TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Russo Joins NWA-TNA

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Word just came out that Russo signed with the NWA. Is he going to sink the ship before it even started sailing? Will Jerry give him the power you know he wants? I hope that they are smart enough to review his ideas before putting them out there and replacing good X Division matches with crappy storylines.

Guest nikowwf

We already have WWE focusing too much on angles and not on matches. Now Vince Russo, the posterchild for that shit is working for NWA. Sigh....

Niko

Guest Tony149

I don't think anything bad is going to happen just because Russo is working for TNA. Jerry is still the head guy, Russo will probably help throw ideas around. The Jarretts know the X division is becoming TNA's trademark, so I doubt they'll allow that to crash and burn.

Guest TheHulkster

Jerry is a very intelligent business man, i'll give him that, but I hope he knows what he's gotten himself into. Just when i thought this week couldn't get any worse...

Guest RetroRob215

Rumor has Russo will just be an "idea guy". He won't be head booker, Jerry Jarrett will still have 100% control in the end, like Vince McMahon.

Guest Hitman Jebus

Dave Scherer of 1wrestling.com spoke to Vince Russo earlier today once news broke that Russo had signed with NWA: TNA. Russo gave the following comments on the X-Division:

"How could you not be a fan of the X Division? It's the most exciting thing I've seen in years. Those guys are the most amazing athletes in the world and I have been thoroughly entertained watching the X matches the first three weeks of the show."

"People say I'm not a fan of wrestling. That's not true. I'm not a fan of bad wrestling, and there's nothing bad about the X Division. It's the hottest thing in the wrestling business today."

"I sat backstage last week and watched the entire show, and at that point hadn't really made up my mind as far as what I wanted to do. I had an offer from the WWE, but watching the NWA-TNA show, and the X matches in particular, made me excited about being involved in this business again. I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of it."

Credit: 1wrestling.com

Guest Phoenix Fury Legdrop
Dave Scherer of 1wrestling.com spoke to Vince Russo earlier today once news broke that Russo had signed with NWA: TNA. Russo gave the following comments on the X-Division:

"How could you not be a fan of the X Division? It's the most exciting thing I've seen in years. Those guys are the most amazing athletes in the world and I have been thoroughly entertained watching the X matches the first three weeks of the show."

"People say I'm not a fan of wrestling. That's not true. I'm not a fan of bad wrestling, and there's nothing bad about the X Division. It's the hottest thing in the wrestling business today."

"I sat backstage last week and watched the entire show, and at that point hadn't really made up my mind as far as what I wanted to do. I had an offer from the WWE, but watching the NWA-TNA show, and the X matches in particular, made me excited about being involved in this business again. I knew immediately I wanted to be a part of it."

Credit: 1wrestling.com

I betcha 1Bob and Scherer made that "statement" up themselves.

Guest Hitman Jebus

From nwatna.com:

TO ALL CONCERNED NWATNA FANS

All is well in NWATNA. I'm at a bit of a loss to understand why everyone just assumes that I'm a weak nelly who could be so easily influenced by one employee as to forsake my 40 year history in this business. Why would people not judge our product based on what they see in the shows? Because you have taken your time to write me, I think you deserve my time in giving you my thinking on this subject. I love traditional wrestling and will see that the core of our product is traditional wrestling. However, I also understand that we can't produce a show that has national appeal based solely on my taste. I'm following the same formula that I've followed for 40 years in producing quality wrestling shows. In the territory days, I tried to have people help me who had different opinions than myself. Jerry Lawler loved monsters. Jackie Fargo loved humor and loved to have fun. Tojo Yamamoto loved the violence. The television shows reflected the taste of all the above over the course of time, but it remained a solid wrestling show.

I can tell you why I went after Vince Russo and was successful in bringing him in to be on our staff. Vince had a successful run in WWF and that is fact. I know the WCW situation better than most because of two factors. One: I tried to buy the company and therefore had the opportunity to see WCW somewhat from the inside. I turned down the job of booker/writer on several occasions because I knew the company structure would not allow anyone to be successful. Two: JJ Dillon, who worked in management for WCW, now runs my construction company and JJ and I have spent many hours discussing the fact that no one could have succeeded in WCW because of the structure of the company. So, this leaves Vince Russo with one win and a loss that he should not have to take.

During the many hours of conversation that Vince Russo and I have had, I find that he has a great appreciation for wrestling and great wrestlers. He is also an exceptionally creative person who does not wear his feelings on his sleeve. In other words, he accepts it when someone does not agree with his ideas. His favorite saying is, "It's your money and therefore your call." I'm looking forward to working with Vince and the entire staff here at NWATNA feels that he is a welcome addition.

Jerry Jarrett

Guest dreamer420

russo loves the x division so it will be around but the questions should be "how sports entertainment like is the x division going to become"

Guest Trivia247

If you go by Russo's track record

The Cruiserweight/ X division new champion will probably be either.... a Midget... a woman, or Ed Ferrea (sp)

maybe he will start a Nation of Domination vs Truth Commission vs DOA feud that would be helpful now wouldn't it.

not just kill it off, kill it off with Old Crap .

Guest dreamer420
The Cruiserweight/ X division new champion will probably be either.... a Midget... a woman, or Ed Ferrea (sp)

this is my fear with russo being involved. if ferrara somehow wins a title i would never want to watch again.