead pussy. You know what I'm talking about! You're best bet is to sit there and don't say shit to me!"

Guest alfdogg

What the fuck is the point of an anti-Tazz thread?

He doesn't even wrestle anymore, he's retiring to become a full-time announcer.

And I've seen no one on this board "sing his praises". Most of the people hate him, the only person (besides me) on here that I've seen that likes him is treble charged.

Guest Rob Edwards
This is for everybody who may post at WDI....

*Kicks Adam Bomb in the Junk*

Thank you , drive through.

Do you really think a guy named after a Brian Clarke gimmick is gonna sell that?!

Guest Rob Edwards
What the fuck is the point of an anti-Tazz thread?

He doesn't even wrestle anymore, he's retiring to become a full-time announcer.

And I've seen no one on this board "sing his praises". Most of the people hate him, the only person (besides me) on here that I've seen that likes him is treble charged.

Yeah the post doesn't reflect the boards feeling of Taz (It was actually written for posting on another forum and I posted here aswell but couldn't be bothered to modify it) Yeah I realise he's retired (a lot of my inspiration came from Taz got screwed posts) Even so I'm sure if Vince told Taz he'd get a push if he wrestled again he'd do it

Guest Mattdotcom

No, Adam Bomb wouldn't sell it. I'm sure the steroids have made his nuts strong and hard to find. ^_^